Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anakha
Sep 16, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

See those two white towers?

Let them see you while discouraging the Clanners from having Line of Sight to them.

In line with the Madden theme for this fight: looks like it's time for an audible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

dis astranagant posted:

I couldn't find a booby trap button in SSW so I went with B-Pods

It's called machine gun ammo loaded to the gill, and charging an enemy with a supercharger and MASC. :v:

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

PoptartsNinja posted:

See those two white towers?

Let them see you while discouraging the Clanners from having Line of Sight to them.

So, be in sight of 1006 and 1412? Check.

Could you define 'discourage'? Its one thing to take pot shots at the Assaults, quite another to drive the Stone Rhino out of the boat pen?

@Northern Flank: Looks like we have a decision to make.

A) We either continue with our right hook, take out the Balius and Nova, then try to run for it and or activate the boats.

Or

B) Go all in, right now, into the Boat Pens and try to push the Stone Rhino and Gargoyle out.

B could work, the Nova and Balius are a little out of position, and if we maintain distance to the assaults, we could hold on for a few turns, enough for Salary-Man Office-Chair to run to the rescue again.

Thoughts my fellow goons?

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Ok, I think I am going to move the Battlemaster around to either 0909, this would allow me to unload on the Gargoyle this turn and the Stone Rhino next turn. If we can KO either of those we can then use the next turn to engage the mechs that are closing in quick on the south.

Thoughts:

Keep the Mauler & Sagittarius on the berms as overwatch so they can engage either to the left or right next turn depending on the outcome of this turn and allow the Sagittarius to unload on one of Balius or Nova next turn. The Mauler can provide long range pinking as it moves down the central berms.

Would challenging either the Nova or Balius be a good idea at this point? The whole "We think so little of you we bid an assault against a medium might cause them to act rashly. Then next turn we have 2+ of our mechs both unload on the challenged mech. This dezgra act could possibly draw mechs from the south against us and give the south a breather.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Jew it to it! posted:

Keep the Mauler & Sagittarius on the berms as overwatch so they can engage either to the left or right next turn depending on the outcome of this turn and allow the Sagittarius to unload on one of Balius or Nova next turn. The Mauler can provide long range pinking as it moves down the central berms.

I (The 'Sag') really don't want to stay sky-lined; we either decide to 'right-hook', or bull rush the boat pens. Staying up there just gives LOS to everything that wants to shoot at me.

Jew it to it! posted:

This dezgra act could possibly draw mechs from the south against us and give the south a breather.

According to PTN (on his front page background posts), the Horses don't follow Zell when engaging IS Forces, so don't think we can go for Dezgra this time around.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Back Hack posted:

It's called machine gun ammo loaded to the gill, and charging an enemy with a supercharger and MASC. :v:

If I was gonna go that route it would be iATM emp ammo since the Loyalist has an EMP deathsplosion

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Exmond posted:

No it makes boat mechs, the newest invention in the battletech universe

I played Scythe last night and it owned.

That's all, carry on thread

Yakumo
Oct 7, 2008
With what PTN's mentioned about the Monitors, I favor pressing the assault mainly through the boat pens. We do need to keep the Nova and Balius honest, though. Would it make sense for three of us to go into the boat pens and a fourth one go around the wall to engage them to at least slow down a flanking attempt? Probably me since I'm still pointed that direction. Or should we just all pile in and try to plug the hole from the inside?

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Yakumo posted:

With what PTN's mentioned about the Monitors, I favor pressing the assault mainly through the boat pens. We do need to keep the Nova and Balius honest, though. Would it make sense for three of us to go into the boat pens and a fourth one go around the wall to engage them to at least slow down a flanking attempt? Probably me since I'm still pointed that direction. Or should we just all pile in and try to plug the hole from the inside?

I concur, given what PTN said about 'activating' the boats, think assaulting through the boat pens gives us the best shot at securing the North without taking too much time and or damage. We need to save ourselves for the drive down South. /cue Madden music

Given our 'mechs, I would suggest the rest of the lance (Battlemaster, Hatamoto-Chi, and Mauler) head into the kill-box (hopefully, that's 32 AC/20s in there), while I jump to 0806 and engage the Gargoyle. Once the 3 of you are in there, that's it, you're stuck in; between the terrain and our MP profile, we're not maneuvering out of there unless the OPFOR pulls out.

