Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just from watching the Tigers all year, Miguel Cabrera looks injured to me. I hope he somehow rebounds. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Rand alPaul posted:

Just from watching the Tigers all year, Miguel Cabrera looks injured to me. I hope he somehow rebounds. :ohdear:

wouldn't surprise me, but I think he'll have a big 2nd half.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

wouldn't surprise me, but I think he'll have a big 2nd half.

Even when he's injured he's good for like .850 OPS so yeah definitely pick him up. There's also some evidence that he's trying way too hard because the team is floundering and the clubhouse mood is like a funeral.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rand alPaul posted:

the clubhouse mood is like a funeral.

Didn't their owner just die

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Started a new job a few weeks ago, and was told about the office league. Figures it would be the accountants who were in to fantasy baseball.

They have a 12 team AL only league with 2 catchers. What sort of self-hatred would cause someone to set up those rules?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Moneyball posted:

Started a new job a few weeks ago, and was told about the office league. Figures it would be the accountants who were in to fantasy baseball.

They have a 12 team AL only league with 2 catchers. What sort of self-hatred would cause someone to set up those rules?

So there are 24 potential C slots with only 15 starting catchers? Yikes.

I feel like I'd just punt C (or at least my second C slot) and let everyone else worry about it. That's pretty much what I do with closers now.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
That's an old-school setup. Is it 4x4 roto? I am rostering Phegley and Maxwell in my version!

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

AFAIK it's a normal roto league with a FAAB system. The guy who told me about it has Donaldson and is real nervous because apparently there are trade rumors surrounding him? I haven't been keeping up because I just lost interest this year.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Roto was historically al only two catchers . It's the historic league comp

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
In the land of the AL-Only 2 Catcher league, the guy who drafted Alex Avila is king.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Drafted Alex Avila and picked up Wilson Ramos: Profit

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Moneyball posted:

AFAIK it's a normal roto league with a FAAB system. The guy who told me about it has Donaldson and is real nervous because apparently there are trade rumors surrounding him? I haven't been keeping up because I just lost interest this year.

the cards are interested apparently

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I went to check and update my fantasy teams this morning and got sad

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

I went to check and update my fantasy teams this morning and got sad

Me, but every day this year.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Somebody drafted pitching

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
You know, I was going to just list how badly my team is underperforming and how unlucky I've been (which are both true), but then I went and looked at my draft and... you're right. I did draft too much pitching, and I missed on just about all of them:

Keeping Porcello was a bad decision, Oh has been bad, Glasnow, Ross, and Snell have all been really bad (and have all been dropped), Ottavino and Madson :barf:

This whole draft is poo poo, possibly excluding Colome and Iglesias. (I'd say Thames also, but then I dropped him two weeks in.) Shameful.

e: Yeah, on April 9th. For Brandon McCarthy. A harbringer of the season ahead...
VVVVVV

SouthShoreSamurai fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jul 12, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

This whole draft is poo poo, possibly excluding Colome and Iglesias. (I'd say Thames also, but then I dropped him two weeks in.) Shameful.

Dropped him?!

(Says me, the guy who dropped Judge for Owings in one league a couple weeks in, and then dropped Owings for ???)

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

You know, I was going to just list how badly my team is underperforming and how unlucky I've been (which are both true), but then I went and looked at my draft and... you're right. I did draft too much pitching, and I missed on just about all of them:

Keeping Porcello was a bad decision, Oh has been bad, Glasnow, Ross, and Snell have all been really bad (and have all been dropped), Ottavino and Madson :barf:

I reached early on Kevin Gausman, Sean Manaea, Matt Moore, Koda Glover and Robert Gsellman. All of those guys are gone (Manaea because of an ever-filling DL slot crunch and I wanted to gamble on... Rich Hill).

I'd say the main difference here is I streamed and held on to Alex Wood. He has saved my entire staff while Bumgarner has been out.

E: I drafted Ken Giles and Kelvin Herrera as my RPs. They've been pretty meh, but I got lucky with closers in free agency (Rivero, Knebel and Brach).

Pandanaut fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jul 13, 2017

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

e: Yeah, on April 9th. For Brandon McCarthy. A harbringer of the season ahead...
VVVVVV

I also bought into Iglesias and he's been my best closer. In fact if it weren't for my middle relievers/closers my ERA/WHIP would be dead last.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Moneyball posted:

Somebody drafted pitching

It's insane how true this statement is every single year. I drafted Carlos Martinez, Rich Hill, Danny Salazar, and traded for Yu Darvish. They're all doing about as well or worse than my waiver pick ups of Jimmy Nelson, Drew Pomeranz, Sean Manaea, and Danny Duffy.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I just traded Kershaw for Trout because I'd grabbed Wood and Miller off the wire and needed to upgrade my dogshit offense. And I have Bumgarner coming off the DL this weekend. Trying to get someone to give me a mediocre pitcher in exchange for Hanley or Kinsler but nobody's biting.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Miguel Cabrera maybe hitting poorly because apparently Venezuelan kidnappers are threatening to murder his family unless he pays them protection money.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I really want one (or more) of your closers and have no idea what to offer, it sucks :(

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/Cubs/status/885520252192292864

maybe he'll stop sucking now

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

I really want one (or more) of your closers and have no idea what to offer, it sucks :(

You have more than 10 keepers, it looks like. I'd start with one of those. :D

You were looking to move Reyes earlier this year, there could be something there that works too.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
What's the deal with Kyle Seager? Is he going to have a big second half? I don't know enough about batted ball profiles to know what to look for.

Would you rather have Seager or Moustakas ROS?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

You were looking to move Reyes earlier this year, there could be something there that works too.

Oh man I totally forgot about him

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Rand alPaul posted:

Miguel Cabrera maybe hitting poorly because apparently Venezuelan kidnappers are threatening to murder his family unless he pays them protection money.

ah yes the ol wilson ramos trick

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Teemu Pokemon posted:

ah yes the ol wilson ramos trick

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2017/07/miguel_cabrera_venezuela_threa.html

quote:

"If I go to Venezuela 'they'll break me, they'll kill me'"

"I'm tired of paying protection money so they don't kidnap my mother"

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Is Joey Gallo droppable in a 10-team redraft? I mean, I understand how good he'd be if he could hit .250, but he's got the worst whiff % in the majors and watching his ABs, he sure swings through a ton of pitches. Think he might legit be a .200 hitter.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

yes. keeper league is a whole different story

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I have him in a obp league which means it works kind of

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

the only problem with him in an obp league is playing time.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Someone in my league dropped Trevor Cahill. I'm thinking about dropping Jacob Faria to grab him. Y/N?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Abel Wingnut posted:

the only problem with him in an obp league is playing time.

Well, that, and his terrible OBP :D

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Johnny Cueto pure hot garbage.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Thanks for letting the Mets start off the second half with a bang Jon, but did you have to absolutely wreck my poo poo

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

it seems like there are maybe five reliable starters. everyone else is chaos

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
bewbies, the morning of July 14: "hey, Jon Gray looks like a good streaming matchup!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Would you rather have Kyle Schwarber or Wilson Ramos in an H2H categories league?

• Locked thread