Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Khablam posted:

- kvyat to Ukrainian border patrol

Silly season predictions.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/kvyat-new-toro-rosso-contract-928978/

It really is silly season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

Sounds like a real dick.

I think you deserve a 6-er for this weak rear end Rivals.com pun.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
RBR cheapening on his drivers. SAD!

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Gasly must suck because Kvyat is garbo.

Pascal has more points this year than Kvyat.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Gasly is the only driver in their pipeline even remotely F1 ready. They must be losing one of their other drivers and want to lock things down.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

1500quidporsche posted:

Gasly is the only driver in their pipeline even remotely F1 ready. They must be losing one of their other drivers and want to lock things down.

vERSTAPPEN to Ferrari

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

DoctorGonzo posted:

vERSTAPPEN to Ferrari

Max "The Boss" Verstappen and Seb "HE CHEATED!" Vettel in the same team?? Wonderful.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

The pressure from Russia must be immense... no-one likes him, no-one rates him. They have a perfect opportunity to get rid of thim and they don't? Putin must have threatened to nuke them.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Kvyat also has more points than Alonso.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

iospace posted:

Kvyat also has more points than Alonso.

this is triggerin, MODS?!?!?!!?!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Sorry about your keyboard poorman's Hefe.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

DoctorGonzo posted:

this is triggerin, MODS?!?!?!!?!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I mean, we could always say Indy points count, in which case he's beating a whole bunch of people.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

iospace posted:

I mean, we could always say Indy points count, in which case he's beating a whole bunch of people.

We could also include every person on the planet in the calculations, in which case he's in the top 0.1% of the points standings.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Kvyat is loving garbage and I had forgotten all about him until he crashed out Nando (which I learned by watching highlights because I luckily missed this boring shitpile race) and he shouldn't be allowed to drive a 3-wheeled shopping cart.

e: Good for Bottas though.

CratSock fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jul 10, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CratSock posted:

Kvyat is loving garbage and I had forgotten all about him until he crashed out Nando (which I learned by watching highlights because I luckily missed this boring shitpile race) and he shouldn't be allowed to drive a 3-wheeled shopping cart.

What about a Reliant Robin that's not modified to flip over?

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Kvyat is Real Bad.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

iospace posted:

What about a Reliant Robin that's not modified to flip over?

Acceptable, if it's rigged to flip and grind his head off along the pavement. :argh:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

He has a 7th and 5th after 3 rounds of Super Formula.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Leave good lad kvyat alone, he had never recovered.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Sky f1 is going to up to £40 a month. Even if I were a millionaire I would :filez: the poo poo out of sky just for being so patently ridiculous.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

NtotheTC posted:

Sky f1 is going to up to £40 a month. Even if I were a millionaire I would :files: the poo poo out of sky just for being so patently ridiculous.

Is this on top of requiring the sports package on top of the basic subscription?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Going back to RBR vs Renault for a bit, I think the problem is this:

Renault has a factory team.
The factory team is getting beaten by privateer team that uses the same engines.
One of the drivers on the privateer team is blowing up your engines and making you look bad.
The other two factory teams are beating the privateers they're supplying
Do what you can to dick over the privateer team before FOM/FIA gets involved.

Tangential: can you imagine the salt from the tifosi if RBR was using Ferrari power last season and beat Ferrari in WCC? :allears:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Human Grand Prix posted:

He has a 7th and 5th after 3 rounds of Super Formula.

Pierre Gasly? More like Pierre NotGood imo

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Pierre Gasly? More like Pierre NotGood imo

Was Ghastly too close to risking 6 hours for you?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

Is this on top of requiring the sports package on top of the basic subscription?
Its in total, £22 basic and £18 for f1 channel

E: ok that's not even funny man. Who did this? You couldn't have put vettel there or something? Andrew loving Benson. Lmbo

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jul 10, 2017

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Tsaedje posted:

Was Ghastly too close to risking 6 hours for you?

Ghastly is by far the obvious choice for a name switch based on performance, so I switched things up by picking a completely different name! The reader expects the obvious response therefore she/he is surprised and delighted to find a curveball instead. Ha ha ha ha ha

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NtotheTC posted:

Sky f1 is going to up to £40 a month. Even if I were a millionaire I would :filez: the poo poo out of sky just for being so patently ridiculous.

lol

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

NtotheTC posted:

To be fair, you should expect to command a premium in the marketplace when you are the exclusive television home of Ted Kravitz

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I think Renault bought into Enstone knowing it would take a long while to bring it up to speed. Outright buying Red Bull would've been a better option but never would've happened since Bernie needed the Enstone outfit to survive.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Ghastly is by far the obvious choice for a name switch based on performance, so I switched things up by picking a completely different name! The reader expects the obvious response therefore she/he is surprised and delighted to find a curveball instead. Ha ha ha ha ha

Fair play, you understand with the general posting quality in this thread it's hard to tell sometimes

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

NtotheTC posted:

E: ok that's not even funny man. Who did this? You couldn't have put vettel there or something? Andrew loving Benson. Lmbo

I presume you still have to pay £54 for the 3 months there's no F1 on?

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Io you cheeky fucker this av is bad enough without making it spead like some Bogan Bacteria

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

NtotheTC posted:

:eyepop: :laffo:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Holy lmbo.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NtotheTC posted:

I wanted to do it earlier but I was at work and his Twitter pic was firewalled.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

These avatar buys are just escalating in savageness.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Dieter Rencken should be next.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I'm legitimately dreading the sight of Christian Horner next to my posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh word? F1 is free here in Germany on RTL (in HD).

• Locked thread