The 'Sag' can play annoying jumpy assault with the Nova and Balius for at least a few rounds; I have more move options to disengage and hide behind the H2 wall should things go bad. If I were those 6/9 'knife fighters', I'd push into the pens regardless to get within 3 hexes and cut you all to ribbons; and that's when the 'Sag' can jump jet and rear left/right arc that quad.

Or, at least that's the theory, until we make contact with the enemy.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
The boats are all very much lower level than the surrounding area, don't count on them shooting things up. The only way they're going to get shots is if there's very clear los, like from 1908 to 1605.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Gwaihir posted:

The boats are all very much lower level than the surrounding area, don't count on them shooting things up. The only way they're going to get shots is if there's very clear los, like from 1908 to 1605.

Yes, I had checked with PTN previously; the monitors are at height -2, so while boat 1612 might not have a shot at the Stone Rhino, boat 1610 and beyond 'should' have shots (or, here's to hoping anyways).

Kickass Harpsichord
Dec 3, 2009
In the interest of having orders in by the deadline, I've moved to 0704 to support the right hook.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Mukaikubo posted:

I agree. My first instinct is to back up to 0633; that puts a building north of me, and still lets me fire at range 15 for the good brackets at the Epona at 1925.

I am submitting these orders, hearing no argument.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Mukaikubo posted:

Sounds good to me. I will join you on that Epona and hope that between the two of us we can land some motive hits.

Gun Jam
Apr 11, 2015

Mukaikubo posted:

KnoxZone posted:

Sounds good to me. I will join you on that Epona and hope that between the two of us we can land some motive hits.

Thinking on 0533 - any problems with that (It may be it get to crowded, or I don't need or if I don't need to block ha otoko LOS)?

Edit : Ha otoko got los on 0633, or not? If so (and he can shoot at mukaikubo anyway) I could go to, say, 0634.

Gun Jam fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jul 11, 2017

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Kickass Harpsichord posted:

In the interest of having orders in by the deadline, I've moved to 0704 to support the right hook.

Okay, that could work (if you've already submitted the orders).

Mauler will cover the left side with the Nova and Balius, Battlemaster and Hatamoto-Chi will push into the boat pens, and 'Sag' will stay on the wall, engaging the Gargoyle this turn.

Depending on how the situation develops, I can jump in/out to help the Mauler and or continue helping to push the two assaults back.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Just an FYI, I need to take my car into the shop tomorrow. The driver's side passenger window has failed and won't stay up. It's early enough it shouldn't stop me from updating, but I'm also getting a windshield wiper problem fixed (I think it's just a blown fuse, I can turn them on but I can't turn them off without cutting engine power). I dunno how long it'll all take, so I figured I'd warn you just in case.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

You have a failed window regulator which should be a fairly quick and easy fix. Your wipers are not a blown fuse (that would prevent them working at all) - it's probably a problem with the switch itself, usually a stalk on the steering column. That may be an easy fix or depending on the make/model and design could require taking apart the steering column, which can be complex if there's an airbag in the steering wheel. There could also possibly be some issue with the motor assembly itself, although I'd say that's less likely.

Either way, good luck with the car! Electrical gremlins are annoying.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

PoptartsNinja posted:

. . . the driver's side passenger window has failed and won't stay up . . . I'm also getting a windshield wiper problem fixed (I think it's just a blown fuse, I can turn them on but I can't turn them off without cutting engine power) . . .

Errrmm, its a feature, not a bug? (smile)

Best of luck, hopefully its not too expensive for you.

Orders will be submitted by midnight (for the 'Sag', anyways).

Yakumo
Oct 7, 2008
Alright, I'll plan to move into the boat pens. I'll wait until I hear where the Battlemaster plans to go to decide where to end up, but I'm not working tonight so I'll be able to get in orders for sure.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions
[madden mode: ON]

"Now, now look here Al, what we've got here is, uh, it's a pretty standard zone blitz. These things didn't used to be standard but the standard's changed over the years, and now zone blitzes are pretty standard. What you get with a zone blitz is you get some linemen dropping into coverage and guys covering areas of the field. Then you get some rushers off the edge or maybe through the middle."

