Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Ellen wants to gently caress Greg, obviously

It's this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Catfished into someones house?

quote:

So I met a girl through kik messenger. Turned out she lived like a couple streets over from me. We talked for a couple days about what she's into, and she said she was really into like fantasy forced stuff. Through talking to her she agreed she wanted me to come over and have sex. So she told me when to come over, said she would be in her room and to come in the back door, which was clearly unlocked and opened just like she told me (have kik messages to prove). I go in and go in her room and sit down on the bed, it was dark so I had grabbed her leg accidentally not being able to see,reach over to kiss her and she starts freaking out and runs into the living room. I walk in there and ask her what is wrong with her, she proceeds to punch me in the head, and I just left out of the front door and walked home. I'm assuming she called the cops, in which case what can I do? I didn't harm her or touch her wrongly, and I have the messages to prove she told me to come over and everything. What should I do? Also, I started to think that what if it wasn't her that was messaging me. I am pretty sure it was, but I have the messages and pictures of her telling me exactly what she wanted with consent to everything. How should I go about this? I haven't been contacted by police in any way. Should I go to them? My state is Ohio.

You stupid motherfucker

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Danaru posted:

You stupid motherfucker

The next evolution from SWATting.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Ouch. Rape-SWATTED by the ex. At least dipshit rube was fended off.

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably
"No officer she WANTED me to invade her home and try to assault her"

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Danaru posted:

You stupid motherfucker

Lol @ this moron but poo poo, that's a dark prank. You play that on someone in Florida or another castle doctrine state and they could end up dead.

It reminds me of a guy I knew who used to gently caress around in AOL chatrooms. He would talk to people and ask where they lived, and act surprised that they lived in the same state, city, and then street. Then he'd tell them to go outside and wave to him. He got people to do this multiple times, despite them not seeing him, and even a few times in the rain.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
That was literally an episode of Law & Order: SVU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
It came from /r/deadbedrooms:

Had dinner with the ex-wife Friday night, had a chat, oh boy....

quote:

I posted last week here: https://www.reddit.com/r/DeadBedrooms/comments/6lf34m/been_ool_for_a_while_back_with_a_realization/

So last friday night I get a message from my ex wife, she says "Can we do dinner sometime, I have some things I need to discuss with you."

I had a bit of a knot in my stomach, for some reason I thought maybe she had seen my post, knowing that I had used to visit this sub, but that was not it.

So we meet up, order food, she has a glass of wine, takes my hand, tells me her therapist and her had a breakthrough, she tells me that she brought me to a public place so that we can both just be "honest" with no fear of "anything" and she kept reiterating that, like "Just so that we don't have to worry about Anything... ok?"

So I was thinking she wanted to get back together or something, just by how strange she was acting, like she expected me to hear her say "I want us back together!" and I'd throw my glass of water and scream at her? I have no idea at the time, now I do...

So she tells me the typical "I want you to know that I did enjoy our time together, you provided a father to my children, you raised them as if they were your own, you sacrificed for them, and they turned out wonderful, and for that I'm eternally grateful!"

She then pauses and says "I need to come clean with you, I've been lying to your face for a long time."

I say "Ok, honey, no matter what it is, I'm past it, it's ok, you don't have to hurt anymore, just say what you need to and we'll enjoy our lunch."

She starts crying, at first just a bit, then it turns into a full on breakdown. She's holding my hand, rubbing my finger, and just staring at my hands, her lip trembling, tears running all over the place.

I tell her to take her time, I'm starting to get really curious about what is going on, I'm REALLY starting to suspect she's about to ask me back now.

Suddenly she says "I was never there for you, and I want you to know why, Bob, and I never stopped seeing each other."

Bob is our kids biological father, who has managed to remain a low life jobless alcoholic for the past 18 or so years.

I freeze in place, I feel the sensation of time slowing down, like is described in movies etc, it feels like a knife is being shoved into my back.

I feel like I'm going to vomit, but my brain jumps to her defense, "You mean you were still in love with him right you weren't actually together right?"

