Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
So do I and it's not. There's literally 5 bots running a zig zag in front of me, one is literally auto following the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

SettingSun posted:

Are you saying you hit 70 before you finished Bardam's? Because verity only drops when you run things at 70.

I can believe that, I was 70 before the next dungeon thanks to roulettes and Raubahn EX holding up the MSQ.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
I would like to say that after 12 runs of O2 I absolutely love this loot system! It is not frustrating, and infuriating at all! There's nothing like seeing a 1,200 DPS Dragoon faceplanting into a dirt nap five times in the fight roll an 82 and beat everyone for a Lens!

Cool And Good! :yeah:

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Rascyc posted:

So do I and it's not. There's literally 5 bots running a zig zag in front of me, one is literally auto following the other.

You don't need a bot for that

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I mean, it's a problem. But it's not detracting from my enjoyment of it and I still win a bunch in spite of it.

I literally cannot think of a way to combat it without outright killing its popularity.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Rascyc posted:

It is the Year Of Our Lord, 2019. Square Enix has now implemented a patch that queues bots with bots.

Fifteen minutes of seventy two people running in circles, training off each other.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

SettingSun posted:

I mean, it's a problem. But it's not detracting from my enjoyment of it and I still win a bunch in spite of it.

I literally cannot think of a way to combat it without outright killing its popularity.
My either it's just a venting point when your team is already doing clown poo poo and ahhhhhh loving pvp!!!!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Put in PVP, but with my adventurer squadron fighting other people's like some kind of hosed-up pokemans.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Put in PVP, but with my adventurer squadron fighting other people's like some kind of hosed-up pokemans.

Perhaps they could make it more like a RTS. In fact rather than your adventurers they could use something else in the game, a collectable like minions perhaps, and give them all unique abilities and stats.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

"did somebody say RTS?" says lord of verminion, perking up from its squalid, unused corner of the gold saucer

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I would murder serveral people if it meant that they would put an FFT-like minigame in the gold saucer.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Maybe blitz ball will be the rts we've been dreaming of

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I would murder serveral people if it meant that they would put an FFT-like minigame in the gold saucer.

*looks up from pile of bodies from an altar labeled 'sacrifices for new fft'*

yes....would.....

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Give me something like Darkest Dungeon where you manage a raid static.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Rocket Chocobos

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

it is raid time. your dps did not bring pots, one of your healers did not show up, and the tanks can't repair their gear so you need to leave every six pulls

i did it for you.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

That's convenient because some stranger just rang my doorbell and gave me this monkey paw and told me it grants wishes.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

i'm the primal ex mount buyer that takes 50 kills to get a mount. Also lol at the person not realizing they do this because the buyer is expected to either paypal them cash or buy gil on their server.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

i'm the primal ex mount buyer that takes 50 kills to get a mount. Also lol at the person not realizing they do this because the buyer is expected to either paypal them cash or buy gil on their server.

How do those things even work anyway, beyond "badly and don't do it, you money-wasting moron." I can't even imagine what the actual process is beyond a huge convoluted mess.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

Then report them for RMT and take your free doge.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

Then report them for RMT and take your free doge.

they probably dont start the clears until you pay up

Baby T. Love
Aug 5, 2009

m.hache posted:

(until I memorize fights I suppose).

It's a good thing memorizing fights is incredibly easy then. Also, most raidwide AoE has a cast bar and is Third Eyeable. Ukehi and Stotram are the two from EX Primals. Also as SAM there is a good chance you'll be the target of the Blue Marker AoE of Lakshmi, and as that is a buster Third Eye could save you if healers are bad.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
is it just me wanting to start ninja funtimes and stop cockney jamble treasure hunts that all go the exact same way or is the 20-30 grind still a completely uninteresting slog despite all the exp buffs and all?

I think it's just the zones, really. It's not until 30ish when you actually break out of the 'your choice is forest, desert, or cliffs, forever' that lasts since you start your character.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Thanks for the tip about adding equipment sets to the hotbar, friend goons; that alone has improved my FFXIV experience immensely.

I think I really like this game you guys. :3 I've tried a lot of MMOs since WoW and this might be the first one to capture some of that feeling of "wow this is a world I really want to see more of."

