Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The more I read about Trump's family - and the Kochs too, from that article someone posted earlier - it's like something that was written for a Mirror Universe episode of Star Trek. All the backstabbing and lack of loyalty to your own family members. I just can't relate to that, but I'm grateful for it in this case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

https://twitter.com/mckaycoppins/status/884588373435977728

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
I mean, we knew Don Jr. was a loving imbecile before this, but lol.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

awesmoe posted:

so listen
you've got 4 years of trump. there is some chance that he'll be impeached but dont hold your breath. Follow these stories (or dont) because they're true and important, not because they'll make trump suddenly not be president.

they're also very funny

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Refresh my memory... Was it given to Hillary by someone working in behalf of a foriegn govt?

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Oh my god

Checking the replies he's really diving into this defense, Glenn's brain is irreparably broke

aware of dog fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jul 11, 2017

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Ague Proof posted:

they're also very funny
yeah this is less house of cards and more arrested development

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Barron is the leaker.

Barron steps off Air Force One with a fidget spinner. What is he spinning?

Secrets

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Teddybear posted:

How many times is he gonna have to revise his statement now? This is round four?
Choose your own confession adventure!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Wait so the guy who posted a picture of himself with a giant RUSSIA T-shirt is actually a Kremlin proxy? Who could have guessed?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Okay just to get clear of what has occured.

Donald Trump Jr. met with a Russian lawyer after being warned of a conspiracy of the Russians to affect the election then the Russians released oppo on Hillary? Am I reading this right?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

You can always trust Glenn Greenwald to respond to any bad news for Trump with "but Hillary!" then claim to be impartial.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

KickerOfMice posted:

Just a pause in my opinion. I really think that Trump sr. genuinely believes he has not done anything wrong, and the media are liars who only want to destroy him and his family because they are jealous.

Oh I'm sure Trump Sr. believe this is an unfair witch hunt, but the magnitude of this gently caress up is such that Trump is actually thinking before saying something about it. Or more likely his lawyers have managed him to not say anything for the time being. Either is a remarkable shift from his usual habit of screaming about something the moment he hears about it.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

the memo was produced by fusion gps. fusion gps is an american consulting firm that was hired by republican and democratic donors whose products were later circulated around political and media circles.

fusion gps is not a foreign government. as far as we know, the dossier was not compiled under the direct orders of the clinton campaign.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jul 11, 2017

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Xae posted:

Guise, have you stopped to consider that this is all just red baiting and russophobia???

Thanks for the hot cspam take

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Hollismason posted:

Okay just to get clear of what has occured.

Donald Trump Jr. met with a Russian lawyer after being warned of a conspiracy of the Russians to affect the election then the Russians released oppo on Hillary? Am I reading this right?

no he wasn't warned

he was offered

and he showed up

then things started happening

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Waiting for this to pop up in the russia thread as a talking point.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Your Taint posted:

Busted in a car with a prostitute, I think.

Estella Marie Thompson, also known as Divine Brown.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Baron is the autistic genius hacker in Mr robot

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Jesus Christ these lawyers are dumb

https://twitter.com/hashtaggriswold/status/884592508088578049

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
I would like it to be said that I never not for one moment doubted the Piss Tape.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

namaste faggots posted:

Baron is the autistic genius hacker in Mr robot

Given the plot twists in that show that raises a LOT of questions.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Harrow posted:

You can always trust Glenn Greenwald to respond to any bad news for Trump with "but Hillary!" then claim to be impartial.
In fairness to Greenwald those previous comments were before this revelation. I will be interested to see if he thinks this is anything or not. Probably not, since so far he has been very negative on the Russia stuff.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
With all eyes currently on Trump Jr:

https://twitter.com/BCAppelbaum/status/884593341987475456

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

How much are these lawyers getting paid?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

The more I read about Trump's family - and the Kochs too, from that article someone posted earlier - it's like something that was written for a Mirror Universe episode of Star Trek. All the backstabbing and lack of loyalty to your own family members. I just can't relate to that, but I'm grateful for it in this case.

A lot of rich families are that way. It is sort of like office politics but instead of setting up that smug jerk in accounting to take the fall you work to get your sister in law disinherited.

Also for many Greed becomes a hobby.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Despera posted:

They work for the Trump family, they're not

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Despera posted:

How much are promises worth?

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

QuoProQuid posted:

the memo was produced by fusion gps. fusion gps is an american consulting firm that was hired by republican and democratic donors whose products were later circulated around political and media circles.

fusion gps is not a foreign government. as far as we know, the dossier was not compiled under the direct orders of the clinton campaign.

And they didn't have to violate the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act to get the information.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Plausible deniability doesn't extend to your eldest son and your son in law who is basically running the country

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Where's that poster who kept writing A Song of Ice and Fire x Donald Trump screeds in the election thread?

He's needed here.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i would love to hear the "greenwald isn't a russian apologist you're just misinterpreting him" explanation for this one

it's starting to rival don jr. in plausibility :v:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

They work for the Trump family, they're not

No good lawyer would work for a Trump and not demand payment in advance.

*looks at quality of statements from Trump lawyers*

Oh. Oh dear.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Next tweet is going to be "Donald Trump Jr? Never heard of this guy!"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Despera posted:

Next tweet is going to be "Donald Trump Jr? Never heard of this guy!"

he was briefly affiliated with the campaign

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

https://y.yarn.co/5cac2a0e-103d-489a-8199-f363c612809f.mp4?1499739113147

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

Despera posted:

remember all the stories about how no one wanted to take on trump as a candidate because he doesn't listen and doesn't pay you?

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

evilweasel posted:

i would love to hear the "greenwald isn't a russian apologist you're just misinterpreting him" explanation for this one

it's starting to rival don jr. in plausibility :v:

Seriously, everyone should read the tweet threads.

He is full blown apologist at this point.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
I love how NYT is just drip drip drippng this story out in direct contrast to how Trump and co. respond to it.

NYT: "Check out this story about Trump Jr."

Jr: "It was nothing, woman wanted to talk about russians babies."

NYT: "...And Clinton info."

Jr. "Well yeah, but she tricked me!"

NYT: "You got the goddamn email telling you want it was about!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Only if he deletes them! Boy that would be fun :allears:

There were articles last year about how Donald Trump deleted emails related to an investigation. I'll give you one guess at how much the media and everyone else cared.

:holymoley:

• Locked thread