Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

bring back old gbs posted:

ehhh, I hope he's just a neutral party where sometimes he's working against the team doing a job, but if poo poo goes too sideways he'll help out.

I hope it's a romantic buddy comedy where he and Barry are best buds but they accidentally started dating the same girl and it sets off a series of hilarious pranks and misadventures as they each try to sabotage eachother's chances, but in the end, they realize their friendship is more important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

howe_sam posted:

Stabbed a lot of people in the chest with his vibro hand?

All those people are from a different timeline so basically don't exist. I'll give you his mom but she probably deserved it too.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Invalid Validation posted:

All those people are from a different timeline so basically don't exist. I'll give you his mom but she probably deserved it too.

We could ask the Harrison Wells of Earth-1...oh wait, Thawne killed him.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
You can't murder someone who has been dead for centuries.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ojjeorago posted:

You can't murder someone who has been dead for centuries.

The Time Idiots: CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Its Rinaldo posted:

The Time Idiots: CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

Yeah, that entire show feels like a series of hold my beer moments, and yet it works.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Shaddak posted:

Yeah, that entire show feels like a series of hold my beer moments, and yet it works.

That's because it's superheroic idiots doing it and each engages in a different flavor of it while completely earnest and honest about it.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Apparently Miltos Yerolemou from Game of Thrones has been cast as DeVoe for season 4, if Cavanagh's facebook is any indication.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

howe_sam posted:

We could ask the Harrison Wells of Earth-1...oh wait, Thawne killed him.

He also murdered Simon Stagg way back in season one.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Scyantific posted:

Apparently Miltos Yerolemou from Game of Thrones has been cast as DeVoe for season 4, if Cavanagh's facebook is any indication.

"What do we say to the God of Speed?" / "I ain't gotta explain poo poo."

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

nine-gear crow posted:

"What do we say to the God of Speed?" / "I ain't gotta explain poo poo."

:golfclap:

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

nine-gear crow posted:

To me, Flash should be that one moment from the pilot where after Barry saves Joe's rear end from Weather Wizard, they both just kinda fall down and start laughing uncontrollably over how much loving fun it is to be a wacky comic book super hero.

Just that moment, forever. Come on guys, it's not that hard. You managed it for most of Season 1...

That's a very memorable moment for me, alongside Joe asking Barry how he did that voice and Barry showed him, and they both laughed.

I think what I wanted isn't so much a fun superhero show starring a happy superhero backed by a team of his best friends, but just Grant Gustin and Jesse L. Martin laughing around each other. Or just the characters they're playing laughing around each other. Come on, why not?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
I'm watching season 2, with what Zoom keeping Wells-2's daughter locked up. So I've been thinking, given it's been taking god knows how much TV time to resolve that issue, what happens in the background during that time? Does Zoom visit every day, go "Aaaauuuughhhrrrrrrr!" and then toss a paper bag with stuff from Jitters into the cage?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Combat Pretzel posted:

I'm watching season 2, with what Zoom keeping Wells-2's daughter locked up. So I've been thinking, given it's been taking god knows how much TV time to resolve that issue, what happens in the background during that time? Does Zoom visit every day, go "Aaaauuuughhhrrrrrrr!" and then toss a paper bag with stuff from Jitters into the cage?
[in very sinister voice] Do you want to play backgammon

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Same applies to those clowns locked up in Star Labs, who feeds them?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Combat Pretzel posted:

Same applies to those clowns locked up in Star Labs, who feeds them?

Cisco brings them burgers for every meal.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

According to the season one blog he also made them his grandma's enchiladas.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

8one6 posted:

According to the season one blog he also made them his grandma's enchiladas.

I refuse to believe if he had regular contact with prisoners there wouldn't be a plot point about at least one of them escaping every week.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I'm concerned about Barry locking up Thawne during Flashpoint. Barry says he's been in that timeline for MONTHS! Thawne was in a loving cage, not even STAR Labs Brig, just a loving cage. But I guess Barry being a monster is kind of passe by now.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

No Butt Stuff posted:

I refuse to believe if he had regular contact with prisoners there wouldn't be a plot point about at least one of them escaping every week.
Well to be fair, Black Siryn escaped off-camera, so all the others probably have at some point also.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Grem posted:

I'm concerned about Barry locking up Thawne during Flashpoint. Barry says he's been in that timeline for MONTHS! Thawne was in a loving cage, not even STAR Labs Brig, just a loving cage. But I guess Barry being a monster is kind of passe by now.
Remember at the end of Season 1 where it was like "gee, why does Thawne really hate Barry so much?" and they left it as a mystery?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Grem posted:

How did Thawne poop? Or take a shower? Or brush his teeth?

Like, his cage should have been a miasma of stink and filth.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Aleph Null posted:

Are you asking us to explain poo poo? 'Cause I think you know why we don't have to...

he pooped into the Speed Force

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

FactsAreUseless posted:

Remember at the end of Season 1 where it was like "gee, why does Thawne really hate Barry so much?" and they left it as a mystery?
I would personally love for an episode or two giving us Thawne's backstory for this universe. We know he was definitely a flash fanboy gone wrong. I don't know why the show doesn't want to use their strongest villain* more often.

(*this is not including snart, who went off to legends and got killed)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Really Barry just has to stay there till he cleans up the poop.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Aleph Null posted:

Speed Force showers.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
http://www.newsobserver.com/entertainment/arts-culture/article161151338.html

quote:

It was the end of 1969, and teenager John Wesley Shipp and his older sister Karen were planning their annual Christmas party. The guest list included both black and white kids, a scandalous notion in the slowly integrating town of Wake Forest.

