Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Stymie posted:

pc gaming is properly done on desktops

if you want to play high quality games on the go, nintendo has a variety of portable gaming devices including the new nintendo switch

alternatively, grow up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Xaris posted:

i for some reason did not connect people tallking about razerstore to be the actual deatheater led mouse guys, and i just had the same epiphany :(

there is one nearm e apparently, time to go!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bru0q8g6XWE

im the incredibly dark room lit by green leds so no one can see how ugly i am like its Q-zar lazer-zone 1994

*head back, screaming, waving arms wildly* COMPUTER RETAIL JUBILATION!!!!!!

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

my bitter bi rival posted:

alternatively, grow up.

i'm confused by this because I didn't recommend console games, the inferior, childish choice

please explain

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

i had an xps 15 once, the only two things that stood out were that the cpu fan never turned off and that the bezel came off four different panels

piece of poo poo

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

this is an apple store run through unreal engine

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

this is an apple store run through unreal engine

colored lighting!! :pcgaming:

and uh, hey, has anyone checked on kirk?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

I bought the razer

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Rex-Goliath posted:

I bought the razer

let the buyer's remorse begin!

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Rex-Goliath posted:

I bought the razer

ban

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

two finger scrolling already seems to be broken. cool. #cool

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

never mind restarting fixed it. windows was being bitchy for some reason

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Rex-Goliath posted:

never mind restarting fixed it. windows was being bitchy for some reason

windows seems to be terrible on anything not a desktop. i ended up getting a surface pro 4 and it's got some ridiculous problems i never expected to encounter on a 1st party device

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

man i'm setting up noscript again and i forget which of these bajillion sites serve good scripts vs which ones are bad ughghfhguf

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Boiled Water posted:

i had an xps 15 once, the only two things that stood out were that the cpu fan never turned off and that the bezel came off four different panels

piece of poo poo

Are you sure you didn't have a Microsoft Surface Pro 3? Perhaps a Pro 4?

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

Are you sure you didn't have a Microsoft Surface Pro 3? Perhaps a Pro 4?

all gnu/windows laptops are indistinguishable in their shittiness

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol @ osx users still pretending to like their macs. *in jealous rage* "nnnooooo... the xps15 is better than a mac in every way but its not my brand!!!"

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i wouldn't piss on a windows laptop if it was on fire

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

yeah the only thing that's really bugging me so far is the trackpad scrolling is just 'not right' but i understood that I'd be sacrificing that by leaving Apple.

besides that the build quality seems genuinely p dece and the fans aren't audible at all when you do normal stuff so idk what everyone was moaning about there

still want to fire up doom or something on high settings to see if this starts throttling or not

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

use linux with libinput

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Shaggar posted:

lol @ osx users still pretending to like their macs. *in jealous rage* "nnnooooo... the xps15 is better than a mac in every way but its not my brand!!!"

too bad about it running gnu/windows

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Rex-Goliath posted:

yeah the only thing that's really bugging me so far is the trackpad scrolling is just 'not right' but i understood that I'd be sacrificing that by leaving Apple.

besides that the build quality seems genuinely p dece and the fans aren't audible at all when you do normal stuff so idk what everyone was moaning about there

still want to fire up doom or something on high settings to see if this starts throttling or not

razer has perfected the art of products that feel real solid right up until they fall apart

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

lol it's bricked. was sitting watching YouTube last night and the screen flickered then went black. nothing I did made it come back so I did a hard shut down. now it won't turn on.

:drum:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Rex-Goliath posted:

lol it's bricked. was sitting watching YouTube last night and the screen flickered then went black. nothing I did made it come back so I did a hard shut down. now it won't turn on.

that's our razer! v:shobon:v *plonky music stinger, quick zoom, massive laugh track overdub*

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

if I can't get a free extended warranty out of Microsoft or razer after this I might ditch this gambit entirely and just get a 13" MacBook Air.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
you should just get an xps15

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Rex-Goliath posted:

owned

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Shaggar posted:

you should just get an xps15

maybe. I can't get over how ugly that thing was though and not in the endearing thinkpad way

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
it looks fine.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Shaggar posted:

it looks fine.

not really. a professional kind of fine maybe, in the same way beige plastic boxes looked professional. there are so few other good options (just buy the x1c people) that aesthetics don't get very high priority though

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Someone should have the courage to make a new beige laptop imo

burning swine
May 26, 2004

r u ready to WALK posted:

Someone should have the courage to make a new beige laptop imo

yesssss

i want one that starts beige and yellows even more if exposed to sunlight, like an old snes

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

not really. a professional kind of fine maybe, in the same way beige plastic boxes looked professional. there are so few other good options (just buy the x1c people) that aesthetics don't get very high priority though

it's more that every laptop maker still tries to copy the macbook/macbook air look

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

it looks better than the current macbooks which have ugly rear end bezels

burning swine
May 26, 2004

i think it looks good, especially the exterior. I could do without the faux-carbon fiber or whatever it is on the inside, but, meh

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the carbon fiber is better than a metal pad that overheats like on the mac books

burning swine
May 26, 2004

concur

also i think it's "macs book"

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
after using it a while now, I can say that the screen on this elitebook is trash for the dumpster. at least the dock is alright

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

after using it a while now, I can say that the screen on this elitebook is trash for the dumpster. at least the dock is alright

if it's the ultraslim dock, well, it's alright when it works. the latches are really delicate though. if you have one of the big zbooks with the thunderbolt dock then ah-hahahahaha no that thing is not alright it is a loving dumpster fire (but i suspect everything regarding thunderbolt on windows is a dumpster fire atm)

most business laptops have poo poo screens tbh, some are worse than others. kicking myself for getting a touchscreen equipped model, thought i could just ignore it but it's the glossiest screen i have ever seen. it was cheap off ebay and is just a secondary loving-around computer so i don't care too much though

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Silver Alicorn posted:

my work machine is an elitebook, it is bad and the corp image which disables all the function buttons and breaks audio makes it even worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

i wonder how much money HP would loose if they stopped selling dogshit configurations of their laptops like 1366x768 screens, 320GB platter drive, 4GB RAM

• Locked thread