Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Timby posted:

That was one of the most ridiculous things, because contracts had already been signed. Instead of them being honored, Walker and Kleefisch basically said "lol no" to the rail fleet manufacturers.

Is there a state in the union with a functional, competent government?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sataere posted:

Is there a state in the union with a functional, competent government?

Closest to one? California.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
just a reminder that the lions have made more playoffs than the bears over the last 25 years. the bears are the big brother with down's syndrome

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

mastershakeman posted:

just a reminder that the lions have made more playoffs than the bears over the last 25 years. the bears are the big brother with down's syndrome

Still more NFC north titles though.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

Do the Lions really hate any teams in the division? They've always been the little brother that's just kind of there.

Do you think bad teams/fans of bad teams aren't full of hatred? The question should be if anyone hates the Lions other than their own fans.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

Do you think bad teams/fans of bad teams aren't full of hatred? The question should be if anyone hates the Lions other than their own fans.

The refs :rimshot:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

iospace posted:

Closest to one? California.

So no. Got it

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I hate all the non Packer NFC north teams to varying degrees depending on how the season is going each year.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Being one of 8 Viking fans in LA every time I see a Packers decal on a car I get side by side with them flip them off, then cut them off so they can see my Norseman decal, happens about 4 times a week, can't say I've ever seen Lion/ Bears stuff on a car. Pretty sure I'd let them merge safely cause they got enough poo poo piled on them in their lives.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
We have a friend who is probably one of the only Vikings fans in a ~1800 mile radius - after we hosted a Xmas party and he got blackout drunk and passed out on our couch, we covered him in our Packers blanket and took a picture and posted it on Facebook, tagging him.

His friends were extremely pissed with him.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
His friends sound like dildos.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
no one really comes off well in that story

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

WHOOPS posted:

no one really comes off well in that story

agreed, shame on you abugadu. why are you friends with a vikings fan

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I was at the gym and I saw a dude with a pair of packers shorts so I offered to spot him and when he brought the weight down I slammed it on his throat until he suffocated to death.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

GNU Order posted:

I was at the gym and I saw a dude with a pair of packers shorts so I offered to spot him and when he brought the weight down I slammed it on his throat until he suffocated to death.

#PostinFromPrison

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

GNU Order posted:

I respect the commitment

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Soothing Vapors posted:

agreed, shame on you abugadu. why are you friends with a vikings fan

There are like 5% of people on this island that aren't bandwagon Steelers fans. I prefer Vikings fans to that.

Also it warms my dead heart to watch him agonize twice a year during the divisional games

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Go li on

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Theyr gonna do it this time

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
It's basically guaranteed the Lions are going to give me some kind of heart failure and drive me into the depths of despair this season, the only question is when.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I am excited for the 2017 Detroit Lions

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

gonna watch the neck guy

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/Ameerguapo/status/884112764372910080

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

how much are regular season bears tickets? is it worth the price of admission if my wife gets in in her giraffe onesie and gets on camera?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

how much are regular season bears tickets?

Among the most expensive in the league. I think the average price of a single ticket on the secondary market last year was something like $375.

Edit: Nosebleeds in 324 (so basically sitting on the rear end-edge of the stadium) are going for $119 per for the home opener.

Timby fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jul 9, 2017

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Timby posted:

Among the most expensive in the league. I think the average price of a single ticket on the secondary market last year was something like $375.

Cheaper to buy lions season tickets and drive to Detroit for every game.

e: I've been to 5 games in the past two years, I think the most I paid for a game was $35 a seat.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Plus better football, better stadium, better city and fanbase

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

AsInHowe posted:

better city

Just...lol, man.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Soothing Vapors posted:

you could just take the ferry from Muskegon, idiot

But they wouldn't be able to detour to Mackinac Island with the ferry. Mackinac Island owns.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Filthy Casual posted:

Just...lol, man.

I can leave Ford Field and be home by the 2nd quarter of the 4:30 game, not be stuck with the SNL Superfans drunkenly piling up traffic in front of a currently closed aquarium.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Detroit better than Chicago

Interesting claim

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wait like in real life? In this current reality?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

AsInHowe posted:

I can leave Ford Field and be home by the 2nd quarter of the 4:30 game, not be stuck with the SNL Superfans drunkenly piling up traffic in front of a currently closed aquarium.

Currently closed? I was just at the Shedd last week, definitely open. Also I along with thousands of other fans don't drive to/park at the stadium.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Wilford Cutlery posted:

Currently closed? I was just at the Shedd last week, definitely open. Also I along with thousands of other fans don't drive to/park at the stadium.

I think he means closed at that point on Sundays.

As a Michigan native and a Detroit defender who lives in Chicago, I must emphasize that AsInHowe does not speak for us. Traffic is the only advantage Detroit has, and that's because there's 2 million people here vs. less than 700K.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Detroit does not have to watch the Bears every Sunday.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
It builds character.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The Bears are one long monkey's paw for getting Jordon.

As a Packers fan, I approve of this.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

186 posted:

But they wouldn't be able to detour to Mackinac Island with the ferry. Mackinac Island owns.

true, but I'm not sure visiting Mackinac Island is worth risking attacks from the hill tribes and savage cannibals that inhabit the UP

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

AsInHowe posted:

I agree, as a Detroit native, its greatest advantage beyond signature hot dogs is the ability to leave it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Wilford Cutlery posted:

If you can't pet an otter after a game, it's closed.

• Locked thread