Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

macnbc posted:

Update is live adding to SWL more of the Transylvania story.

Paypal is also now accepted for transactions.

Is this actually new content or not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

I think it's the James Bond themed Issue

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

https://www.reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/6mtxof/funcom_one_rule_for_a_streamer_another_for_a/

This is absolutely hilarious if true, apparently a streamer streamed himself doing the raid EXP exploit and hasn't been touched.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Suck a gently caress, I claimed my cache key on an alt.

Richard M Nixon fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jul 12, 2017

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Tallgeese posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/6mtxof/funcom_one_rule_for_a_streamer_another_for_a/

This is absolutely hilarious if true, apparently a streamer streamed himself doing the raid EXP exploit and hasn't been touched.

Clearly, Big Streaming has a hand in this. Funcom really needs the potential revenue from some neckbeard's 50 viewers.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Amante posted:

All the bugs and bullshit aside, doing TSW's dungeons with the old goon crew was the most fun I ever had with group content in a MMO, and that's as someone who raided in other games for years.

Part of me is still hoping we can get some version of that old group back together...

I have been Tanking Elilte 1 Dungeons so if you need a tank you can message me "Drinkfist" in game if I am online. You can also find me in my natural habitat in "The Angry Dome" in CTS2.0 mumble. I am not going to be joining the goon guild because Nixon named it "Make Agartha Great Again" and anyone who enjoys that name can go beat the dead horse in a corner on reddit somewhere. Also Nixon cant get a grip and I dislike him. Also Discord is for children and "children enthusiasts".

GEMorris posted:

That group went through many stages. I probably can't get back to having time for a game for another few months at least.

Where are Kilsion and Zephonith?

I spoke to Killson a few days ago and he said the FF14 tentacles have got him hard. There is a slight chance we could convince/trick him that this bad game is still fun.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Didn't they say there were going to get rid of the auction house limits?

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Drinkfist posted:

I have been Tanking Elilte 1 Dungeons so if you need a tank you can message me "Drinkfist" in game if I am online. You can also find me in my natural habitat in "The Angry Dome" in CTS2.0 mumble. I am not going to be joining the goon guild because Nixon named it "Make Agartha Great Again" and anyone who enjoys that name can go beat the dead horse in a corner on reddit somewhere. Also Nixon cant get a grip and I dislike him. Also Discord is for children and "children enthusiasts".

:goonsay:

E: you're in Discord right now

E2: I still love you

E3: My face when I read a Drinkfist post:

Richard M Nixon fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jul 12, 2017

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Len posted:

Didn't they say there were going to get rid of the auction house limits?

They said they'd think about it.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

How many people who built the Dreamworld engine still work in a significant role at Funcom? Are they really so short on cash that it's less painful to integrate an aging engine nobody understands with a modern engine instead of just doing everything in the new engine?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hey I'm on a bit of a horror kick recently, it it worth playing this game?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

StashAugustine posted:

Its free to play so give it a shot. Ignore anything to do with doing dungeon runs or cash boxes and you will avoid the worst of the monetization.

The game has a very good story that dives into the occult, it skirts some horror things but due to being an MMO it can't give you many shock scares.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

StashAugustine posted:

The game features three different regions each with a different horror/occult themed tone.

The first area is probably the most fleshed out and it's some straight up Stephen King poo poo. Set in Maine it features: zombies, a boarding school with not-Carrie, the League of Monster Slayers (think The Losers), not-Stephen King and some other cool poo poo I don't want to spoil.

The second is Egypt and it's more of a pulpy Raiders if the Lost Ark setting with you going in and out of tombs, fighting mummies, retrieving artifacts all that fun stuff.

The third and as of right now final zone is Transylvania where the vampires are currently on a crusade to murder everyone. It's got the classic things that go bump in the night: vampires, werewolves, communists, vampire communists.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
If you're looking for any real horror there is nothing scary in this game.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Len posted:

The third and as of right now final zone is Transylvania where the vampires are currently on a crusade to murder everyone. It's got the classic things that go bump in the night: vampires, werewolves, communists, vampire communists.

You forgot the heavily mutated genetically-engineered vampire communists. For shame.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Also scary: the outfits you see people wearing in Agartha...

[At this point, jump up to startle listeners]

And the cash shop prices they paid!!

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

So, claiming an old account should've unlocked all weapons and owned clothing for me? Yeah, it didn't. There's nothing waiting in the transfer window. :waycool:

Anybody have a spare Revenant key? I should have three of them coming if they ever decide to send out e-mails, but I'm not holding my breath and don't want to wait, just powering through the story.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

SplitSoul posted:

So, claiming an old account should've unlocked all weapons and owned clothing for me? Yeah, it didn't. There's nothing waiting in the transfer window. :waycool:

Anybody have a spare Revenant key? I should have three of them coming if they ever decide to send out e-mails, but I'm not holding my breath and don't want to wait, just powering through the story.

