Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Since I'm a cute newbie to the story, I'll say that I just finished fighting beaumont at the end of DotEN tier 21 and it was awesome. The next zone with the dream sounds like it's setting me up for something cool. I heard that we have some choice that doesn't matter until Tokyo and then it's a big deal, and I assume it's the gift. I hope I chose wisely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
If you even knew there was a choice you're apparently above a lot of people.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Hahahahaha "big deal" meaning the color of your cool wings.

Mine are black like the night.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Len posted:

Thanks for the spoiler, uguu :smith:

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

If you even knew there was a choice you're apparently above a lot of people.

I was doing it with the GF and she somehow failed to notice the choice even though I told her there was one and she was prompted to yes/no. She thought there was a choice inside the box.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Len posted:

It's not "just" the color.

Blue wings are objectively worse since you cannot instantly smite stealth section enemies with them.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I honestly never looked up what does what. I just remember an angel sounding all menacing and then giving me a fantastic rear end charge ability for siding with evil

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

I try not to think too hard about things such as the practical implications of the different wing effects. That way, madness lies...

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The eyebrow bug from the original beta is still in. Amazing.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

SplitSoul posted:

The eyebrow bug from the original beta is still in. Amazing.

The final boss in Darkness War can still spit out invisible Filth.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

You still can have the weapon in your hand display on your back.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

The same random few enemies around the game are still bugged and instantly tether.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

[insert unfixed bug from 2012 reported a million times here]

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

PSA: Failcom is a filtered word but Failcompetence is not. Joel "Failcompetence" Bylos the Templar is now a thing.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Len posted:

PSA: Failcom is a filtered word but Failcompetence is not. Joel "Failcompetence" Bylos the Templar is now a thing.

I think Killson was Ragnar "Swedishchef" Tornquist and they got him back in the Dev PVP fights. If they still do that kind of thing then you want to keep that in mind.

In Joel's defense this fuckup has nothing to do with him for the first time.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Drinkfist posted:

I think Killson was Ragnar "Swedishchef" Tornquist and they got him back in the Dev PVP fights. If they still do that kind of thing then you want to keep that in mind.

In Joel's defense this fuckup has nothing to do with him for the first time.

Yeah but Joel was the only funcom employee whose name I could think of at the time. I'm definitely keeping Failcompetence though. That poo poo is on lock for if I ever decide I hate myself to level an alt.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Richard M Nixon posted:

To Drinkfist, with love:

It's not mine

On this topic I think Funcom might have a business plan that works this time around. Predatory or not.

Some people are already in full purples and complaining about how long their legendary pixels are taking to level with greens instead of those XP booster things from the boxes.

There is a bright future for Agarthan caches. :v:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Len posted:

:same:
Anyone who didn't accept all the gifts was a chump.

The dreaming ones just want to give you nice things. They're great. Why don't you all trust the dreaming ones?

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Well, I finally figured out what was up with the Black Sun Red Sand storyline. It looks like they streamlined in a few formerly on their own quests so the tier 6 part I'm on was formerly the From Carthage to Cairo quest. At least now I have an idea with the detector pattern which was what I was hoping to find somewhere.

M_Sinistrari fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jul 11, 2017

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
It's incredibly easy to get to purples, I wear mostly those now and I swapped out poo poo at various points. Honestly having lifetime helps, those extra free things do help a lot.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Oh FFS

I just finished that quest last night (like almost an hour later than it should have been) and i didnt even know there was a choice.......

I visited each of the corners then went to the box...

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Len posted:

I know I made at least one wrong choice by accident in TSW. Are these all documented anywhere? :ohdear:

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

DancingShade posted:

:same:
Anyone who didn't accept all the gifts was a chump.

The dreaming ones just want to give you nice things. They're great. Why don't you all trust the dreaming ones?

Mainly because other dreamy dudes that you meet look like hideous monstrocities? :D

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

prefect posted:

I know I made at least one wrong choice by accident in TSW. Are these all documented anywhere? :ohdear:
Yeah, there's documentation around if you want more detail. The gist: all "good", all "bad", or a mix of choices gets you different colored wings with slightly differing effects later. First choice is accept the gift (bad) or jump off the cliff (good). Second choice is kneel before the guardian (bad) or attack it (good). Third choice is free the dreamers from their prison (bad) or maintain it (good). Each of these choices comes after you finish a story region (New England, Egypt, Transylvania).