"No, I'm so sorry, I'm so so so sorry."

I go out and sit in my car, just staring at my steering wheel, my hands are shaking.

She eventually comes outside and taps on my passenger window, I let her get in, she has regained her composure, I think that just telling me was the hardest part for her.

She informs me that she was still having sex with Bob as early as 6 months after we got married, that he would just show up on her lunch breaks, or after work, and they'd go get a motel, or go to his place.

She says she was "lost" and that looking back it was all a " mistake" and that she now realizes she killed our sex life, not me.

She tells me that the reason she went back to Bob, after me pressing her, was because I was "Too good" for her, and that she never thought I actually loved her.

I asked her what part of me taking on her kids, her, and her responsibilities made it seem like I didn't love her.

Shes says "I don't know."

I asked her if she was still with and seeing Bob, she said yes, I asked her if they had been sleeping together regularly over the years. She said yes.

She then asked me how many times I had cheated on her.

"none."

She sort of scoff / giggles "What...?"

"I never cheated, I was honest when I married you."

She seemed more surprised that I hadn't cheated on her, than that I was reduced to a man child in just 30 minutes of her being honest.

I eventually told her to get the hell out of my car and to never contact me again.

I am going to see my therapist this evening.

The one situation I had NEVER thought she was even physically capable of doing she apparently was doing, for 20 years, on a weekly basis.

By my math her ex husband had sex with my wife 48 times a year, for 20 years, while I got told to be patient.

I told her if she get's in an accident and needs help to just pull the plug, that I'd jump in a volcano before ever helping her again with ANYTHING, she looked at me as if I had betrayed her.

So now I'm back to being 12 again and wondering if anything I know is real. I just can't understand how she can be that way, hide it all these years so well, act like I'm the bad guy, then it turns out she was cheating on me all along, this whole time.

On top of that, my new HL GF, that seems awesome, when I told her about all of this, she informs me that she also has a proclivity for finding random men from time to time and that "it's just sex!" and now I don't find her attractive anymore either.

Goddamnit.
:rip:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
jfc :smith:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I know nowadays the word "cuck" gets thrown around carelessly but

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Haifisch posted:

You really need to bold that plot twist at the end. Good god.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Haifisch posted:

Its the pre-credits origin story scene of Murder Suicide man.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Barudak posted:

Its the pre-credits origin story scene of Murder Suicide man.
This dude selflessly raised someone else's kids while his wife ate at his self esteem and blamed every problem in their relationship on him. Their dead bedroom persisted while she slept with her deadbeat babydaddy behind his back. Years later when he is trying to move on with his life she actually meets back up just to rub his nose in her 20 year affair because she wants to get it off her chest.

honestly I feel like a jury would just mistrial it even if he did murder her.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

ArbitraryC posted:

This dude selflessly raised someone else's kids while his wife ate at his self esteem and blamed every problem in their relationship on him. Their dead bedroom persisted while she slept with her deadbeat babydaddy behind his back. Years later when he is trying to move on with his life she actually meets back up just to rub his nose in her 20 year affair because she wants to get it off her chest.

honestly I feel like a jury would just mistrial it even if he did murder her.

"Strangely there were no witnesses on that sunny, Saturday morning..."

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
What does HL mean? High libido?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

cumshitter posted:

What does HL mean? High libido?

Yeah.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
Hairy Legs

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
HeartLess

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I was kinda hoping it was hot lesbian since the deadbedrooms subreddit doesnt use those (gender/age) markers.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Am I being unreasonable?

quote:

I've [M19] been dating this girl [F18] for a week or so and she is extremely into me. She would literally do anything I ask her to. Anything except go see the new Spider-Man movie with me. She refuses to see it and there's no other movies she wants to see. But she said she really wants to go to the movies with me. I understand someone may not want to see a movie, but if the girl I'm dating wanted to see it, I would see literally anything. Am I just being unreasonable thinking she should see the movie with me?

tl;dr: Girl I'm dating refuses to see movie with me for no apparent reason which I find strange.

quote:

Yes, you're being unreasonable. She doesn't want to see the movie and has stated she doesn't want to see it. Respect that. You think, "it's just a movie.". No, it's her drawing a boundary and stating what she doesn't want to do in your relationship and you can either respect that, and pick a different movie or not respect that and attempt to guilt/manipulate her into doing what you want.

