Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

NTRabbit posted:

So Jake Lever is heading back to Victoria, just a matter of which club manages to get him for a second round pick because we're awful at trading.

When Essendon gets him for gently caress all it'll just be making up for getting Jenkins on the cheap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Testekill posted:

I don't think he had any experience before Collingwood announced the succession plan.

No, he'd been assistant coach at Collingwood for two years under Malthouse, which might have something to do with it. I feel he was egged on into the head position without being given much time to think about it.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

ewe2 posted:

No, he'd been assistant coach at Collingwood for two years under Malthouse, which might have something to do with it. I feel he was egged on into the head position without being given much time to think about it.

Wasn't his two years as assistant part of the succession plan?
The plan was definitely for Bucks to be assistant before he took over as the senior coach.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

NTRabbit posted:

So Jake Lever is heading back to Victoria, just a matter of which club manages to get him for a second round pick because we're awful at trading.

Bulldogs will probably end up offering their first rounder.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

Schlesische posted:

Wasn't his two years as assistant part of the succession plan?
The plan was definitely for Bucks to be assistant before he took over as the senior coach.

It was, and Malthouse was supposed to stick around as mentor/director of football.

I wouldn't mind us grabbing Buckley as an assistant in the way we grabbed Ratts

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
At least Buckley outlasted the other turn of the century wunderkind players turned coach I guess

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

The Deadly Hume posted:

I'll be interested in what Hodge does next; no doubt he's a good tactician but whether that's enough in this day and age because you have to be across a lot of things, or if that's something he can pick up while doing his apprenticeship.

I've heard Jake King needs a few good blokes for his business.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Seb Ross looks like a white supremacist

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Solemn Sloth posted:

Zak Jones

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Tom McDonald too.

You could fill an aryan brotherhood supporting cast

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Lever for Dusty IMO

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid

Solemn Sloth posted:

Well, he is supreme

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Bit dumb that they did the greatest debuts show the week before Ryan Nyhuis

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Solemn Sloth posted:

Tom McDonald too.

Basically the entire Melbourne back line except for Neville Jetta

Hunt, McDonald brothers, Wagner, Frost, Vince, and Watts rotating through

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

Basically the entire Melbourne back line except for Neville Jetta

Hunt, McDonald brothers, Wagner, Frost, Vince, and Watts rotating through

Hunt and Watts more a sons of anarchy look tbh

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

boy undead posted:

If the Saints lose Roberton, you can have the pick we get for him for Lever

Deal? Deal

Why would we lose Roberton?

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid

Nutsngum posted:

Why would we lose Roberton?

If you put any stock into BigFooty talk (don't) he got a hefty offer from Hawthorn or something

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
What?

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

boy undead posted:

If you put any stock into BigFooty talk (don't) he got a hefty offer from Hawthorn or something

Pffft like they have anything to trade that we aren't already getting, or even need. And it'd be pretty silly to trade away one of the best rebound players in the game this year.

Oh dear, I've gone and speculated on Bigfooty bullshit.

monolithburger fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Jul 11, 2017

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/rohan_connolly/status/884764580861235200

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

Tom McDonald too.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Paddy McCartin has been ruled out indefinately due to concussion issues. :suicide:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-12/paddy-mccartin-out-indefinitely-to-recover-from-concussion posted:

LUCKLESS St Kilda forward Paddy McCartin will be out indefinitely as he takes time to completely recover from his sixth concussion since 2014.

The Saint isn't experiencing any concussion symptoms and will continue to train, but will be reassessed in a few weeks.

McCartin, 21, was concussed for the sixth time since the 2014 season in a VFL game against Coburg late last month.

"I'm going to have a couple more weeks off," McCartin said at Seaford on Wednesday.

"There's a few things, just baseline testing and things like that, where I'm not quite 100 per cent.

"With the head stuff, it's pretty important that that's all 100 per cent spot on.

"I'm just going to have a few more weeks off and reassess then.

"Feeling really good, feel fine. I'm doing all the training. Probably more of a training load than what I would in-season normally, when I'm playing.

"That's really positive and I'm feeling good."

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Periphery posted:

Paddy McCartin has been ruled out indefinately due to concussion issues. :suicide:

Has Brayshaw been ruled out indefinetly also? I mean I'm glad that they're not taking any chances with concussions but jeez those two have been brutallised by concussions.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Testekill posted:

Has Brayshaw been ruled out indefinetly also? I mean I'm glad that they're not taking any chances with concussions but jeez those two have been brutallised by concussions.

