Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

time zones are obsolete btw

we should operate on one single global clock. hell yeah the sun sets at 0300 in NYC, that's how we roll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Venuz Patrol posted:

hey r/legaladvice i kicked my adult daughter out of my house for breaking my ironclad curfew rules. i still like, own her though, right? i still get to make decisions for her and murder her friends if i don't like them?

girl estranged from rear end in a top hat parents, meets kind-hearted boy who likes helping the homeless

what a nice story

until y'know rear end in a top hat parents return and murder boy

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Being a living bot that just reposts poo poo from some reddit forum in full 4k is a lovely gimmick that pb would've probably gotten away with if it wasn't 8 posts per page on every page

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

sometimes I worry about being a bad dad but I will never be able to be this bad of a dad.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Dork457 posted:

Where did "nothing burger" come from? I thought it was just dumb internet speak but apparently politicians and commentators use it all the time.

the term "nothing burger" was popularized by a newspaper gossip columnist in the 1950s and has sort of lingered in the background of pundit-speak for decades but has had a huge resurgence in recent years for god only knows what reason

try following the link found here to this linguist's WSJ article on the subject

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Venuz Patrol posted:

its about god drat time

is it though or is it an hour ahead or an hour behind i always mess that up

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
I got bored and felt like breaking my brain so I went over to /pol/ to see how they are taking this whole Don Jr thing...

They are defending him of course, but they are also posting a lot about Macron. Many on the alt-right now see Macron as 'based' and are happy he won.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

I appreciate that he's getting this into the discussion but yeah it's way too early for this poo poo

You don't convict someone for obstruction of justice until you figure out what they were trying to cover up first, or else they actually did successfully obstruct justice

in D&D this post would be read as a defense of Russian interventionism in American elections

Chris James 2 posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/12/us/we...nge0109PMVODtop Up to 180 US locales may not be livable in the next 20 years due to rising seas

Finally, something that could bring down Boston real-estate prices

my prayers have been answered

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Anyone got that pic of the guy that was blocked by Trump for a weird DM?

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?
https://twitter.com/drdesrochers/status/885204091533742080

pence's visit is literally to a small warehouse in lexington, off of a nowhere side road with a bike shop and a crappy car wash surrounding it

it's a place where you can rent tables, chairs, coolers, tents, and other supplies for parties or cookouts

100 boomers are wearing suits and dress clothes inside of an un-airconditioned warehouse off of a side street in lexington kentucky to hear a former radio talk-show host and failed governor talk about a health care bill that is so toxic at the moment that even red-state true believers are calling for it to be killed

america is so great

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

loquacius posted:

in D&D this post would be read as a defense of Russian interventionism in American elections

by that do you mean jack them up

more seaside property every year :toot:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Chris James 2 posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/12/us/we...nge0109PMVODtop Up to 180 US locales may not be livable in the next 20 years due to rising seas

great, Oregon's not listed in their big excel sheet, which means all of the fucks from the south are going go move here, fantastic.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

my town is built around a slowly-draining bay and on every milestone of new waterfront land more property gets built

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Grem posted:

Anyone got that pic of the guy that was blocked by Trump for a weird DM?

which one? the one where they kept sending him hentai or the other one where they kept sending him hentai

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

i hope something cool & funny happens today, gogogo 4:00-6:00

Genuine Fake
Oct 2, 2004

loquacius posted:

so what's the deal, was this a "welp volcano's erupting, gently caress it, gonna go out in style" situation or was he actually a volcano eruption fetishist

have scholars reached a consensus on this very important datapoint

Limbs got twisted by the heat, probably wasn't jerkin' it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Former Everything posted:

100 boomers are wearing suits and dress clothes inside of an un-airconditioned warehouse off of a side street in lexington kentucky to hear a former radio talk-show host and failed governor talk about a health care bill that is so toxic at the moment that even red-state true believers are calling for it to be killed

maybe a few of them will drop dead from heat exhaustion

a man can dream

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Yinlock posted:

my town is built around a slowly-draining bay and on every milestone of new waterfront land more property gets built

Where the hell is that?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Louisgod posted:

great, Oregon's not listed in their big excel sheet, which means all of the fucks from the south are going go move here, fantastic.

florida will be evenly spread around the country instead of concentrated in one place

there's a breach in the old people cage

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Holy_Zarquon posted:

wow historical revisionism much

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Holy_Zarquon posted:

trap sprung past life alt account found

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Holy_Zarquon posted:

this is an even more buzzkill answer than the answers I got before

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Yinlock posted:

florida will be evenly spread around the country instead of concentrated in one place

gods willing the water will claim them first

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

which one? the one where they kept sending him hentai or the other one where they kept sending him hentai

Either or really. But there was one that said "I have information about Clint" then they sent a weird question and got blocked.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Yinlock posted:

this is the worst thing I've seen all day, and I watched the child nazi gutar video.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

zen death robot posted:

i hope if i ever die in a pyroclastic flow my limbs dont randomly twist to grab my dick that would mess up my other plans

plans to grab your dick, ironically

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

loquacius posted:

good

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Andrei Dorkovsky posted:

i confess i havent seen that but by my count hes only made 4 good movies ever

unforgiven
high plains drifter
outlaw josy wales
pale rider

still better than john ford, suck it movie nerds

Mods please change my name to The Outlaw Jimbo Wales

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
bet you havent watched these remarks the president made in a while lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewf-xHXpghE

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Montasque posted:

Where the hell is that?

not gonna doxx myself but we're built in the crater of an old-rear end bay inlet draining away slowly

it's a centuries long process but you can see the trail of old-rear end buildings that used to be waterfront property

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Chokes McGee posted:

gods willing the water will claim them first

you can better loving believe no expense will be spared to save a bunch of rich white olds from the oncoming flood

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/LemieuxLGM/status/885207536709885952

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Louisgod posted:

The white supremacists are not going to be happy

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Grem posted:

Either or really. But there was one that said "I have information about Clint" then they sent a weird question and got blocked.

well there's this one

https://twitter.com/dubstep4dads/status/790294191586832388

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Holy_Zarquon posted:

alleged Pompeii jack off guy thanks you from Hades for setting the record straight.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Yinlock posted:

There was an article in some Wall Street Journal sub magazine that complies lists of stuff and a recent one had the cities with the highest growth rates, out of the top 30, there were something like 5 cities in Florida with the highest growth rate in the U.S. I don't know if its due to aging population retiring at an accelerated rate or what but, it's gonna be sad when those people are literally treading water in a few years.

Serf
May 5, 2011

the world is kinda predicated on the bad guys winning, but usually they're less cartoonish about it

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

you can better loving believe no expense will be spared to save a bunch of rich white olds from the oncoming flood

you can also bet that they'll settle in one of the remaining good cities and just ruin everything

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Proud Christian Mom posted:

should be interesting to see what impossible thing they try for miami

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

*peeks out curtains, winces* oh god, white people are moving in

the whole neighborhood has gone to poo poo

• Locked thread