Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

pubic works project posted:

Anyone XBone goons have Sub-Zero yet? I tried to look for him in the store but didn't see him.

Really irritating that something that was advertised as coming out today isn't accessible.

He's been available. Look for pack 1 in the store and you can see the individual breakdown of each part you have. You should have a Sub Zero tile that says "owned" but not "installed". Click it to download.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Sub-Zero's ending is already up on YouTube. He's a nice guy, that Sub-Zero.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Its that time again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ALeapkvcXo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOxccSNw4Oo

Only day 1 and with the way he works I know theres gonna be mountains of stuff more in the future to figure out with the clone and the like, but its a solid start off to Sub-Zero.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Sub-Zero gets a unique line for Catwoman but everything he says to Captain Cold could be generic lines with anyone

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Subzero owns

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Sub-Zero gets a unique line for Catwoman but everything he says to Captain Cold could be generic lines with anyone

I kinda like that MK vs. DC is still sort-of in canon for Injustice.

Unless...

Is this Ed Boon teasing us that the next game is MKvDC2? :tinfoil:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Technowolf posted:

Unless...

Need this

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Technowolf posted:

Unless...

I hate that idea but NRS is so solid since MK9 that I'd still buy it

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

They'd have to be more choosy about the roster since there's quite a bit of overlap between MKX + IJ2 in terms of character moveset and design.

Can't wait to see Captain Cold in another NRS game though!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

I hate that idea but NRS is so solid since MK9 that I'd still buy it

Crossovers are fantastic sorry you hate fun

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Has that game aged well I never played it

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

No

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Empress Brosephine posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWj8l5MMBec

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Empress Brosephine posted:

It's interesting as a precursor to the systems that went into MK9 and Injustice, since it introduces stuff like breakers and stage transitions, and as a game, it's a massive step up from where MK was going before it.

Its biggest problem is that it gets degenerate once you reach any skill level above beginner. Green Lantern and Flash both have 45%+ combos off their breaker, and IIRC, Sub-Zero gets really stupid once he has a full rage meter. Also, as was already mentioned, the T-rated "fatalities" are just sort of embarrassing.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

As a Bane main, Sub-Zero can die in a fire please. The hitbox weirdness with wakeup slide is ridiculous. As a character whose main tool is freeze, B3, ouch time, he's basically the ultimate Bane counter.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wanderer posted:

It's interesting as a precursor to the systems that went into MK9 and Injustice, since it introduces stuff like breakers and stage transitions, and as a game, it's a massive step up from where MK was going before it.

Its biggest problem is that it gets degenerate once you reach any skill level above beginner. Green Lantern and Flash both have 45%+ combos off their breaker, and IIRC, Sub-Zero gets really stupid once he has a full rage meter. Also, as was already mentioned, the T-rated "fatalities" are just sort of embarrassing.

Hmm yeah I would probably play it just for shits and giggles. I HATED that era of MK though which is why I never played it. Maybe if it ever becomes backwards compatible

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I enjoyed the Deception/Armageddon phase of MK mainly because they stopped giving a poo poo and just threw all these ridiculous characters out there.

I actually miss some of them, like Havik and Ashrah, who were cool designs and concepts

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Cheetah: You lack KILLER INSTINCT!
Sub-Zero: No, I've engaged in MORTAL KOMBAT!

Holy poo poo, Ed Boon.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Haha I didn't see that one yet.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Beefstew posted:

Cheetah: You lack KILLER INSTINCT!
Sub-Zero: No, I've engaged in MORTAL KOMBAT!

Holy poo poo, Ed Boon.

I got "This is a REAL Killer Frost!" yesterday and I couldn't stop grinning.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Technowolf posted:

I like this idea but only if it can have the ultra violence of Mortal Kombat X.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Okay I absolutely love Sub-Zero and it's making me mad. I wanted to hate him since I only want DC characters in this.

I find it interesting that Black Adam might have brought him to this Earth.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I'm assuming SZ isn't legal at EVO?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

There is a waiting period for new characters, I think it's two months?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Harley Quinn can gently caress right off. I'm fighting the most annoying level 20 Harley. Her stats are insane. My AI Flash is even having a hard time. Bullshit.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

There is a waiting period for new characters, I think it's two months?

Depends on the tournament but usually its 2 weeks for most tournaments in most games for either new characters, or a new patch.

So no, Sub-Zero ain't gonna be at EVO.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Sub-zero sure doesn't fear sorcery but he respects everyone's bravery

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
I had a meaningfull interaction between sub zero and captain cold, but it wasn't especially memorable.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I hope that Injustice 3 has Sub-Zero hanging out as a member of the Justice League.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

pubic works project posted:

Okay I absolutely love Sub-Zero and it's making me mad. I wanted to hate him since I only want DC characters in this.

I find it interesting that Black Adam might have brought him to this Earth.

Makes sense that the most broken character in the game potentially summoned yet another god-tier character into his universe.

Been sick as poo poo this week but from the little time I spend with Sub-Zero, can already tell he is loving insane. The speed on this guy combined with the power of his specials+meter burns is disgusting. You'll absolutely see him in tournaments constantly.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Killer Frost premium skin for Sub-Zero, please

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Unfortunately, back when Batwoman was a wanted skin, Boon shut down the possibility of genderswap premier skins. Makes sense when you're considering hitboxes.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I want Batwoman to be in the game and for her to have the same musculature as Batman.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

I want Batwoman to be in the game and for her to have the same musculature as Batman.

This please

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Just give Sub-Zero an Icicle skin. Or a Polar Boy one.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

I want Batwoman to be in the game and for her to have the same musculature as Bane.

FTFY

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

KANE.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
Hey ya'll just FYI there's a goon fighting game Discord server and we'd love to see people pop in to chat about Evo this weekend! If you're not familiar with Discord it's basically just a super good chat client you can use with a browser or desktop application, 100% free!

Here's a link to the channel if you're interested: https://discord.gg/PpEHwGj

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I picked up Catwoman as a secondary for when I'm bored of RKOing people outta nowheeeerrrrrrrrrrrre and she's great. There are a lot of strings to memorize if you want different ways to open people up, but once you get a few that you like you can basically just pressure all day changing up the way they have to block, until you get a MB cat dash and then it's time for pain. My biggest weakness right now seems to be optimizing her in the corner, but in midrange and neutral she seems amazing (compared to my usual style with Bane where it's basically a wash if I can't get the corner and hold it, and neutral is a poo poo show.)

I can actually do most of her BnB stuff more reliably than I can do most of the really tasty Bane stuff... which is scary given how big the differentials in practice time are :negative:

strangemusic fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jul 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Only if it actively changed his Super into a Tombstone or Chokeslam.

• Locked thread