Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best
How does this noob meet fellow goons in this game? discord?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Silhouette Wires posted:

How does this noob meet fellow goons in this game? discord?

Ask for some steam invites. Theta Zero and myself play sort of regularly. Theta has a group that he drops with regularly that Ill occasionally play with.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Yeah just join us if you want to be carried.

The new Fleshpound-only mode is out and it's, uh, a little tough up until the boss which is straight up Fleshpound spam.

We managed to beat it by running one Berserker, one Medic, and the rest as Demos.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Theta Zero posted:

Yeah just join us if you want to be carried.

The new Fleshpound-only mode is out and it's, uh, a little tough up until the boss which is straight up Fleshpound spam.

We managed to beat it by running one Berserker, one Medic, and the rest as Demos.

So it's like when we did that China Temple map that was nothing but Fleshpound spam towards the end and got royally owned?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Skoll posted:

So it's like when we did that China Temple map that was nothing but Fleshpound spam towards the end and got royally owned?

Yeah but easier. They spawn the Quarterpounds which die in one and a half rockets, so if you answer back with spam of your own, you can get by (somewhat) cleanly.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Theta Zero posted:

Yeah but easier. They spawn the Quarterpounds which die in one and a half rockets, so if you answer back with spam of your own, you can get by (somewhat) cleanly.

Ill be on in a few if you don't mind carrying me for the Weekly. I had a procedure today and Im still kind of woozy from all the steroids and anesthesia.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Skoll posted:

Ill be on in a few if you don't mind carrying me for the Weekly. I had a procedure today and Im still kind of woozy from all the steroids and anesthesia.

We're all Killing Floor'd out right now but you can join in when we've got other people who also need to get it done.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I was expecting this week to be a lot tougher, got it done in two tries and the first try was just me being dumb and getting stuck in a corner first wave ( & not playing demo). Still, fun- I hope they keep this one around as an option for later.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Theta Zero posted:

We're all Killing Floor'd out right now but you can join in when we've got other people who also need to get it done.

I got it. Visor isn't compatible with Anton :(

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Hot drat, I wasn't expecting the King Fleshpound. I hope someone at Tripwire decides to add him to the boss mix down the line.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiOzQYEO5t0

Here's a video of us screaming while being hit by Fleshpounds as a server bot insults us.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Theta Zero posted:

Here's a video of us screaming while being hit by Fleshpounds as a server bot insults us.

This owns and I hope the king fleshpounds sticks around

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I miss Ash. She was a dope character. Bring her back!

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Vahakyla posted:

I miss Ash. She was a dope character. Bring her back!

I agree. I wish they did Ash instead of chubby hipster chick.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Theta Zero posted:

OH YES. This is exactly what the game needed.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
PS4 patch is live! :toot:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Dewgy posted:

PS4 patch is live! :toot:

These carnival games are RRRIIIGGED! :argh:

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

bud the zed for next character pls

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Took a few tries, but managed to get the weekly done solo. The occasional squads of Husks were actually worse than the Fleshpound swarms, just because they can flamethrower spam. Turns out that a stun grenade and a solid hit from the Pulverizer makes short work of them if they're bunched up though, which is handy.

The gold Fleshpound visor is so very stupid, and so very great. :allears:

Dewgy fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jul 11, 2017

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Theta Zero posted:

I should really find more (good) people to play with because things are way too easy solo :saddowns:

Sternieliscious
Sep 21, 2014

Dynas: Tea warrior
My regular group is a three man team and fairly new to the game. How much trouble will I have running a crew that large on harder difficulties? Our current makeup is Medic/Berserker/Survivalist, but we're nearing 20 and I'd like some suggestions for other perk combinations as well. I'm currently leaning Support or Commando after my run as Medic.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Sternieliscious posted:

My regular group is a three man team and fairly new to the game. How much trouble will I have running a crew that large on harder difficulties? Our current makeup is Medic/Berserker/Survivalist, but we're nearing 20 and I'd like some suggestions for other perk combinations as well. I'm currently leaning Support or Commando after my run as Medic.

Until you feel you're ready to tackle HOE, you can really succeed with whatever as you learn the game. When you do boss waves though you'll want to switch to heavy hitters like Sharps with a railgun, AA12 support, RPG spam Demo, beserker, etc.

Sternieliscious
Sep 21, 2014

Dynas: Tea warrior
Is a medic staying in the mix, or are we talking about the old WoW days of panicked DPS races?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Sternieliscious posted:

Is a medic staying in the mix, or are we talking about the old WoW days of panicked DPS races?

Medic is good and fun but on the lower difficulties you dont expressly need one to keep a zerker alive. They will never not be useful though.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Omg

You can wear the hazmat suit with the pound crown! IT LOOKS SO STUPID! :laffo:

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Looks very airtight. Good work.

