Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the trump tutelage posted:

He variously rejects and pities those things, but that's easy to miss when your worldview is filtered through Twitter.

Hmm I also reject Nazis yet surprisingly I do not hang out with them and pose for photos with them... almost like peterson is a fraud and his followers are complete ninnies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

THC posted:

Hmm I also reject Nazis yet surprisingly I do not hang out with them and pose for photos with them... almost like peterson is a fraud and his followers are complete ninnies

Do you make over $50K per month from their donations?

I'm just saying, you might pander a little if you did.

But seriously, it's about free speech, which is why now more than ever it's important that you give to support my ability to do public speaking engagements and a series of Youtube videos on how Transpeople do not exist and any suggestion otherwise is the first step towards the loony left putting you in a gulag.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jul 11, 2017

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

literally the guy believes in Cultural Marxism and invokes those words without irony and his fans believe in racial "science". someone should get him fired from UoT. What a disgrace.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

infernal machines posted:

Do you make over $50K per month from their donations?

I'm just saying, you might pander a little if you did.

But seriously, it's about free speech, which is why now more than ever it's important that you give to support my ability to do public speaking engagements and a series of Youtube videos on how Transpeople do not exist and any suggestion otherwise is the first step towards the loony left putting you in a gulag.

Speaking of PhDs, go to this thing and see what niki thinks of bucko

https://twitter.com/MurrayCooke10/status/884153778269810688

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Wow, right in the heart of Kensington Market too.

She knows her demographic alright.

E: Well someone does. Maybe she'll drop in for a meet and greet one day.

E2: LMAO, that's almost certainly in an illegal event space either on the second floor or the basement of that place. They usually run an after-hours out of there.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jul 11, 2017

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

CLAM DOWN posted:

Everywhere the WCE travels is a worthless poo poo hole

Lifes not about the destination but tge journey :yum:

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Isn't Kensington market full of nouveau riche hipsters? That's where that guy who makes expensive kitchen knives has a store right?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Yeah, it is now, but there's still a few of the older "edgy" places buried around.

The ground floor tenant of the building it's in (before Mercanti) was known for selling bathtub booze and poisoning people. The alley entrance to "double double" where the event is frequently had blood in it and a few stabbings a year.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

https://twitter.com/toddstonebc/status/884199161515524096

FIRE SEASON
     PLEASE COMMENT
WHAT COULD BE DONE DIFF NEXT TIME?

More Rain

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
There's a conversation happening in the Whistler Political Facebook Group about wildfires. One person's son is part of the initial attack squad and being stationed in Lillooet, basically because if there's a fire around here and they don't put it out quickly we're completely hosed.

People are getting Firesmart assessments, where anything over 35 is considered "extreme" and they're getting numbers in the 90s. There's a lot of anger at the municipality for not doing anything about the fire danger here.

If we get a bad fire here not only are pretty much all the residential neighborhoods completely hosed, but there's no way for us to get out, either.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Rip premium luxury ultra high net worth enclave of whistler :qq:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

If Christy can't have BC no one can, so she's burning it down

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
Odds on all the new construction using the same flammable cladding as UK and Australia? lol

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

HookShot posted:

People are getting Firesmart assessments, where anything over 35 is considered "extreme" and they're getting numbers in the 90s. There's a lot of anger at the municipality for not doing anything about the fire danger here.

If only they'd made everybody cut down their conifers and plant well watered lawns?

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

less than three posted:

Odds on all the new construction using the same flammable cladding as UK and Australia? lol

lol

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Postess with the Mostest posted:

If only they'd made everybody cut down their conifers and plant well watered lawns?

The problem is a lot of the neighborhoods are built RIGHT along the forest. Like, look at the sattelite imagery of the Emerald neighborhood: https://www.google.ca/maps/@50.1630983,-122.930196,726m/data=!3m1!1e3

So while everyone in there cutting down their trees would help, it doesn't stop the fact that there is literally no barrier between peoples' properties and the forest, which they're not allowed to touch and it's up to the municipality to deal with that. So sure, I mean, no one wants to see an empty wasteland expanse of space, but look at that and tell me what you think is going to happen to that neighborhood if there's a fire.

It's not like they can't do it, there's a whole strip of mostly untreed land under the power lines. They just haven't done it, and it's going to gently caress over the whole town if something goes here.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

I still disagree, this is the best way they could have handled it, Liberals excel at capitalizing on inconsequential wedge issues like this (and weed and gender parity) that put them on the left. They're getting so much free publicity that makes them out to be the opposites of the right wing which is appealing to 70% of voters.

Look at the angus reid poll, http://angusreid.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/2017.07.10-KhadrReleaseTables.pdf

32% just recogonize the name or have never heard of him and 42% can't say whether he was treated fairly or unfairly so I'm guessing Trudeau paying him isn't going to affect their votes at all. 34% say he was treated fairly over the last 15 years which is a venn diagram circle around the 32% that voted conservative in the last election.

