Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
I feel like the last fellow may not be entirely sincere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
So, are they like, wahhabist muslims?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Glenn Quebec posted:

Pandas? A little bit, I guess.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

TheKennedys posted:

I feel like the last fellow may not be entirely sincere

It's possible, but I don't doubt that r/incels is just as subject to Poe's Law as any other platform for extreme weirdos.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

fruit on the bottom posted:

Big retarded bears in black and white that don't gently caress.

Are they volcel because they choose not to gently caress? Or are they incel because their environment prevents them from loving?

Glenn Quebec posted:

Soon-to-be it seems

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Pandas are only kept alive because panda sex tourism is a billion dollar black market industry. PRC keeps numbers low to drive up demand. If Ling-ling gets frisky with her own kind she gets a 5.8x42mm round in the head and she knows it. Connect the dots, people.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Zorodius posted:

Pandas are only kept alive because panda sex tourism is a billion dollar black market industry. PRC keeps numbers low to drive up demand. If Ling-ling gets frisky with her own kind she gets a 5.8x42mm round in the head and she knows it. Connect the dots, people.

Lmao I guess the one child policy wasn't just for people

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Long time lurker, first time question asker- why do incels hate makeup so much? Thanks ill listen to the answer off the air

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Evil Agita posted:

Long time lurker, first time question asker- why do incels hate makeup so much? Thanks ill listen to the answer off the air

Trying to make yourself look good when you are in public constitutes "lying." in their fantasy they have given up their inceldom with a 9/10 but the morning and a couple aveeno towlettes later they are a mere 7 and the man has been tricked into depositing his seed in an unworthy vessel.

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party

spacetoaster posted:

Incel videogame?

it's this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKVVKmcOI84

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

It always surprises me how much poster overlap there is between /r/The_Donald and /r/Incel

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Barudak posted:

Fruit on the bottom, its ok I irrationally hate pandas too.

Did you know of the several thousand species of bamboo, they eat only a dozen or so and all of those species are the only bamboo species to have random mass die offs. This process typically kills the pandas living in that area, but we now import new bamboo from other areas to feed them for reasons that elude me because Ive heard they arent even tasty.

Also of the several thousand different kinds of popsicles they only eat the orange ones. Picky fuckers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBo8ii8jikY

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Waffle House posted:

It always surprises me how much poster overlap there is between /r/The_Donald and /r/Incel

Does it really tho?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Does it really tho?

There's a thesis to be written about how so many dudes who worship masculinity and strength wound up idolizing and rallying behind an effete fat idiot who spends all his time making catty remarks about party invitations and plastic surgery.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Mak0rz posted:

I'm six and a half feet tall and never experienced the luxury of Chad Life.

Did I have Chad powers all this time and just never realized it? :ohdear:

"You never needed the polo shirt, Mak0rz! The Chad was in you all along!"

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Mak0rz posted:

I'm six and a half feet tall and never experienced the luxury of Chad Life.

Did I have Chad powers all this time and just never realized it? :ohdear:

You would know if you were a Chad, you would wakeup every morning with at least 3 random women leaving your bedroom.

Also your cock would be monstrous, so seeing as how you didn't mention that...

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I don't know if it's too late to join the conversation about how incels could get better, but that's what annoys me the most about them-- it's pointless.

They're not going to listen to any advice, because one of their own rules for being an incel is "It's permanent, nothing will help, don't even try." They're slavishly dedicated to hopelessness and it's so loving infuriating to me.

It doesn't matter what the suggestion is-- go outside, bathe more, just generally act like a human-- the only response is "No, that won't work. My long philtrum and unruly clavicles mean that there is nothing in this life for me, and I just have to accept it."

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Parasol Prophet posted:

"No, that won't work. My long philtrum and unruly clavicles mean that there is nothing in this life for me, and I just have to accept it."

They would be a lot more pleasant if they just accepted it

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Well, I guess by "accept" I meant "moan endlessly online about how it's impossible to fix and why do all the stupid Chads have to wave their sexy philtrums at me like they're taunting me, I just know it, waah..."

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

They should take up sweeping temple steps

Seventh Mode
Aug 29, 2012

Mode 7-style rendering was also used for the Special Stages in Sonic CD.
The more you know!

Noblesse Obliged posted:

They should take up sweeping temple steps

All the incels make their own little monastery in Wyoming so no one will ever have to see their sad, disgusting, ugliness. No Chads. No Stacies.

I wonder how long before they start killing (or loving) each other.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

You'd think if it were so hopeless they'd work to chemically suppress their libidos so they're no longer bothered by the craving for sex.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

You'd think if it were so hopeless they'd work to chemically suppress their libidos so they're no longer bothered by the craving for sex.

One of them tried to get a psychologist to give them the chemical castration

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

Evil Agita posted:

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Trying to make yourself look good when you are in public constitutes "lying." in their fantasy they have given up their inceldom with a 9/10 but the morning and a couple aveeno towlettes later they are a mere 7 and the man has been tricked into depositing his seed in an unworthy vessel.

I think they're also envious that it's socially acceptable for women to wear makeup. Like it gives women an unfair advantage in looking good compared to men. Of course, they're oblivious to the disadvantages.

