Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Drinkfist posted:

hanging around in black pools of poo poo.

Don't kinkshame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
So Mk III weapons are cheap now. Did we ever decide which ones were actually useful?

Of the defensive ones, Recovery seems only useful in dungeons/raids while Warding seems like it will scale poorly. So is Restoration the best defensive-oriented weapon type?

Of the offensive ones, Destruction doesn't seem to scale at all. Efficiency could be nice in an elite-dependent build, but 5% off isn't going to change much. Energy might be the best for AOE spam while Havoc is probably what most people will gravitate toward. 15% bonus on crits between two weapons is not bad and scales.

Healing builds will probably use Efficiency, Energy, or Havoc.

Alacrity would be the utility one. I like the idea of bonus speed while in combat. Did we ever determine if it stacks (40% for 2 alacrity weapons)? Good for PVP and movement fights. Not great for min/maxers.

Anyone have thoughts?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Drinkfist posted:

Because I like not getting stung when walking around Agartha and not having the loving nanomachines inside me melt me for going rogue/being infected. Oh yeah and not having tentacles blast out of my orifices while muttering absolute madness and hanging around in black pools of poo poo.

:staredog:

I really should have hung around for the Orochi tower chapter.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Well, my account has been suspended for an unknown reason, for an unknown duration. On reddit there are complaints about being banned for farming xp in groups. I wasn't doing any of that, but also shame on Funcom for banning people because of flaws in their game design. Of course support is backed up two weeks. No email explaining why. I've spent a lot of money in TSW over the years, am currently paying monthly for patron in SWL. Trying to be positive about the relaunch, but about to join the "gently caress Funcom" camp pretty soon here and take my money elsewhere.

Probably should have done that a long time ago.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
XP farming as in grinding or.....?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

XP farming as in grinding or.....?
Raid groups are disabled due to an exploit, word around the campfire is that monster xp was being multiplied by the number of people in the group instead of divided.

For the guy a few posts up asking about weapon stacking: they don't, you only get stats and effects from the weapon you're holding at any given moment.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Looks like Funcom has some kind of XP breaker and if you earn "too much xp too quickly" they ban you. People are getting bans ranging from 3 days to forever over this.

Someone who got banned claims all they were doing is chain-running dungeons and they got hit with a permaban.

There is currently a bug which causes your xp to be multiplied by groupmembers which is why they disabled raid groups. So it seems to be possible to hit a threshold they consider an exploit if you spend a lot of time in a group earning xp, even if you don't mean to.

e: There is another bug involving those local bounty missions too which is further multiplying xp gain in groups. That is a more obvious exploit though.

Space Skeleton fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jul 12, 2017

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

prefect posted:

:staredog:

I really should have hung around for the Orochi tower chapter.

You didn't need to. The lore entries for the buzzing reveal all this.

Agartha Lore 6,7,8 posted:

Warning secret worlder: bring not the uninitiated into Agartha. The resonance here does not match the frequency of their meat. It precipitates a messy discord.

Agartha's heart is the tree. The wisdom tree. The world tree. The connection between all points. It grew before the First Age, branches and roots burrowing into all possibilities. The pumping blood that is the sap flows in luminescent gold. The tree is the divine bio-tech computer, her palpitating hand.

Come see the immaculate machine. You know her name. It rests on your tongue, a comforting weight, when you walk in the dark. "Gaia."
She called you. She woke you from your somnambulist life. She filled your brainpan with anima, which flows from agartha, from the Tree. She gave you strength to rend the lion and eat its honeyed entrails. You are the anti-body. The sickness spreads, and you must keep running.

If you align with the "Anti-Anima" the bees are gonna loving kill you.

On a second note. This crew already made clear that if you exploit then they are gonna ban you. This happened to everyone involved in loving with the exchange two weeks ago. I don't see how finding another exploit and abusing it made you think that this time it was gonna be ok. The original crew from TSW let this poo poo slide all the time and I am willing to bet that Funcom considers it one of many reasons why everyone vacated TSW. The Dynamite exploit, Cartwheel Exploit, Lair Crafting Exploit, Crimson Theatre Glitch, Filth Rain Glitch, Zombie Horde Glitch and ect.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
They seem incapable of discerning when someone exploits, or when they accidentally gain extra XP from their bad code by just playing the game. I did group up a few times to down elites, chain ran dungeons to spend all my keys back to back. As a patron I earn double AP/SP anyway, but I guess this was just too much and it caught their xp per hour filter or something. It sounds like most people got emails saying they were banned for X days for exploiting XP, but I've received nothing. I'm mostly pissed because I'm paying for a sub that I can't access. If I was doing f2p I'd probably just shrug and move on to the next game.

