Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Mazed posted:

I don't really care what's best, because Warrior has always been my thing and we're gonna stay buddies even through the bad times.

The entire WAR quest this time was a happy bit of Hildibrand-y hijinks. Here's hoping actual Hildibrand is better this time around.

:black101: :respek: :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

Also:

Do CUL entirely through collectables, to save leves for other crafts. It's the only craft where doing so is truly cost effective so you might as well.

CUL is cheap.

For 60-70 both CRP ad GSM have some pretty cheap options in the

Mudhorn fishing rod/larch accessories

and

the jewlery that only takeskopranickel ingots and bars

Respectively, if you want to save leves

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Baph why are you punching that poor leveling au ra in the face

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Brainamp posted:

The Shisui set isn't awful, but the only way it could more obviously lingerie is if the chest piece was a teddy.

I'm actually kind of impressed that the Shisui striking set is basically a fetish cheerleader outfit and is still somehow the least visually interesting gear from that dungeon. Also the wristbands (the arms are literally just wristbands) still block visibility of rings which is... strange.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

:raise:

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

Farg posted:

is there a consensus on the proper war rotation? also, levelling crafters

The most important thing about War rotations IMO is properly making the most out of Infuriate's passive CD reduction.

So, for example, in the Inner Release, Berserk window, I do this.

Heavy Swing prep, Release+Berserk,
Cleave, Upheaval, Infuriate,
Cleave, Maim, Storm's Path
Cleave x4

This is assuming Infuriate is off CD when you start. But doing it this way means you're losing out on one CD reduction because the first Cleave won't be reducing Infuriate's CD.

So what this really means is that as long as Infuriate is at 35 seconds or less before you start your Inner Release/Berserk moment, you can stand to gain the extra 5 second CD reduction. I have no idea how this really plays out on a dummy, but in my experience in Susano, this means you can essentially Infuriate on CD and still have it ready for 6x Cleave phases and get the full 6x reduction on Infuriate.

The one other thing is that Upheaval is insane in Defiance because it's kind of broken right now. It benefits from the health bonus of Defiance, ignores the damage penalty of Defiance, gains an additional 20% damage out of nowhere while in Defiance AND gets boosted by Unchained for no reason allowing you to get like 16k crits (with Thrill) off of a move that only has 300 listed potency.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
For how disproportionately easy gatherer yellow scrips are, crafter yellow scrips are disproportionately a slog.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Harrow posted:

I wonder to what degree Summoner's issues can be blamed on sharing a base class with Scholar.

Absolutely none. They can and have split skills between the two classes (see: summon 1 and 2), they just don't want to because they're dumb.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

It's a reference to "don't want to get out of bed because tonight, scary poo poo is going on". Halloween/fear of the dark, really.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Hooray! I'm doing raids at the same time that they're relevant! I'm getting tokens for equipment that's truly top of the line! :haw:

This token system sucks!! :argh:

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Truga posted:

It's a reference to "don't want to get out of bed because tonight, scary poo poo is going on". Halloween/fear of the dark, really.

I figured that, it's just a weirdly childish name for a song considering the grandiose atmosphere that they usually go for.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

FisheyStix posted:

Hooray! I'm doing raids at the same time that they're relevant! I'm getting tokens for equipment that's truly top of the line! :haw:

This token system sucks!! :argh:

The actual raid tiers don't have that token system and even guarantee you loot after 4-8 kills, fwiw.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

So after having zero issues playing for months my launcher has just shown up totally black when i open it. Havent had much luck finding a solution online.

That is all im getting at the moment

Im on windows 10 and nothing else is behaving differently

Ashtarath fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jul 10, 2017

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Ashtarath posted:

So after having zero issues playing for months my launcher has just shown up totally black when i open it. Havent had much luck finding a solution online.

That is all im getting at the moment

Try this-

Go to: My documents > My games > FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn
Open the FFXIV_BOOT.cfg file with something like Notepad.
Change the number next to B4EulaAgreement from 0 to 1. (Note: CAREFUL there is another line there that is "EulaAgreement" -- you need the "B4EulaAgreement" one!)
Save.
Restart the client.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

Samael posted:

Try this-

Go to: My documents > My games > FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn
Open the FFXIV_BOOT.cfg file with something like Notepad.
Change the number next to B4EulaAgreement from 0 to 1. (Note: CAREFUL there is another line there that is "EulaAgreement" -- you need the "B4EulaAgreement" one!)
Save.
Restart the client.

