Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Shangri-Law School posted:

Stop talking about DbD, you broken fucks. :mad:

I'm gonna throw out the probably unpopular opinion that

If we're allowing the non-political Zelda comics (that is to say, the individual strips that don't cover social/political issues), then we should allow any DbD as long as the comic in question actually IS political.

Edit:
New page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

This.

the_steve posted:

If we're allowing the non-political Zelda comics (that is to say, the individual strips that don't cover social/political issues), then we should allow any DbD as long as the comic in question actually IS political.

Edit:
New page

No.

Edit:

and yeah PA's budget is hosed.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

the_steve posted:

DBD is banned for depicting marital anal rape as a valid thing for your wife being a liberal

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Drunk Duck still bangs on about Chappaquiddick from time to time. Any/every faux pas Obama ever committed or they dream up to accuse him of committing will be showing up in politoons for decades at least.

Remember when Obama wore a tan suit? What a scandal!

Perestroika posted:

Branco's also done some "proper" paintings. I perhaps wouldn't got quite so far as to call them "good", but they're certainly on a level above his regular garbage style.

Actually, that's the one I was thinking of. I seem to have mixed up my right wing shitheads once again.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
good on John Muir for liking Outties over innies.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YInfr0hm4A

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Jurgan posted:

Remember when Obama wore a tan suit? What a scandal!

I don't remember if it was this thread or some other that took from that the subtitle "The Audacity of Taupe," but seriously I thought that was brilliant.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Starving Wolf posted:

I ain't afraid of no Johnny Law! you come take me, pigs, you hear? You come take me!

It was the first one

When I was a kid I saw a cartoon version of David Copperfield where the conditions at the villain's factory were so bad that working there had a chance of turning you into a weird mold monster. It was horrifying, because I was about six and unused to body-horror (except that one scene from Pinocchio), and I can't find a proper image of it to post here, but I think it looked kind of like that.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

the_steve posted:

I have a counterargument:

Go gently caress yourself.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

^^ :same:

D.N. Nation posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyajSJs4Ku0

I mean, it's only good in a "kids' cartoon" sense, but it's far more soulful than the doodling he does now.

I knew about that one, I thought there might be other examples. But yeah, at least it's not a cartoony PSA warning kids about the menace of the cross-dressing gays who are pretending to be women or whatever.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Speaking of yesteryear, remember Brett Noel?

Thanks internet, Noel's spanking comics are far easier to find online than his political stuff.

Rebel Blob fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jul 11, 2017

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Rebel Blob posted:

Speaking of yesteryear, remember Brett Noel?

That's Big Show now. Big Show of last decade was no where near that ripped

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Has this been posted? Saw it on r/forwardsfromgrandma

That response has to be fake right?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

I thought that was someone's parody.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Sandpuppy posted:

AGC. Of course, the real headline is "France aiming to stop sales of gasoline/diesel cars by 2040".
:psyduck: Why didn't Payne have them cutting off the front end of the car, which both works better as a guillotine metaphor and is where the engine is?

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

U.T. Raptor posted:

:psyduck: Why didn't Payne have them cutting off the front end of the car, which both works better as a guillotine metaphor and is where the engine is?

"no not my butt" + that's where the tailpipe is (the part you gently caress)

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Because Henry Payne is an aggressively stupid motherfucker

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Payne reacts to pictures of junkyards the way most people react to pictures of the Holocaust.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Aside from the hosed up gorilla arms, who does he think was President on September 10, 2001??? :psyduck:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Panty Saluter posted:

Aside from the hosed up gorilla arms, who does he think was President on September 10, 2001??? :psyduck:

i can almost guarantee the response to this question would be something along the lines of 'I'M NOT CONCERNED ABOUT THE PAST; I WANT TO PLAN FOR THE FUTURE'

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
In his defense I have only the most dim memories of pre-911 W. Something something compassionate conservatism but other than that...

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Also, it should be repeated forever that John Kerry is a DECORATED WAR HERO and George W. Bush hid in the Air National Guard during Vietnam.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Wistful of Dollars posted:

I thought that was someone's parody.

