Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

And this is all stuff that's just been leaking from the White House itself. What the gently caress is Mueller going to find that we don't already know about? Demon summonings? Rape orgies?

...The Piss Tape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/884801692709126144

Cruz responds to questions on Trumps relationship with Putin.

DO NOT WATCH IF YOU'RE INCLINED TO PUNCH YOUR MONITOR.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I keep wondering if there is some sort of bizarre game behind this just because no one could be that stupid without some sort of genetic abnormality.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Thaddius the Large posted:

Every time I need a quick pick-me-up, I stop and think about how Hunter S. Thompson would have reacted if he'd lived to see this election and subsequent scandal unfold. Although to be fair, he'd probably have died anyway, his head likely would have exploded from sheer rage months ago.

He would have shot himself. Kerry losing to Bush in 2004 was one of the things that pushed him over the edge. Well, that, and years of drug and alcohol abuse. It'd be great to have him around right now though.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
NYT has the next part where DJT says yes to them forwarding the info to daddy right?

Right?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

evilweasel posted:

it is difficult to explain how this could be worse short of don jr. replying and saying "dad says to tell her if she delivers the goods we'll lift the sanctions when we win"

lol the way this stuff is vomiting out give this a few days

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Craig K posted:

on a scale of 1 to watergate, how much is Happening

This isn't water. It's pure gold . . .

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

skylined! posted:

welp my brain is now broken for the day

dude just incriminated himself via twitter openly and contradicted statements he made yesterday, two days ago, three days ago and several months ago

thinking it was going to clear his name

I can only hope he continues this trend and outs every Russian agent he's been in contact with on twitter and news. Keep digging that hole for us Jr, it takes a Sith/Republican to kill a Republican Empire.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I keep wondering if there is some sort of bizarre game behind this just because no one could be that stupid without some sort of genetic abnormality.

It's a mixture of being dumb people and having been told their whole lives they're a special, superior aristocracy that deserves all its wealth and power. They've mistaken being of a social class that isn't permitted to fail for being incredibly wily and talented at hiding their crimes.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Spiritus Nox posted:

And this is all stuff that's just been leaking from the White House itself. What the gently caress is Mueller going to find that we don't already know about? Demon summonings? Rape orgies?

...The Piss Tape

I'm thinking this is from Manafort and the investigators he's been singing to. He's a rat, and rats flee sinking ships. Of course he's a rat who is about to spend the rest of his life in federal prison, but the metaphor had to break down somewhere.

Kushner has to resign immediately.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

evilweasel posted:

this is an open admission by trump's son, trump's campaign manager, and trump's son in law that:

1) they knew the russians were helping trump
2) they wanted the russians to help trump
3) they set up meetings with representatives of the russian government to get information to help trump

it is difficult to explain how this could be worse short of don jr. replying and saying "dad says to tell her if she delivers the goods we'll lift the sanctions when we win"

Yeah I get all of this.

I meant will this actually make Congressional Republicans pursue this in an appropriate manner, i.e. impeachment/Senate trial?

This is straight up collusion with Russia.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/byrdinator/status/884805252171616256

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

A secret meeting wouldn't have caused that either.

Main thing happening around then was primary season ending and prep for the conventions. Could have been bot accounts, could have been primary voters consolidating.

Dude - a secret meeting where you officially accept the Russian support and promise to give something back, thus Russia starting their biggest botnet initiative might result in that

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Remember when in the debates Hillary had to say something nice about Trump and she praised his children? Lol.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Mind_Taker posted:

Yeah I get all of this.

I meant will this actually make Congressional Republicans pursue this in an appropriate manner, i.e. impeachment/Senate trial?

i don't know

it brings the possibility that don jr., kushner, and manafort are criminally charged though to like 99.99999999999999999999999999999% unless a pardon is issued and once there's a criminal trial it all goes to poo poo for trump real, real quickly

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

evilweasel posted:

this is an open admission by trump's son, trump's campaign manager, and trump's son in law that:

1) they knew the russians were helping trump
2) they wanted the russians to help trump
3) they set up meetings with representatives of the russian government to get information to help trump

Given just how bad this is do you think it nixes the theory that Kushner was involved in the leaks to the Times as part of a political power play? Because surely he would be smart enough to see how this would burn him too.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Will The_donald just ban me if I go there and post a thread laughing at their asses?

