Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

it uses the java app to launch a regular rdp session i don't even know what the gently caress

edit: i guess the java app creates the vpn tunnel and they did it that way so that it could be used on macs as well. no idea what the inevitable linux users are supposed to do.

when did they take java away from linux?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Lain Iwakura posted:

you used a public computer to connect to work resources?

CommunistPancake posted:

perhaps revenge for having to work on holiday

yes and yes. logins are behind an rsa 2 factor so even if my actual logon was swiped it wouldn't be useful though

it was for the dumbest loving thing as well. i forgot to do some bullshit mandatory training before i went away and me and my manager (who was also on holiday) would both get in the poo poo if i didnt because it is obviously critically important that i spend 30 minutes clicking through a presentation about disaster recovery right this second.

every single thing on it was animated, it took forever on a lovely connection and lol at whoever decided to embed a video that then ran at 1fps

bonus: a picture of an email notifcation which had 'this is a test email' in bold on it with a comment underneath saying "note: this is not a phishing mail"

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
exploit indexing begins at 1day

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

yes and yes. logins are behind an rsa 2 factor so even if my actual logon was swiped it wouldn't be useful though

it was for the dumbest loving thing as well. i forgot to do some bullshit mandatory training before i went away and me and my manager (who was also on holiday) would both get in the poo poo if i didnt because it is obviously critically important that i spend 30 minutes clicking through a presentation about disaster recovery right this second.

every single thing on it was animated, it took forever on a lovely connection and lol at whoever decided to embed a video that then ran at 1fps

bonus: a picture of an email notifcation which had 'this is a test email' in bold on it with a comment underneath saying "note: this is not a phishing mail"

Man I hope you got owned simply cause the news articles would be hilarious

I seriously mean no ill will saying that, it would just be a really funny story

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

pr0zac posted:

Man I hope you got owned simply cause the news articles would be hilarious

I seriously mean no ill will saying that, it would just be a really funny story

same lol

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

lol when we had to do that but on workplace safety we all independently set up a script to cheat on the mandatory viewing time

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Lol if you still use vpn and use network location as an access control mechanism.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

lmfao if you use computers at all imo

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

pr0zac posted:

Ed: also anyone gonna be in vegas this year? I'm skipping defcon prob but will be down for bsides and then at least til Friday for a work thing

I'll be there all week, could probably do lunch or something mid-week before Defcon gets busy

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

"note: this is not a phishing mail"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

hackbunny posted:

lol when we had to do that but on workplace safety we all independently set up a script to cheat on the mandatory viewing time

our "security training" for PCI compliance was like, a folder full of approximately 4 hours of video files we had to say we watched but not actually provide any proof we watched

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

pray for my aunt posted:

exploit indexing begins at 1day

:catstare:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

/r/programmerhumor checking in

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

ate all the Oreos posted:

our "security training" for PCI compliance was like, a folder full of approximately 4 hours of video files we had to say we watched but not actually provide any proof we watched

if they ever ask you compliance questions the answer is almost always 'all of the above' i.e. report everything including yourself.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

if they ever ask you compliance questions the answer is almost always 'all of the above' i.e. report everything including yourself.

what, like an auditor or something? because the person who would actually ask compliance questions internally is actually me, because i'm the only one on the dev team that gives a gently caress so i'm in charge of it

for the record i recommended some actually useful-looking online training thing for the "security training" but it, you know, cost nonzero dollars and so it was vetoed

e: actually I don't remember if it cost nonzero dollars now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure it was just some OWASP thing...

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
you haven't lived until in house counsel, who is traveling to moscow, wants to know how to "compute securely" and finds vpns (click to run) too complex complains to your supervisor that you are VERY unhelpful

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

ate all the Oreos posted:

what, like an auditor or something? because the person who would actually ask compliance questions internally is actually me, because i'm the only one on the dev team that gives a gently caress so i'm in charge of it

for the record i recommended some actually useful-looking online training thing for the "security training" but it, you know, cost nonzero dollars and so it was vetoed

e: actually I don't remember if it cost nonzero dollars now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure it was just some OWASP thing...

sorry i didn't mean like PCI compliance i meant like anti money laundering compliance which is what i have to do sometimes.

sample questions included 'james wants to make a multi million dollar transaction of no economic value, what do you do?' and given the lack of a 'i work in IT why the gently caress is he talking to me?' option it's always 'report everything and everyone'

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

maskenfreiheit posted:

you haven't lived until in house counsel, who is traveling to moscow, wants to know how to "compute securely" and finds vpns (click to run) too complex complains to your supervisor that you are VERY unhelpful

lawyers suck

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Chris Knight posted:

lawyers suck

:yeah:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

this is cool court, not fool court :c00lbert:

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

hey cool google finally is adding being able to view certs back into chrome without performing some kind of interpretive keyboard dance

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=663971

it only took a year

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

sorry i didn't mean like PCI compliance i meant like anti money laundering compliance which is what i have to do sometimes.

sample questions included 'james wants to make a multi million dollar transaction of no economic value, what do you do?' and given the lack of a 'i work in IT why the gently caress is he talking to me?' option it's always 'report everything and everyone'

I work for a bank and we have to do the same exact thing even though we never interact with customers or money. The "What is a gift and what is a bribe?" quiz is my favorite.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
y'all do realize you take that type of training so you can correctly identify if someone else is breaking the rules and report them get your cut

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
you must report any gifts totaling larger than $100 combined with questions about what to do when you're at a baseball game with a vendor or customer

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
and if you are stopped and asked to solve riddles about CVVs by a sphinx don't answer them

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

I work for a bank and we have to do the same exact thing even though we never interact with customers or money. The "What is a gift and what is a bribe?" quiz is my favorite.

:same:

my favourite was the one about crossing a border in wherever and the border guard asks you for cash to 'process your papers' so we all clicked 'give him the money' because nobody wants to get shot but apparently that was wrong and you should nobly refuse and call your local compliance officer (whilst bleeding out i guess)

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

my favourite was the one about crossing a border in wherever and the border guard asks you for cash to 'process your papers' so we all clicked 'give him the money' because nobody wants to get shot but apparently that was wrong and you should nobly refuse and call your local compliance officer (whilst bleeding out i guess)

whoa, hyperbole much? i mean they're just going to "lose" your passport and put you in a cell for a few years to rot, jeez relax man

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

you're supposed to haggle them down, duh

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

like my dad was once shaken down by Indian customs for about $100. his host's reaction was "wow you're bad at haggling"

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
F5ing Tavis' twitter feed, cmon its Monday.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

hackbunny posted:

as somebody who develops and works with online training modules, i approve

protip: SCORM api variables can often be modified directly in the console

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

dude, just click the obviously right answer and move on

the site doesn't care if you're honest

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

:same: the aml is my fave module

burning swine
May 26, 2004

30 minutes clicking through a presentation about disaster recovery right this second.

lol

coworker had this hanging on his wall for years after being hassled on his day off to complete phishing training

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Phone posted:

you must report any gifts totaling larger than $100 combined with questions about what to do when you're at a baseball game with a vendor or customer

If customer, but then many foods and drinks

If vendor get many foods and drinks bought for you

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
lol

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

lol

coworker had this hanging on his wall for years after being hassled on his day off to complete phishing training

thats a cool coworker :laffo:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

lol

looks there like he completed it to me though :confused:

edit: I misread that as he had to go redo it because they weren't happy about the name

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jul 10, 2017

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

lol

A good response

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

lol

lmao

• Locked thread