I think Brayshaw is being talked up as a chance to play VFL this week or next. I think he was back into full contact training. I'd love to have him but also please don't turn your brain into mush Gus, footy isn't worth it

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Kinda shocked there hasn't been more people talking about the Easton Wood suspension. McGovern got hit even lighter than Oliver and probably hit Wood harder than he got slapped on the back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCowAwGd0cQ

edit: I'm not arguing with his suspension since it was his third small strike that was reported this season but jeez we easily could have argued it down to insufficient force.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Jul 12, 2017

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Darcy Parish signed on for a couple more years

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Testekill posted:

Kinda shocked there hasn't been more people talking about the Easton Wood suspension. McGovern got hit even lighter than Oliver and probably hit Wood harder than he got slapped on the back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCowAwGd0cQ

edit: I'm not arguing with his suspension since it was his third small strike that was reported this season but jeez we easily could have argued it down to insufficient force.

"Selected jumper punches and strikes to the head that have insufficient force to constitute a Low Impact offence will be processed as a fixed financial sanction under Attempt to Strike."

So would have been a low level offence and a suspension anyway

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Did he already have points against and a fine for a stomach jab to all round good bloke Tom Bugg from earlier in the year?

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

snaeksikn posted:

Did he already have points against and a fine for a stomach jab to all round good bloke Tom Bugg from earlier in the year?

I think he'd already had 2 fines for similar punches. This was his 3rd and that's why he got the 1 week suspension.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

He got a $1000 fine for striking Brisbane kid Josh Schache in round 5, and a $1500 fine for striking Taylor Garner in round 14, the strike against McGovern makes for a third offence and an automatic suspension

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I think the AFL website has a malware infection. I'm getting heaps of popups and dodgy redirects from their pages, and I don't think it's my computer because it's not happening on any other site

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

racing identity posted:

I think the AFL website has a malware infection. I'm getting heaps of popups and dodgy redirects from their pages, and I don't think it's my computer because it's not happening on any other site

I've been getting 400 Bad Request errors from the site for days, it won't load at all

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
None of the content would load in an email I received from them today either.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

AFL website is just garbage. You have to click a match in a very specific spot to get to the match centre because it seems like the match replay button is much bigger than it actually is.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

My Telstra Live pass still won't let me access any content on the desktop either, a bug that was supposed to be fixed in preseason

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

They don't intend on fixing it, they hosed up the development of the new app and so users are locked to pc or mobile devices but can't use both. Match replays are up on the app now though.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

NTRabbit posted:

My Telstra Live pass still won't let me access any content on the desktop either, a bug that was supposed to be fixed in preseason

How does this work? If you have a bigpond internet connection, can you get live afl games through it?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Apparently Cripps was playing most of the first half of the season with cracked/broken ribs, along with his broken jaw when noted oval office jordan lewis punched him.

quote:

THE LEGEND of Patrick Cripps continues to grow after it was revealed he played for six weeks with broken ribs.

Cripps is out for the rest of the year with a broken leg suffered in the loss to Melbourne after a bruising season so far.

It was already known he had played on despite a crack in his jaw after being punched by Jordan Lewis, refusing to miss the next week.

But Carlton chief executive Steven Trigg said Cripps had suffered rib damage earlier in the year and just kept playing.

It is understood he used painkilling injections to deaden the pain in his rib cartilage but never considered missing games.

The injury occurred in the first two weeks of the season, so at one stage Cripps was playing with broken ribs and a broken jaw.

“He is a hard young man. And we will miss him. We will miss his distribution in the middle of the ground and his midfield play and we will miss the example he sets as well,” Trigg said.

“Everyone knows he had a little hairline fracture in his jaw early in the season. But five or six weeks ago he took on some reasonably damage to his ribs as well.

“He put a guard on it, taped it up and every time I watched him over the last five or six weeks, he has that signature move with his hands over his head and dispatches the ball.
What a star.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

NPR Journalizard posted:

How does this work? If you have a bigpond internet connection, can you get live afl games through it?

You don't need a bigpond internet connection, you just need to buy a live pass - though you can usually get one for free by having a Telstra service of some kind, ie I got one with my mobile contract, and on a Telstra service the data is unmetered. You get replays, live game streaming, and an extra selection of stats including heat maps.

It used to be that you had one live pass and used it home and mobile, now you need one live pass per device because Telstra :allbuttons:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
:stare:

Bulldogs must be broke, can't afford to charter a bus to the MCG so they had to catch a tram, which broke down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjnWIjodbLQ

drunkill fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Jul 12, 2017

• Locked thread