Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Silly question: Is there any purpose a street sweeper shotgun serves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
no

Shadowbag
Jun 1, 2011

When shitposting, it's always important to properly stretch first.
Soiled Meat
Try the goliath if you need a lowish damage secondary shotty/he or fire applicator. With closeby aced you get.21 shots, and a magazine reload instead of shoving every round in one at a time.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

EorayMel posted:

Yes; if you don't wanna Ace Close By (and thus use a goliath instead) and want a semi-auto high-pickup secondary shotgun to pair with a weapon like the Little Friend, the Street Sweeper is an excellent choice. It's quite good with the duckbill or silenced. Really all the shotguns have their niches and are the one weapon group where every member serves some function or another.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

juliuspringle posted:

Hey sorry I misinterpreted what you said before. I had change from some cards so I bought a few more cheap safes (actually got one I liked so started dicking around with akimbo deagles and some skill tweaks but that's all unimportant) and one time I did try to open a second one without backing out today and it failed to open. The other day I just kept backing out to steam inventory because I thought you had to. It seems to work fine as long as you go back to the inventory between safes to click the little thing acknowledging what you got from the safe.

Okay this is EXACTLY what I was getting and screen-shotted it when I bought about 10 armor safes.

I'll probably put a bug in for it when I can be arsed to do it.

EorayMel posted:

if you want to be 2nd or 3rd best HE rounds for a secondary to gently caress with shields but expend half a clip to do a group of tightly clustered shields.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
(Edit) Oops

Jbz
Jun 6, 2011

maswastaken posted:

I don't know what level your idiot friends are or what weapons they're using so...

Here's a level 40 thing: http://pd2tools.com/l/e1f3591497405da2175f37f7e732722d
Level 50: http://pd2tools.com/l/5a2a9c0ccd3500ef0c1bfa0d83b5ccb1
Level 64: http://pd2tools.com/l/8cefaca5af230316242d0b3c3994b04f
Level 74: http://pd2tools.com/l/3f2c05abcb3e9bd27dfe6b9e598d3a11
...let's just finish this
Level 100: http://pd2tools.com/l/c76f132b0b313018d698c2ebd5d5ae4a

It's just ICTV and two ammo (not completely upgraded) bags and the assumption of using assault rifles and SMGs. It gets converting cops, drill skills and better ammo bags along the way. It uses Muscle, because of course it does.

Many thanks, friend.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Loadouts are silly complicated in this game. Skill trees and weapon choices are not enough, no, we have to have perk decks, ammunition choices and weapon attachments to deal with too.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Personally I'm rather enjoying the feeling of planning out a build that actually feels precisely tailored down to the smallest stats to how I enjoy playing. Speaking of, I need to trim the fat on this build, which is my eventual level 100 general purpose loud anarchist build. I kinda want to get aced partners in crime but I'm really not sure which skills are the least useful.

The only ones I know I want to keep are body expertise aced, the silencer skills, jack of all trades, the ammo bag stuff, and the armor skills, but the rest of them are all really helpful for my playstyle. If you were me, what would you guys cut to get 6 points?

http://pd2tools.com/l/a37ad9327104609e658402d04ac7e2d7

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

tweet my meat posted:

Personally I'm rather enjoying the feeling of planning out a build that actually feels precisely tailored down to the smallest stats to how I enjoy playing. Speaking of, I need to trim the fat on this build, which is my eventual level 100 general purpose loud anarchist build. I kinda want to get aced partners in crime but I'm really not sure which skills are the least useful.

The only ones I know I want to keep are body expertise aced, the silencer skills, jack of all trades, the ammo bag stuff, and the armor skills, but the rest of them are all really helpful for my playstyle. If you were me, what would you guys cut to get 6 points?

Downgrade Steady Grip and Joker to Basic.

I don't know what mods you have available but single shot weapons don't need stability that badly and even a DMR AK.762 can hit 100 with what skills you have left.
Ace Joker seems cool and all but it's very much a worthy sacrifice for Partners in Crime. Sure, it's slower conversion and and it's less damage output but the cops are, on paper, 55 times as hard to kill.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I prefer to use full auto since it's a bit more forgiving with a controller and I have truckloads of extra ammo, but I could probably actually take the hit to stability with how I have my ak 762 kitted out. I could still get it in the 90's for stability and keep it's high accuracy as well.

Thanks! I didn't even realize I could make it to the top tier skills without acing the three other tiers

tweet my meat fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jul 12, 2017

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

tweet my meat posted:

First - echoing Mas, getting Partners In Crime ace is a big deal and well worth dropping some other stuff for.

