Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

This wouldn't even be the biggest overreaction by a public figure on twitter in the past 24 hours, so I didn't even think it was fake. Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
You can tell it's fake because it wasn't tagged #WotCStaff

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

FordCQC posted:

Not as often as I'd like, but as much as I can (only Modern though).

Why do you ask?

The fact that you think there's a middle ground made me think you couldn't possibly be a Magic player.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Attorney at Funk posted:

That would've been a cool art style for the Invocations.

Yeah those would have been awesome. This is the first SDCC promos I would want.

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect

suicidesteve posted:

The fact that you think there's a middle ground made me think you couldn't possibly be a Magic player.

Yeah I'm not a (stereo)typical one for sure, but that was a pretty good joke I'll admit.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Also if you're 31 years old and still obsessed with pro wrestling, that is bad and you should feel bad cause pro wrestling is dumb. /ducks.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

mcmagic posted:

Also if you're 31 years old and still obsessed with pro wrestling, that is bad and you should feel bad cause pro wrestling is dumb. /ducks.

Says a poster in the Magic: The Gathering thread on Something Awful dot com

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

mcmagic posted:

I agree, having hobbies and interests and following sports is clearly all a silly waste of time

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

Star Man posted:

Images of this year's San Diego Comic Con promos are out: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/san-diego-comic-con-2017-planeswalker-pack

It's a polyptych of the Gatewatch illustrated as a mural with Nicol Bolas doing...magic on the wall.

Then there's this image which part of is on the box for the set. It's certainly inspired by printmaking from 19th century book illustration.

As if I wasn't sure already if Gideon was going to get killed by Bolas, these confirmed it.

Get wrekt, son :getin:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

cheetah7071 posted:

Yes true statements are valid anywhere. Pro wrestling afaict hasn't changed in any way since i was 13 in the nineties and in many ways is probably worse.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

If we get resurrected Gideon before we get resurrected Elspeth that would be kinda dumb.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Agreed. Resurrect Venser.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Star Man posted:

Images of this year's San Diego Comic Con promos are out: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/san-diego-comic-con-2017-planeswalker-pack

It's a polyptych of the Gatewatch illustrated as a mural with Nicol Bolas doing...magic on the wall.

Then there's this image which part of is on the box for the set. It's certainly inspired by printmaking from 19th century book illustration.

gently caress I might have to poopsock for these when they go on sale on Hasbro's site.

Edit: Okay maybe not poopsock but put an effort to try and get these.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Also I was destroyed by Jackie Lee spellslinginga ug 2/2 exerts, 3/3 for 3 beaters, and infinite unsummons tempo deck. She seemed at a good place at wotc these days, which is great.

we were at the same prere >_>

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Elyv posted:

I agree, having hobbies and interests and following sports is clearly all a silly waste of time

pro wrasslin is not a sport, its a soap opera, and i love it dearly

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

mandatory lesbian posted:

pro wrasslin is not a sport, its a soap opera, and i love it dearly

Oh, my mistake

replace "sports" with "TV" in my previous post

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Yes true statements are valid anywhere. Pro wrestling afaict hasn't changed in any way since i was 13 in the nineties and in many ways is probably worse.

Insulting hobbies that thirteen year olds had in the nineties feels extremely ironic in the magic thread

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Pro wrestling afaict hasn't changed in any way since i was 13 in the nineties and in many ways is probably worse.

cheetah7071 posted:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Is Elsepth dead? She always had the best walker cards

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

DariusLikewise posted:

Is Elsepth dead? She always had the best walker cards

She's only mostly dead.

She died on Theros, but that just means she's hanging out in the underworld. My money is on her coming back as a B/W planeswalker to replace our ol' pal Sorin.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
She is extremely dead*.

*On a plane where people are merely shunted to a different part of the plane and have their memories wiped when they die.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse

mcmagic posted:

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

This is a Magic: the Gathering thread we don't need Super Mario 64 screenshots in here thanks

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
if you see a prototypical magic player while they're half naked and sweaty in an arena, you should call the police, not give your money to vince mcmahon

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Elyv posted:

Wrestling isn't a sport.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

suicidesteve posted:

This is a Magic: the Gathering thread we don't need Super Mario 64 screenshots in here thanks

He's qpu-misaligned. Tried to clip through tradgames and missed a quarter-step.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Holy poo poo this post rules.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Attorney at Funk posted:

That would've been a cool art style for the Invocations.

kinda bland

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

I'd want different, less-lovely frames too.

Carl Killer Miller
Apr 28, 2007

This is the way that it all falls.
This is how I feel,
This is what I need:

Star Man posted:

I used to live near an ancient Egypt themed miniature golf course and these look like what you'd find scattered around the holes.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

They'd look a lot better if they didn't tilt them for no reason.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Carl Killer Miller posted:

I used to live near an ancient Egypt themed miniature golf course and these look like what you'd find scattered around the holes.

Still much better than the evocations. They should've been this art style in a less garish frame similar to what most people said originally.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Lottery of Babylon posted:

They'd look a lot better if they didn't tilt them for no reason.

They follow the wall Bolas is writing on and it adds to the coolness imo.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!
I mean...if Cedric wants to take a shot at pro wrestling - best of luck to him. DDP got started in this 30s and that worked out well enough for him, though I still feel like someone needs to sit down Cedric and make him watch Beyond the Mat and The Wrestler, just to make sure he understands what he's getting into.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
I uh, I typed a lot of words in the Pauper thread. In my defence, this was really fun:

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Jenx posted:

I mean...if Cedric wants to take a shot at pro wrestling - best of luck to him. DDP got started in this 30s and that worked out well enough for him, though I still feel like someone needs to sit down Cedric and make him watch Beyond the Mat and The Wrestler, just to make sure he understands what he's getting into.

DDP was also wife-swapping with the guy who ran the company. Good luck to Cedric in all his future endeavours.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Still better than what we got.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Hopefully SCG will attempt to throw Ced's $100k salary to Patrick Sullivan (who won't take it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Jenx posted:

There's a zero percent chance he hasn't watched both of those numerous times.