Wanna see the crosstabs on this poll where 74% of respondents say he was a child soldier but only 57% think he deserves either an apology or compensation for the Canadian government helping torture a child soldier for a decade.

lol wait actually I already know the answer which is they asked all the other questions first so everyone who knew nothing about the case reflexively says paying money to a Muslim is bad before learning that Khadr was 15.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

less than three posted:

Five story woodframe condos are the answer

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

But at least there'll be a lot of jobs in the aftermath right

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

cowofwar posted:

~bc lumber~

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
You can build 6 stories now. Are you trying to kill the economy during the softwood lumber debate!?

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

cowofwar posted:

Let's bring balloon framing back in style.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I saw five of those wooden things being built in Langford just passing through. The build quality looks like rear end. Dimensional framing with plywood nailed over with huge gaps. Cover that all up with some pretty siding and you got a $500k condo.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

cowofwar posted:

I saw five of those wooden things being built in Langford just passing through. The build quality looks like rear end. Dimensional framing with plywood nailed over with huge gaps. Cover that all up with some pretty siding and you got a $500k condo.

Then you install the electric baseboard heaters and the new prideful homeowner wonders why they're paying $500 a month in utilities.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

those woodframe condos are pretty safe from fire, but they are garbage for insulation both heat and noise

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
One of my bike routes is along Kent St along the north bank of the Fraser. There's a gently caress load of wooden condos being built all along there.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

cowofwar posted:

when does the pre-sale start???

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Argas posted:

But at least there'll be a lot of jobs in the aftermath right

tonnes of jobs, but still no housing

all Austrailian visas now issued for 'walkabout'

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
No matter where you are, even in the most left wing riding in the country (mine is pretty high up there), a NDP candidate meet and greet is probably still doomed to have random assholes come in to whine about how you're an enabler for creeping sharia.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

HookShot posted:

There's a conversation happening in the Whistler Political Facebook Group about wildfires. One person's son is part of the initial attack squad and being stationed in Lillooet, basically because if there's a fire around here and they don't put it out quickly we're completely hosed.

If we get a bad fire here not only are pretty much all the residential neighborhoods completely hosed, but there's no way for us to get out, either.

I did a firesmart assessment on my log house in a (deciduous) forest. 14 and I can cut another 6 off easily if I close my eaves. Y'all are nuts, it'd never be cost effective to maintain a firebreak around the whole town there.

quote:

On July 5, Mainstreet polled NDP donors and individuals who were on the five past provincial membership lists and who are still active party members.

Of the 1,445 members reached, 22.6% supported Angus, 20.4% for Ashton, 7.5% for both Jagmeet Singh and Peter Julian, and 6.1% for Guy Caron; 35.9% said they were unsure about their first choice. Of decided voters, Angus has the support of 35.2%, with Ashton at 31.9%.

Gooooo Angus

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
So what's Angus' plan for taxes?

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

namaste faggots posted:

So what's Angus' plan for taxes?

Someone else will pay for it!

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
No dipshit I believe in modern monetary theory

I wanna know if Angus is ideologically pure enough for the cause. If he is free of bourgeois affectations such as joining the middle class or school choice

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Charlie Angus literally has no platform yet

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
You don't need to join the middle class, if you have reached it in your mind. Namaste

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

namaste faggots posted:

No dipshit I believe in modern monetary theory

I wanna know if Angus is ideologically pure enough for the cause. If he is free of bourgeois affectations such as joining the middle class or school choice

I'll expand. Angus isn't enough of a policy wonk to make a create a detailed tax plan 2.5 years before the election as if it actually means something. He's more focused on connecting, listening to canadians and telling a story they can empathize with. The platform doesn't matter, he'll say something like it'll be decided by the NDP caucus through their conventions closer to the election. It's about who canadians can see themselves sitting down and having a beer with because we're literally the worst.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
So he is Andrew Scheer for NDP members

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

DariusLikewise posted:

So he is Andrew Scheer for NDP members

I would've said Trudeau but close enough.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

I'll expand. Angus isn't enough of a policy wonk to make a create a detailed tax plan 2.5 years before the election as if it actually means something. He's more focused on connecting, listening to canadians and telling a story they can empathize with. The platform doesn't matter, he'll say something like it'll be decided by the NDP caucus through their conventions closer to the election. It's about who canadians can see themselves sitting down and having a beer with because we're literally the worst.

loving lol

Literally trying to open up dialogue to solve problems?

Unironically gently caress this guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Maybe a weird question, but what CanPol-related Twitter accounts would you recommend following? Basically my entire feed right now is American politics.