Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Next update's going to be a doozy, strap into your seats

(in like, the next couple of days)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Episode 14 - Fall of the Duke

A final corridor 'twixt us and the duke.

Kilmotos could stand to take a few lessons from old mate here.

Enemy Composition:

Purple

Marino (Terror Knight)
H. Knight x4
H. Wizard x2
H. Archer x3
H. Warrior
H. Ninja

In spite of the fact the enemy outlevel us, this mission is far easier than the last.

The difficulty in the last level was the 1 2 3 combo of one hard hit, and with sufficient RT to ensure that the two mediocre hits was sufficient to take down any of our characters.

The enemy here do not have this advantage.

This enemies strength is in its resilience.

Which is traditionally our domain, outlast and take out their DPS in surgical strikes.

so in spite of the fact that they've got the level advantage on us, this fight doesn't worry me because they do not move as a group

This lets me kill their flanking party before their main force even arrives, AND soften them up from focusing on offence.

Makes the fight something of a foregone conclusion in a lot of respects.

Can't speak for anyone else, but when I drink wine, I tend to get stunned, not heal my stuns.

:69synpa:

:saddowns:

The enemy loves to attack Kilmotos, and he just loves serenading them to sleep.

Not entirely clear here, but that was Snipette with a downtown dunk. Not quite a kill. But close.

I've cut a lot of the enemy heals out, suffice it to say with four knights, there's a lot of healing.

That's a new one! It's a Knight TP move that drops a shadow clone of the knight in place complete with rampart aura. I forget how much HP they have tbh, I'm pretty sure it's enough to take a hit or two but you're wasting your time.

Memory serves me that someone (Ninjas) have a counter TP move that autodestroys them.

Baiting the Enchantress into getting close enough for a Canopus Bolt.

Snipette follows through. You'll notice I moved her out of cover to do so.

Another succesful lecture from Kilmotos.

He dropped a "star" card that boosts Dex. Lenneth picks this up.

She moved out of cover because she's in no danger of death.

The Enchantress has moved close enough that she's in kill range.

Very dead.

Landing 2 out of 3 on a 40% chance to land is a good effort.

Shackle has a stupid cool animation.

Good one two combo from Snipette and Canopus there.

Marino arrives on the scene and beelines for Kilmotos.

Kilmotos has a chilling vision of the future of slashing Marino, missing and getting counter crit knocked back for 50 damage, so instead takes a long shot stun at the far off archer which amusingly lands.

Canopus taking a lesson from the AI.

Officially on cleanup.

gently caress! That hit HEALBOT and Kilmotos down to gently caress all health. Thankfully, I've got HEAL 2! for this next scene.

Heal 2 heals 60 hp for 30mp as opposed to 38-42 for 15mp. Yeah healing in this game's kind of a wet fart.

Absolutely necessary, but gently caress it needs a revamp.

Be proud Grid, you've taken more damage than anyone else in the mission, it took two extremely hard hitting finishing moves to knock you down.

(Sonic Blade's the Tier 1 finishing move for 2 handed swords - it just hits bloody hard, about 1.5x a normal melee hit, anecdotally).

Vengeance for Kilmotos.

We pick up a +2 mp card for Levi.

The enemy knight drops a Rending Gale on Levi, unfortunately for her he's ripped so it doesn't do much to deter him.

That is so infuriating.

1 hp left!

Anyway, speeding along now.

Levi picks up the DEATH card which boosts...

it boosts Luck? well, ok I guess.

*stumble*

Bye now

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Episode 15 - I will fear no reproach

:siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMou6yl09wo

It is well worth watching the video as opposed to the screenshots. Can't capture audio in screenshots.

The fight in the update, and the fight in the video, are different fights.

Same outcome, different actions.

God I love this line, it's just so... perfect.

--------------

Levi elbows Catiua out of the way here.

*not pictured, a bolt striking at Leonars foot*

It's just Levi now.

Levi, and Catiua.

Vyce, and Arycelle.

and Leonar.

