Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Omega dot jpeg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

FillInTheBlank posted:

Click the little page button called Gear Set List and then you'll be able to make gear sets and then you can drag those to your hotbar to quickly switch around jobs.
Also the little refresh looking button will update your gear set when you equip a new piece.

And if you wanna be really cool/needlessly complicated, you can set up a macro button that hides hotbars you stick your job buttons and other rarely used things in. :v:

I enjoy making stupid macros for my HUD.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Attorney at Funk posted:

All the Ishgardians you've met so far have been military/political/religious figures. You shouldn't view them as representative of the population; instead, think of them as a sickness you must purge.

:byodood:SICKNESS MUST BE PURGED:byodood:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

People like to joke about that fight, but Charibert is probably one of my favorite dungeon bosses. Its just a nice set of mechanics, and I love the way the various moves are comboed together after the transition.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Galaga Galaxian posted:

And if you wanna be really cool/needlessly complicated, you can set up a macro button that hides hotbars you stick your job buttons and other rarely used things in. :v:

I enjoy making stupid macros for my HUD.

Pastebin these macross so I can finally be free of clutter!. At least that first one.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

They're not that complicated actually.

pre:
/micon "Misc"
/hotbar Display 6 Toggle
/hotbar Display 7 Toggle
pre:
/hotbar display 1
/hotbar display 2
/hotbar display 3
/hotbar display 4
/hotbar display 9
/hud "status effects"
/hud "parameter bar"
/bm
I've been thinking of figuring out a better one that dynamic reassigns actions to a single set of hotbars and you can just keep pressing the macro button (which itself gets swapped out every time you push it) to cycle through various "pages" (combat jobs, crafters/gatherers, emotes/misc junk, etc). I just have to figure out if things other than job actions can be assigned on the fly like that via macros (especially other macros).

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Galaga Galaxian posted:

People like to joke about that fight, but Charibert is probably one of my favorite dungeon bosses. Its just a nice set of mechanics, and I love the way the various moves are comboed together after the transition.

That dungeon was fun on so many different levels from a story telling perspective.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Galaga Galaxian posted:

They're not that complicated actually.

pre:
/micon "Misc"
/hotbar Display 6 Toggle
/hotbar Display 7 Toggle
pre:
/hotbar display 1
/hotbar display 2
/hotbar display 3
/hotbar display 4
/hotbar display 9
/hud "status effects"
/hud "parameter bar"
/bm
I've been thinking of figuring out a better one that dynamic reassigns actions to a single set of hotbars and you can just keep pressing the macro button (which itself gets swapped out every time you push it) to cycle through various "pages" (combat jobs, crafters/gatherers, emotes/misc junk, etc). I just have to figure out if things other than job actions can be assigned on the fly like that via macros (especially other macros).

Is there a way to similarly hide class UI stuff? Because Boy I'm sick of looking at the PLD gauge outside of combat.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Toshimo posted:

Since someone asked about this in fcchat:
  • The CRP leve with the highest possible xp/leve is making Zelkova longbows which take 4 advanced items from 3 different classes. It's a level 68 leve, and if you could do it at 60, it would take 41 leves @ 1.62mxp/leve to go from 60-70.
  • The level 60 CRP leve for Beech Lumber takes... Beech Lumber and is worth 1.36mxp/leve. It takes 49 leves to go 60-70.

This actually makes a lot of sense because

How many logs / lumber does it take total?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Drizvolta posted:

How many logs / lumber does it take total?

49 leves * 3 Lumber = 147 Lumber
147 Lumber * 4 Logs = 588 Logs

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Nobody expects the Ishgardian Inquisition!

Lmfao at Cardinal Biggles

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013
But in practice it would probably be less if you're crafting them yourself, since you get experience for that too.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Oh, cool! Ixion!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Is there a way to similarly hide class UI stuff? Because Boy I'm sick of looking at the PLD gauge outside of combat.

Sadly I don't think so.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You could always just turn it off altogether. It's not like looking at the gauge really matters. You don't really do anything actively to charge it so there's not much point to even showing it. I have it tucked into a corner, personally, but will probably turn it off now that I think about it.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Attorney at Funk posted:

All the Ishgardians you've met so far have been military/political/religious figures. You shouldn't view them as representative of the population; instead, think of them as a sickness you must purge.

Ishgard remembers, Warrior of Light!!

All worth it just for that unvoiced, easily missable line of dialogue

But I'm 100% serious though.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

Oh, cool! Ixion!

I started an instance the moment the giant blob started to fight ixion. I was instantly hit with massive lag while everyone else was fine, constant disconnects, while everyone on that castrum run was fine. I couldn't explain what the issue was, then I read in the FC that ixion had spawn. Not even in the instance server are you safe from that damned horse

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Is Square-Enix having problems again? I can't get a primal fight where someone isn't disconnecting.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Some worthless loser discovered bot farms and scripts.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The servers are back to taking a poo poo. Im stuck trying to talk to lyse

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

The Black Stones posted:

Is Square-Enix having problems again? I can't get a primal fight where someone isn't disconnecting.

