Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
I'm nearing the end of season 1. Iris is a shrieking and annoying mess. Does that ivory tower bitching stop eventually?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Combat Pretzel posted:

I'm nearing the end of season 1. Iris is a shrieking and annoying mess. Does that ivory tower bitching stop eventually?

ehnnnnnnnnnnn

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Guy A. Person posted:

They haven't killed too many of them actually, the main ones have always been Cold, Heatwave, Boomerang, Trickster, Mirror Master, Grodd, Reverse Flash, Pied Piper, Weather Wizard, all of whom are still kicking around in some capacity.

Huh, yeah I guess most of the main rogues are still around but half of them are either on a different show or a giant CGI gorilla. Pied Piper's a good guy now & Trickster is Hamill so that leaves Mirror Master & Weather Wizard, who was technically killed but I guess the new one is around.

I really wish they did a better job with Mirror Master, he coulda been a Cold-style villain with some fun multi-episode arcs per season or even a season-bad if they wanted to. They could absolutely turn him into something cool but I was fairly underwhelmed with how he was handled in the show.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I think Julian being part of the team is basically confirmation that Pied Piper is never coming back. I think there was even a throwaway line that could be interpreted that way this past season.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Combat Pretzel posted:

have you tried not despising women

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Combat Pretzel posted:

Lmao this loving post

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

She was being overly dramatic about this being outside the secret circle thing. Annoyingly so.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

DoctorWhat posted:

have you tried not despising women

Here we go again.
It's perfectly possible to not like a character on a TV show and not be a woman hating psychopath.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Well, it got resolved in the finale. Had the feeling they might keep it going for a while into the next season for story reasons, because it got a notch too hammy.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Combat Pretzel posted:

She was being overly dramatic about this being outside the secret circle thing. Annoyingly so.
The Flash will do this constantly, forever, with every single character. Everyone on the show is an insecure pathological liar.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also, Iris is constantly being lied to and manipulated by the most important people in her life, so I think she gets a pass if she's on edge about it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr Beens posted:

Here we go again.
It's perfectly possible to not like a character on a TV show and not be a woman hating psychopath.

I didn't like two child actors in the new Spider-Man film so now I'm a racist.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Do y'all need a safe space from being called racist/sexist?

Cause it ain't loving here

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Guy A. Person posted:

Do y'all need a safe space from being called racist/sexist?

Cause it ain't loving here

Why do you always do this? There's a whole racism subforum for you to shitpost in now.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Ojjeorago posted:

Why do you always do this? There's a whole racism subforum for you to shitpost in now.

lol are you serious?

EDIT: this convo is so ridiculous I can't tell who is serious posting or not; for the record my post was largely tongue in cheek but feel free to consider it serious if this was legitimately becoming the "I was called racist/sexist for a stupid reason" story hour. I doubt Rhyno at least was actually doing that tho so

Guy A. Person fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jul 9, 2017

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Why is this thread (like Iris) getting their panties in a bunch???

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Guy A. Person posted:

lol are you serious?

EDIT: this convo is so ridiculous I can't tell who is serious posting or not; for the record my post was largely tongue in cheek but feel free to consider it serious if this was legitimately becoming the "I was called racist/sexist for a stupid reason" story hour. I doubt Rhyno at least was actually doing that tho so

Someone tried to imply that I was racist for disliking to non white actors just yesterday in BSS. But they are dumb.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Someone tried to imply that I was racist for disliking to non white actors just yesterday in BSS. But they are dumb.

If it was the actor who was not-Ganke I will fight you but otherwise that's fine. I hope you didn't take my joke about needing a safe space personally

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Ojjeorago posted:

That's for talking about things that aren't always covered in African-American studies, Feminism etc 101.

Elsewhere it's still cool for someone to call you out if you start dogwhistling all over the place.

Like lmao how is Iris in any way ivory Tower? She had a single working class dad and is one of the only people (Joe; Wally's still studying engineering) in the main cast without 2 phds.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Guy A. Person posted:

If it was the actor who was not-Ganke I will fight you but otherwise that's fine. I hope you didn't take my joke about needing a safe space personally

No I didn't but bro Ned was the worst.

You can keep up with my poo poo-posting on the subject in the BSS Movie thread.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Personally I'd be happier if Iris just turned into a chef next season. Really getting back there and making the kitchen work. Barry needs a lot of food, it's canon!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Appearntly they killed off Thawne in the other show. So that is a huge waste.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

MonsterEnvy posted:

Bro, let me tell you about the Speed Force...

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah, and they also broke time. So, who knows?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

MonsterEnvy posted:

It's called time travel. There's a version of Thawne who has yet to meet Flash for the first time and go insane from the revelation that he's the bad guy.

That episode will be great!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I bet the Speed Force has a couple more Thawne copies in eternal prisons or just lounging on a beach made of speed force or something. I wouldn't worry about not seeing him for more than a season, if that.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Matt Letscher is great in the role, I can't see him being gone for long.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Eobard also died at the end of Flash Season 1 and look how that turned out.

I'm sure they'll bring him back again for a cameo or two. He's still by far one of the best villains they have period. Plus Eobard is one of those characters who has a habit of being killed off and coming back to life very frequently in the comics. It's just his shtick now.

Arrow Season 6 spoilers in the bar: And if they can even find a way to bring Deathstroke back as a recurring villain, anything is possible.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

lotus circle posted:

Eobard also died at the end of Flash Season 1 and look how that turned out.

I'm sure they'll bring him back again for a cameo or two. He's still by far one of the best villains they have period. Plus Eobard is one of those characters who has a habit of being killed off and coming back to life very frequently in the comics. It's just his shtick now.

Arrow Season 6 spoilers in the bar: And if they can even find a way to bring Deathstroke back as a recurring villain, anything is possible.

They never said slade was going to be a villain, just that he'd show up a few times. After the end of last season I'm really hoping they don't turn him back into a villain.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The Lord Bude posted:

They never said slade was going to be a villain, just that he'd show up a few times. After the end of last season I'm really hoping they don't turn him back into a villain.

This is literally no way he becomes a villain. His redemption arc took all of 10 minutes and I can't see any reason they could come up with the make him a bad guy again.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
We never got to see Earth 2 (or any other) Eobard Thawne(s).

I realise that there's no prospect of it ever happening but he'd make a really fun villain if Supergirl goes to the future and meets the Legion of Superheroes next season. :D

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wheat Loaf posted:

We never got to see Earth 2 (or any other) Eobard Thawne(s).

I realise that there's no prospect of it ever happening but he'd make a really fun villain if Supergirl goes to the future and meets the Legion of Superheroes next season. :D
Unlike Barry Allen, Thawne is smart enough not to just cross universes willy-nilly.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

No Butt Stuff posted:

This is literally no way he becomes a villain. His redemption arc took all of 10 minutes and I can't see any reason they could come up with the make him a bad guy again.

The only way is if Ollie is trying to hide or otherwise separate Deathstroke from his son for whatever reason.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I like to believe that Thawne made all the same mistakes Barry did which is why he has so many answers but instead of feeling bad and trying to make right with it like Barry or losing his poo poo and going crazy like Savitar he just went with it and decided to be a hilariously smug douchebag villain.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

What did he ever do that was villainous? Huh?!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Koalas March posted:

That's for talking about things that aren't always covered in African-American studies, Feminism etc 101.

Elsewhere it's still cool for someone to call you out if you start dogwhistling all over the place.

Like lmao how is Iris in any way ivory Tower? She had a single working class dad and is one of the only people (Joe; Wally's still studying engineering) in the main cast without 2 phds.

That's a pretty nice house for a single working class dad

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

That's a pretty nice house for a single working class dad

Too nice apartments/houses have been a thing in TV shows since longer than ever. The Friends' apartment(s) are basically luxury condos in the most expensive city in America.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Invalid Validation posted:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Invalid Validation posted:

Stabbed a lot of people in the chest with his vibro hand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

No Butt Stuff posted:

ehhh, I hope he's just a neutral party where sometimes he's working against the team doing a job, but if poo poo goes too sideways he'll help out.

• Locked thread