I have opinions on Leonar.

Namely that I dislike him as a character, but I think he's fairer and genuinely regretful of the things that he's done than is portrayed in the game mostly.

Much of why I feel this way is due to the coming scenes.

he strikes me as someone who genuinely wants the best for his people, and is disillusioned by a man he once had great respect for.

But it's that respect turned resentment that makes him regret his actions on the night Balmamusa burned.

The fight itself isn't difficult. Leonar hits hard-ish, but the main irritation is how little damage he takes, and how much he loves to spam Phalanx (this is another Knight TP move, that reduces all damage taken by 90% for the remainder of your turn).

Which, given Phalanx costs 50tp, means he uses it nearly every turn.

You guys spoke about the Juxtaposition between Vyce and Levi. That's a good conversation.

It's my opinion that in spite of the fact I've not finished the law route yet, that Law Vyce is infinitely better written a character than C Vyce.

C Vyce is essentially the joker version of Vyce as a character. Obsessed with power for the sake of power. Petty, malicious, and takes a joy in causing harm to people.

He's like a mad dog.

Back to my earlier point, it strikes me that in this battle, Leonar is playing a part, that he's not really trying to kill Levi here, but so much as testing him.

He now sees what the others see, that the nobility are the cause of their misery, but he also knows that Levi is too soft to win the war as he is. Too ready to follow orders. He needs to stand up and lead.

So he does the hard part. He murders the duke because, even if we had selected the other option, he knows that Levi could not do so.

And then he sets himself against Levi, in an attempt to remove anyone who Levi has ever considered his senior. And both the ones who sullied the boys hands, something he knows is eating the boy up inside, because it's also eating him.

By removing the Duke, and forcing Levi to slay him, he forces Levi to confront what he's done and make peace with his actions, or inactions of the night, and start looking forward, instead of back.

These are ultimately my thoughts on the story, so far, it's not official and it's as valid as anyone elses (except for Tallgeese's ongoing fanfiction: Mastema & Leonar: it's on), but it's what I feel is consistent with Leonars character.

A morally grey, conflicted character.

God damnit Vyce. You got more noble, but you didn't get any smarter.

Thankfully, Leonar doesn't heal himself at all during this fight, so it's just a cause of healing the damage he does to Vyce and slowly whittling him down.

It's not challenging, except for preventing him getting close to Catiua.

Ouch, naturally if anyone dies, it's game over.

Arycelle with the finish.

He's not wrong in my interpretation, but I don't think he wanted to lead.

Leonar's never struck me as a leader.

End of Chapter two

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

In the words of a certain ninja, well...that could have gone better.

Andyzero
May 22, 2009

I used to spoil, I'm sorry.
In the SNES/PSX version, Aloser aka Arycelle is dead at this point; she was only recruitable in the Chaos Path.

Levi only killed guards in Balamusa, not the actually townfolk. (Still accessory to genocide); something directly commented on. I ''think'' it's more implied he killed villagers directly in the original. (Someone correct me?)

Technically, had Levi's group and the Duke been less dramatic, they could have technically engaged the Dark Knights when they attacked Heim. This will come up much, much later.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Andyzero posted:

Technically, had Levi's group and the Duke been less dramatic, they could have technically engaged the Dark Knights when they attacked Heim. This will come up much, much later.

That also sounds like a terrible idea.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Andyzero posted:

In the SNES/PSX version, Aloser aka Arycelle is dead at this point; she was only recruitable in the Chaos Path.

yep. the remake heavily favors the law path, in that you get quite a few people who probably should have only been recruitable on the chaos path.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I'm the Spaceborn Aliens Firefox tab.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Gridlocked posted:

I'm the Spaceborn Aliens Firefox tab.

http://www.stellariswiki.com/Spaceborne_aliens#Enigmatic_Fortress

:ssh:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I love how Duke Baddecisions doesn't even see this coming.

