Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Yinlock posted:

why not just make this your sig and be done with it

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

sincx posted:

Hahahahaha no it's not. No industry propped up by a government supply cap is "efficient" in any way.

There's a couple local cab companies here that net 750 million more per quarter than Uber does

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

BGrifter posted:

The whole thing is a record label stunt. His website is registered to Warner Bros.

lmao

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
saw a musical movie with a gay romance, it was hot

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kurtofan posted:

Congratulations! You're now gay!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

i thought he died

bumble
Oct 15, 2012

R U HOT YET?

shiksa posted:

https://twitter.com/alexis_levinson/status/885258589711081472

we need to be open minded and listen to all voices when it comes to scandalous campaign dirt from foreign sources

we should listen to everyone, no matter who they are

unless they're constituents, in which case we should accuse them of being enemies of democracy and hide from them forever

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

sincx posted:

Hahahahaha no it's not. No industry propped up by a government supply cap is "efficient" in any way.

There are reasons medallions exist, like preventing congestion. I wouldn't say the industry is "propped up" by government supply caps; the opposite is more true.

None of this is relevant to Uber because they're a jitney service, not a traditional cab company.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

shiksa posted:

we need to be open minded and listen to all voices when it comes to scandalous campaign dirt from foreign sources

The whole "we need to listen to all sides equal weight" line of reasoning is the whole reason we're here in the first place

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Al! posted:

i thought he died

he is in hiding

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

I was talking to one of our contract security guards at work last week and it came up in conversation that I was from Michigan, and I poo poo you not the first thing out of his mouth was "so you like Kid Rock huh?" without a hint of irony. When America collapses this is what my home state will be known for.

NofrikinfuN posted:

Trump has proven any idiot celebrity automatically has a leg up on a more qualified opponent, so yeah, this is how republicans will maintain control.

I'm surprised, they seemed to forget this strategy after Reagan.

This is the most significant effect of Trump's election and the one that doesn't get enough attention IMO. Now any prick with a large enough fanbase will look at Trump and say "that guy could do it and I'm way smarter than he is, so why not me?". What I want to see is who pops onto the scene a year before the next presidential election the way Trump did and manages to ride it within striking distance if not actually winning. I wouldn't be surprised if we've long forgotten about Zuck and The Rock by then as someone even more ridiculous comes onto the scene.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Al! posted:

i thought he died

he's literally too energetic to die

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

I take back what I said several posts ago about not needing drugs. I apologize for reporting fake news.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

TMMadman posted:

Congratulations! You're now gay!

i'm at least bi

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Kurtofan posted:

Saw: The Musical sounds gnarly.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

C-Euro posted:

This is the most significant effect of Trump's election and the one that doesn't get enough attention IMO. Now any prick with a large enough fanbase will look at Trump and say "that guy could do it and I'm way smarter than he is, so why not me?". What I want to see is who pops onto the scene a year before the next presidential election the way Trump did and manages to ride it within striking distance if not actually winning. I wouldn't be surprised if we've long forgotten about Zuck and The Rock by then as someone even more ridiculous comes onto the scene.

so kanye is actually gonna run right

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Kid Rock, and I'm the Real Mccoy
And I'm headed out east, sucker 'cause I want to be a

congressman, baby
(With the top let down and the sunshine shinin')
congressman, baby
(east Coast Chillin' while the dem's whinin') I want to be a congressman, baby
(legislate at night 'cause I sleep all day) congressman, baby
(I can smell a lobbyist from a mile away)

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i love u richard simmons

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

shiksa posted:

The unspoken thought is that he doesn't listen to Democrats.

zakkro
May 29, 2015

https://twitter.com/IceManNYR/status/885256611337576448

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Robotnik Nudes posted:

I take back what I said several posts ago about not needing drugs. I apologize for reporting fake news.

I told u man I told u

why didn't u listen

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Literally my life

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

BGrifter posted:

The whole thing is a record label stunt. His website is registered to Warner Bros.

Yeah, you know who else's campaign was a publicity stunt?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

the reaper already came for richard simmons but was soundly defeated in an aerobics endurance competition

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

fbn regularly runs jingoistic war documentaries nightly so im not sure why this is news

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kurtofan posted:

i'm at least bi

Nope, sorry but you're full on gay now.

That's the rules now that Trump is president. At some point in the near future you will be assigned to a Mike Pence approved re-education camp to cure you of your dreadful condition.

In the future, please be more careful when consuming any sort of news, media or entertainment.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NYT posted:

Two Democratic Party donors and a former party staff member have filed an invasion of privacy lawsuit against President Trump’s campaign and a longtime informal adviser, Roger J. Stone Jr., accusing them of conspiring in the release of hacked Democratic emails and files that exposed their personal information to the public.

The case was organized by Protect Democracy, a government watchdog group run by former Obama administration lawyers. It filed the claim just short of a deadline under a one-year statute of limitations for privacy invasion lawsuits: WikiLeaks published the first archives of stolen Democratic National Committee emails, which intelligence agencies say Russia hacked to harm Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign and help Mr. Trump, last July 22.

quote:

If a judge permits the case to reach that stage, the lawsuit would become a new and independent fact-finding investigation into the Trump-Russia issue — one that is overseen by a judge rather than by congressional Republicans, like the oversight inquiries conducted by the House and Senate Intelligence Committees, or by the Trump administration, like the criminal inquiry led by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

is this suppose to scare people or get liberals pumped up to take to the streets

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Citizen Tayne posted:

Literally my life

was tweeted in response to this

https://twitter.com/og_tjg/status/884756210267893761

I'm glad I'm out of Pharmacy and medical tbh

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

:vince:

Zeb!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

C'mon liberal activist judge

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

was tweeted in response to this

https://twitter.com/og_tjg/status/884756210267893761

I'm glad I'm out of Pharmacy and medical tbh

tbh trampling by hippo is a pretty good punishment for shoving unknown data storage devices into systems with confidential data

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

C-Euro posted:

I was talking to one of our contract security guards at work last week and it came up in conversation that I was from Michigan, and I poo poo you not the first thing out of his mouth was "so you like Kid Rock huh?" without a hint of irony.

lol

couldn't he at least have said Eminem or Robocop instead?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

well, he did a good thing. its a stopped clock scenario, but I'll take it

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Just remember: