Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

I thought OSBs couldn't crit but when I goofed with the XIV JS I noticed Thunderfall hitting for freaking 90k under Chant+RW Cloud USB.

Then I realized what Mr. iamsosmrt meant when he said my holy team should be able to clear D300 rear end in a top hat.

With the winged menace flying away in a few hours I did some panic attempts and mastered him. Unfortunately I couldn't fit any III dudes in but I'll take this victory for now.

The setup:
https://www.ffrkcentral.com/profile/mB5d
RW Cloud USB

Aerora strike as the only wind damage source. DeNa where's that Aero, you said there would be Aeros

how do you get a profile like that on the site? it'd be a great boon to me, someone who wants to put the minimum amount of effort into this game as possible, to toss up party configs like that in the thread for advice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Cowcaster posted:

how do you get a profile like that on the site? it'd be a great boon to me, someone who wants to put the minimum amount of effort into this game as possible, to toss up party configs like that in the thread for advice

Just click login, then "Create an account".

https://www.ffrkcentral.com/login

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

lol this Cloud USB is so absurd. Cid's BSB went from doing 700 damage per hit against Bahamut on the first cast with 1 wind imperil and no boosts to 26k per hit after 3 imperils, Cloud USB, and Zack's CSB.

Also like a dumbass I pulled on the VII banner again hoping to get it native, got a dupe Zack CSB instead :argh:

Oh well, also got Cait's BSB, which will come in handy maybe. And I won't say no to more +wind weapons, though I wish it wasn't only in VII. What's the deal with VII swords requiring synergy, anyway? Cloud's OSB is the same, and all my other OSBs are just flat +elemental with no strings.

His USB is truly insane and never regret trying to get it natively because goddamn, USB+BSB2 on Cloud is busted as gently caress. OSB+BSB Orlandu is nothing* compared to it. In the FFXIV jump start just with the USB, Zack's CSB, and OK's BSB Cloud was doing 40-50k (x2) with blazing twinstrike. :psyduck:

* Orlandu using OSB + Cloud USB RW + BSB not withstanding.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

my one draw and loss on getting cloud's usb was tempered by the realization the overflow aspect only applies to the person using it. i thought it was a party wide buff, but having it native just means you can stick it on cloud whenever you want, and the only equipment i have for cloud is his overstrike and so that's a moot point

RagnarokAngel posted:

Just click login, then "Create an account".

https://www.ffrkcentral.com/login

wow that was easier than i expected, i figured being a third party site i'd have to e-mail someone and give them my credit card info or something. thanks!

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Evil Fluffy posted:

His USB is truly insane and never regret trying to get it natively because goddamn, USB+BSB2 on Cloud is busted as gently caress. OSB+BSB Orlandu is nothing* compared to it. In the FFXIV jump start just with the USB, Zack's CSB, and OK's BSB Cloud was doing 40-50k (x2) with blazing twinstrike. :psyduck:

* Orlandu using OSB + Cloud USB RW + BSB not withstanding.

I wish I had Tgcid OSB, I only have his BSB.

Wonder if a Holy imperiled Agrias doing her OSB then BSB would do crazy dmg. Maybe I'll make my cid raines be an imperil bot for the finishing turn on my holy team

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

my one draw and loss on getting cloud's usb was tempered by the realization the overflow aspect only applies to the person using it. i thought it was a party wide buff, but having it native just means you can stick it on cloud whenever you want, and the only equipment i have for cloud is his overstrike and so that's a moot point

wow that was easier than i expected, i figured being a third party site i'd have to e-mail someone and give them my credit card info or something. thanks!

If you have Cloud USB native then you RW a BSB for Cloud to use that fits the fight.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Langolas posted:

I wish I had Tgcid OSB, I only have his BSB.

Wonder if a Holy imperiled Agrias doing her OSB then BSB would do crazy dmg. Maybe I'll make my cid raines be an imperil bot for the finishing turn on my holy team

the main reason tg cid's osb is in that combo is because the thunder god mode time decrease that comes with it, compensating for the slower charge time of his burst soul break and all of its actions. the good news is that if you get tg cid to 99, you get a record materia that gives a character thunder god mode from the get go, which means you can just RW cloud's usb and then poo poo out incredible damage using tg cid's burst (especially in jump start fights).

in theory anyway, i haven't tried it myself

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

If you have Cloud USB native then you RW a BSB for Cloud to use that fits the fight.

that makes sense

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Schwartzcough posted:

I don't think the 2 orbs from pots thing is guaranteed, as I only got one from the pot(s) I encountered.

Every 5* major pot has given me two 5* orbs, the 6* crystals only give one. Is there supposed to be variance on the 5*s?

quote:

So far the new orb dailies have been really disappointing. The pots still only seem to show up about once per 300 stamina. When you consider it takes 44 major orbs/crystals to go from R1 to R2 of a skill, and how rarely majors/crystals drop, that would literally be months of farming a daily to get enough for even a low-end hone.