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
Maybe it's just me, but I honestly think that in the PSP art style, Leonar resembles an older, hardened Denam Levi. Sort of gave me a "this could have been you under different circumstances" vibe. Like I said though, just my own dumb interpretations.

Also yes, Arycelle for everyone is a good thing! Even though it further disincentiveses going Chaos outside of not wanting to be a big jerk man who gets poo poo done.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Chapter 3 - Episode 1

Deceiver & Deceived.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN5o4qznOfA

There's 10 seconds of stuttering at the start. You're missing nothing by jumping forward.

Four weeks have passed since the Arkhaiopolis of Rhime fell to the Bakram armies in Hard-Fought battle.

Swift on the heels of their victory, it seemed certain they would continue their march toward Almorica castle. Yet the Bakram did not stir.

In Phidoch castle, too, the Dark Knights sat silent. The eyes of Valeria watched to see whether they would at last choose to quit their fastness and cast their lot with war.

Not content to sit by and wait, Hierophant Balbatos set out to capture Almorica castle at the head of a massive host. In crushing the Castle's Defenses with overwhelming force, he hoped to minimize his own losses while deterring the Bakram advance.

With the Burnham Massif standing as a natural barrier protecting the seat of Galgastani power in Coritanae, any invading armies would be force to to pass first through Almorica castle.

The Terrain at his advantage, Balbatos saw little danger in committing the forces of Coritanae keep to the siege on Almorica.

As the Galgastani armies emerge from the Psonji Weald, Word of Balbatos's plans reaches Levi.

In Summary, thanks to the magic of GEOLOGY geography we're trapped in a pincer movement between the Bakram / Dark Knights to our North, who are strangely complacent since the capture of Rhime (but who totally have the skill and means to loving murder us), and the Galgastani to our West, who massively outnumber us and are literally coming for our head.

We're not in a good place.

As I do not have an avatar for Balxephon, he will continue to be played by his understudy "Generic Male Wizard" for the purposes of this update

Thanks to Bif for fixing me up with some new Dark Knight avs for this - I don't know what I would do without her graphics skills. Not this LP, probably

: To act without leave of the high champion is strictly forbidden, whatever the circumstance.

: Time and again you were ordered to return, and each time you've ignored your orders! Only now do you deign to grace these halls.

: I am galled.

: You talk too much, Martym. And I have an ill temper.

: We do not answer to Brantyn! Speak true. You learned that the Xenobian Knights were Rhime and sought to do battle. Is it not so?

So the Dark Knights are the real power in Bakram and while ostensibly, Brantyn is the leader of the Bakram, the Dark Knights don't answer to him.

It looks like Tartaros and Balxephon, the current leaders of the Dark Knights didn't want to get involved in the war, but Barbas, being a brute wanted to and used the excuse of Brantyn wanting to carve out some territory, to challenge himself against the Holy Knight Lanselot.

:And what if it is? The Walister and Galgastani will hack each other into the ground.

: What more could we want for? You see fortune and call it calamity, Balxephon.

: Welcome back, Lord Commander. I see Ozma and Oz accompany you.

: We've received word that they rally on the Psonji Weald.

: They think to bring the fight to Almorica in the duke's absence. Good. Send a messenger to Volaq.

: Tell him to double their watch to ensure the Bakram - rather, the regent does not move without permission.

: As you command, sir.

: Barbas, I'm sending you to Heim.

: But Heim is leagues from the front!

: Steady, Barbas. I do not intend for you to serve as castellan for the regent, if that is your fear.

: The Liberation Front has freed Abuna Prancet from Heim Castle.

: What!?

You'll remember the Liberation front. We met one of their representatives briefly all the way back in Chapter 1. They're still active.

: Mannaflora's whereabouts elude us, and now the Abuna, the only man who might know, has gone missing as well.

: Barbas, I task you with a mission of utmost import. Recapture Abuna Prancet, whatever the cost.

Now who the hell is Mannaflorra, and why is she so important to the Dark Knights?

: Yes, Lord Commander.

