Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Akiva Goldsman is attached as producer to:

Rob Liefeld's Avengelyne

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six - adapted by Josh Appelbaum & Andre Nemec, who have been working on the Beverly Hills Cop reboot at Paramount (Which is different from the tv series that went nowhere)

Those Ologies books your mom likes - Dragonology, Monsterology, Vampireology, etc, they are set up as text books but iirc some have vague plots hinted through them.

http://deadline.com/2017/07/akiva-goldsman-tom-clancy-rainbow-six-ologies-avengelyne-paramount-1202126928/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
A Rainbow Six adaptation?

Oh boy. Wonder how they'll handle the radical ecoterrorist pharmaceutical megacorp.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tars Tarkas posted:

Akiva Goldsman is attached as producer to:

Rob Liefeld's Avengelyne

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six - adapted by Josh Appelbaum & Andre Nemec, who have been working on the Beverly Hills Cop reboot at Paramount (Which is different from the tv series that went nowhere)

Those Ologies books your mom likes - Dragonology, Monsterology, Vampireology, etc, they are set up as text books but iirc some have vague plots hinted through them.

http://deadline.com/2017/07/akiva-goldsman-tom-clancy-rainbow-six-ologies-avengelyne-paramount-1202126928/

There was a Beverly Hills Cop TV show? You're not confusing it with Lethal Weapon?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I read Spawn last year and it was a lot more hokey and dumb than I remember. It's funny thinking back to the HBO series because the show was way darker and graphic than anything in the 80 issues I read. If half the movie was made up of the two detectives doing something barely related to Spawn, it would be a faithful adaptation of the comic.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cythereal posted:

Oh boy. Wonder how they'll handle the radical ecoterrorist pharmaceutical megacorp.

They could adapt Rainbow Six Vegas...

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Screw Spawn, give me my Evil Ernie and Pale Tittie Woman movie. Zombies are still cool, right?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hell no.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Deadworld would make a dope af movie, but you have to keep in the zombie motorcycle demon guy.

Vince Locke was also the artist for the graphic novel A History of Violence.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jul 13, 2017

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Grendels Dad posted:

Screw Spawn, give me my Evil Ernie and Pale Tittie Woman movie. Zombies are still cool, right?

Nah. Spawn is frustrating primarily because the premise is actually really, really, really loving good, and yet out of the three media it's been done in, the comic is god loving awful, the movie is okayish but fails to live up to that premise, and the HBO series is unironically loving Rad with no caveats, but obscure as poo poo and left hanging on a semi-cliffhanger.

e: the Dreamcast game is dope too, but it doesn't really have a story, it's basically Power Stone 2.5 with guns and Spawn characters.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jul 13, 2017

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Skwirl posted:

There was a Beverly Hills Cop TV show? You're not confusing it with Lethal Weapon?

It didn't go anywhere. I believe the most they got was a pilot.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The only spawn reboot should be an Anime like Afro Samurai. Get some of that VHS era gore and grit for good measure.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

the movie is okayish but fails to live up to that premise
What? No way. The movie is barely coherent and heavily relies on Cog's terrible VO to hold it together. They spent all the money on Sheen, White's Deadpool makeup, the cape and Clown/Violator. It's bare bones and what is there puts too much weight on poo poo that's forgettable or causes the audience to check out.

Malbolgia looks great if they were trying to make a Ren Hoek on an acid trip model. 90s hair fibres without anti-aliasing :waycool:

By now, the comic is so leaden with its mythology it makes the X-Men chronology look like a Golden Reader by comparison.

Guy goes Awol with rad suit is a great premise that's been done better by XO Manowar.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I wouldn't say the comics are outright serious horror- they're more along the lines of Hobo with a Shotgun or early Sam Raimi tonally.
The Mask done in the style of Braindead would be something.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jul 13, 2017

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

FilthyImp posted:

What? No way. The movie is barely coherent and heavily relies on Cog's terrible VO to hold it together. They spent all the money on Sheen, White's Deadpool makeup, the cape and Clown/Violator. It's bare bones and what is there puts too much weight on poo poo that's forgettable or causes the audience to check out.

Honestly, if the effects were better and it didn't have Cogliostro's VO (and if Spawn wasn't sort of a running nerd joke, to address the elephant in the room), it would probably be much better-remembered. Like I said, it's okayish; I'd put it in the same sphere of quality as, like, Timecop or Eraser.

