Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

FuturePastNow posted:

I've heard that when Dorn signed on to DS9, he had a contract clause stipulating that they had to make Worf more badass.
Then they snuck in the episode where Worf commits light treason because he hates the beach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

hiddenriverninja posted:

Kelvin Timeline fashion > Prime universe fashion

Here's everyone's occasional reminder that Fashion It So is worth following.

http://sttngfashion.tumblr.com

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

FuturePastNow posted:

I've heard that when Dorn signed on to DS9, he had a contract clause stipulating that they had to make Worf more badass.

I would absolutely demand that were I him. And to be fair, they do a much better job with him in DS9.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Jeb! Repetition posted:

That seems like a weird, non-progressive thing for him to say.

Welcome to Star Trek.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Delsaber posted:

I love that blog so much.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
CBS is astro turfing over on Reddit and I'm disappointed that they don't think we are important enough to pay people to talk up Discovery.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

CBS is astro turfing over on Reddit and I'm disappointed that they don't think we are important enough to pay people to talk up Discovery.

Hahaha, can you give an example of what they're having people say?

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I think the only space shows with worse fashion than Star Trek are in Britain, where high budget meant actually cracking open a can of real film.

If a door closes without the whole set wobbling, it's not proper sci-fi :colbert:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I just saw some guy talking about it on Reddit. But there was some newer user that was making posts about how great Discovery would be and it would talk down anything TNG era related. Someone asked about it and the user deleted their whole account.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
I don't know about you guys but I can't wait to get access to all my favorite CBS shows like MacGuyver and Madame Secretary from CBS's premiere streaming service CBS All Access. Not to mention all exclusive access to Star Trek: Discovery starring Jason Isaacs and Sonequa Martin-Green this coming September 24th, 2017!

vermin fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 10, 2017

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Hahaha gently caress me this is the darkest timeline

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
that reddit thread is a loving reach lol

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Firebert posted:

that reddit thread is a loving reach lol

Clearly a section 31 op

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I can't WAIT to not watch Discovery. Like, as a lame and impotent protest that no one will care about. No premier on TV, no All-Access, no illegal download, just never watch it ever. It is going to feel so good to me to never see it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

The Bloop posted:

Clearly a section 31 op

We have to go inside the agent's mind and find the Discovery pilot hidden in stacks of Big Bang Theory reruns

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I can't WAIT to not watch Discovery. Like, as a lame and impotent protest that no one will care about. No premier on TV, no All-Access, no illegal download, just never watch it ever. It is going to feel so good to me to never see it.

Yeah it owns. In fact, I'm not seeing it right now.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My parents are bigger Trek fans than me so I'm gonna mooch off of their CBS All Access and then get to watch it and get to not give CBS my money

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

My parents are bigger Trek fans than me so I'm gonna mooch off of their CBS All Access and then get to watch it and get to not give CBS my money

Yea my mom got it for The Good Wife so now I can do the same thing.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

CBS is the incarnation of death.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Arglebargle III posted:

:ok:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Arglebargle III posted:

My species was created to sense the coming of CBS.

I sense it now.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'll maybe download that poo poo if people say it's good but lol at anyone willingly paying for CBS let alone for this gong show of a trek.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The great DS9 watch continues with Inquisition. This is DS9 trying to do The Drumhead, right?

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

The_Doctor posted:

The great DS9 watch continues with Inquisition. This is DS9 trying to do The Drumhead, right?

Nope!

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

If you told me five years ago I'd be more excited for a sci-fi series written by and starring Seth MacFarlane than a new Star Trek I would ask you what sanitarium you escaped from.

Tighclops posted:

Hahaha gently caress me this is the darkest timeline

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Thanks for digging up an old post of mine during the first run of Enterprise, and updating it, I guess? :confuoot:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Yeah, it swerved left about half way through thankfully. So this is where the great Section 31 all started, huh?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

The_Doctor posted:

I love that blog so much.

drat you, Cameo! :argh:

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

The_Doctor posted:

You're in for quite the treat, and ignorant even have Garak in it!

e: new thread title " Do you remember when I first offered you scones?"

Trickjaw fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jul 11, 2017

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Delsaber posted:

I'm gonna have to read that when I'm done with the series.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Delsaber posted:

Oh my god, I didn't realize I needed this in my life, but I do.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

For Every Episode Of Discovery You Don't Watch, I'll Watch THREE*

*episodes of Good Trek because lol getting CBS All Access

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I'll bite the bullet and watch Discovery for the thread. Please remember my sacrifice.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I'll bite the bullet and watch Discovery for the thread. Please remember my sacrifice.

My people were biologically determined for one purpose alone, to sense the coming of bad experiences. I sense it coming now.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

My people were biologically determined for one purpose alone, to sense the coming of bad experiences. I sense it coming now.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
I'm going to give Discovery a shot at least, even though there is basically nothing about it that has encouraged me to feel remotely positive about it. Even if it winds up being worse than Enterprise, it's the first tv Trek production in a decade and will be worth a look just for that. But I will not be paying for CBS' crappy ad-having streaming service because are you loving kidding me.

Cojawfee posted:

If nothing else, it was very kind of CBS to furnish us with this meme

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Into the jaws of death rode the Big Mean Jerk....

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I have the most "...ok" feeling possible about Discovery. I'm just like "oh, ok." and probably won't be able to "count" it as actual Star Treks because it isn't on regular TV.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

FuturePastNow posted:

It's weird going back and watching the TNG movies after finishing DS9. Worf suddenly goes from beating up literally every Jem Hadar guard in his prison until he gets to the leader, killing the Klingon Empire's head of government in hand-to-hand combat then going "nah" when offered the job, etc, to uh getting an embarrassing pimple and his big boy hair, getting dumped in the water, getting ordered to strip for Troi's wedding...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

FuturePastNow posted:

I don't know why it took a contract to make a character from a race that literally spends every waking minute trying to be macho as gently caress and fighting to be more warlike.

This sauce is without honor.