Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

R.D. Mangles posted:

If you rooted for the Bulls during the Jordan years, you need to root for them through the Cameron Payne era, come join the SAS Bulls fans and angrily rant at the front office which has an angry bald coach-choker and what appears to be a weird iguana man, a howdy-doody doofus coach who will literally die if he wears a necktie, and a team that currently has a million useless point guards who can't shoot, a bad big whose only skill is bulging out his eyes to defer predators, and a first-ballot hall of fame legend cashing a check who might actually just sit on the bench with a pina colada while Stacey King attempts to scream warnings at players for leaving Lauri Markkanen alone at the three-point line although he probably won't be able to pronounce Markkanen and Neil Funk probably will call him Larry for the entire season.

Asking someone whose last exposure was the Jordan years to come back to the Bulls now seems like a good way to lose a potential basketball fan :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

My boss at work decided to pick an NBA team 2 years ago when his kid starting playing ball, so he picked the Bulls because his kid loved Jimmy Butler. He is pretty much at 80% of R.D. Mangles and Dexo anger after just two years and wants to change teams

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Intruder posted:

Asking someone whose last exposure was the Jordan years to come back to the Bulls now seems like a good way to lose a potential basketball fan :shobon:

I hate that I was young and didn't fully appreciate those years.

Because holy poo poo.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dexo posted:

I hate that I was young and didn't fully appreciate those years.

Because holy poo poo.

I had one of those cheap champion jerseys that was black with the Jordan 45 and gifted it to a Bulls fan friend a few years ago after digging it out of storage and holy poo poo did his eyes light up

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Spite posted:

atlanta is going to be really cool and their new GM is extremely smart plus they have a very good coach.

I dunno how they will be next year but I bet they will put something interesting together in a few years

They are also probably going to be pretty bad next year. Hill and Hayward were their most important offensive players by a huge margin.
It's also stupid to play slowly in Utah because then you lose benefit the elevation gives you over most opponents.

It's actually pretty smart when your most important player is a once in a generation defensive talent who is 9 feet tall and slow.

I think they'll be okay depending on health. Gobert basically makes any defense good by himself and Rubio only adds to that while also being able to run the offense. Hood has a chance to be very good if he can finally stay healthy. Exum is still only 21. Donovan Mitchell looks fun. Derrick Favors has been a very good basketball player relatively recently. Iso Joe continues to Iso Joe like a motherfucker in crunch time

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Also the Warriors are definitely winning a title just root for them it'll be very satisfying and they're fun to watch. Sports are dumb, you don't have to try to impress the internet

MourningView fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jul 10, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

That's a really nice deal for the Suns. Alan Williams is a bucket getter

Apparently Tom Haberstroh wrote an article about how Marcus Morris has the best defensive numbers against LEbron in the NBA, confirming my amazing scouting ability. I'm going to kill Stan Van Gundy. I'm going to premeditate his murder and I'll be found not guilty if I do the killing in Auburn Hillls

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Jul 10, 2017

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I am not the corny motherfucker known as Coach Nick from B-Ball Breakdown. I am my own man

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

MourningView posted:

It's actually pretty smart when your most important player is a once in a generation defensive talent who is 9 feet tall and slow.

I think they'll be okay depending on health. Gobert basically makes any defense good by himself and Rubio only adds to that while also being able to run the offense. Hood has a chance to be very good if he can finally stay healthy. Exum is still only 21. Donovan Mitchell looks fun. Derrick Favors has been a very good basketball player relatively recently. Iso Joe continues to Iso Joe like a motherfucker in crunch time

One day when we completely map the human genome we will look deep into ISO Joe's DNA to finally find the sequence of clutch he has secreted away like a basketball X-Man

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Oh that's easy it's because whether he makes the shot or misses the shot he's going to get paid either way and is not going to get destroyed in the media if he misses. so he has no worries.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

the suns did a good thing wow!!!!

geaux suns

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

NickRoweFillea posted:

I am not the corny motherfucker known as Coach Nick from B-Ball Breakdown. I am my own man
alright coach nick

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

If you're starting your fandom from the ground up, how can you not Trust a Process?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

paternity suitor posted:

If you're starting your fandom from the ground up, how can you not Trust a Process?

That's an advanced course still at this point, otherwise you are in the draft thread arguing that the Sixers don't need to draft a guard because they already have a starting caliber guard, Sergio Rodriguez.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Who the gently caress is Alan Williams

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Dejan Bimble posted:

That's a really nice deal for the Suns. Alan Williams is a bucket getter

Apparently Tom Haberstroh wrote an article about how Marcus Morris has the best defensive numbers against LEbron in the NBA, confirming my amazing scouting ability. I'm going to kill Stan Van Gundy. I'm going to premeditate his murder and I'll be found not guilty if I do the killing in Auburn Hillls

so.. Dwight was right?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I would encourage you to cheer for the Raptors because being marginally entertained but mostly completely unsatisfied and disappointed gives your life perspective and enriches your other endeavours beyond sport. However, they just traded Demarree Carroll so you'll already be missing out on peak frustration.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

dokmo posted:

He's a 6'8 center who is a small sample size all star

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jul 10, 2017

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

This sounds suspiciously like something coach Nick would say to throw us of his track :thunk:

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Paul Zuvella posted:

He's a 6'8 center who is a small sample size allmstar

He's also a Ronny Turiaf level hype man

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

https://twitter.com/newave9x/status/883854139398213632

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dexo posted:

Oh that's easy it's because whether he makes the shot or misses the shot he's going to get paid either way and is not going to get destroyed in the media if he misses. so he has no worries.