The thing about Cog's VO is, almost nothing he says about the mythology actually ends up being remotely relevant to the movie, beyond that 10-second little end bit with Spawn in Hell. Literally all of the exposition that matters to the film's story is delivered by Clown to Spawn, and much more bluntly and concisely, at that. More than anything, I think that's what made audiences check out- if people are going to see a Spawn movie, they wanna see dead black Freddy Krueger gently caress some poo poo up with capes and chains, they don't give a drat about ~the war between Heaven and Hell for the souls of humanity~ or whatever the gently caress. That's actually specifically why I said in my pitch "don't touch that poo poo, keep it small scale and focused on Al."

FilthyImp posted:

The Mask done in the style of Braindead would be something.

Hobo with a Shotgun is seriously like 75% of the way to being a straight adaptation of the Mask comic.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jul 13, 2017

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Oh boy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVS_5BiOWys

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

This looks surprisingly cool, and fresh

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

..like a piss filled wave pool.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Cythereal posted:

Lots and lots of Bristol-Meyers Squibbs spraying fake blood everywhere.

Like the ED-209 scene mixed with The Crimson Permanent Assurance and Our Robocop Remake.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

K. Waste posted:

This looks surprisingly cool, and fresh

Man going by that comment I was hoping it was the MiB/Jump Street trailer. But still no word on that cool and fresh and good movie.

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm very sad for Patrick Stewart. I hope they paid him well.

He's a piece of poo poo!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

doodlebugs posted:

He's a piece of poo poo!

He definitely doesn't care about poo poo.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Len posted:

Man going by that comment I was hoping it was the MiB/Jump Street trailer. But still no word on that cool and fresh and good movie.

Jonah Hill said last year the project was dead. Thank God.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Is 12 Feet Deep the second installment of the 47 Meters Down Cinematic Universe?

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Chairman Capone posted:

Is 12 Feet Deep the second installment of the 47 Meters Down Cinematic Universe?

No, Buried and Frozen (2010) are also in that universe.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Timby posted:

Jonah Hill said last year the project was dead. Thank God.

That's the worst news I've gotten all day.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

A sequel to Six Feet Under?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

New Oats Studio short is an age-old tale of a lone woman who is a robot but not really vs a space monster made up of human body parts. Starring Dakota Fanning [insert a lot of heart emojis here]. Special guest appearance: Prometheus axe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKWB-MVJ4sQ&t=233s

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Chairman Capone posted:

Just reading the title I expected a Pool Shark type spoof of that very movie.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Okay Hollywood, here's the movie you've been waiting for. 3 friends get really loving high, and they spend the night in a kiddy pool. Mainly because they're too paranoid to leave the safety of the pool. Except one of them rolls over and is too lazy to not drown. So he drowns, and his two friends are stuck in this kiddy pool with the body of their dead friend. Now they have to wait out the night and manage not to drown in this terrifying thriller.

Also a side plot of a quote unquote friend who uses this opportunity to rob them. He gets high and drowns in the pool as well.

Less than Two Feet of Water

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The MSJ posted:

New Oats Studio short is an age-old tale of a lone woman who is a robot but not really vs a space monster made up of human body parts. Starring Dakota Fanning [insert a lot of heart emojis here]. Special guest appearance: Prometheus axe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKWB-MVJ4sQ&t=233s

This got me to watch the whole set. I'm so glad Neill isn't doing alien so he can do rad shorts like this and Firebase.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Okay Hollywood, here's the movie you've been waiting for. 3 friends get really loving high, and they spend the night in a kiddy pool. Mainly because they're too paranoid to leave the safety of the pool. Except one of them rolls over and is too lazy to not drown. So he drowns, and his two friends are stuck in this kiddy pool with the body of their dead friend. Now they have to wait out the night and manage not to drown in this terrifying thriller.

Also a side plot of a quote unquote friend who uses this opportunity to rob them. He gets high and drowns in the pool as well.

Less than Two Feet of Water

Wow, sounds like the bodies are really hitting the floor.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I can't wait for "The Floor is Lava"

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

ccubed posted:

Todd McFarlane on a new Spawn movie:

“So I’m going, I’m not selling it but if you want to see the rough draft, I’ll send it to you. But just so everybody knows, I write, produce, direct, non-negotiable.”