----

There's supposed to be a cutscene that plays here, but for some reason it didn't? No screenshots to accompany this sadly, but feel free to read.

: We'll go on ahead. You finish up here.

: Vyce.... Can you forgive me?

: There's no forgiving what you've done. You were the duke's hand in the massacre. There are no words for one so low.

: ...

: But a man can repent. You did what you thought best. If I were a greater fool, I might have done the same. End this war, Denam. You owe the people of Balmamusa that much. Let that be your atonement.

: You...you have no right!

: No, sister. He has every right.

: Farewell, Denam.

: And you, Vyce.

: Someday the gods may forgive you. But I haven't.

----

: Do not tell me you intend to cross the Brigania Flats!

: This again? The pieces are already in motion, sister. If we do not move, then Vyce makes for his own doom in Psonji.

Flashback~

: You would match his folly with your own? The enemy has twice our number!

: What would you counsel us to do then? Wait here, polishing our armor!?

: Enough of that, Peyton. The Resistance is clearly unmanned.

: I see. First, they lose their duke, and now they can't find their spines! Ha!

The two chuckle.

: It's as Vyce says. If you wish to argue, you're free to leave!

: Our scouts report that even the garrison from Coritanae has taken the field.

: Do you understand? The opportunity presents itself to strike at the hierophant directly. If another means to victory exists, I do not know it.

: All well and good if we can reach Coritanae, but how do we do that?

: There is only one approach to Coritanae that will not alert them to our intent. We must advance from behind the keep, from the Brigania Flats.

: Impossible!

: For every step forward, we would slide back two!

: And yet, there is no other way.

: Think on it: The Hierophant would never expect attack from the flats.

: And Brigantys castle stands alone in that waste. We could hardly ask for a better fortified waypoint.

: I've no doubt you're up to the task.

: You'd better be. Or we'll be sitting decoy for naught!

: Let us pray to the Father that the cold does not wither your courage, hero! Ah ha ha!

The two chuckle, again.

Pictured: Peyton and Beylevra.

: I knew it. You're going to leave me.

: It's always about you, isn't it? Well I've had enough! If you want to go back to Golyat, go! I'll not stop you.

Bit of a bombshell that.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Was the rebellion doomed from the start, or were they just screwed by bad leadership?

I'm more familiar with FFTA and FFTA2. After seeing this game and FFT, I really wish those other games had more intricate plots.

tithin posted:

: Welcome back, Lord Commander. I see Oz, or some say Ozma, accompany you.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

It's a surprisingly nice name, isn't it! Sounds all meaningful in this context

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Solumin posted:

Was the rebellion doomed from the start, or were they just screwed by bad leadership?

if you read the unit nationality section, it tells you that the wallister make up 20% of the island's citizens, while the galgastani make up 70%.

the fact that the rebellion even made it this far was a miracle and a half.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So we're taking orders from Vyce even though he wants to kill us? Is that's what happening here?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is there a map available somewhere? I'm at the point where everything is kinda bleeding together.

Lodis and the Dark Knights are to the north somewhere. Where is the Good Knight Lanselot from?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is there a map available somewhere? I'm at the point where everything is kinda bleeding together.

Lodis and the Dark Knights are to the north somewhere. Where is the Good Knight Lanselot from?

I'll attempt to cover this soon

Glazius posted:

So we're taking orders from Vyce even though he wants to kill us? Is that's what happening here?

Vyce no longer wants to kill us. He wants us to atone.

Arycelle remains unconvinced.

Right now, Vyce and Levi are running the order of Empty quote, being the combination of the remnants of Duke Ronweys Walister resistance, and Levi's New Walister Alliance.

tithin fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jul 4, 2017

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

tithin posted:

Right now, Vyce and Levi are running the order of Empty quote, being the combination of the remnants of Duke Ronweys Levi's Walister resistance, and Levi's Vyces New Walister Alliance.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Thanks, I've had a poo poo of a day at work.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

tithin posted:

Thanks, I've had a poo poo of a day at work.