Remember when he got bought out and could have signed with the Cavs to play for a title but instead went to Miami to hang out in south beach and live the Boat Life because who really cares about titles when you've made like $200 million playing basketball? Smartest man in sports

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/status/884403214623191041
Invite me!!!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

MourningView posted:

You can tell whether or not someone has actually seen Utah play recently by seeing if they call them "fun." They have good young players and were really bad recently so people want them to be fun and exciting but they play at the slowest pace in the league and the offense is a slog.

I don't mind slow as much as some people and have a fondness for some of their players but that's probably fair. Not fun in the way a fast pace passing heavy team is fun. They do have Ricky now though so it may be more accurate than it appears.

The Bucks are sort of the same way though, Giannis is just so cool it distracts people from it.

Paul Zuvella posted:

He's a 6'8 center who is a small sample size all star

Guarantee a lot of people know him cause he was a fantasy waiver wire star, not like the suns were drawing a lot of eyes last couple years.

paternity suitor posted:

right now processors are flying high, but they and the body weight of their players are held up by two sided tape and wood glue. Scary bandwagon to jump.

Jenny Angel posted:

Real talk I forgot for a second that you post in CineD so I was thinking "who is this mega creep", but now I know you're a fellow CineGoon and thus only a minor creep

Thanks for the lovely advice, everyone! I'mma try out some games with the Bucks, Pelicans, and Rockets to start with, and see who I like from there. My reason for these specific three teams is that Milwaukee, New Orleans, and Houston are the three cities I've really enjoyed spending time in, out of the teams recommended to me for more sensible reasons

Yeah just a normal creep with too good a memory. I remember where tons of posters are from, even I find it weird. I guess it makes sense here where people talk about going to games in various cities but I don't know why it sticks in my head in CineD too. I'm not stalking you specifically

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

dokmo posted:

I actually thought it was a fake Twitter post or something. I've never even heard this guy's name uttered in any context and he re-signed with the Suns?

But yeah I also don't think I watched the Suns last year at all so that probably explains it.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Is Luke Kennard invited? Wanna know who was the cutoff.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
If Rubio can make Luke Ridnour, Derrick Williams, and Lou Amundson a fun team to watch. He'll make Utah fun too.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Lockback posted:

If Rubio can make Luke Ridnour, Derrick Williams, and Lou Amundson a fun team to watch. He'll make Utah fun too.

he didn't

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

What Rubio will do to MVs coal-like heart:

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

R.D. Mangles posted:

If you rooted for the Bulls during the Jordan years, you need to root for them through the Cameron Payne era, come join the SAS Bulls fans and angrily rant at the front office which has an angry bald coach-choker and what appears to be a weird iguana man, a howdy-doody doofus coach who will literally die if he wears a necktie, and a team that currently has a million useless point guards who can't shoot, a bad big whose only skill is bulging out his eyes to defer predators, and a first-ballot hall of fame legend cashing a check who might actually just sit on the bench with a pina colada while Stacey King attempts to scream warnings at players for leaving Lauri Markkanen alone at the three-point line although he probably won't be able to pronounce Markkanen and Neil Funk probably will call him Larry for the entire season.

You should be a Bulls fan for the delicious, often eloquent freude of other Bulls fans' schaden, there's really nothing like it anywhere in the NBA. Maybe it's because of Jordan and the monkey's paw, will we ever know for sure?

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Donovan Mitchell!. This kid has more hops than an IPA, more bounce than a load of laundry, and a third thing. #45 in the clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7Q_5os0GLw

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Weird Yogi is going but no mention of DSJ.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spacebump posted:

Yea maybe they just forgot to mention him, I can't imagine him not getting an invite

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spacebump posted:

It's for winners only

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Melo thing needs to hurry up and either happen or not happen

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

dokmo posted:

Donovan Mitchell!. This kid has more hops than an IPA, more bounce than a load of laundry, and a third thing. #45 in the clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7Q_5os0GLw

Hornets Twitter has been in agony over passing on Future Superstar Donovan for the Crippled Monk so this was a nice watch

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

I love that Dokmo is on the Donovan Mitchell hype train too

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Intruder posted:

The Melo thing needs to hurry up and either happen or not happen

It's going to drag out until February.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Summer league so whatever but yeah he's been super fun and looks way better on offense than I expected him too. Definitely seems worth Trey Lyles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

MourningView posted:

Summer league so whatever but yeah he's been super fun and looks way better on offense than I expected him too. Definitely seems worth Trey Lyles
Denver trading that pick slot away to acquire two lovely power forwards when they now have Jokic, Plumlee, and Millsap is an all time late lottery blunder

• Locked thread