Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Vikar Jerome posted:

huh, looks like its set after the main game

Robbie: Link! You gotta come back with me!
Link: Where?
Robbie: Back to the future!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bomb and Cook and Eat Every Single Tree

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

God drat Twilight Princess is a slog. I'm at the lakebed temple, does it get better?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Every zelda sucks now except botw and the OG NES one. Deal with it

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Every zelda sucks now except botw and the OG NES one. Deal with it
You forgot Ocarina of Time you blasphemous gently caress.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Every zelda sucks now except botw. Deal with it

"now"

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I got lost in kokiri forest as a little kid and haven't played OOT since

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Hard Food

For this recipe you will need
1 Whole Tree
A cookpot (lit)
2 ancient shiekah bombs (cubic or sphere to taste)

Bomb the tree
Wait until gauge refills
Bomb the tree
Add wood liberally to cookpot
Simmer until food mysteriously become plated

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DalaranJ posted:

Hard Food

For this recipe you will need
1 Whole Tree
A cookpot (lit)
2 ancient shiekah bombs (cubic or sphere to taste)

Bomb the tree
Wait until gauge refills
Bomb the tree
Add wood liberally to cookpot
Simmer until food mysteriously become plated

I assume the magic Shiekah pouch that carries an infinite number of ingredients but I finite number of meals, shields, etc, provides the plates.

Also, if you switch between bombs you can cook your hard food faster.

Round bomb, square bomb, wood, pot, food!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Exactly

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Kromlech posted:

You forgot Ocarina of Time you blasphemous gently caress.

I have bad news, friend.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

wood spits out a pile of garbage when cooked apparently, but it's a pile of garbage that gives you a quarter heart. Murder all trees in the trials.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Attempting these trials as soon as you unlock the master sword in master mode seems like a terrible idea but here I am dying to Moblins. Up to floor 5 or 6 I think.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

God drat Twilight Princess is a slog. I'm at the lakebed temple, does it get better?

Right after that, IIRC, is where it opens up a bit. by opens up I mean by non-BOTW standards but I think that's the end of the parts I felt were most tedious.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I accidently killed a horse with bomb arrows in the final trial room. It just lay there in the burnt grass. I started at it until it vanished.

I never saw a horse die in the actual game though I knew it was possible because of the creepy horse goddess. I didn't expect it to just lie there though. :smith:

Goddess speed virtual trial horse!

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I lost my (2nd) Epona to a flying guardian laser in a horrible-to-navigate-with-a-horse canyon and yes it's hilariously violent, and the body just stays there for a while

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
A silver bokoblin one-shotted one of my horses right out from under me once and I was very sad until I went to the creepy horse goddess and got it back. I ended up selling that horse to the guy who needs one, probably safer with him than with me lol

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The horse death noise is also very :smith:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
im just mad i cant make horse jerky.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

spit on my clit posted:

im just mad i cant make horse jerky.

Yeah, where's the horse meat

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

You can't hold the horse and therefore can't cook it

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

The Bloop posted:

Round bomb, square bomb, wood, pot, food!

Protier terrible dish cooking strats. Have you considered e-sports?

Speaking of which I need to get my name into the goon spreadsheet before Splatoon 2 comes out, don't I?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I accidentally killed a horse trying to get it down a mountain once. It slipped and slipped and fell to its death.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Anyone playing Master Mode using the amiibos? I've been scanning them 4 days in a row and haven't once gotten a single weapon from any of them (~14 Zelda theme amiibos) It's almost like the drop rates for MM were changed to prevent people from just loading up on the high dmg weapons right after the plateau.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

pentyne posted:

Anyone playing Master Mode using the amiibos? I've been scanning them 4 days in a row and haven't once gotten a single weapon from any of them (~14 Zelda theme amiibos) It's almost like the drop rates for MM were changed to prevent people from just loading up on the high dmg weapons right after the plateau.
Yes, I've been running through master mode dressed like Fierce Deity Link, in case you're not aware you can't get any rare amiibo drops (like the twilight bow etc) until you've beaten at least one divine beast.
For anyone interested in starting Master Mode, I recommend getting the Majora's Mask right away, and use that to get the Phantom armour from around Hyrule field.