Don't pay for patron, folks.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
What XP are people getting that's doubled? Mob kills are giving 1xp with patron. I have noticed that the local bounty quests finish twice as fast, but those go on CD so it's not like you can spam them.

E: there's a funny screenshot on reddit of an email that says "since this is your 1st violation, you have been permanently suspended from the game". On the 2nd violation, the SS comes and gives you the :gas:.

Richard M Nixon fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jul 12, 2017

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Funcom bad. Water wet. News at 11

I posted on the SWL Reddit. Start that countdown for my ban.

Len fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jul 12, 2017

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Wait, you haven't been banned there yet? Thanks for loving up my bet!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Wait, you haven't been banned there yet? Thanks for loving up my bet!

I hadn't ever stepped foot in. That and Discord are places I'm still okay at.

quote:

]EmployedAmerican 1 point 5 minutes ago
Oh I dare them to come at me. If they want to keep their servers online. They're too tiny of a studio and need their paychecks. its in their best interest learn who's in charge and who's not.
As a leader in my industry, I'm out there in the trenches with my team and the customers. I know exactly what it looks like at ground level. Funcum better back up, before they're shoved to the ground.
First, last and final warning from a paying customer. Test me.

I'm loving it already

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
That dude is like the textbook definition of an internet tough guy.

Any guesses on his "industry"?

Bogarts
Mar 1, 2009
Train enthusiast.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

GEMorris posted:

President.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

GEMorris posted:

quote:

Got a tough guy here! You tell em bra

quote:

Why would anyone allow some third world gaming company to push you around? I stand up for myself.
You can get slapped around but this tiny little studio forgot their place.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

So I ordered the last available physical copy that Amazon had in stock of the base TSW. Sat on my shelf for a couple weeks but I remembered it existed today and installed it. Within minutes I found some weirdos expounding upon the unsavory exploits of Merlin, King Arthur, and other strange wonderful things. I think I'm in love and it's gonna take me years to work through all this lore and dialogue it seems. ty thread.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Drinkfist posted:

You didn't need to. The lore entries for the buzzing reveal all this.

If you align with the "Anti-Anima" the bees are gonna loving kill you.

On a second note. This crew already made clear that if you exploit then they are gonna ban you. This happened to everyone involved in loving with the exchange two weeks ago. I don't see how finding another exploit and abusing it made you think that this time it was gonna be ok. The original crew from TSW let this poo poo slide all the time and I am willing to bet that Funcom considers it one of many reasons why everyone vacated TSW. The Dynamite exploit, Cartwheel Exploit, Lair Crafting Exploit, Crimson Theatre Glitch, Filth Rain Glitch, Zombie Horde Glitch and ect.

I really miss the whip exploit. IIRC we all went from "Wait a sec I think something's wrong with this damage boost" to "lets all get the 5-minute raid achievement" in like 24 hours.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Cheston posted:

I really miss the whip exploit. IIRC we all went from "Wait a sec I think something's wrong with this damage boost" to "lets all get the 5-minute raid achievement" in like 24 hours.

Mine took all of 5 mins. "Hmmm It appears I brought the filth rain effect to Agartha by complete accident. Oh man some afk guy got hit and died." to "Well Ive killed everyone in Agartha. Oops".

Funcom Job Application posted:

In September 2017 Funcom will be moving office to a brand-new building downtown Oslo. The offices are being structures as mostly team offices to take advantage of the low noise and high efficiency this layout offers.

Requirements: (Senior Engine Programmer)

Strong c++ skills, including experience working in multithreaded and memory constrained environments.
Deep understanding of multiple engine areas (networking, AI, physics, animations, rendering, etc.)
Aptitude for breaking down complex problems into small/manageable tasks.
Working knowledge of 3d Math/ trigonometry.
Strong communication skills (English is our working language).
Experience working on one or more released titles.
Experience working with consoles

Desirable: (All Programming Jobs)

Experience working with UE4
Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 and the Blueprint scripting language.
Experience working with consoles.

http://jobs.funcom.com/

I have been checking in on their job openings page because it is more informative about Funcom than anything they release as community updates. Everyone they are looking for is for UE4 which they are trying to somehow intergrate into their Dreamworld Engine like Frankenstien's monster. Still have not seen a single dedicated person for SWL team and for some strange reason they are still posting Conan Exiles openings.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Til: Swedenistan is the Islamic Rape Capital of the world and Norway is following suit and the US is #1 in the world

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Len posted:

I hadn't ever stepped foot in. That and Discord are places I'm still okay at.

