Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
do I want Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak for $17

or

Battlefleet Gothic Armada for $12

which one has more replay opportunities? I like leveling units up and poo poo and persistent units between battles and stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I'm leaning towards battlefleet just looking for opinions

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Homeworld rts got terrific reviews.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Homeworld

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Homeworld is kind of short but the story is real good

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
ok I'll give homeworld a go

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
am I crazy for wanting to buy a switch to play the new Zelda game? I don't even know any other Switch games

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
just wait and see if there are better games the game wont go away

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

If you must have portability

Good games will be coming out on it. I'm personally waiting for the next hardware revision. Not sure if they addressed it but you can't even back up saves so people are losing their 100 hour BOTW file when poo poo stops working and they have to send it in

Check out the line up of games: Mario kart is already out I think, Mario odyssey will be good as expected, splatoon 2. Only ones off the top of my head.

otherwise just get a wii-u and BOTW. It's a great system tbh

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mustang posted:

am I crazy for wanting to buy a switch to play the new Zelda game? I don't even know any other Switch games

you're basically saying you want to pay $450 or however much for one video game. then you'll just buy video games that you may not enjoy just to justify your purchase.

it gives me a very enlisted vibe.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Deserts of Kharak was good game.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

TBeats posted:

you're basically saying you want to pay $450 or however much for one video game. then you'll just buy video games that you may not enjoy just to justify your purchase.

it gives me a very enlisted vibe.

Yeah but he has noble money to support enlisted spending.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

lol so is the game just full of retards trying to emulate this now?

https://i.imgur.com/E0xxoom.gifv

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

the switch reminds me of sega's dreamgear

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
the nintendo cycle pretty much has people buying a console for 1 or 2 games and just lol

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Third World Reggin posted:

the nintendo cycle pretty much has people buying a console for 1 or 2 games and just lol

It's been like this for a while because Nintendo's third party support has been weak as poo poo for a long time, pretty much since Nintendo 64 days. They don't really push for third parties to publish on their consoles, nor do they care if they do, due to the strength of Nintendo's first party IPs. Problem is what happens when Shigeru Miyamoto kicks the bucket/retires or whatever? What happens when the brains behind your strong IPs goes away?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
You belatedly realize that console performance matters to an enormous segment of customers and that you could've been the size of google if you didn't wallow in your own filth for almost two decades.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Goddamnit, I forgot to buy Fallout 4 on sale, back to 30 bucks now

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Godholio posted:

You belatedly realize that console performance matters to an enormous segment of customers and that you could've been the size of google if you didn't wallow in your own filth for almost two decades.

:japan:

That's like the fireworks dude from Joe dirt "I only sell snakes and sparklers because those are the only fireworks I like"

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Picked up Golf Club 2 if anybody is interested in getting a hilarious 20 over par with me.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Picked up Golf Club 2 if anybody is interested in getting a hilarious 20 over par with me.

Does it have Hot-Shots style swing mechanics i.e. 3 button swing? I bought Golf Club when it came out and I was put off by the swing setup it used.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

tastefully arranged labia posted:

What do you have it on?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

PC. And swing is done with the mouse or gamepad. Really fiddly in my opinion.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

jfc wipeout look great on ps4 pro

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

my buddy and i were loving nerds back in the day, we used to trade and borrow snes rpgs all the goddamn time throughout our youth

he had an n64 and fuckin hated it because he spent 60$ on quest 64

for some weird fuckin reason he had extreme-g and we never played racing games except for that one, for hours on end

wipeout omega feels exactly like that but gd i played them on the vita and the game looks legit incredible on ps4

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I played the shot out of Morrowind and Oblivion. I can't believe it took me til now to play Skyrim. gently caress these games own!

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

loving poo poo I'm always overburdened because I steal everything

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

loving poo poo I'm always overburdened because I steal everything

This man gets it

Just lol if you don't have a safe house somewhere with 8 full sets of armour and 50 weapons stashed in case of uprising

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Two Finger posted:

This man gets it

Just lol if you don't have a safe house somewhere with 8 full sets of armour and 50 weapons stashed in case of uprising

Exactly

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Two Finger posted:

This man gets it

:respek:

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Fuuuuuck, now I got the urge to reinstall Skyrim, and finally play a pure magic character.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Missionary Positron posted:

Fuuuuuck, now I got the urge to reinstall Skyrim, and finally play a pure magic character.

Just lol

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

I know, no one can resist the lure of a stealth archer :(

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

That and magic has never really matched the other skillsets

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I tried doing doing a pure magic character once or twice. You're super squishy to begin with and you'll die a lot compared to the normal bow and stealth routine. But if you stick to your guns it's totally worth it. Being able to summon a giant fuckoff elemental that wipes out half a dungeon while you sit and squat in a corner is pretty hilarious.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Two Finger posted:

That and magic has never really matched the other skillsets

that's easily fixable with mods, tho :pcgaming:

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
I've enjoyed playing battle mages in Morrowind and, to a lesser extent, Oblivion. But Skyrim's magic system is so dumbed down and inflexible compared to those two that I never really got into it.

One of the best things about Morrowind's magic was figuring out how to break it. That's what a supremely powerful avatar of the gods would do, right? Enchant armor that makes you invisible, immune to everything, and kills anything that somehow gets past your army of daedra. gently caress your silt strider; I jump across continents.

Skyrim gives you flamethrower hands.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Derek Dominoe posted:

Skyrim gives you flamethrower hands.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Stealth archer really is the way to go, though. Just lol if you're not one-shotting everything short of loving dragons.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

stealth archer is what everyone plays because the actual melee combat is god awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Reverand maynard posted:

stealth archer is what everyone plays because the actual melee combat is god awful.

I bought Skyrim for like 10 bucks and when I realized how loving terrible the melee combat was I just didn't play it anymore.

I don't know what I was expecting it's just bethesda being bethesda.