I beat the first Sword trial on Master Mode last night, the first room is really hard- taking on several enemies with double handed weapons is brutal

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Frankston posted:

I accidentally killed a horse trying to get it down a mountain once. It slipped and slipped and fell to its death.
lol but also slightly saddening

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

A silver bokoblin one-shotted one of my horses right out from under me once and I was very sad until I went to the creepy horse goddess and got it back. I ended up selling that horse to the guy who needs one, probably safer with him than with me lol

You can find that guy at a stable later he sold the horse

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Yes, you're about to get to the better stuff. Fast travel and good dungeons. Arbiter's Grounds, Snowpeak Ruins and Old Kakariko are worth gritting your teeth and powering through Lakebed and the immediate aftermath.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
The horse god will also resurrect horses you've directly killed.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

El Burbo posted:

You can find that guy at a stable later he sold the horse

that jerk >:(

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Okay, how in the HELL do you even attempt Trial of the Sword on Master Mode? At floor 10 there's 2 Silver Lizalfos on a thin and small dock. Your weapons and arrows isn't even enough tro deal with one let alone two. If they get knocked out they'll pretty much recover any damage since you can keep the stress on them in water. What the gently caress do I do?

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

frodnonnag posted:

The horse god will also resurrect horses you've directly killed.
This is how you get anti-theist horses

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Waffleopolis posted:

Okay, how in the HELL do you even attempt Trial of the Sword on Master Mode? At floor 10 there's 2 Silver Lizalfos on a thin and small dock. Your weapons and arrows isn't even enough tro deal with one let alone two. If they get knocked out they'll pretty much recover any damage since you can keep the stress on them in water. What the gently caress do I do?

Exploit stealth. https://youtu.be/jDxGOCIINLI?t=1758

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

To add to this: snipe the blue lizalfos in front of you immediately. Then sneak up on one of the two silver lizalfos, and try to angle your sneak attack so you don't knock it into the water. Then you can loop around and sneakstrike again when it gets up. If you gently caress up the stealth, you can escape by climbing the bones around the platform to the top, so that the Lizalfos forget you and go lie down again.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Zoran posted:

To add to this: snipe the blue lizalfos in front of you immediately. Then sneak up on one of the two silver lizalfos, and try to angle your sneak attack so you don't knock it into the water. Then you can loop around and sneakstrike again when it gets up. If you gently caress up the stealth, you can escape by climbing the bones around the platform to the top, so that the Lizalfos forget you and go lie down again.

THat's all well and good, but what about camps that they are encircled? I'll be seen. Not to mention the other silver lizalfo will see me and attack

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Runcible Cat posted:

Yes, you're about to get to the better stuff. Fast travel and good dungeons. Arbiter's Grounds, Snowpeak Ruins and Old Kakariko are worth gritting your teeth and powering through Lakebed and the immediate aftermath.

Ok thanks for the heads up because I was seriously considering taking a long break from the game after the lakebed temple, but I will power through. I just got the Master Sword so hopefully things will pick up now, because christ it feels like this game is slow as all hell.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Waffleopolis posted:

THat's all well and good, but what about camps that they are encircled? I'll be seen. Not to mention the other silver lizalfo will see me and attack

The silvers are facing outward, away from each other, and are far enough apart that they won't hear you wailing on their buddy if you take them separately.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Ok thanks for the heads up because I was seriously considering taking a long break from the game after the lakebed temple, but I will power through. I just got the Master Sword so hopefully things will pick up now, because christ it feels like this game is slow as all hell.

Is it ever. But yeah, you've hit the significantly-less-bullshit phase now, so hopefully you can start enjoying it.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

at 22:20, aggro-ing a guardian, then climbing a tree to fly to the top of the temple of time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Dictator. posted:

at 22:20, aggro-ing a guardian, then climbing a tree to fly to the top of the temple of time

This is just straight up wizardry