Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

Any movie with out evil robot Fassbender destroying the world is bad

Can't believe I missed the dude saying Covenant was bad. The only weak parts of Covenant were what felt like the studio mandated Xenomorphs in the corridors stuff at the end. The first two acts were some of the best in the entire franchise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Junior Jr. posted:

Wakanda is a fictional nation, whoever said it was realistic?

So it's like if Dubai or Abu Dhabi were super lucky and have a kickass neo-futuristic metropolis because of extremely rare powerful space material that can do awesome things, and having a superhero defending it was like a bonus.

Also they better have a kickass police force, have you seen Abu Dhabi's police supercars?

Yes but you see Dubai and Abu DAAARRBY!! built their cities out of slave labor and...oh oh I don't like where this is going.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Ok, thanks. That was a real question that I really did want an answer to.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
My six year recently discovered Batman and built his own custom Batmobile, called the "Bat-Scooper"

I immediately spanked him and told him "THAT'S NOT MY BATMAN"

Violator
May 15, 2003

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I immediately spanked him and told him "THAT'S NOT MY BATMAN"

Excellent. :colbert:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Junior Jr. posted:

Wakanda is a fictional nation, whoever said it was realistic?

So it's like if Dubai or Abu Dhabi were super lucky and have a kickass neo-futuristic metropolis because of extremely rare powerful space material that can do awesome things, and having a superhero defending it was like a bonus.

Also they better have a kickass police force, have you seen Abu Dhabi's police supercars?

More like what if Africa had a K'un-Lun, only instead of being based on Kung Fu magic it was based in African Super Science? The only ancient terrestrial Earth civilization to never be hosed with by outside colonial forces. So they've got tech right out of Stark Industries or the Baxter Building, but don't look or act like a major city mass of today.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Wakanda makes all their money by selling cures for cancer to the ultra rich :v:

The most unrealistic part about Wakanda is that they didn't conquer the poo poo out of their neighbors despite being so advanced.

Guy A. Person posted:

Can't believe I missed the dude saying Covenant was bad. The only weak parts of Covenant were what felt like the studio mandated Xenomorphs in the corridors stuff at the end. The first two acts were some of the best in the entire franchise.

The only passable part of Covenant was when Fassflexo was talking about his evil science or working on his fingering with his robot twin. Everything else was terrible.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Isn't Wakanda supposed to be based on Great Zimbabwe, at least in the run that Ta-Nehisi Coates did?

I haven't actually read anything with Black Panther, but I remember reading that in articles at the time he started.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
If you're gonna read Black Panther comics I'd encourage to read Christopher Priest's run on the book. They seem to be cribbing from that and it is a good thing to see. That run was spectacular

Gatts fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jul 12, 2017

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Oh gently caress I want Kraven in Homecoming 2

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Guy A. Person posted:

The opening scene is one of the best scenes of 2017.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

CelticPredator posted:

The opening scene is one of the best scenes of 2017.

Hell yeah, it is.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Gatts posted:

If you're gonna read Black Panther comics I'd encourage to read Christopher Priest's run on the book. They seem to be cribbing from that and it is a good thing to see. That run was spectacular

You can't post that without posting this

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Calaveron posted:

The best Kraven story is in the Ultimate Spiderman comic from like 15 years ago. Would be amazing if they did that on the big screen.

Kraven is a Steve Irwin type who comes to New York to hunt and kill Spiderman as a reality TV show. He is played up as a serious threat and when it comes to the showdown Spidey wipes the floor with him cause, duh, Kraven is just a regular dude with no powers. It's hilarious.

UmOk fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jul 12, 2017

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Gatts posted:

Why isn't motherfucking Kraven "I killed a bunch of lions bare handed" The mother loving Hunter fighting black panther? If Daredevils villains are so lame he has to steal Spider-Man's than we can have a big cat beatdown with Kraven and Black Panther.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Given Kraven's whole Great White Hunter deal, I'd be surprised if he hadn't crossed paths with Black Panther before.

Wakanda is looking Kirby as gently caress. I've seen the aesthetic compared to the 70s-as-hell idea of a utopian future where everyone wears togas and everything looks like clouds, marble or crystal spires, except filtered through African culture with varying degrees of accuracy and tastefulness.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Calaveron posted:

He better have his airbrushed van too

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I don't think here's anyone around that that you could cast as Kraven and have me go "yeah, that'll work".

Maybe Don Frye.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I don't think here's anyone around that that you could cast as Kraven and have me go "yeah, that'll work".

Maybe Don Frye.

Ian McShane.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

HHH

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Matt Reeves said that The Batman will probably be delayed even further because they have decided to completely throw away the original Affleck/Snyder/Johns script and are going in a different direction.