They probably envy women being able to wear high heels as well.

client
Aug 19, 2010

brian fury is definitely a chad

yoshimitsu is an incel

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

green chicken feet posted:

I think they're also envious that it's socially acceptable for women to wear makeup. Like it gives women an unfair advantage in looking good compared to men. Of course, they're oblivious to the disadvantages.

To some extent the whole body positivity idea (which has its own problems of different unrealistic expectations) doesn't tend to talk much about men. There are absolutely valid reasons for that, but it's not good to ignore that men can also have body image issues, just coming from way fewer sources. I forget how I was intending to relate that to your post.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Lol if you think painting a face on is only worth a +2 on the beauty stat.

green chicken feet posted:

The disadvantage mainly being that without it they are considered scruffy I'm guessing?

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Waffle House posted:

That is by far the least surprising thing about this.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Like, the entire gist of the Trump campaign was "men deserve to have power by virtue of being men" ie literally the incel worldview.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Apollodorus posted:

Like, the entire gist of the Trump campaign was "men deserve to have power by virtue of being men" ie literally the incel worldview.

I thought it was that but replace men with white people.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Benny Harvey posted:

I thought it was that but replace men with white people.
white men, actually

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Benny Harvey posted:

Lol if you think painting a face on is only worth a +2 on the beauty stat.

If you're ridiculously good at makeup it can make a huge difference, but, like most things about people, what you see in the media and what you see irl aren't the same thing. I'm not ridiculously good at makeup so when I wear it I'd say it would give anywhere from a +1 to +3, depending on a whole host of factors: the lighting, if I'm using liquid/powder, if I did a good job on my eyeliner, if my lipstick smears (which is itself dependent upon about a dozen different factors)-and that's not even getting into highlighting or contouring. In summation, makeup varies from person to person, from day to day, and the reason I tell you this is to demonstrate that A)the media has lied to you about how makeup works and B) you can't lump all women in together as the same thing. Heck, lots of women don't even wear makeup.

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

Benny Harvey posted:

The disadvantage mainly being that without it they are considered scruffy I'm guessing?

I'd say that's a big part of it. Something that could be an advantage becomes an expectation if enough people do it, and then it's a disadvantage if someone doesn't do it. Many women have the experience of being told they look tired or sick on a day they didn't wear makeup.

Applying make-up can also be time-consuming, plus add on the additional time for removing the make-up. And the products and implements all cost money.

Women face a similar issue with their hair because women's hairstyles tend to be more difficult, expensive, and time-consuming than men's. These things add up, and in general a significantly larger portion of women's time and budget is consumed by beauty routines than men's.

I'd call this a disadvantage for women because it takes away from time that could be used for other essential things - time that men aren't expected to use for make-up and hair.

Not to go off on a complete tangent, but there's also an element of classism in the expectations. Because lol if anyone thinks the rich don't have a beauty advantage due to lack of time and money constraints, including ability to hire professional stylists.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

vortmax posted:

white men, actually

Yes this.

Also remember how when he got Time Person of the Year he suggested that they should change it back to Man of the Year and everyone at the victory rally agreed.

Trump is what incels imagine they would be if they had money, basically. Frankly, I don't think they're wrong.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

A minor but overlooked tangent is the fact that some of these guys were the unseen voice in this picture:

And have yet to understand why their unprompted flattery was met with contempt.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ralph Crammed In posted:

If you're ridiculously good at makeup it can make a huge difference, but, like most things about people, what you see in the media and what you see irl aren't the same thing. I'm not ridiculously good at makeup so when I wear it I'd say it would give anywhere from a +1 to +3, depending on a whole host of factors: the lighting, if I'm using liquid/powder, if I did a good job on my eyeliner, if my lipstick smears (which is itself dependent upon about a dozen different factors)-and that's not even getting into highlighting or contouring. In summation, makeup varies from person to person, from day to day, and the reason I tell you this is to demonstrate that A)the media has lied to you about how makeup works and B) you can't lump all women in together as the same thing. Heck, lots of women don't even wear makeup.

Yeah, most of the photos that show off what makeup can do are highly dependent on lighting more than the actual cosmetics.

In my experience, makeup doesn't change things irl nearly as much as it changes things in photos.

Similarly, the makeup for, say, drag shows looks very good on a stage, and looks like hot rear end in person--very cakey and gross. It's for stage lighting and dark bars and looks good exactly there and nowhere else.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

mind the walrus posted:

A minor but overlooked tangent is the fact that some of these guys were the unseen voice in this picture:

this is 99% of men so

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

mind the walrus posted:

They'll never grasp this concept, as giving flattery to a woman at all is a rarity for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Pick posted:

this is 99% of men so
Point.

My Linux Rig posted:

They'll never grasp this concept, as giving flattery to a woman at all is a rarity for them
I'm willing to bet loads of them try flattery as kids/teenagers/young men and are aghast that showing basic standards of decency--and badly at that--isn't successful. Then they do the whole "turn inwards, refuse to change, blame the world" shtick that turns them into human septic tanks.

• Locked thread