Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Unless you have a bunch of experience on stick already, you're going to perform worse for a long time before you finally get the hang of it. Unless you really want a new peripheral I would recommend just hammering it out on Pad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I just got the game for PS4 and i am having a issue with the screen. I need to adjust the screen resolution for the game because stuff is getting cut off on the sides. How do I do this?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I think buried in the system settings of the PS4 there's an option to adjust screen size.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

DLC Inc posted:

It's funny because Braniac is actually quite neat even if he doesn't have a lot of crazy combos. I don't know if we'll ever see a competitive Braniac get far since he's not fast enough to deal with high-level play, but Grodd has had some great matches here and there. He and Poison Ivy are kind of dark horse picks that crop up now and again which owns because they're both weird as gently caress and fun to watch.

Yeah I was screwing with Brainiac early today and he has a ton of variety in where his attacks hit, but he's just loving ponderously slow and his trait is rear end.

If they get to Injustice 3, I really hope a primary design goal is making every trait impactful, because so many are total duds.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Yeah I was screwing with Brainiac early today and he has a ton of variety in where his attacks hit, but he's just loving ponderously slow and his trait is rear end.

If they get to Injustice 3, I really hope a primary design goal is making every trait impactful, because so many are total duds.

The sad thing is they made big improvements compared to Injustice 1, where a huge number of traits were never used.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I wish more traits were like Batman's or Atrocitus' where they're incredibly powerful but also more exciting than just an install. Darkseid's is really rad too because his gameplan changes dramatically whether he has access to his summon or not.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

It's Monday, get them applications in to Goon Squad!

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
I wish i could join up twice :911:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fadam posted:

I wish more traits were like Batman's or Atrocitus' where they're incredibly powerful but also more exciting than just an install. Darkseid's is really rad too because his gameplan changes dramatically whether he has access to his summon or not.

I really like Green Lantern's alt trait, the forcefield. I actually think they did a decent job this time around with making each trait unique, really only Superman, Cheetah, and Lantern have generic ones (I guess Bane too though he can stagger his charges)

Swamp Thing really got the short end of the stick, I didn't even remember what the gently caress his was til I looked it up. It's loving bad.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

I really like Green Lantern's alt trait, the forcefield. I actually think they did a decent job this time around with making each trait unique, really only Superman, Cheetah, and Lantern have generic ones (I guess Bane too though he can stagger his charges)

Swamp Thing really got the short end of the stick, I didn't even remember what the gently caress his was til I looked it up. It's loving bad.

Bane's gives all his specials. ALL OF THEM. super armor. lv3.venom rko is the poo poo.

Only bad thing about bane's specials being awesome wrestling moves: No backbreaker from IJ1, but he gets it as a gear move so I can continue to break lvl 12 batmen who refuse to put competitive mode on since I am lvl20 Bane, destroyer of spines.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

DLC Inc posted:

From videos I've seen, Swamp Things trait really blooms if he puts the opponent into the corner. The opponent will land in it at the end of his juggles and then can't jump, which makes getting out of the corner that much more difficult. Kind of niche, but not completely and utterly worthless the way, for example, Injustice 1 Cyborg trait was.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

Superman's might be generic, but making any string +0 and adding armor break properties to everything make it probably a top 5 trait in the game imo. It makes the other Install traits like GL and Fate look pretty lame in comparison.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Grem posted:

It's Monday, get them applications in to Goon Squad!

Applied.

I am bad at this game except for Harley. I can't do back->forward moves to save my life.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXFeubFA_1c

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Has Subbie dropped?

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

MrJacobs posted:

Bane's gives all his specials. ALL OF THEM. super armor. lv3.venom rko is the poo poo.

Only bad thing about bane's specials being awesome wrestling moves: No backbreaker from IJ1, but he gets it as a gear move so I can continue to break lvl 12 batmen who refuse to put competitive mode on since I am lvl20 Bane, destroyer of spines.

It's too bad that I think his aesthetic sucks really hard this time around, because he looks like a lot of fun

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Kurtofan posted:

Has Subbie dropped?

The character select screen says he is available so of course he is not actually available yet.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

It's too bad that I think his aesthetic sucks really hard this time around, because he looks like a lot of fun

I like all his Nike velcro gimp gear but was disappointed that he doesn't have all the classic lucha poo poo that he had in the first game. I kind of liked how he literally got roided up and turned green, too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

Has Subbie dropped?

Still not available. NetherRealm is bad at releasing DLC.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I said come in! posted:

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

I said come in! posted:

Still better than MK9, where the online game would be broken for a week or two after each one because they weren't forcing compatibility patches

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

DLC Inc posted:

I like all his Nike velcro gimp gear but was disappointed that he doesn't have all the classic lucha poo poo that he had in the first game. I kind of liked how he literally got roided up and turned green, too.

At the very least he does have a HardyBane mask.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is sub zero up yet

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

No

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

BREAKING: Sub-Zero has been pulled and replaced with Granny Goodness.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

BREAKING: Sub-Zero has been repealed and replaced with the Main Man!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpFplmMcjOE

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

BREAKING: Sub-Zero has been pulled and replaced with Granny Goodness.

This is totally fine.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I've played sub for about 10 mins and training mode and so far am in love.

Huge range normal strings(that are easy to hit confirm)
command grab ex standing reset gimmicks
can clone in air
instant overhead air hammers
and more :swoon:

Ill prob have the usual video poo poo for him in about a day or so once I understand him properly but for now have this instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqsXKT8Hfh4

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Yeah that means he's up and downloadable, folks.

After I have already left for work of course :iceburn::cry::negative::cry::iceburn:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

When's Rudy

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

When's Rudy

When the PC version comes out.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Based on how the digital comic's going, I really hope Black Lightning turns out to be the "Raiden" of the DLC folks.
It'd make a nice cross-promotion with his upcoming CW show.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Still can't access Sub-Zero on PS4. I love being denied content I paid for!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Still can't access Sub-Zero on PS4. I love being denied content I paid for!

Try searching for Sub Zero and downloading him right from the PlayStation Store website. He should show up as "Free". That's how I got him installed while I was at work.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Yeah you gotta dl him, he isn't just gonna auto-appear in your game with a patch or something. You can just go to game library on ps4 click injustice and go to its store section from there.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Anyone XBone goons have Sub-Zero yet? I tried to look for him in the store but didn't see him.

Really irritating that something that was advertised as coming out today isn't accessible.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sub zero is cool but yeah this is how captain cook should've played

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Empress Brosephine posted:

Sub zero is cool but yeah this is how captain cook should've played

Captain James Cook would have a more nautical themed fighting style.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The best cook is already in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Still two spots available in Goon Squad unless someone wants to claim these generic applications.

• Locked thread