Joe Manganiello is probably no longer in the movie.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

a couple more restarts and by the time the batman finally starts filming affleck will be old enough that the only thing they could adapt is tdkr or beyond

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
A non superpowered non-super tech wearing villain would be fun for Spiderman.

Kraven would have to use his wits and skills to put Spiderman at a disadvantage. Could you imagine

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

They should use those Spidey Super Stories as the basis for a film.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Matt Reeves said that The Batman will probably be delayed even further because they have decided to completely throw away the original Affleck/Snyder/Johns script and are going in a different direction.

Hasn't this been known for a couple months now?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

MacheteZombie posted:

Hasn't this been known for a couple months now?

He said he wanted to do a different take, but yesterday was the first time he announced that they completely dropped the original script, are starting from scratch, might bump back the original planned production schedule, and that Joe Manganiello (and Deathstroke) might not be in the movie anymore.

quote:

Matt Reeves is revealing more from his plans for his take on The Dark Knight.

The filmmaker, who stepped into replace star Ben Affleck as director on the project, recently revealed on MTV's Happy Sad Confused podcast that he scrapped the earlier script that Affleck, Chris Terrio, Zach Snyder, and DC's Geoff Johns had worked on.

When asked if he would be working with Affleck's script, Reeves said, "No, it’s a new story. It’s just starting again. I’m excited about it. I think it’s going to be really cool.”

In the original script, Deathstroke was the villain, with Joe Manganiello cast (Reeves would not confirm if he plans on using Deathstroke in his script).

Reeves, whose War for the Planet of the Apes hits theaters this weekend, has previously said that Affleck will remain as the Dark Knight in the upcoming film and that he is planning a noir take on the character.

Joe Manganiello told reporters that he was informed that they were going in a different direction and were unable to guarantee he would remain on the project. Manganiello cautioned that he isn't sure about his future role with the film, but is not definitively out.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It would be hilarious is Scarface and the Ventriloquist kidnap the mayor and that's exactly as high as the stakes go.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It would be hilarious is Scarface and the Ventriloquist kidnap the mayor and that's exactly as high as the stakes go.

A well done Ventriloquist-Scarface could be supremely creepy. We've never seen those two in live action before.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

It kinda sucks that it's going to be delayed but honestly Deathstroke is the least interested option for a Batman villain IMO

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Guy A. Person posted:

It kinda sucks that it's going to be delayed but honestly Deathstroke is the least interested option for a Batman villain IMO

I agree with that. Deathstroke isn't even really a Batman villain, for good reason.

Also, Black Panther's best antagonist is Dr. Doom. Equally as smart (actually a little "smarter," but eh), runs his own Eastern European isolationist country, trying to invade the African country for its resources.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Joe Manganiello is probably no longer in the movie.

That just frees him up to play Lobo.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Darko posted:

I agree with that. Deathstroke isn't even really a Batman villain, for good reason.

Also, Black Panther's best antagonist is Dr. Doom. Equally as smart (actually a little "smarter," but eh), runs his own Eastern European isolationist country, trying to invade the African country for its resources.

When you get to the Kings and Leaders of the MU yeah. Doom, Namor, Black Bolt, TChalla, Illuminati...

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Electromax posted:

Pretty cool shot.

that guy on the right should get his goosebumps checked out

(movie's lookin pretty good!)

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

PenguinKnight posted:

that guy on the right should get his goosebumps checked out

(movie's lookin pretty good!)

That's Wallace.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
My only desire for the film is that they adapt that episode of Batman 66 where Batman and Joker have a surf contest because Joker wants the Gotham youth to think he's cool.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

feedmyleg posted:

My only desire for the film is that they adapt that episode of Batman 66 where Batman and Joker have a surf contest because Joker wants the Gotham youth to think he's cool.

Now I'm picturing the gritty, gross looking Batman with the really gray and undersaturated colors and the growly voice and the gross hep-riddled Joker and all the modern trapping's movie just being a shot for shot remake of the Batman 66 movie
Imagine the running with the bomb scene

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Calaveron posted:

Imagine the running with the bomb scene

We had that already

It was the climax of The Dark Knight Rises

It was great

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Burkion posted:

We had that already

It was the climax of The Dark Knight Rises

It was great

Oh fuuuuck I forgot
Well imagine the shark repellent scene

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Darko posted:

What would be a good villain at this point, though, assuming you want to avoid any of the Dark Knight trilogy villains? Mister Freeze possibly, although the Flash movie is all but guaranteed to have Captain Cold so might not want to go there. Poison Ivy is just an embarrassment and I never understood what a radical ecoterrorist has to do with Batman. Maybe Penguin, but do you really want Not My Joker Round Two: Not My DeVito? Riddler, perhaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Maxie Zeus played by Nic Cage.

• Locked thread