:beerpal:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Its really interesting to see levi and vyce working together after the chaos route.

Im sure there will be a vote soon where we stab him in the back for power the greater good.

Andyzero
May 22, 2009

Now that we're in chapter 4, be careful going to do the Pirate route; it's almost as bad as Ravness . It's worse for me. "Oh, be sure to go to this spot after this scene, but before this scene, and this spot before that scene, but before this scene."

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Andyzero posted:

Now that we're in chapter 4, be careful going to do the Pirate route; it's almost as bad as Ravness . It's worse for me. "Oh, be sure to go to this spot after this scene, but before this scene, and this spot before that scene, but before this scene."

that was the worst. beat the mission while like 4 levels lower than the enemy team, then forgot to do the follow up before a certain scene.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

The next update's a work in progress and is probably going to be a few more days because I blow with photoshop and i'm getting help with putting it together. I hope people like it when it's up though, I'm ~very proud~

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
bif needs to make some more gifs

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Episode 2 - State of the Union

Behold, the world.

In Blue, the Galgastani.
In Green, the combined forces of the Bakram (POI#3) and the Dark Knights Lodis (POI#5)
In Red, our heroes.

The following is not an exhaustive list of all characters, there's a LOT of characters in this game, but it is meant to bring you up to speed on the major players.

Order of Emptyquote

The Order of Emptyquote & its leaders, Levi, Vyce, Catiua & Arycelle are currently holed up in Almorica castle (POI#1), and planning to assault Coritanae Keep (POI#4) which is currently guarded by a skeleton staff comprising the leadership of the Galgastani and little else. The forces of Coritanae Keep have sallied to POI#2 (the Psonji Weald) to hook up with their main army to make one final push to wipe out The Order of Emptyquote once and for all.

Levi, our protagonist will be sailing around the coast to assault POI#4, while Vyce takes the majority of our army to hold off the Galgastani at the Psonji Weald.

Galgastan

The leader of the Galgastani forces, Hierophant Balbatos, is a calculating man.

Recognizing that the Walister have never been weaker than they are now, with the death of their previous leader and military strategist, he has intentionally gone all in to take Almorica castle, to wipe out the Walister once and for all, and to check the advance of the Bakram.

Balbatos remains at Coritanae Keep, the seat of the Galgastani castle, while his personal guard have sallied forth to POI#2 in order to make their final advance.

Bakram

The Bakram, or "Bakram-Valerian Kingdom", is led by the Regent / Steward, Brantyn Morne and have gone relatively uncommented on for the majority of the LP as they have had very little action in the two chapters prior to this.

This has now changed with their invasion of the Arkhaiopolos of Rhime (POI#3).

Their capital is The Royal City of Heim.

Currently, the Bakram armies are holding Rhime and are no longer moving, due to the orders of Lanselot Tartaros that the Dark Knights will proceed no further than they currently have, for reasons that are not entirely clear.

Lanselot did not support the invasion, and Brantyn's reasons for invasion are no clearer than the motivations of the Dark Knights.

The Dark Knights Lodis

Leader -

Lanselot Tartaros

Second in Command -

Balxephon Van Rahms

Lieutenants -

Andoras Gaffryn

Martyn Noumous

Barbas Dahd Geuse

Oz Moh Glacius

Ozma Moh Glacius

The actions of the Dark Knights are a mystery to our protagonists, but not to us. They seek someone by the name of "Mannaflorra" whos identity to us at this time remains a mystery.

Barbas Dahd Geuse heads to the royal city of Heim to seek the whereabouts of Abuna Prancet, the adoptive father to both Levi and to Catiua, who was taken by the Dark Knights all the way back in Chapter One. He apparently knows the location of this Mannaflorra character, but hasn't spoken of it for all the time they've held him.

Abuna has been sprung by the forces of the Liberation Front and is now in hiding with them.

Oz, and Ozma Moh Glacius, are tasked with the eradication of the Liberation Front, for having the temerity to get at least slight wind of the Dark Knights true plan.