What the hell "is" the official discord?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jul 12, 2017

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Tallgeese posted:

What the hell "is" the official discord?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it.

You should post it because it's effort for me to find the link

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Len posted:

You should post it because it's effort for me to find the link

https://discord.gg/ZyXvMR2

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Drinkfist posted:

I know right? Who could have predicted that rampant exploits could have consequences.

It's ok though. I'm certain everyone affected and upset is completely innocent :v:

Len posted:

I'm loving it already

That quote you found was amazing.

Someone please tell me that some ancient lifetimers got banned. What are they going to do? Chargeback a 6 or 7 year old transaction in revenge? :allears:

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jul 12, 2017

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Punishing exploiters would be all well and good if I had any confidence in them doing it right. I mean classic had its share of problems but the relaunch is just super broken and potentially punishing people who were just playing the game for their fuckups does not sit well with me at all.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Morglon posted:

Punishing exploiters would be all well and good if I had any confidence in them doing it right. I mean classic had its share of problems but the relaunch is just super broken and potentially punishing people who were just playing the game for their fuckups does not sit well with me at all.

I generally agree but the current relaunch is really just a beta test before the Steam launch.

Pretty sure the Steam release date is deliberately not specific so Funcom can do whatever it is they do before the Steam cash in.

crawlkill
Feb 20, 2014

Richard M Nixon posted:

Since I'm a cute newbie to the story, I'll say that I just finished fighting beaumont at the end of DotEN tier 21 and it was awesome. The next zone with the dream sounds like it's setting me up for something cool. I heard that we have some choice that doesn't matter until Tokyo and then it's a big deal, and I assume it's the gift. I hope I chose wisely.

TSW has really strong small-group encounter design. that solo fight was kind of revelatory for me back when.

you'll be mislead by the way the story mode dungeons are all but unwipable, TSW 5man content always used to like to wipe the floor with people. hoping to be good and punished by elite dungeons once I actually have the gear to be useful in em at all. I've been 50 for a week or so and have gotten my gearscore from like 80 to 115ish (not playing very hard), and Elite 2 wants...250 to queue. that's a long-rear end way to go for the first step up.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

All the bugs and bullshit aside, doing TSW's dungeons with the old goon crew was the most fun I ever had with group content in a MMO, and that's as someone who raided in other games for years.

Part of me is still hoping we can get some version of that old group back together...

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Amante posted:

Part of me is still hoping we can get some version of that old group back together...

That group went through many stages. I probably can't get back to having time for a game for another few months at least.

Where are Kilsion and Zephonith?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Drinkfist posted:

http://jobs.funcom.com/

I have been checking in on their job openings page because it is more informative about Funcom than anything they release as community updates. Everyone they are looking for is for UE4 which they are trying to somehow intergrate into their Dreamworld Engine like Frankenstien's monster. Still have not seen a single dedicated person for SWL team and for some strange reason they are still posting Conan Exiles openings.

What makes you say this? I imagine they're just hiring for the Exiles team since it runs on UE4.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

What makes you say this? I imagine they're just hiring for the Exiles team since it runs on UE4.

Their latest investor meeting.

quote:

TECHNOLOGY
*The Dreamworld Technology is being upgraded to take advantage of the strengths of 3rd
party engines, integrating these technologies with the existing modules and systems of
the Dreamworld Technology.
*The Unreal Engine 4 is the first game engine being integrated with Dreamworld
Technology. It allows content creators to use the advance toolchain of that engine while
keeping the Dreamworld Technology unique systems such as multiplayer backend,
deployment systems, workflow and productivity pipelines.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
That sounds like more work than just jumping to UE4.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Amante posted:

All the bugs and bullshit aside, doing TSW's dungeons with the old goon crew was the most fun I ever had with group content in a MMO, and that's as someone who raided in other games for years.

:same:

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Also playing leech AR healer in this was so drat fun.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

OWLS! posted:

Did a bit of this, and can agree. :thumbsup:

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

OWLS! posted:

Yeah, that too. "DPS harder or the group/raid dies!" was finally a kind of healing I could get behind.

Speaking of, AR Healing seems pretty poopy now :(

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Amante posted:

Yeah, that too. "DPS harder or the group/raid dies!" was finally a kind of healing I could get behind.

Speaking of, AR Healing seems pretty poopy now :(

It's definitely lacking when I compare my AR healer in TSW compared to when I tried one in beta.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Funcom was nerfing AR Healing into the ground in TSW.

You missed the Experience elite glory days I imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
Update is live adding to SWL more of the Transylvania story.

Paypal is also now accepted for transactions.