Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

meh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Getting it more for Mario Odyssey later this year.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Nick Soapdish posted:

They are good exclusive games on the switch. Dunno about the other two.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

They are good exclusive games on the switch. Dunno about the other two.

Oh you're just jerking itexcited for Splatoon 2

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

CommieGIR posted:

Any GiP World of Tanks/Warships players?

Yeah, PresidentGingrich ingame. Play Japanese heavies, lob Imperial HE at fools, break their poo poo, harvest tears.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Oh you're just jerking itexcited for Splatoon 2

i feel the thirst for twintail from ARMS

me irl durin the reveal

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
mods?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

for what for shitposting about a game in the games thread?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Not quite 599 US DOLLARS but I can't see plunking down 500+ just to play some Mario and Zelda. I'll wait until they're cheaper.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Nick Soapdish posted:

I'll probably pick up a switch once Metroid Prime 4 comes out and if it's actually good

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ElMaligno posted:

i feel the thirst for twintail from ARMS

me irl durin the reveal

Dude you hosed a girl why you goin back to loving animes?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

orange juche posted:

Dude you hosed a girl why you goin back to loving animes?

My answer to that is why are you taking my shitposting seriously?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

btw i got sega cd and 32x working just fine with an emulator called Kega Fusion. Works really well.

Saturn stuff is next, its really just getting the emulator to work right. It was only just recently hardware cracked so you can load games via usb onto the system (after like 20 years) and it's a bit wonky tbh

i really want to find a good dos games pack . I got like 800 GB free on one of the hard drives, wanna cram this sucker full.

hell maybe i'll go full sperg and do weird poo poo like intellivision and sinclair systems. I already have a crazy amount of Tandy stuff I could do too

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

also I like to play the perverted, thirsty for 2d, idiot. but I am actually a perverted, thirsty, idiot.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

elmaligno had sex

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

once

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

twice actually

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ok one of those times is a technicality because we all have to touch a pussy on our way out from the womb.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

cowboy elvis posted:

Ok one of those times is a technicality because we all have to touch a pussy on our way out from the womb.

c section.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

cowboy elvis posted:

can confirm your moms pussy was excellent

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/d3gmjm/more-fantasy-less-war-the-games-the-military-plays?utm_source=wpfbus

Here ya go, tards:

quote:

Looking at Banks' study years after I called it quits, I was struck by the responses from servicemembers who reported chronic physical or psychological issues. Service-related injuries and PTSD, she found, seem strongly linked with escapism and coping as motivations for playing games.

"What was really interesting to me is that they (chronic sufferers) were the only ones who reported higher levels of fantasy motivations and skill-development motivations," Banks said. "My interpretive brain takes that as possibly suggesting when you have these more pervasive, every day issues, not only do you want to escape those things, but also augment yourself in other ways."

Even absent physical or mental trauma, there seems to be something unique about military gamers. Age, gender, length of time in service, and service branch didn't seem to matter in Banks' results, which she said could mean that there's just something about being in the military that affects gaming consumption and motivation.

Watts and Bratten used games to take back a small and brief measure of control during deployments, periods when control was something they had very little of for months at a time. While on a ship under steam or stationed on an Afghan airfield, there's no real way to strike a "work/life balance," because your life is spent at work. Under those circumstances, games can function as a non-work social space for servicemembers, somewhere to hang out that isn't The Job – a place where they can express their agency outside the ubiquitous chain of command.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I'd wait for the next switch hardware revision if they haven't already. I owned one for a week, now that some games are actually coming out it might actually be worthwhile

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

orange juche posted:

Not quite 599 US DOLLARS but I can't see plunking down 500+ just to play some Mario and Zelda. I'll wait until they're cheaper.

Guess you missed it then.

Looking forward to playing Breath of the Wild tomorrow.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nick Soapdish posted:

Guess you missed it then.

Looking forward to playing Breath of the Wild tomorrow.

Did you get one of those Switch deals from meh.com?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

orange juche posted:

Did you get one of those Switch deals from woot?

No, I just got it for the MSRP of $299.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

299 is a hell of a lot more palatable than the massive stupid markup on them right now. 400+ bucks is too much for what is essentially a high-powered tablet with nintendo games, especially since the games are 49-59 bucks a piece etc.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

BOTW is pretty drat good. I'm not a fan of the weapon durability, although it's not a huge issue, and I don't like cooking and having to gather poo poo etc. Would be better if they made the cooking screen more intuitive or let you do it by batch

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

this helps with my confirmation bias that all of you gently caress are closet anime fans.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I bought a Switch and think it's a pretty neat console. The screen is really nice on it and that makes playing portable games a lot more enjoyable to me.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ElMaligno posted:

this helps with my confirmation bias that all of you gently caress are closet anime fans.

the point of being in the closet is you vehemently deny it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ive been playing the f2p ghost in the shell shooter game and it's pretty fun

havent spent a dime and im unlocking stuff ok

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

There' a ghost in the shell shootmans game?

Standard FPS or what? I like free shootmans if they're good.

E: Looks like CS:GO with a skin. Hmmm don't know if it's worth playing.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jul 11, 2017

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

orange juche posted:

There' a ghost in the shell shootmans game?

Standard FPS or what? I like free shootmans if they're good.

E: Looks like CS:GO with a skin. Hmmm don't know if it's worth playing.

its more arcadey

worth a download and a play. its like blacklight: retribution but simpler and more fun

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Who's got the best skillset since this is a class based shooter?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Saito - Heat Sensor / Skillsync
Togusa - Seeker Drone
Kusanagi Motoko - Therm-Optic Camo / Skillsync
Batou - Arm Launcher
Ishikawa - Cyber Sentry
Paz - Hyper Sprint / Skillsync
Borma - Nan-Gel Armor / Skillsync
Maven - Therm-Optic Barrier
Kuro - EMP Generator

up to how you want to play, i use togusa

also people can share your level 2 skills if they're nearby when you activate so you can use use em all

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

God drat I am bad at shootmans. It feels I'm stuck in molasses compared to the people I'm playing against, I get some kills every match but jesus how in the gently caress do you compete against teenagers hopped up on Monster and Red Bull? Doesn't help that my laptop has to really loving strain to get to a playable framerate, I'm sure if I could hit 60fps+ it would be a lot more playable.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

orange juche posted:

God drat I am bad at shootmans. It feels I'm stuck in molasses compared to the people I'm playing against, I get some kills every match but jesus how in the gently caress do you compete against teenagers hopped up on Monster and Red Bull? Doesn't help that my laptop has to really loving strain to get to a playable framerate, I'm sure if I could hit 60fps+ it would be a lot more playable.

Play Rising Storm 2. The overall pace is a bit slower and people who try to run around get hugely penalized.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

When do you guys play?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Dark Souls III: The Fire Fades Edition $30

meh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2guXdUbDlc