Vedius Pollio
Sep 11, 2007

Hey guys, I got the game for free on PS+ last week. I'm really digging it after playing the crap out of the first game. Is there a goon community active on the PS4?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Wow this is hard as hell with pubs. I've got the item but only by pulling the old KF1 trick of joining a game during the boss wave :shobon: Actually it was even better, you could just be a spectator and would get any achievement the players did. Sniped some of the harder HoE maps that way.

Anyhoo, it's all gravy until the boss wave, having lots of FPs to kill means everyone is rich:

But so far I haven't found a good way to manage all the FP buddies he spawns and we always get overwhelmed. Does he spawn a bunch at certain HP, and then get that shield thing towards the end?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Takes No Damage posted:

Wow this is hard as hell with pubs. I've got the item but only by pulling the old KF1 trick of joining a game during the boss wave :shobon: Actually it was even better, you could just be a spectator and would get any achievement the players did. Sniped some of the harder HoE maps that way.

I did that trick for Catacombs HoE. Fuckkkk playing through that map, honestly.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Takes No Damage posted:

But so far I haven't found a good way to manage all the FP buddies he spawns and we always get overwhelmed. Does he spawn a bunch at certain HP, and then get that shield thing towards the end?

It's a war of attrition, cause he spawns them constantly, its just that he spawns them FASTER the less health he has. With the shield up it's a wave so constant, they should be cosidered a distraction at best, and all fire should focus on him to get him dead ASAP.

Also, playing with lower level buddies made me forget how frantic suicidal is - everything rushing at you so fast, you dont have time to miss, it's amazing. Firebug is very good in that enviroment, even in the weekly if you have exploding zeds, cause exploding trash deals a lot of damage to the quarterpounds.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Takes No Damage posted:

Explosions. FPs are weak to explosions, so rocket/nade spam works wonders as you can catch if bunch of FPs in the same explosion. I ended up completing it in a group of 3 demos, 1 zerker, 1 firebug and a medic.

This was a really fun weekly, I think I'll run it again for kicks.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Sternieliscious posted:

It's worth trying all the perks, and unless you're playing a high difficulty with a low level perk you'll probably be fine with whatever but there's two things to consider - some perks really fall out of favor as you go up the difficulty scale, and some perks are never going to be best choices for boss waves. As annoying as I find that, there are a lot of games where I'll play the waves as [whatever] and then switch for the boss fight. The perk balance for bosses is bad and that's just how it is. It's not a big deal to switch so you just get used to it.

if someone on your team likes the boss-killing power of a sharp or demo, pair up with a trash killing class to clean all the regular zeds out so they can just delete FPs and scrakes. Run triple berseker. Who knows!

(survivalist is bad at high difficulty levels though so I hope that person finds something else they like)

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I will say, if youre running a Six man its usually a good idea to have at least one SWAT or Commando to keep trash off the other 5 so they can just dogpile the boss, no matter what difficulty.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I've always found Firebug to be the ultimate in trash removal but maybe that's because I'm one of those guys who runs Flamethrower until super late.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Shumagorath posted:

I've always found Firebug to be the ultimate in trash removal but maybe that's because I'm one of those guys who runs Flamethrower until super late.

Firebug owns for crowd control but it doesnt kill as quick as the other two when seconds count.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

the microwave gun still feels lovely to me. it doesn't pass through zeds, it doesn't set them on fire, it uses ammo super fast, it uses more ammo to kill trash zeds than even the friggin 9mm, and it doesn't even kill big zeds appreciably faster than any other gun.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in the world who plays on PS4, you can add JudgeTesla on PSN and drag me into a match at any time if you need a Demolitionist to blow up monsters.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

juggalo baby coffin posted:

the microwave gun still feels lovely to me. it doesn't pass through zeds, it doesn't set them on fire, it uses ammo super fast, it uses more ammo to kill trash zeds than even the friggin 9mm, and it doesn't even kill big zeds appreciably faster than any other gun.

that's what happens when your weapon does 20% damage to some zed types because of the 80% resists

quality tripwire design.txt

Shumagorath posted:

welcome to the other half of the resist problem, but yes you can ruin trash all day long with the FT. You're just near-useless against scrakes or FPs.

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jul 12, 2017

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Psion posted:

that's what happens when your weapon does 20% damage to some zed types because of the 80% resists

quality tripwire design.txt

welcome to the other half of the resist problem, but yes you can ruin trash all day long with the FT. You're just near-useless against scrakes or FPs.

I usually go Flamethrower with the Incendiary shotgun. Its not great but I feel like it does more damage and stumble against the tougher zeds if you have the close range perk selected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I only caught one day of double XP and I took SWAT to 18 and sharp to 11, both from 0. Make this the norm please, my friend won't play suicidal because he has no perks at 15 even though it's twice as fun as hard mode.