"See, up north you have two big mechs over the middle holding, and you've got two edge rushers. Now, uh, these guys, they can try to go around or they can cut back into the A gap right there and cause some trouble. Either way those are guys the offense needs to pick up before they get in and sack the quarterback. You gotta give your playmakers time to make plays. But you can't overcommit either and let the blitz dictate your whole gameplan. That's not how you win games in the National Football League. Now, the good news is it's all one-on-one up there and that gives the offense a good opportunity if they execute, hit their blocks and play the right way."

"Down south you've got kinda the same thing but you've got edge rushers on both the left and right, standard kinda 3-4 blitz from your outside linebackers. Now, now see the good thing is there's a lot of open field down there to work with so that gives some time to set up a play. The downside is that is the numbers game. They're just gonna have to be patient and hope the offense up north can punch into the secondary and eat up some yardage."

[madden mode: OFF]

Yakumo
Oct 7, 2008
The last thing I saw from the Battlemaster player was that he was going in the boat pens so I'm going to send in orders assuming that's still his plan. Moving to 0906 and firing on the Gargoyle.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Yakumo posted:

The last thing I saw from the Battlemaster player was that he was going in the boat pens so I'm going to send in orders assuming that's still his plan. Moving to 0906 and firing on the Gargoyle.

Yes, sorry thought I had posted the final.

Battlemaster is advancing to 0908 and firing on the Gargoyle.

Playing the Draconis Suns anthem while doing so is optional.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Jew it to it! posted:

"Two Halves of an Orchestra Brawling, With Each Other"

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Xarbala posted:

I love Rite of Spring!

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Xarbala posted:

And here I'd have thought that would be the Free Worlds League anthem? Or is that more of a Royal Rumble style thing?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Night10194 posted:

I love Rite of Spring!

I'll admit it, I chuckled.

Fraction Jackson posted:

And here I'd have thought that would be the Free Worlds League anthem? Or is that more of a Royal Rumble style thing?

Yeah, the free-for-all nature of your average Marik philharmonic adds an extra pinch of frisson.

Runa fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jul 12, 2017

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Fraction Jackson posted:

Sadly no member planet of the Free Worlds League can agree on what the anthem is.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Sadly no member planet of the Free Worlds League can agree on what the anthem is.

And yet somehow we can all agree it's "not that one".

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Now I want to see an attempt for an all-worlds FWL orchestra to play the national anthem.

They all start playing different things...then after about 30 seconds someone gets brained with an oboe. The bassists are hiding fruitlessly behind their instruments, the timpani guy just starts playing louder and louder until everyone's eardrums threaten to crack, an Oriente trumpet player gets a Regulus tuba dropped on his head, the second violins are fencing with their bows, and the violists - who are naturally just angry at the world, for making them play the viola and it being boring as gently caress - just start trying to maim everyone in sight.

And then the crowd applauds - it's the best orchestra brawl they've seen in about three weeks.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Fraction Jackson posted:

. . . they're just gonna have to be patient and hope the offense up north can punch into the secondary and eat up some yardage."

Working on it Coach! (smile)

Yakumo posted:

Jew it to it! posted:

Yes, sorry thought I had posted the final.

Battlemaster is advancing to 0908 and firing on the Gargoyle.

Orders submitted for The 'Sag':

Sagittaire will jump to 0806, facing 0807, and fire the ER PPC and x1 Large Pulse Laser at the Gargoyle in 1213.

Captain Dupont will also broadcast, “Loyal subjects of the Coordinator-Prince, rejoice, for The Dragon has returned. You will man your boats, and defend him onto death. Honor demands it.”

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Xarbala posted:

Ahem

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh snap

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

How very . . . appropriate?

Please tell me that Liberation Day also coincides with 'Peak Bloom' during Hanami.

How were the car repairs?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

CourValant posted:

How were the car repairs?

Tomorrow.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Sorry, I suck at reading, apparently. (smile)

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
2 to 3 more hours

$1300, not worth it. Looking into options.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jul 12, 2017

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Epoxy. (don't listen to me, but maybe listen to AI)

also on an unrelated note, what's the most football-linebacker like mech? For obvious reasons I think FractionJackson should get that next time they're up. :v:

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Psion posted:

Epoxy. (don't listen to me, but maybe listen to AI)

also on an unrelated note, what's the most football-linebacker like mech? For obvious reasons I think FractionJackson should get that next time they're up. :v:

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Linebacker :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
hahahah of course

well, sorry Fraction, you're now a clanner. :rip:

• Locked thread