McFarlane uses one... unconventional negotiation tactic

http://www.vulture.com/2017/03/todd-mcfarlane-still-answers-to-no-one.html

quote:

can take advantage of people’s bladders. I’ve got a strong bladder. It’s true! Here’s how you take advantage of that. You get these punk-rear end lawyers and three-piece-suit guys, and they come to my office, and it wasn’t an accident that where I used to draw, the sun would be straight this way [he shoots his hands toward me] and it would go straight past me, right to where I’d sit them. In the sun. Now, if you’ve never been to Phoenix in the summer? [His offices are located near Phoenix.] It is excruciatingly hot. Especially if you’re wearing a three-piece suit. So what I do is, I sit them strategically in a place where the sun is coming right through the window and they’re getting hotter and hotter. I’ve actually turned up the heat in my room, ’cause I’m like a cockroach — I’ve adapted. But these guys haven’t.

So what do you do to somebody who’s hot? You give ’em water and you be a good host! You pour water into them. But you make sure that, before you started the conversation, you say, “None of us leaves this room until this is settled.” And I can sit there for hours. And I can start to see when they start to move and wiggle in their seat. And I go, It’s happening. It’s percolating. And by some point, you can just see them go, “Unnghh! Fine! You can have that! You can have that point! Fine, you get that point! That’s fine! Are we done? Is this over? Yeah, good! Where’s your bathroom!” I’ve had that conversation plenty of times. The next question is, “Fine, where’s your bathroom?” So you gave it to me because you’ve got a weak bladder? [Shakes head.] Not mine.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Taintrunner posted:

They could adapt Rainbow Six Vegas...

That could probably double as a sequel to S.W.A.T. (2003)

stuffthatdidnthappen.txt

IANAL but I doubt any lawyer would go along with a literal interpretation of not leaving the room and say "goshdarn golly, you put me in a nasty predicament mistah MrFarlane, you got me good!"

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jul 13, 2017

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

This newest Oats release is almost-tease of what might've been had he been allowed his shot at alien.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

syscall girl posted:

Lots and lots of Bristol-Meyers Squibbs spraying fake blood everywhere.

I hate you

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

David Ayer left the new Scarface movie, after Antoine Fuqua did the same earlier this year. Ayer left for a very important reason though: the schedule for Scarface clashes with filming for Bright aka ORC COP.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Honestly, if the effects were better and it didn't have Cogliostro's VO (and if Spawn wasn't sort of a running nerd joke, to address the elephant in the room), it would probably be much better-remembered. Like I said, it's okayish; I'd put it in the same sphere of quality as, like, Timecop or Eraser.

The thing about Cog's VO is, almost nothing he says about the mythology actually ends up being remotely relevant to the movie, beyond that 10-second little end bit with Spawn in Hell. Literally all of the exposition that matters to the film's story is delivered by Clown to Spawn, and much more bluntly and concisely, at that. More than anything, I think that's what made audiences check out- if people are going to see a Spawn movie, they wanna see dead black Freddy Krueger gently caress some poo poo up with capes and chains, they don't give a drat about ~the war between Heaven and Hell for the souls of humanity~ or whatever the gently caress. That's actually specifically why I said in my pitch "don't touch that poo poo, keep it small scale and focused on Al."

Hobo with a Shotgun is seriously like 75% of the way to being a straight adaptation of the Mask comic.

Cogliostro's VO is amazing because it pissed off some of my comic friends because at that point in the comics he was some random old homeless dude and tbe movie came out before anything else about his nature had been revealed in the comics.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Oh drat, he pulls the "you can't leave the room cuz I said so" card! That's an unbreakable covenant! We can only hope he's not a real triple threat who also has "dibs!" and "shotgun!" in his arsenal.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm also pretty sure you sweat out most of that excess water.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm also pretty sure you sweat out most of that excess water.
The BO smell must be a permanent layer of paint in that office.

Also LOL for the movie giving away future plot about the characters, back when it wasn't all asspulls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

basic hitler posted:

This newest Oats release is almost-tease of what might've been had he been allowed his shot at alien.

CelticPredator posted:

This got me to watch the whole set. I'm so glad Neill isn't doing alien so he can do rad shorts like this and Firebase.

The thing is, the material released so far is much less alien/aliens and much more death race. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPnFN7KzJ5c

The beauty of the project is that the current volume can actually be watched in any order. It's very much like The Modular Body

• Locked thread