Andoras continues to search for Mannaflorra herself.

Balxephon and Martym are tasked with merely watching the Galgastani and Walister war, and ensuring that Brantyn does not utilise them any further.

-------------

Levi opens up slot 8, nothing else for the moment. We're continuing to accrue points for upgrading our level 1 skills to 2 when they become available.

Kilmotos gets a point in Augment Darkness because :shrug:

Snipette gets point #8 and we invest into Trajectory. She doesn't really need it, but it's a nice thing to have.

Canopus gets a point into Anatomy, because what he really needs is to murder things better

i decide to blow some points into Rampart Shadow because TP is loving worthless to Voltare right now.

Donnalto gets some poo poo to make him more accurate and avoid arrows. He also finally gets double attack.

He also gets the equipment to go with it, so he'll start seeing some use in maybe, two or three fights from now.

Bit of a housekeeping update this one!

Some stuff we've seen, some stuff we haven't.

Turns out the people of Phidoch are such dickheads that people who've literally been burned out of house home and kin are willing to go back to the ruined husk that they call Rhime instead of dealing with them.

Not much to say there.

Leonar's officially fingered as the culprit of the uprising that killed the Duke, and Levi is officially a hero again.

This is our destination. It's a long road, but it's intended as a surprise assault.

If we play our cards right, we can decapitate the Galgastani and end the war.

ahahahaha

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Also, big ups to my main hombre bifauxnen for taking my straw and turning it into gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooold

(by which I mean she fixed up the map for me)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

:hfive:

oh here's that other thing we discussed:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I still can't believe how long it too you to realize Donny as a ninja was a TMNT reference Tithin.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh thank god, a recap. I don't mind stories in games, but man, with games like this, I lose track of things really quick. And it doesn't help when I can't remember places either.

What I'm saying is thank you for this update. This is a really good LP, and you should feel proud, Bifauxnen.

glocknar
May 17, 2017
That map and recap helps so much in understanding how hosed are heroes are. Good work

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bifauxnen posted:

:hfive:

oh here's that other thing we discussed:

holy poo poo

Gridlocked posted:

I still can't believe how long it too you to realize Donny as a ninja was a TMNT reference Tithin.

TMNT is not the first thing I think of when it comes to pop culture references

RareAcumen posted:

Oh thank god, a recap. I don't mind stories in games, but man, with games like this, I lose track of things really quick. And it doesn't help when I can't remember places either.

What I'm saying is thank you for this update. This is a really good LP, and you should feel proud, Bifauxnen.

glocknar posted:

That map and recap helps so much in understanding how hosed are heroes are. Good work

Glad you're both enjoying it

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I was hoping someone would pick this game back up, since the previous LP died off.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

So Levi is going to sail around the entire island and then march halfway across to reach the Castle

There is no way he makes that journey before the Psonji battle is long over and Galgastan falls back

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jul 11, 2017

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

I am enjoying seeing the Law route.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

I am enjoying seeing the Law route.

I guess I'm the weird guy out in that I did law my first run through. I thought it seemed more compelling to see how things would play out with the protagonist working within the system, so to speak. I tend towards law/authoritarian affiliations in games with the option for that reason. There are so many stories about the noble rebel or resistance fighter sticking it to the man in media - I like to see what happens when there are restrictions and larger political issues at play that test and impede a character from doing what they personally think is right.

Andyzero
May 22, 2009

You didn't show what happened to the original Galgastani Resistance. You know, Cistina, that woman we rescued back when. Her EXACT fate isn't shown; but her sister; Cerya (who we don't meet in this timeline) was raped to death in the original; and MAYBE just fought to the death in the remake.

You don't even see this cutscene in normal gameplay, you have to select it in the menu.

Andyzero fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jul 12, 2017

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Andyzero posted:

; but her sister; Cerya (who we don't meet in this timeline) was raped to death in the original

Wait, what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Yeah that's uh, news to me