At the time, Shipp’s father was the pastor of a Baptist church in a rural area called The Harricane, just outside of town, and he had always taught his children that all people are equal. The elder Shipp had always been open about his pro-integration views, to the point that he was surprised that particular church hired him. Yet, once word got out that the Shipps were planning a racially integrated party, his church called a deacons meeting.

A little past 9 o’clock, a shotgun blast ripped through our house,” Shipp recalls. . The only reason no one was hurt, Shipp says, is that the popcorn popper had just finished and everyone had walked into the kitchen.

“I was looking at (Dad) across the room, and he got what had happened and said, ‘Cut the lights and hit the floor,’ ” Shipp says. Then his dad armed himself and stepped out to defend the house – just in case – while his mom called the police.

His pastor dad lost his job for allowing that integrated party, but not before preaching one last service at that church. Shipp proudly remembers his father standing in the pulpit, singing, “Red and yellow, black and white / they are precious in his sight / Jesus loves the little children of the world.”

“At the end of that, they called a special business meeting and dad was fired,” Shipp says. “We were told to be out of the community by sundown, for our own safety.”

But the teenaged Shipp refused to run: if his friends who lived in Wake Forest couldn’t escape, he and his sister wouldn’t either. So they stayed with friends of the family for six more tense months, until the school year was out. The teens couldn’t go anywhere alone. They were threatened at ball games, and Shipp recalls the late North Carolina senator Jesse Helms calling his father a communist on TV. (His father went on to lead a multicultural, multi-ethnic, multidenominational ministry.)

I can in no way shape or form imagine how much of a hardcore badass you'd have to be to be openly defiant against racism in a deep South town in the late 60s. It's like playing Flash is less heroic then what he's done in his normal life.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

That's an amazing (and sad, at the same time) story. I've followed Shipp on Twitter for a while, he's usually sharing fairly anti-GOP stuff so it's interesting to see that his politics were probably informed by how he was raised.

As I understand it, Baptists are not the most accepting of people. His father must have been one-of-a-kind.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

So in season 2, when Elsa had Zoom pinned down, any particular reason why Wells and Cisco didn't just unload their fancy special Anti-Meta guns into Zoom?

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

Combat Pretzel posted:

So in season 2, when Elsa had Zoom pinned down, any particular reason why Wells and Cisco didn't just unload their fancy special Anti-Meta guns into Zoom?

Because, when you are fighting you take turns, duh.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Season 3 trailer is up on Facebook.

Blah.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Rhyno posted:

Season 3 trailer is up on Facebook.

Blah.
Here's the youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYDdu_mC6cI

I'm seconding the blah. Looks like the odds are good that Barry will be back within the first episode.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

8one6 posted:

Here's the youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYDdu_mC6cI

I'm seconding the blah. Looks like the odds are good that Barry will be back within the first episode.

Caitlyn last year: "I'm not Caitlyn Snow anymore. I need to figure out who I am." / Caitlyn this year: "Apparently I'm actually Caitlyn Snow. Hi guys! I'm back now!"

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Haha they're using the Samuroids? Welp I guess we finally reached the bottom of the barrel.

Not too concerned about Barry being back, I figured that would either be strongly hinted at if not outright done by the end of the first episode anyway. Would have loved to see Wally get more time as the solo Flash (ideally with Garrick mentoring him like in Wally's actual run) but it's Grant's show after all.

jwalrus
Jul 27, 2007

Guy A. Person posted:

Haha they're using the Samuroids? Welp I guess we finally reached the bottom of the barrel.

Not too concerned about Barry being back, I figured that would either be strongly hinted at if not outright done by the end of the first episode anyway. Would have loved to see Wally get more time as the solo Flash (ideally with Garrick mentoring him like in Wally's actual run) but it's Grant's show after all.

I'm hoping that they do the "Return of Barry Allen" storyline, complete with Max and Jay backing up Wally. It's one of my favorites from that era, and this is a pretty good setup for it. Notice they never showed Barry's face. Doesn't have to be Thawne, either; could be a parallel universe evil version of Barry, or some other handwave. I want Max to show up and be Wally's Yoda.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

nine-gear crow posted:

Caitlyn last year: "I'm not Caitlyn Snow anymore. I need to figure out who I am." / Caitlyn this year: "Apparently I'm actually Caitlyn Snow. Hi guys! I'm back now!"
This is by far the most grating thing to me. What was even the point of hinting a status quo change for her if they revert her right back appearance wise + have her return to the team within a few months?

jwalrus posted:

I'm hoping that they do the "Return of Barry Allen" storyline, complete with Max and Jay backing up Wally. It's one of my favorites from that era, and this is a pretty good setup for it. Notice they never showed Barry's face. Doesn't have to be Thawne, either; could be a parallel universe evil version of Barry, or some other handwave. I want Max to show up and be Wally's Yoda.

Personally I'd love to see a younger Thawne show up, wearing a Flash suit and going through a period of being the hero.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Danny Trejo is showing up to menace Cisco as Gypsy's dad.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

jwalrus posted:

Well the reason they don't show the Flash's face is because as we saw in the leaked set photos, it's Wally in the suit.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Apparently they're doing another musical episode. Hopefully they can fix up the little annoying bits from the last one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

Apparently they're doing another musical episode. Hopefully they can fix up the little annoying bits from the last one.

You mean all of it?

• Locked thread