Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Our house screwdriver is prepared with hand-squeeze orange juice,

Which he will serve to guests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

they're an okay garage brand for wood, as would be the Chicago Electric or whatever equivalent. Mostly because actually precise equipment, as is used in metalworking or serious production, is an order of magnitude more expensive. AFAIK the Sawstop is the basic standard of 'good table saw' these days, with a pricetag in the same ballpark, and if you handle one the quality gap between it and HF/Grizzly products is dramatic.
I haven't handled either, as I'm a poor, but I know Grizzly is generally considered top 3 by serious woodworkers, which is why I was confused. But yeah, I didn't catch the conversation was about machining - That's a whole different world.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Slugworth posted:

I haven't handled either, as I'm a poor, but I know Grizzly is generally considered top 3 by serious woodworkers, which is why I was confused. But yeah, I didn't catch the conversation was about machining - That's a whole different world.

:agreed: Again, it's the degree of accuracy, and the duty cycle it's needed for. I'm going to get a mill/drill machine in the near future, and I'm leaning more towards the Grizzly rather than Harbor Freight. Primarily because the Grizzly is slightly cheaper now. I'd use the thing several times a week, and not expect a massive degree of preciseness from it. But, that said, I work in IT for a trucking company at one of our large repair depots, and all our mechanics supply their own tools. These guys drop serious bucks on Mac, Snap-On, etc., but you still see them using an HF tool every once in a while. If you use an impact wrench once every 2 months like I do, then HF will perfectly fit the bill. If you use an impact wrench, say, 10 hours a day? Don't skimp, pay the extra for a good Ingersol-Rand, or whatever.

You "get what you pay for" really applies here with HF/Grizzly, and Alibaba, too. As long as that's kept in mind, Alibaba is a great resource for cheap, and usually totally bizarre stuff.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Cumslut1895 posted:

Better than being a field screwdriver

lmao jesus christ

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Idgi

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Slavery joke

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
So apparently AliExpress has some bootlegged board games that cost roughly half as much as the legit ones.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Guy Mann posted:

So apparently AliExpress has some bootlegged board games that cost roughly half as much as the legit ones.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

Gonna just drop that without a link?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Why don't torment me

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Guy Mann posted:

I love the strategy game.

I found this multilayer connect 4 but with catapults a few months and it's been in my wishlist since. Is there a legitimate counterpart to this game or is it just a unique Chinese innovation? It looks like a board game for insane people and if I had friends I would absolutely drop the $20 for it.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Link!!!

I need a Slim Goodbody Lego

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

That's a good tuck job.The game is called connect 4 launchers

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Snowy posted:

Link!!!

I need a Slim Goodbody Lego

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...2801112165.html

also,

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Drunk detective?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Columbo ?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That gay captain from firefly and doctor who?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

That gay captain from firefly and doctor who?

torchwood suck rear end

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

no teddy, 2/10

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
You guys got me obsessed with knock-off minifigs. I've ordered a whole horror movie (and KFC and Back to the Future) set and I just now ordered like four visible anatomy minifigs.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

King Vidiot posted:

You guys got me obsessed with knock-off minifigs. I've ordered a whole horror movie (and KFC and Back to the Future) set and I just now ordered like four visible anatomy minifigs.

Donald Trump with Chinese characteristics?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Donald Trump with Chinese characteristics?

Also made with the cheapest, tackiest materials. It's too perfect.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

I had a dream last night about having to flee a warzone so as soon as I woke up this morning I went to shop for those portable radios/flashlights/USB chargers that you can hand-crank and collapsible water bags because that will be useful in any disaster. One of the shops I was looking at was called "Hi guys, Just do it now!" "Devil's Gym House" is another good one.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

King Vidiot posted:

Also made with the cheapest, tackiest materials. It's too perfect.

I can't believe it's not butter.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

I bought this one last month, looks pretty good.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Blue Train posted:

The game is called connect 4 launchers

I looked it up and the legitimate version looks much less playable! Definitely getting Penny Game Ball Shoot Activate instead.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
So I got my automatic belt in the mail today.

Pros:
-looks cool
-feels great
-comes in sizes that actually fit a cornfed American

Cons:
-when I opened the packaging the fumes made my fire alarm go off for a few chirps

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The fumes are the goodness

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Guy Mann posted:

So I got my automatic belt in the mail today.

Pros:
-looks cool
-feels great
-comes in sizes that actually fit a cornfed American

Cons:
-when I opened the packaging the fumes made my fire alarm go off for a few chirps

I got one too, but I didn't get any fumes :(

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Same, never had fumes, just leather smell

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I bought some leggings a few weeks ago from this store and they arrived today. They're super comfortable and the patterns look good. Hopefully they don't fall apart when I wash them. There's a sizing chart on the listings but I got the 4xl and they comfortably fit my goonish figure. I would definitely recommend for anyone that wants trendy printed leggings without spending big bucks on them.

I also ordered this badge to go with my existing sexy Hitler badges:

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I learned about a sand free beach mat on Reddit that normally costs $50 and someone said there's a $10-15 version on Aliexpress. Does anyone want to try it? Really curious about it.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...2813996030.html

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's a plastic mesh tarp basically. Look at the closeups. the usual usage instructions suggest putting a regular picnic mat or whatever on top. vOv

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

cyberia posted:

I bought some leggings a few weeks ago from this store and they arrived today. They're super comfortable and the patterns look good. Hopefully they don't fall apart when I wash them. There's a sizing chart on the listings but I got the 4xl and they comfortably fit my goonish figure. I would definitely recommend for anyone that wants trendy printed leggings without spending big bucks on them.

I also ordered this badge to go with my existing sexy Hitler badges:

Oh wow, Hipster Hitler. There's a blast from internets past.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Guy Mann posted:

Cons:

This fascinates me because every single HF store I've been in smells exactly the same. Why do Pacific Rim products smell like a chemical spill? At least in the case of HF, I really want to say it smells like phenol, or some sort of benzinated organic solvent or something. It can get pretty overpowering at times.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
HF smells like cosmoline to me. Maybe it's the lovely lubricants they use in their factories?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I received my cocktail stick crossbow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

Pissflaps posted:

I received my cocktail stick crossbow.

How are your fingats