You are a wizard, thanks for the help its working no problem now.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

A goon playing a catgirl in the shisui set.

Shocking.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Brainamp posted:

The Shisui set isn't awful, but the only way it could more obviously lingerie is if the chest piece was a teddy.

Lotts weird non-roe things that pop up throughout the video.

Also the 60 SAM quest is pretty funny if you turn your weapon off.

Looks like something out of warframe

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
I want a full susano gear set, the weapon is badass. Also, got my first three clears of susano ex yesterday! Turns out when I'm not using all my dualcasts to rez people we do a lot more damage!

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:

Jinh posted:

I want a full susano gear set, the weapon is badass. Also, got my first three clears of susano ex yesterday! Turns out when I'm not using all my dualcasts to rez people we do a lot more damage!

You might like how Omega gear looks with the Susie weapons.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
[9:09](Silver Goldmoon) Twin adders suck in general this aint even my alliance
[9:09](Silver Goldmoon) I'm supposed to be flame
[9:10]A party member has been dismissed.

note to afkers: do not actively antagonize your team if you want your exp

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

hobbesmaster posted:

A goon playing a catgirl in the shisui set.

Shocking.

should be a roegadyn

make believe I posted my glamor in here I'm at work so I don't have it

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Me in 3.0: "Well Dark Knight is really complicated looking and I'm not all that great, so I'll play Paladin."

Me in 4.0: "Well, Paladin was kinda boring so I guess it's time to learn how to play the super complicated Dark Knight! This will be fun."

:negative:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Minrad posted:

[9:09](Silver Goldmoon) Twin adders suck in general this aint even my alliance
[9:09](Silver Goldmoon) I'm supposed to be flame
[9:10]A party member has been dismissed.

note to afkers: do not actively antagonize your team if you want your exp

They're not wrong. Twin Adders is the lamest GC. It's the GC for the lame forest people, with a lame leader and also, what kind of name is that? Twin Adders? Oh man, TWO snakes!

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Oxyclean posted:

They're not wrong. Twin Adders is the lamest GC. It's the GC for the lame forest people, with a lame leader and also, what kind of name is that? Twin Adders? Oh man, TWO snakes!

Actually, Twin Adders Conquer

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

I wanted to be in twin adders but stormlady is too good a title to pass.

Shy fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jul 10, 2017

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Sekiseigumi for life
:japan:

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

We're the Twin Adders, that's us, and we rule

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
I want to join Ishgard but Aymeric won't let me. It's so sad.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Twin Adders are cool because they're in the bard quests, which are good.

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013
Flames are the best because it's a shorter walk from the teleport, although I hear they're super bad at frontlines if you're on Primal.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

I've been placed in every faction in frontlines, and let me tell you, each one is super bad when I'm in it.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

dogsicle posted:

Twin Adders are cool because they're in the bard quests, which are good.

I have to believe this is sarcastic because no one could possibly hold any part of this opinion genuinely.

Unless the new bard quests are good, haven't done SB's yet. So far all the SB class quests are good, so it must be possible.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I have to believe this is sarcastic because no one could possibly hold any part of this opinion genuinely.

Unless the new bard quests are good, haven't done SB's yet. So far all the SB class quests are good, so it must be possible.

HW are the strongest of them. But I guess if you somehow don't like Guydelot, Sanson, and moogles then I can see those falling flat. The SB quests were interesting to me lore-wise (I haven't read the lorebook fwiw) and gave me more time with my boys Guydelot and Sanson, the main things I enjoyed in HW.

e: :3: source

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jul 10, 2017

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Shy posted:

I've been placed in every faction in frontlines, and let me tell you, each one is super bad when I'm in it.

This but unironically. The only conclusion I can draw is that I'm so incredibly awful, I single-handedly pull the entire alliance down into the mud.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

There's basically no difference between GCs since they added freelancing, and especially since they made freelancing on by default. Like a year ago sure you could make an argument but nah not anymore.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I originally joined the twin adder because I like trees and poo poo but I might switch to maelstrom because I like the colors more which is very important

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

The most important differences between the factions is fashion, and really only the Adders suck there. Flames get a badass helmet and the storm gets a bunch of neat coats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pryce
May 21, 2011
So if FFXIV is the first and only real FF game I've played (did a little of XV), is it a good gateway drug to trying something like the XII release this week? I used to say "I don't like JRPGs" but I'm starting to think I just wasn't playing good ones, and XII seems like it could be a good 'next step'.