Which frankly sets a terrible precedent for her future. You say she'll do anything for you except see this movie. So why are you obsessing about the one thing she WON'T do instead of focusing on all the other things she does?

She doesn't exist solely to make you happy. And if you say you'd see literally anything to make your girlfriend happy... then prove it and choose something else.

:spidey:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Yeah in relationships it literally never happens that one partner has to compromise and spend a couple hours being bored attending something that the other partner wants or needs to do. That would be abuse.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I mean yeah but on the other hand a week in you should still be woo'ing her and maybe chill out on demanding she see the children's cartoon superhero movie and compromise?

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Danaru posted:

She refuses to see it and there's no other movies she wants to see. But she said she really wants to go to the movies with me.

:psyduck:

Danaru posted:

She would literally do anything I ask her to.

Maybe spending an evening fulfilling your most depraved, shameful sexual fantasies would be more fun than checking in on Peter Parker?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Clark Nova posted:

Maybe spending an evening fulfilling your most depraved, shameful sexual fantasies would be more fun than checking in on Peter Parker?
Implying that's not his depraved, shameful sexual fantasy? :confused:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Danaru posted:

Am I being unreasonable?

:spidey:

This is the Seinfeld apple pie bit in the flesh

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

chitoryu12 posted:

"Destroying the evidence?" You know books exist, right?

Like Germany does everything it can to keep the Nazis from rising again, to the point of banning swastikas outside of historical contexts and arresting people for doing the salute in public. Nobody's going to suggest that Germans don't know their history because of it.

Archival is important. Someone mentioned burning the flag, was all. I understand the sentiment, especially if it was made around the 1920s when lynching was booming. I'd rather the flag be used in an educational display about racial violence/history of the local area/whatever, or loaned to researchers who want to exhaustively examine flag making techniques in rural America from the 1600s to present or some poo poo. :shrug:

It probably doesn't matter because the flag is likely incredibly common and not needed for anything, but I'm just talking about the principle in general.

Historical revisionism is a thing. You just destroy the poo poo about the past you don't like and write new books. I got a pretty cheery and squeaky clean version of US history thanks to the Texas textbook industry. As an example, if I had never explored history further, I'd just know vaguely that the US expanded and had to resettle natives a few times and there was one time we goofed and that was the Trail of Tears, where a few Indians died on the way to their new home. Whoops!

Germans have this thing where they rationalize the Nazi Germany thing with an idea of a kind of temporary insanity, with a few bad eggs at the helm, steering everything the wrong way. After the war, the spell broke and everyone but the war criminals were very sorry about the whole thing and just went back to being normal people. Closer to the truth is that the German populace had bunch of bitter veterans and young unemployed men, humiliated by the previous war and years of financial ruin. Germans were stewing for a fight, willing to swing at those they blamed for their defeat, namely war profiteers (read Jews) and communists. It just so happened that a charismatic veteran (possibly a war hero) who also blamed those two groups for Germany's humiliation, was on his way to political success, by any means necessary. He even wrote a bestselling book about his struggles!

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
if she doesn't want to watch spiderman reboot #5 then obviously we aren't a good match

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

maskenfreiheit posted:

if she doesn't want to watch spiderman reboot #5 then obviously we aren't a good match

Put ur webshooter in my cooter

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
My grandmothers [84F] and [74F] insist that I [17F] need to "grow up" because I don't accept their worldview. How do I make them stop?

quote:

So, for as long as I can remember, both my grandmothers keep bringing up issues they know I disagree with and then insist I change my opinion because and I quote "my father is brainwashing me".

Each grandma has a different aspect of my life she disagrees with, even though it is none of their buisness, yet they act as if their life depends on what goes on in my mind. Let's call the [84F] F and the [74F] T for the sake of simplicity. I would also like to note that grandma T is my great aunt, my other grandma's sister but I see her as a grandmother.