I'm sure I'll have more dumb questions as I go along, so thanks in advance!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Fister Roboto posted:

just port My Life as a King to ffxiv.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
I have a lot of fond memories of just walking around the world taking screenshots. The black shroud is very colorful but limsa is by far my favorite area

Imagine my surprise when I didn't know summerford farms or the entire map it's based in existed because there are no MSQs that go there. I didn't unlock that aetheryte until months after hitting 50. It's so pretty though, with a full view of the main city lit up at night :kimchi:

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
So I want to get back into the game after 4 years; evidently I can put in some recruitment code or something? Anyone got one I can nab?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

How do those things even work anyway, beyond "badly and don't do it, you money-wasting moron." I can't even imagine what the actual process is beyond a huge convoluted mess.

You give the person gil, person and their 6 buddies go into the trial with you and you promptly die or actually try to do it and the other 7 people leave your body on the floor and clear it without your help.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Countblanc posted:

just port My Life as a King to ffxiv.

Oh my god

E: also, can someone show me a good hotbar setup (and a controller one too if you don't mind)?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Leal posted:

You give the person gil, person and their 6 buddies go into the trial with you and you promptly die or actually try to do it and the other 7 people leave your body on the floor and clear it without your help.

I guess my problem there is that I can only imagine the actual outcome is "here is my gil, wait why did you sign off where is doggo?!?" but I'm cynical that way.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

I guess my problem there is that I can only imagine the actual outcome is "here is my gil, wait why did you sign off where is doggo?!?" but I'm cynical that way.

I'm sure the mods actually deal out punishment for those, much like people who join clear parties that clearly state "Don't roll on this item" and the person rolls on it and get a pm from a GM shortly after.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it's not against tos to sell clears/mounts/etc, and as long as there's a written agreement in the chatlogs GMs WILL take it pretty seriously, yeah.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
I don't know about primal mount farming, since those don't drop every time, but the run-selling "community" for savage content is fairly well-organized, and most servers have some extremely trusted groups

which is kind of necessary, since if you're buying cutting-edge content, you have to actually let the sellers log onto your account and play as your character

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

it's not against tos to sell clears/mounts/etc, and as long as there's a written agreement in the chatlogs GMs WILL take it pretty seriously, yeah.

For gil, I'd imagine that they'd take a different view of you paypaling somebody cash for a clear.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

pnumoman posted:

So I want to get back into the game after 4 years; evidently I can put in some recruitment code or something? Anyone got one I can nab?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3726688

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Ghost of Starman posted:

Thanks for the tip about adding equipment sets to the hotbar, friend goons; that alone has improved my FFXIV experience immensely.

I think I really like this game you guys. :3 I've tried a lot of MMOs since WoW and this might be the first one to capture some of that feeling of "wow this is a world I really want to see more of."

I'm sure I'll have more dumb questions as I go along, so thanks in advance!

I'm a huge fanboy for this game and even I admit that the early game is complete loving unbearable trash.

If you're enjoying it now, you're gonna gave a real good time once you hit the lead up to Heavensward.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The early game I don't think is that bad, it's slow-paced but has a lot of worldbuilding and such. The absolute dire part is basically Pre-Titan to Titan or maybe to Garuda depending on your patience. Once you get past Garuda is begins picking up a bit (with occasional dips in post 2.0.)

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Really what I meant was that the content is too easy and boring to play but if you want to talk about the story, yeah it's fine except for Garuda, Titan, and some of the filler after 2.0.

I started leveling dork knight and I realized I just don't enjoy doing any pre-50 dungeon anymore because of how brain dead it is.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Renegret posted:

Really what I meant was that the content is too easy and boring to play but if you want to talk about the story, yeah it's fine except for Garuda, Titan, and some of the filler after 2.0.

I started leveling dork knight and I realized I just don't enjoy doing any pre-50 dungeon anymore because of how brain dead it is.

some of the actual 50 dungeons are okay, but considering we spent around 3-4 years at this point with our level 50 abilities, losing them feels really bad. i've been running like 5-6 lldrs a day and it's so aggravating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

some of the actual 50 dungeons are okay, but considering we spent around 3-4 years at this point with our level 50 abilities, losing them feels really bad. i've been running like 5-6 lldrs a day and it's so aggravating.

I'm still bitter that they didn't swap the level requirement for Synastry and Gravity for AST. Going into a level 50 dungeon and not having an AoE skill in content that we out level so much that a single HoT can keep the tank alive...it doesn't feel good.

When I level sync below 40 as BLM and have to start transposing, I die a little bit on the inside.