Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

They should have done the space magic they used to turn them back into normal humans to turn their lizard babies into humans too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

WampaLord posted:

Voyager wants to go really fast to get home, so Tom Paris does an experimental Warp 10 jump, cause in theory that's infinity speed and would get them home instantly. Due to going Warp 10, it activates some sort of evolution or timey wimey thing or something and he and Janeway turn into lizards.

Then they gently caress, have lizard babies, are rescued and restored to normal and never speak of it again.

In fairness the last bit is exactly what I'd do.

I still find it funny that they mutate into things ludicrously far from anything human, but can be put back to normal like it was nothing in an afternoon.

Voyager was so dumb.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
What about in TNG when Barclay turned into a fuckin spider? What was that about? How far back in our lineage do we need to go to have a common ancestor with spiders? Might as well have someone turn into banana if we're going that far back.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

khwarezm posted:

I still find it funny that they mutate into things ludicrously far from anything human, but can be put back to normal like it was nothing in an afternoon.

Voyager was so dumb.

there was that episode of TNG where everybody de-evolved that established that even some of the characters in Star Trek who look exactly like Earth humans have completely different evolutionary histories.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Baronjutter posted:

They should have done the space magic they used to turn them back into normal humans to turn their lizard babies into humans too.

khwarezm posted:

Voyager was so dumb.

The icing on the cake is that they could've just sent instructions on how to turn them back into humans at Starfleet, went home at Warp 10, and gotten turned back into humans once they got there. Hell the holographic Doctor could've done it.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

HoAssHo posted:

What about in TNG when Barclay turned into a fuckin spider? What was that about? How far back in our lineage do we need to go to have a common ancestor with spiders? Might as well have someone turn into banana if we're going that far back.

That's really funny if you know anything about biology because spiders are on a totally different lineage to people, you can't go 'back' there, no one's ancestor was ever a spider!

The salamander thing legit makes more sense in that regard.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
No one in sci Fi knows what evolution is even when they aren't doing stupid de-evolution storylines, and not just misunderstanding that evolution is over generations and not just like your Pokemon.

It's tremendously frustrating.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Well... Spider-Man was... really good!

Michael Keaton is amazing

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Hemingway To Go! posted:

No one in sci Fi knows what evolution is even when they aren't doing stupid de-evolution storylines, and not just misunderstanding that evolution is over generations and not just like your Pokemon.

It's tremendously frustrating.

sorry super mario bros the movie is a documentary.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

vermin posted:

The icing on the cake is that they could've just sent instructions on how to turn them back into humans at Starfleet, went home at Warp 10, and gotten turned back into humans once they got there. Hell the holographic Doctor could've done it.

They could've easily turned the lizard babies human, but when their science guy was asked if it's possible the captain was furiously miming "NO!" in the background.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

khwarezm posted:

That's really funny if you know anything about biology because spiders are on a totally different lineage to people, you can't go 'back' there, no one's ancestor was ever a spider!

The salamander thing legit makes more sense in that regard.

No, I know it doesn't actually work like that at all but I'm trying to understand what kind of twisted logic they were using in that episode to make Barclay into a spider. I'm assuming it's based on how we share a certain percentage of DNA with every living thing, including spiders (and bananas). But yeah, obviously we didn't actually descend from spiders.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I bet there's a novel or some poo poo that details the exploits of salamander Janeways and Parises on their planet.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

HoAssHo posted:

No, I know it doesn't actually work like that at all but I'm trying to understand what kind of twisted logic they were using in that episode to make Barclay into a spider. I'm assuming it's based on how we share a certain percentage of DNA with every living thing, including spiders (and bananas). But yeah, obviously we didn't actually descend from spiders.

he's an alien

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Guy Goodbody posted:

he's an alien

His pre-spider body change behavior was hilarious. The little inquisitive stances he makes while carefully listening to the situation or taking orders were great body acting.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
STAR TREK! I loving LOVE STAR TREK!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

HoAssHo posted:

Actually spiders and the tiny fish we spawned from were like one of the first big divergences lol

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Paladinus posted:

It's really bad. I've seen all Star Trek ever made except for like half of Voyager and I can barely remember anything about any of it because it's mostly mediocre, often bad and very infrequently actually good.

Still, it's kind of on-topic for this thread, since RLM themselves so often have ST derails.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

HoAssHo posted:

It's really bad. I've seen all Star Trek ever made except for like half of Voyager and I can barely remember anything about any of it because it's mostly mediocre, often bad and very infrequently actually good.

Still, it's kind of on-topic for this thread, since RLM themselves so often have ST derails.

I've only watched maybe 10 episodes from all iterations of the TV show combined, and also a couple of films with Rifftrax. Oh, and the first new one. I am happy I've saved a lot of time while reaching the same conclusion.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

HoAssHo posted:

Bones and Spock and Kirk trading sick rear end burns is the best. TOS is good.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Gildiss posted:

Bones and Spock and Kirk trading sick rear end burns is the best. TOS is good.

Agreed. Most of the stuff I actually like is TOS.

Paladinus posted:

I've only watched maybe 10 episodes from all iterations of the TV show combined, and also a couple of films with Rifftrax. Oh, and the first new one. I am happy I've saved a lot of time while reaching the same conclusion.

I wish I was as wise as you. All that time...gone.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Guy Goodbody posted:

he's an alien

u trollin bro

naem
May 29, 2011

Paladinus posted:

I clapped when the panel exploded and the ensign died

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

There's a new BOTW and you nerds are talking about Trek?!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

There's a new BOTW and you nerds are talking about Trek?!

Oh thank god, you're not lying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebb8baFaQ-s

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I immediately went from watching this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7_b6buHfBE

to this:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I like living in this world where Rich is a hyper-competent craftsman because that new wheel looks really good.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I love the new wheel and the new intro already.

e: I resent all these digs at Millennials. I'm 32, I remember all this poo poo too you hack frauds, you're not that much older than us.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jul 13, 2017

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

HoAssHo posted:

I want to make sure that my prediction is recorded today, 6 months before the movie even comes out, that during the review of Black Panther Mike will reference the TNG episode "Code of Honor".

I will quote this post in February when he does it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i always get a kick out of jay looking at the camera during mike's star trek derails.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I think I'm going to start spreading the phrase "leonardo retard-o"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
No matter how many times I look at it, the Wheel of Misfortune logo looks superimposed.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Groovelord Neato posted:

i always get a kick out of jay looking at the camera during mike's star trek derails.

That reminds me of the next generation episode "burden of status" where the blind guy and the robot are trapped on an alien game show thing and it turns out that the robot gets all the questions right because he could read their history books really fast and then the captain and warf beam down and look right at the space camera while he blows up the station

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
"I'm sure there's still plenty of things that could be done to this wheel but I can guarantee that they will not ever happen"

Jay is looking to get bent over that wheel and pounded into it isn't he

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rich dancing about the new Wheel had me in my feelings :qq:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jim (stoned Canadian) looked like he was really try to remain focused on his high during some parts of the discussion.

E: Mike screaming "DO IT, RICH, JUST DO IT!" when Rich smashed the tape was just delightful.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jul 13, 2017

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

new content holy poo poo :woop:

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
This may be the funniest wheel of the worst they've ever done. I can't stop laughing.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I always like to look up these people during BotW (Eloise Cole really is dead) and Penelope Smith's website has crashed.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
You can buy a whole lot of merchandise on her website. Maybe she is a fraud?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
is the announcer on the elderly driving video the Frontline guy?

• Locked thread