Grandma F is very, VERY reliegious. My parents and I are atheists but we don't rub it in her face every chance we get. Hell I even took her to church on Easter because she couldn't on her own. Yesterday I went to visit her because she is lonely and the way she treats the whole family makes them to not want to be near her and she spend an hour telling me how immature and egotistical I am for denying her god and how I MUST grow up because "I'm too old to be acting like a child". Then she told me that I lack moral bounds etc. because I don't fear god and stuff.

Grandma's conclusion was that my father, her son, is brainwashing me into loving satan or watever.

Grandma T on the other hand is very supportive of my atheism as she is one herself, but strongly disagrees with the fact that my political beliefs are liberal (libertarian for American folks). Now please don't get me wrong, but I am very politically aware and I used my own judgement and years of reaserch to arrive to that conclusion.

Grandma T is very left-leaning, borderline communist and so are her children, which they make sure to point out at every familly gathering. After the fact, each of them tries to make me to change sides because "I'm being brainwashed" as I hold similar beliefs with my father.

Grandma T's conclusion is again, that I must grow up because I'm too old to be acting so childishly, to learn to use my judgement and how dare I not be a carbon copy of her children.

For the both of them, it all boils down to poor immature me that is being brainswashed by big bad daddy and the only way mature is to espouse exactly what they are telling me to. AKA to let them dictate what to do and wht to think.

The two of them are spreading rumors about me, which hurt my relationship with them but also with many familly members they are manipulating and I'm feeling like an outcast. How do I get them to stop? It has been imposible to have a normal conversation with anyone when one of them is present, because they feel the need to attack me every chance they get.

TLDR: Grandmas want me to espouse their beliefs or else. It is hurting my relationship with most of my extended family on both sides. How do I make it stop?
I'd watch this sitcom.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I mean yeah but on the other hand a week in you should still be woo'ing her and maybe chill out on demanding she see the children's cartoon superhero movie and compromise?

Oh yeah for sure I was just commenting on the reddit comment posted. Which is even funnier when you consider that she wants to watch a movie with him but doesn't want to see any of the movies that are out.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Haifisch posted:

My grandmothers [84F] and [74F] insist that I [17F] need to "grow up" because I don't accept their worldview. How do I make them stop?

I'd watch this sitcom.

Grandma T rules.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Haifisch posted:

I'd watch this sitcom.

the line about the 17 year old thinking he's spent years of consideration on the topic and has everything figured out particularly amuses me because when I was an asocial teenage dweeb I thought I was a libertarian but basically the second I went to college, got friends, and laid, it became immediately obvious that people were not rational actors and the ideology immediately falls apart once you've grown enough to realize it's possible to do everything within your power right and still fail at this, that, or the other.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

ArbitraryC posted:

Oh yeah for sure I was just commenting on the reddit comment posted. Which is even funnier when you consider that she wants to watch a movie with him but doesn't want to see any of the movies that are out.

Then take her to the lake for a moonlight stroll and/or gently caress her over and over like they are gonna make loving illegal.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jul 12, 2017

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

What if he's in the movie.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Pvt.Scott posted:

Archival is important. Someone mentioned burning the flag, was all. I understand the sentiment, especially if it was made around the 1920s when lynching was booming. I'd rather the flag be used in an educational display about racial violence/history of the local area/whatever, or loaned to researchers who want to exhaustively examine flag making techniques in rural America from the 1600s to present or some poo poo. :shrug:

It probably doesn't matter because the flag is likely incredibly common and not needed for anything, but I'm just talking about the principle in general.

Historical revisionism is a thing. You just destroy the poo poo about the past you don't like and write new books. I got a pretty cheery and squeaky clean version of US history thanks to the Texas textbook industry. As an example, if I had never explored history further, I'd just know vaguely that the US expanded and had to resettle natives a few times and there was one time we goofed and that was the Trail of Tears, where a few Indians died on the way to their new home. Whoops!