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I never got it. Did everyone just not pay attention to the npc running off into the distance past the box? Because that's literally the direction on what to do

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Sekenr posted:

Mainly because other dreamy dudes that you meet look like hideous monstrocities? :D

You say monstrosity, I say ambulatory art.

Atenists are kindergarten art though.

^ Only a crazy person follows a crazy lady off a cliff. The nice friendly booming voice will sort you out.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

The booming voice offers me infinite power AND a dragon. Why would anyone ever tell them no?

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Patch tomorrow morning. What is it? Nobody knows!

If you're posting anything related to the story, maybe add spoiler tags? Hopefully there will be new players coming in to the game and even stuff that seems mundane of unimportant part of the story might be a bit of a spoke for someone. It's not like this game had anything but story going for it, so let's at least make that worthwhile.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Richard M Nixon posted:

If you're posting anything related to the story, maybe add spoiler tags? Hopefully there will be new players coming in to the game and even stuff that seems mundane of unimportant part of the story might be a bit of a spoke for someone. It's not like this game had anything but story going for it, so let's at least make that worthwhile.

Patch for tommorrow is hopefully for Shambala to fix the raid exploit.

Edit: And possibly add paypal as a transaction option

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Richard M Nixon posted:

My bad. I'll go back and edit my posts.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Been doing almost entirely pistols as I play and I'm using the shadow-bound pistols from the ARG. I'm just in Egypt currently but I'm very happy with the revenant buddy effect when using Unload or any other pistol multi-hit. Since it seems to scale right off your combat power the hit it does stays competitive and it's kind of like having an extra ability that just goes off every ~15s by itself. Maybe that will change in the post-endgame type stuff.

These weapons would not be nearly as good in a build using abilities with less hits for larger damage though.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Are the new mechanics/controls console-friendly? Seems like a place they could make some quick bucks.

e: Obviously some of the investigation missions would need reworking or just plain dropping, but other than that.....

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Are the new mechanics/controls console-friendly? Seems like a place they could make some quick bucks.

e: Obviously some of the investigation missions would need reworking or just plain dropping, but other than that.....

Pretty much? It probably wouldn't hit a console though since they never even officially made it Win8+ compatible

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Space Skeleton posted:

Been doing almost entirely pistols as I play and I'm using the shadow-bound pistols from the ARG. I'm just in Egypt currently but I'm very happy with the revenant buddy effect when using Unload or any other pistol multi-hit. Since it seems to scale right off your combat power the hit it does stays competitive and it's kind of like having an extra ability that just goes off every ~15s by itself. Maybe that will change in the post-endgame type stuff.

These weapons would not be nearly as good in a build using abilities with less hits for larger damage though.

They do seem to proc a lot going from what I've seen with my fiance's gunslinger. I'm still on the fence about using one on my current character in case I end up making two more for the other factions. Offhand, anyone have suggestions for what's close to the gunslinger playstyle?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Len posted:

Pretty much? It probably wouldn't hit a console though since they never even officially made it Win8+ compatible

It's mostly just me being :tinfoil: but I could easily see them having done a lot of this relaunch with that in mind.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

DancingShade posted:

You say monstrosity, I say ambulatory art.

^ Only a crazy person follows a crazy lady off a cliff. The nice friendly booming voice will sort you out.

Len posted:

The booming voice offers me infinite power AND a dragon. Why would anyone ever tell them no?

Two corrupted secret worlders right there :cthulhu:

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Nothing wrong with holding out for a better offer

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

DancingShade posted:

I really love my "desert casual dress" shirt, but it's got a great big Atenist symbol on the front, which I don't care for. :saddowns:

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

For those playing Chaos/Pistols and Hammer/Blade, how are those working out? So far my gunslinger's a dynamo for most content being a tanky dps, so how do those two perform in comparison?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Len posted:

Because I like not getting stung when walking around Agartha and not having the loving nanomachines inside me melt me for going rogue/being infected. Oh yeah and not having tentacles blast out of my orifices while muttering absolute madness and hanging around in black pools of poo poo.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jul 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Drinkfist posted:

Oh yeah and not having tentacles blast out of my orifices while muttering absolute madness and hanging around in black pools of poo poo.

There's some people who'd pay good money for that.