The comic is clearly a parody, I'm just not believing Garrison is self-aware enough to take a dig at himself. Unless you mean the whole thing is the parody?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Samurai Sanders posted:

In his defense I have only the most dim memories of pre-911 W. Something something compassionate conservatism but other than that...
Pre-9/11 I remember that--while he did get his tax cut through (surprise)--his presidency was floundering already, at least in part due to the 2000 election, but also because a lot of his ideas were unpopular and he was a boob.

Thank goodness we took steps to ensure an idiot with fringe ideas can never be elected without winning the popular vote again.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

Pre-9/11 I remember that--while he did get his tax cut through (surprise)--his presidency was floundering already, at least in part due to the 2000 election, but also because a lot of his ideas were unpopular and he was a boob.

Thank goodness we took steps to ensure an idiot with fringe ideas can never be elected without winning the popular vote again.

Yeah, pre-9/11 GWB had just about worn through the grace period (most) presidents get and people were getting salty about tax cuts and the economy. All the 9/11 inside job conspiracy theories come out of this notion that he "needed" the war on terror to get a second term. His sudden surge in popularity after the attacks was indeed weird and creepy, but I attribute that to the same broke-brain boomers with daddy issues that carried Reagan through Iran-Contra.

I think, come 2004, there's even odds the horrible old would have remembered they hated gay people enough to carry him through, war or no.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Shugojin posted:

DBD is banned for depicting marital anal rape as a valid thing for your wife being a liberal

Trump is president now, we live in a cruder and more degenerate society.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Mike Pence lookin' good

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
The highlight of W's pre-9/11 presidency was when he didn't invite Republican senator Jim Jeffords to a Teacher of the Year ceremony at the White House, and Jeffords retaliated by changing parties and giving control of the Senate to the Democrats.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Thanks to the disaster of the 2000 Election, I don't recall George W. Bush having even the standard post-election honeymoon period. It was just straight into "gently caress this guy" mode for a lot of people and things just seemed to be getting worse by the day for him until, perversely, 9/11 where there was an instant reaction of,"Support the President to support the Country/We all have to stand together". Not just domestically but internationally. I recall the decision to invade Afghanistan being mostly approved or at least tolerated as a necessity, both domestically and internationally.

Then of course he invaded Iraq too and we got all that Coalition of the Willing nonsense.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Neodoomium posted:

Also, it should be repeated forever that John Kerry is a DECORATED WAR HERO and George W. Bush hid in the Air National Guard during Vietnam.

It should further be repeated forever that Dubya didn't even fulfil his duties in the Air National Guard. He didn't meet the requirements of service in 1972 and 1973, requested early discharge towards the end of 1973 and didn't get it, and AIUI effectively deserted at that point.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

:psyduck:

Health care is an addictive drug, I just get a little of that cancer treatment and suddenly I have the health care monkey on my back and I just can't live without it.

Health care: not even once!

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Oxyclean posted:

https://twitter.com/GrrrGraphics/status/882608928495812609

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Women, am I right??

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Are we still talking about DaybyDay, I have something I've wanted to mention: a few months back I checked out the site to see Muir's reaction to Trump winning, and it was an OccupyWallStreet-style cartoon about Hillary plotting with the richest 1% to enrich them on the backs of the American worker.

I was flabbergasted, because when I originally started reading these threads back in 2012, my introduction to dbd were screed after screed lambasting Occupy as a bunch of bitter whining commie losers who committed the most grievous of since: insufficient servility to the rich (pbuh), our social and moral betters as proven by their net worth.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Again: what the gently caress does Stantis think they've been doing? Where are all these frontpage accusations and indictments I keep hearing about? What is this even based on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

"Why won't you talk about something important instead of insisting on Russia collusion just because you want it to be true? Tell the American people about real stories that really matter, like Chelsea Clinton's diabolical plot for world domination, I know she has one, I just know it, she has to be eviller than Trump she just has to, I need it to be true oh God I need to talk about the Clintons so bad!"

• Locked thread