Germans have this thing where they rationalize the Nazi Germany thing with an idea of a kind of temporary insanity, with a few bad eggs at the helm, steering everything the wrong way. After the war, the spell broke and everyone but the war criminals were very sorry about the whole thing and just went back to being normal people. Closer to the truth is that the German populace had bunch of bitter veterans and young unemployed men, humiliated by the previous war and years of financial ruin. Germans were stewing for a fight, willing to swing at those they blamed for their defeat, namely war profiteers (read Jews) and communists. It just so happened that a charismatic veteran (possibly a war hero) who also blamed those two groups for Germany's humiliation, was on his way to political success, by any means necessary. He even wrote a bestselling book about his struggles!

You do know the people who worship those flags are doing that right,
Like I don't know what point you think your making but it's kind of dumb whatever it is

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
[24]M how realistic is it to have these criteria for a girlfriend?

quote:

Hey /relationships/

So recently I met a girl who seems to be my perfect match. Everything I could ever want she has, and she has done nothing so far to turn me off. Recently I told her I had a crush on her, and she said she wasn't looking for a relationship at the moment. I'm wondering how realistic it is to want to find someone just like her with the same traits?

I don't think my requirements are TOO crazy. I'd like to find a girl with similar political and religious beliefs (liberal/libertarian and agnostic/atheist). I'd like it if she were into nerdy things like video games/anime/cartoons and just had "nerdy" qualities in general. One of my greatest passions is electronic music so I'd like her to be into that as well, and goes or would want to go to raves with me. I also consume marijuana and MDMA so she'd have to at least be OK with that, if not do it with me. I'd also like her to be open minded about sex because there are a lot of kinks/fetishes that I'd like to try. Also, I NEVER want children so she'd have to be OK with that.

If I can think of any more I'll add them down in the comments. How unrealistic is this??

tl;dr: Is it unrealistic to require certain traits in a partner?

My ex girlfriend[21F] called me[22M] a weirdo and it's bothering me..

quote:

So me and my ex were together for 4 months. We broke up a little over a week ago, and she's pretty bitter about it. I texted her earlier in the week to apologize for some heated words that were said during the breakup. She didn't text me back till last night. She proceeded to tell me she's sooooo over me, and then hurl insults at me. In particular, she called me a weirdo, which really hurt. She claims she didn't see it when we were dating but now she does. Maybe true or just trying to be hurtful? She knows that my biggest insecurity is people's perception of me. I have a very bohemian personality and style. I'm artistic, libertarian, and enjoy esoteric conversation, philosophical, and general intellectual conversation. I write music and fiction. I also consider myself a Christian. She on the other hand is not religious or particularly bright. She likes to drink, smoke pot, watch Netflix and piss away time on Pinterest and Instagram. That's about the extent of her existence. But I hate being called wierd. It hurts. Is she just saying this because she's bitter about the disolvement of the relationship?

TLDR:My ex girlfriend called me a weirdo and it's buggin me.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I feel like searching "libertarian" is almost cheating.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

all the libertarians ive known IRL have always been loving weirdos

the first one to come to mind used to be a huge manson fan and would wear womens clthes to local hardcore shows with his brother & theyd get into fights with people who picked on them

the second one was a huge metal fan and former extreme leftist who was obsessed with ren faire poo poo and starting his own corporation and he gave up on everything after dropping out of a uc because it was too liberal nd then he went to a diff UC (i think it was sb first then to irvine) and then he got into a car accident with an undocumented immigrant (but it was his fault not the immigrants) and became afraid of driving so he had to drop out of that one and move home and then he turned into a huge maga man and now hes a cop and married back in our lovely hometown and he reposts breitbart articles all day

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The guy who purposely wore drag to beat up people who picked on him sounds pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

cumshitter posted:

The guy who purposely wore drag to beat up people who picked on him sounds pretty cool.

He was when he wasn't too drunk, but when he got past x beers he'd get in huge political debates that would end with him shirtless yelling at everyone while he retreated somewhere to pass out