I just had a run where I got two 6* crystals in one stage. Sorry you've been having bad luck with this but I guess it's not surprising that droughts like that can still happen.

quote:

They're probably slightly better than what we had, but they're still not worth doing at all.

What else are you going to do with your stamina when you're caught up on events and have cleared all story dungeons? (I'm not there on JP yet, but just saying)

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Playing catchup on the Nightmare dungeons for when we eventually get the magicite stuff. Only have Tritoch, Reraise, and Curada to go. Highlights so far include Cloud using his BSB2 (with USB active) to kill Nightmare Atomos from about 60% hp. And a CMD1 to kill Nightmare Necrophobe with 1 second left on the Doom counter for OK. :buddy:

Cowcaster posted:

It only needs to affect one person to break the game. If it affected the entire party they'd have potentially killed the game or take a huge financial hit if they nerfed/removed it since they'd have to reimburse all pulls from that banner at the absolutely least (while letting people keep the other relics).

I have Cloud dealing 50-100k damage with 5* spellblade abilities. His BSB2 is better because of enwind (which also means Tornado Strike is basically 99999x2 vs a lot of stuff) and being able to spam his CMD1 for 100k+ damage, but Cloud with just his USB and a well honed spellblade, or two, can still out damage most characters by a significant margin. You can also have your Cloud use a BSB RW if all else fails.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jul 11, 2017

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Is there something I'm missing with the Cloud USB? I'm a USB haver, but don't have BSB2/Zack Chain. I was in the Titan Apocalypse fight, and there was a Cloud that was doing 18K a hit with Omega Drive after popping the USB. Vessel of Fate was up, as was a Zack Chain, but no other boosts to my knowledge.

I tried replicating that in the single player version of the fight, bringing a Zack RW and getting Cloud's Attack as high as I can get it using Dragoon's Determination and good synergy gear, but was only doing about 10K a hit. While certainly nothing to scoff at, I'm wondering if there's something I'm neglecting would push me into ridiculous damage, assuming I don't have and can't get that BSB2.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Evil Fluffy posted:

I have Cloud dealing 50-100k damage with 5* spellblade abilities. His BSB2 is better because of enwind (which also means Tornado Strike is basically 99999x2 vs a lot of stuff)

i mean this is great and all but disregarding how the amount of damage between "50k-100k" is incredibly vast i just get the feeling you're loving armed to the teeth already and having cloud's usb is letting you capitalize on it

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

"my level one cloud using his usb with nothing more than a synergized 8* blade, armor, and accessory easily hits 100k damage with nothing more than double cut, also shout + chant + vessel of fate"

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jul 12, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

i mean this is great and all but disregarding how the amount of damage between "50k-100k" is incredibly vast i just get the feeling you're loving armed to the teeth already and having cloud's usb is letting you capitalize on it

Using a 5* spell blade with cloud's USB and OKs BSB. Plus a random 30atk accessory and a bracelet or whatever is giving me that level of damage.

If I use cids goggles for the wind boost, zack CSB, OK BSB, and cloud USB then yes he does disgusting damage. Like 200k BSB2 and 100k CMD1 which is far above and beyond what he does with just his USB and OK BSB.

That's the thing with cloud's USB. It doesn't take much for the user to do significantly more damage than just about anyone else could hope to.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
1/11, Zidane SSB2. Sick of these 1/11 SSB lucky draws!

But it is something new and my best thing for Zidane, at least.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jul 12, 2017

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

2/11 both dupes on a banner where I had 20% of the relics. Bleh.

Auron bsb2 and Ovelia SSB.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Always lucky...?

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

2/11, Zidane's BSB2 and OSB :getin:

I now have five separate unique Zidane soul breaks. Only missing his original SB and his BSB1.

Meanwhile, trying to do D220 Multi Titan, gee fellas I dunno do you think I should bring earth resist accessories to the giant mud rock boss :downsgun:

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Half Stamina priced realm dungeons :aaaaa:

gonna grind my balls off for 125+ Mythril now. Gotta pull on my FFXII banners!

Can you only Lucky pull once, or is it only once at 25 Mythril?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

oh hey platinum sword.

a fourth one. thanks, dr mog.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

ceaselessfuture posted:

Half Stamina priced realm dungeons :aaaaa:

gonna grind my balls off for 125+ Mythril now. Gotta pull on my FFXII banners!

Can you only Lucky pull once, or is it only once at 25 Mythril?

Once only.

Also, don't chase too hard on any single banner. If you're new, the XIV one with Thyrsus is Wall, the #1 thing that will change how you approach fights. Theres also the crazy VII banner. And a very, very good X banner coming in about two days.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
2/11 Eiko's USB and Lulu's BSB

Neither a dupe, and arguably the best healing USB (well, Yuna's might be better). Thanks, game!

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
3/11. Conductor (dupe), Force Shield, Magician Mog.

Hmm. Nothing of real use here (I was almost excited when I saw the rainbow but it had to be one of the two USBs I already had for this draw). But it's better than 1/11 dupe.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

I sure do have a lot of medicas.