You can't claim until you reach the kingsmouth portal in agartha. Claim it from the tsw vanity button in the item claim window. Make sure you're logging in with your old credentials.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Tallgeese posted:

You forgot the heavily mutated genetically-engineered vampire communists. For shame.

And the communist gnomes. Is Dante the chuppacobra still in selling his tacos?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Richard M Nixon posted:

:goonsay:
E: you're in Discord right now

That isn't me.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Drinkfist posted:

That isn't me.

Lmbo who is the drinkfist doppelganger?

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

The revenant from the shadow-bound weapons gets targeted by some things. The first boss in The Ankh for example puts an aoe effect on a random party member and if a revenant is out when it does that there is a chance it will be targeted. Anything with a "targets random party member" attack can probably hit those things instead. Not sure if it's worth seriously pursuing this as a strategy because even with a full group using shadow-bound stuff you still won't get 100% revenant uptime but it's amusing.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Space Skeleton posted:

The revenant from the shadow-bound weapons gets targeted by some things. The first boss in The Ankh for example puts an aoe effect on a random party member and if a revenant is out when it does that there is a chance it will be targeted. Anything with a "targets random party member" attack can probably hit those things instead. Not sure if it's worth seriously pursuing this as a strategy because even with a full group using shadow-bound stuff you still won't get 100% revenant uptime but it's amusing.

Someone's on a fast track for a permaban, thinking like that.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Apparently you can't take new quests if you have 8 outstanding mission reward windows.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Richard M Nixon posted:

Apparently you can't take new quests if you have 8 outstanding mission reward windows.

Stop screening Geary's calls

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Are signets just from lairs now? I assume they're still ten man stuff but everyone gets their own loot now?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Richard M Nixon posted:

You can't claim until you reach the kingsmouth portal in agartha. Claim it from the tsw vanity button in the item claim window. Make sure you're logging in with your old credentials.

Thanks, but I did all that. No dice. There's no Vanity button, either.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.
thanks!

Thursday Next fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jul 12, 2017

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Pilchenstein posted:

Are signets just from lairs now? I assume they're still ten man stuff but everyone gets their own loot now?

Yes.

In order to summon a given lair boss, five people must possess the summon item.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I see Hell and Bach still sucks

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
The game sucks worse now, I swear I never had any issues in classic and now a ton of bugs are popping up. Also I can't hit the basic vampires in the last zone for poo poo which is super odd since I rarely if ever miss anything else, even other vampires but the basic dudes three out of four hits will either glance or they evade which makes doing the last hand full of quests I have open super tedious.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Richard M Nixon posted:

Someone's on a fast track for a permaban, thinking like that.

I wouldn't be too surprised. The devs seem to have a bad case of "play it our way or don't."

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

SplitSoul posted:

It's not there in Menu > Delivered Items? Should be a button there that says something like Claim TSW Items.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jul 13, 2017

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

SplitSoul posted:

If you log in to https://account.secretworldlegends.com do you see this screen:

Or is there a 'link TSW account' or something similar under account services? You have to click that button. If the button isn't there (like in screenshot) then you've either linked it and somehow are bugged, or you're not using the same credentials.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tallgeese posted:

Happens in every MMO. Popular streamers might get a slap on the wrist (if anything) for things that get other people banned.

That's just how it works.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
My god Shambala is the most pointless PVP I've ever seen. Fusang was better.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

angerbeet posted:

My god Shambala is the most pointless PVP I've ever seen. Fusang was better.

If you're playing it you're doing it wrong. What you do is after you finish all the daily challenges queue into it, die, and play something else in the background. You get all the rewards with none of the work.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Just got into a shambala with a p2w tank on the other team wielding an anima infused hammer and shotgun. Killed 3 people while taking almost no damage. We get items no matter what, but gently caress.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

angerbeet posted:

I see Hell and Bach still sucks

Yeah, although, frankly, less people than ever will complain or do it because the XP awards for Investigation, compared to what they used to be like, are so paltry. It's really weird to me that they cut into them so deeply given that Investigation takes easily three times as much time and effort as most of the normal fetch quests and only a few of the handful I've looked at so far have any sort of interesting bag reward. Real bummer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Richard M Nixon posted:

Just got into a shambala with a p2w tank on the other team wielding an anima infused hammer and shotgun. Killed 3 people while taking almost no damage. We get items no matter what, but gently caress.

Well you could always buy such a hammer for 500k or so marks!