Extremely same :\

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The servers are back to taking a poo poo. Im stuck trying to talk to lyse

It's not the servers, it's you.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

VHGS posted:

But in practice it would probably be less if you're crafting them yourself, since you get experience for that too.

Also I got a rather large amount of logs as a reward for turning the leves, they can reward up to 8 per lumber.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'm still not a fan of tanking, I only want to get PLD from 67 to 70 so I have something I can get solo credit for hunts on. But boy Shirking onto a DPS who runs ahead and 'helpfully' multipulls is just the best thing.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Saint Freak posted:

Put in PVP, but with my adventurer squadron fighting other people's like some kind of hosed-up pokemans.

I would legitimately love this. Please let me field my team of weirdos against other people's squads.

PS. Beast tribe squaddies, add them please.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

I'm still not a fan of tanking, I only want to get PLD from 67 to 70 so I have something I can get solo credit for hunts on. But boy Shirking onto a DPS who runs ahead and 'helpfully' multipulls is just the best thing.

Don't do this.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Please do this, a lot.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I mean I'll multipull when I think my gear and the healer's skills are up to it, don't get me wrong :v: but it was my first time tanking Doma so I needed to see where I stood.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Dreadwroth posted:

I think some jackasses are DDOSing the servers again, nobody gets to have fun dammit.

You know, the weird thing is that GW2 has been getting DDoSed at the same time lately. I wonder if there's some sort of coordinated attack against multiple MMOs ongoing. And why if so? It'd certainly be odd.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

I mean I'll multipull when I think my gear and the healer's skills are up to it, don't get me wrong :v: but it was my first time tanking Doma so I needed to see where I stood.

That's fine but you don't need to be a vindictive prima donna tank too.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A friend of mine asked a question and I realized I don't quite know the answer:

Is there a reason Jolt 2 doesn't transform into Impact when Impact triggers like how Scatter turns into Enchanced Scatter? I'm pretty sure I understand how to use it but it seems weird it is its own ability instead of a modifier.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

ImpAtom posted:

A friend of mine asked a question and I realized I don't quite know the answer:

Is there a reason Jolt 2 doesn't transform into Impact when Impact triggers like how Scatter turns into Enchanced Scatter? I'm pretty sure I understand how to use it but it seems weird it is its own ability instead of a modifier.

The only reason I can possibly think of is if you have Manafication or 100/100 coming up and Impact would put you over the threshold to max out both your mana when Jolt wouldn't. Even then that just means you don't get a free Stone/Fire proc from Flare/Holy.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
since the topic of DDoS is pretty hot on everyone's lips i guess this is as good a place to ask as any - when I ask my computer savvy friends about DDoS stuff they imply it's pretty easy to do (and as people here have said, companies can't just "buy more servers" or whatever to counteract it). assuming that's true, well, why isn't every game or online service with even a remotely notable following just constantly suffering DDoS attacks? surely enough disgruntled nerds out there hate bli$$ard for making their game too casual, or ffxiv for ruining tanking or whatever, to just constantly be owning their parent companies. are they expensive to perform or something?

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

iirc it costs some money to make any noticeable impact

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Countblanc posted:

since the topic of DDoS is pretty hot on everyone's lips i guess this is as good a place to ask as any - when I ask my computer savvy friends about DDoS stuff they imply it's pretty easy to do (and as people here have said, companies can't just "buy more servers" or whatever to counteract it). assuming that's true, well, why isn't every game or online service with even a remotely notable following just constantly suffering DDoS attacks? surely enough disgruntled nerds out there hate bli$$ard for making their game too casual, or ffxiv for ruining tanking or whatever, to just constantly be owning their parent companies. are they expensive to perform or something?

While there is no way to outright negate a DDoS attack, there are certainly ways to mitigate them, increasing the threshold for the botnet size needed to mount an effective attack. Most of the larger botnets take up their time extorting more valuable targets than MMOs.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I just met magnai and yo this guy loving sucks

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Blockhouse posted:

I just met magnai and yo this guy loving sucks

He grew on me after a while.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Obligatum VII posted:

He grew on me after a while.

I'm trying to imagine a world where that happens for me and I can't

like I don't care for the entire situation they're presenting here one bit. why am I helping this guy do jack poo poo?

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jul 13, 2017

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

because you respect local traditions and need his eventual support

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Blockhouse posted:

I'm trying to imagine a world where that happens for me and I can't

like I don't care for the entire situation they're presenting here one bit. why am I helping this guy do jack poo poo?

You're humoring Hien.

Shy posted:

because you respect local traditions

In the form of murdering local deities.