Second - I'd question why you've got Jack of all Trades in there. You're not really set up to bring anything else worthwhile - that's 10% of your total skill points for two basic FAKs or half a doc bag. Not a really good exchange. Are you absolutely sure you have to have that?

What I'd do would be take out Jack of all Trades and Confidant. Pick up Lock N' Load ace, Partners in Crime ace, and Parkour ace. That gives you the ability to both fire and reload on the run, the average AR/SMG getting a 90% reload speed boost so long as you can get two kills per magazine, and 99% damage resistant jokers.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I like jack because I play solo a decent bit and I like having a doctors bag along with the asset one since I'm bad and die a lot. I might set up another skill set for solo and drop jack on my main build once I unlock a new skill set slot and if I ever need to run doctors bags for whatever reason I'll just switch my skills around from ammo to medic.

I don't really desperately need lock n load aced since I run the quickpull mag on my ak. I think I'd rather just get basic lock and load and keep confident, this would also leave enough room for aggressive reload basic if I did want some reload speed, which is a very quick reload with the quickpull, or something like high value target for a bit of extra damage on dozers.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

tweet my meat posted:

I prefer to use full auto since it's a bit more forgiving with a controller and I have truckloads of extra ammo, but I could probably actually take the hit to stability with how I have my ak 762 kitted out. I could still get it in the 90's for stability and keep it's high accuracy as well.

Thanks! I didn't even realize I could make it to the top tier skills without acing the three other tiers
poo poo. Of course I forgot something - you might not have an infamy point spent on Technician. Uhh...
Well if you can't drop Steady Grip, drop Equilibrium. Or maybe there's a spare point in what Tempest's suggesting. Partners in Crime is totally worth all of this trouble, I swear.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Nah I found enough points for partners by dropping jack and I'm 100% taking it, no worries there. I'm just working out what to do with the remaining points. I really love equilibrium since my 5/7 ap is basically my panic button so I'd rather not lose that.

e:This is my updated build with jack of all trades removed. Aggresive reload is a flex slot and I can drop it if needed to take something else like high value target.
http://pd2tools.com/l/497b6450d935f6a609773067256554b9

e2:actually I realized that without the infamy point I needed to ace die hard to get to iron man so I dropped equil and aggressive reload for that.

tweet my meat fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jul 12, 2017

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

I love how customizable this game is.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

juliuspringle posted:

I love how customizable this game is.

My next infamy grind will involve me using a different loadout for each heist, but dammit I bought all these guns, and I am going to use them one way or another.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
So cook off is a Very Good heist. It's just an endless horde mode with a gently caress ton of meth. Apparently you can cook meth on Hotline Miami as well which is pretty neat. I'll have to try it next time I do it.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

tweet my meat posted:

So cook off is a Very Good heist. It's just an endless horde mode with a gently caress ton of meth. Apparently you can cook meth on Hotline Miami as well which is pretty neat. I'll have to try it next time I do it.

FYI the order of cooking meth in Hotline is always the same. There's even a helpful diagram on the wall of the "lab" and the crates in the basement have additional ingredients.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Random thought/question;

Suit Grinder Shotgun Dodge/Crit Fire build. Secondary choice
5/7 (with pistol swap speed skill) or HE Judge? I'm thinking the Judge is preferable since I can spam that better with Swan Song. And if I take off the silencer, I can drop those skills. Not like they're essential with a DB IZHMA.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
So what's the worst looking mask you can make? I've been looking into the robust mask customization and realized how loving terrible most of it looks without some careful planning and I kinda want to see what the bottom of the barrel looks like when it comes to masks.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

tweet my meat posted:

So what's the worst looking mask you can make? I've been looking into the robust mask customization and realized how loving terrible most of it looks without some careful planning and I kinda want to see what the bottom of the barrel looks like when it comes to masks.
Let me you about the time-honoured tradition known as "Mask Roulette".

You finish a heist and everyone picks a card. What's that? A mask, a material, a pattern and a colour? It must be made.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

tweet my meat posted:

Clint plus almost anything is a terrible mask.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Ok I was gonna "fix" that build but it's just all kindsa jank.

Body expertise is a good skill for a weapon incapable of reliable headshots due to low accuracy, like a LMG. The 7.62 is a loving laser beam and you've got tons of accuracy buffs so Body Expertise is a baffling pick. As others have mentioned, ace partners in crime, not jokers. As an Anarchist you can skip Shock & Awe, it's true, but if you're not acing Iron Man for ICTV, ace Die Hard and wear HBV for speed and armor.

For an intro to Getting Gud at payday2, check out my steam guide. There's a section of modularized build advice that shows you how to set up certain aspects and gives advice on what weapons to pick to fit a given skillset.

chairface fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Jul 13, 2017

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Props to shadowbag for finding the toasty!

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
I wish C4 was useful. Opening up shortcuts or other neat things.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Sorry. Armored Transport and Rats day 2 screwovers only I'm afraid.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

FalloutGod posted:

I wish C4 was useful. Opening up shortcuts or other neat things.

You can use it for things on a number of heists, but since it has to be implemented in the map design its scope will never be as broad as a general deployable.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

tweet my meat posted:

Pick a baby mask and throw whatever you can onto it to make it look horrific.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Does this qualify?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

EorayMel posted:

Does this qualify?

haramzombe?

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

Pick a baby mask and throw whatever you can onto it to make it look horrific.
Money cushion baby isn't working for me. Overdesigned, perhaps?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

chairface posted:

Ok I was gonna "fix" that build but it's just all kindsa jank.

Body expertise is a good skill for a weapon incapable of reliable headshots due to low accuracy, like a LMG. The 7.62 is a loving laser beam and you've got tons of accuracy buffs so Body Expertise is a baffling pick. As others have mentioned, ace partners in crime, not jokers. As an Anarchist you can skip Shock & Awe, it's true, but if you're not acing Iron Man for ICTV, ace Die Hard and wear HBV for speed and armor.

For an intro to Getting Gud at payday2, check out my steam guide. There's a section of modularized build advice that shows you how to set up certain aspects and gives advice on what weapons to pick to fit a given skillset.

The 762 might be a laser, but I use a controller and my laptop can get a bit laggy with a lot of enemies, so sadly I am not. I generally use aim assist to snap to targets which goes to center of mass and then when things slow down a bit go for the headshots to replenish my armor.

I did actually wind up acing die hard in the end and figured it out so I can ace both partners and joker plus confident as a bonus after I dropped jack of all trades. I go with the light ballistic vest because I don't really play on anything past overkill right now and it hasn't ever left me wanting for armor yet unless I make stupid decisions. I figured I'd just go for max speed since I wasn't in need of the extra armor boost, but that's something I can change on the fly depending on the mission.

EorayMel posted:

Does this qualify?

Yes, yes it does. Has anyone ever made that couch texture actually looks decent?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

I played with a controller for the longest while so I'm not dissing that, but maybe you should use a weapon that requires less precision than a DRM if you want to do it. I mean, if what you use works by all means rock it, but SMGs, LMGs, shotguns, and grenade launchers are all usable regardless of aim. Same with the flamethrower.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Eh I'm already committed to modding it out and it works quite well. I would also hate to lose that 100 accuracy and stability for when I do need to regen armor. I can probably get good enough through practice to hit muscle memory headshots pretty consistently using the auto aim during tough firefights if I practice enough so I might eventually drop body expertise. Plus I really like the way it looks modded out which is the honestly key factor in me sticking with it.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
If you like how it looks that's almost the main thing. Don't get too worried about purple 100 stats. I mean, higher the better yeah, but purple is not mandatory.

With that said I'm running a double purple G3...looks super cool too.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
I reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly like getting to the end of the heist just to disconnect. I'm actually impressed with how badly Payday 2 runs in multiplayer sometimes. Super excited to play Payday 3 once its been out for 4 years so it isn't so buggy, except it totally is.

E: I feel like an old man yelling at the internet god drat it.

FalloutGod fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Jul 14, 2017

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

FalloutGod posted:

I reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly like getting to the end of the heist just to disconnect. I'm actually impressed with how badly Payday 2 runs in multiplayer sometimes. Super excited to play Payday 3 once its been out for 4 years so it isn't so buggy, except it totally is.

E: I feel like an old man yelling at the internet god drat it.

If your playing with pubbies sometimes they just kick you at the end.

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

wjs5 posted:

If your playing with pubbies sometimes they just kick you at the end.

STOP TOUCHING THE STOVE!

I can't remember if I mentioned this before but I recently achieved a personal goal of single digit concealment. Currently if I use my akimbo deagles instead of my car4 as a primary I hit 4 in a suit and I believe 43 in the second highest armor combined tactical vest? I don't know without looking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I've honestly enjoyed my time with pubbies. One lovely heist with a bad group isn't too bad and if you find a decent one with people who are actually there to have fun you can usually convince them to stick around for a few more heists. The big thing is being friendly, encouraging patience, and initiating conversation so you can actually make a connection so you aren't seeing each other as faceless pubbies out to ruin your video gaming experience.

tweet my meat fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jul 14, 2017