I want to make fun of those people (10% of them are people anyway)

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

If Trump pardon's his son, would that prevent a trial from taking place?

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

This can't possibly be in the context I'm imagining, wtf is with the decorations?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Shifty Pony posted:

Given just how bad this is do you think it nixes the theory that Kushner was involved in the leaks to the Times as part of a political power play? Because surely he would be smart enough

After all we have seen, what does your heart say.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Red Baron posted:

This can't possibly be in the context I'm imagining, wtf is with the decorations?
They say Happy Birthday, but Pence's birthday's in June, so maybe old photo or for someone else?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Please change the thread subtitle to "The son make a tweet" thanks

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/EliotHiggins/status/884806110259142656

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/stephenkb/status/884804001522491393

Narcissism is a hell of a drug

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Mind_Taker posted:

Yeah I get all of this.

Since impeachment is a political process, well, let's see what the public reaction to this is.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

JazzFlight posted:

They say Happy Birthday, but Pence's birthday's in June, so maybe old photo or for someone else?

Yes, Pence had a birthday party on Air Force Two last month.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/SeanMcElwee/status/884805628904058881

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Heeeeellllooooo Mr President

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shifty Pony posted:

Given just how bad this is do you think it nixes the theory that Kushner was involved in the leaks to the Times as part of a political power play? Because surely he would be smart enough to see how this would burn him too.

i have no loving idea how anyone let that email outside the group of people on it

he couldn't have been dumb enough to leak the email with his name on it

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

His best play here: She is my mistress and we are in love. Politics had nothing to do with it. I long for her and if your question my love you are as bad as a bigot.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

This right here was a really stupid move, because whatever appears on CNN, NYT and other places can be readily dismissed by Trump's base, but by posting it himself he just made it all unquestionable truth to both sides.

Now he posted the thing, completely removing any shadow of doubt that it's real and NYT can make the article even more damning and with data that has already been verified by Jr. himself.

nerdz fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jul 11, 2017

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY

JazzFlight posted:

He must be celebrating his non-zero chance of becoming president.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

evilweasel posted:

arguably accepting the pardon is an admission of guilt, but you do not have to actually plead guilty or actually say anything at all (except if you get charged, to plead that you have a full pardon for the charged offenses)

It's no longer possible to reject a pardon. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biddle_v._Perovich

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
I've been using internet archive's wayback machine to compare news today with news in mid-July 2009, six months into Obama's first term. It's kind of surreal, looking at Fox News and seeing... Basically nothing of note regarding the President. I had to check twice to confirm I was on the front page and that it had loaded correctly.

Nothing scandalous was going on. It's not even slightly comparable to today, even when looking to the places that leapt at any excuse to attack Obama. The whole mustard scandal was back in May, and his healthcare plan was just getting rolling. Nothing bigger had come along since, aside from some crackpot rich guy yelling that he wanted to see Obama's birth certificate.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Trumps are like the Bluth family, only every single one of them has Buster's intelligence and Lucille's moral compass.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shifty Pony posted:

Because surely he would be smart enough to see how this would burn him too.

Oh you sweet Summer child

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

This rear end in a top hat lied twice in the same speech for the administration. He has no credibility.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Shifty Pony posted:

Hard to say, but he certainly has a shitload more skin in the game than DJT Jr.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

farraday posted:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/884801692709126144

Cruz responds to questions on Trumps relationship with Putin.

DO NOT WATCH IF YOU'RE INCLINED TO PUNCH YOUR MONITOR.

'Media obsession with Russia"
I've got to hand it to the republicans, when they add a phrase to the playbook everybody gets the memo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/pwnallthethings/status/884806515974189059

• Locked thread