4/11

Lightbringer, Hamelin, Staff of Ramuh, Seymour Rod (dupe)

I seem to remember some sort of holy damage build with Beatrix, given enough +Holy damage. Is/was that actually a thing, as in, worth going out of my way to hone for? I also have her Force Shield.

edit: right as I comment on having a lot of medicas, I 2/11'd on the first XIV banner for a shot at Thyrus, and instead got the Healer's Circlet and Omnirod. I'm gonna have to compile all the ones I have and ask about them at some point. :v:

Eight-Six fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jul 12, 2017

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
3/11, a dupe of Eiko's reraise SSB, Beatrix's enHoly shield, and Rapha's BSB. Over the course of the last month I've picked up three stacking MAG buffs, for Cid Raines, Mog and Rapha. And I have Sheepsong and Krile's BSB. Probably going to have to mess around with some more magic teams.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
3/11 Ovelia BSB, Yuna SSB, Steiner SSB.

My first Medica BSB! :woop:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

You guys have fun with that Lucky Draw, I'm still chasing Cloud USB.

At least the BSB2 isn't a dupe. Figure with the half-stam dungeons and the backlog I have, I can scrape up enough for one more shot at Cloud USB before I give up, and the Lucky Draw too.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Drew on the Lucky.

Zidane's Solution 9 - I didn't even know he had two bursts. Is this one better than Stellar Circle 5? It certainly seems like it does more damage, though of course it doesn't have the big stat theft. (Only a little one.)

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Did a dollar draw last week since I didnt have 50 mithril yet... Got Zack CSB

Did my 50 mithril pull this week.

http://i.imgur.com/RnTiatK.jpg

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Langolas posted:

Did a dollar draw last week since I didnt have 50 mithril yet... Got Zack CSB

Did my 50 mithril pull this week.

http://i.imgur.com/RnTiatK.jpg

Congrats ,you jerk! :)

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Lucky 1/11 tidus OSB

I need ffx synergy, so this is a great get. I was initially disappointed it wasn't orlandeau OSB or Ramza USB, but a bit later I felt drat good about it.

The lovely draws listed above reinforce that. Sorry folks who got crappy dupes :(

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

I'll take it, but I won't be excited about it. :shrug:

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
1/11 Delita SSB. 4 aoe attacks with-atk. Is this really a Super level thing?

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Got Kihmari BSB. This thing is all over the place. Imperial water entry. Cmd 1 is water attack + random heal. Cmd 2 is AOE attack plus ether ability.

I mean. Not bad. At least cmd 1 will make him a offhealer that builds sb for Imperial meta.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Swing and a miss on Lucky Draw :saddowns:

3rd Mythical Gun

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
I also struck out, 1/11 for an ancient Freya SSB. At least it wasn't a dupe, I guess?

I'm just happy to have half-stamina realm dungeons back again, I have a lot of Elite dungeons to plunder.

Ripley fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jul 12, 2017

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
1/11, Hamelin dupe. That isn't lucky at all! <:mad:>

Thank god for half stamina dungeons, I need mythril for the upcoming FF8 banners.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Dupe Steiner BSB and Wakka's SSB. Oh boy, AOE blind/poison and a weapon type that's only good for one realm, I'll definitely be getting a lot of mileage out of this one!

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

1/11 dupe wizard rod here. Ehh.

StriderVM
Aug 23, 2013
I remember playing this game semiconsistently from release and then quit after a few months after that........

While waiting for downtime waiting for NRG refilling in Brave Exvius, I have decided to play this game again.

However I am only planning to play this game casually. Here my current party setup :

https://www.ffrkcentral.com/profile/GvrW

Anyway, if my goal is to just finish all the realms, what is the fastest way to get stronger in the game currently? I just want to finish all the realms if possible. I'm currently stuck not being able to finish any difficulty beyond 70 I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

StriderVM posted:

I remember playing this game semiconsistently from release and then quit after a few months after that........

While waiting for downtime waiting for NRG refilling in Brave Exvius, I have decided to play this game again.

However I am only planning to play this game casually. Here my current party setup :

https://www.ffrkcentral.com/profile/GvrW

Anyway, if my goal is to just finish all the realms, what is the fastest way to get stronger in the game currently? I just want to finish all the realms if possible. I'm currently stuck not being able to finish any difficulty beyond 70 I think?

If your goal is just realm completion and nothing else, pull on whatever the current banner is and all lucky banners every time you build up to 50 mithril. Probably only pull on each banner once unless you really crap out on a banner and still want most of the items on it. To just complete the realms, pretty much any team of 3 DPS, 1 support, and 1 healer will work, though preferably with some variety for swapping in magic, physical, and/or ranged as the need arises.

Of course, this is not the best course of action if you want to play events, nightmare dungeons, upcoming magicite dungeons, torments, etc. But this should do you for just the realms.

Oh, and focus fire the realms during 1/2 stamina time, which actually just started, lasts for several days, and comes around once a month.

• Locked thread