Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Pocket Mortys just got updated with a long awaited online multiplayer mode and some other new content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Hahaha that looks like garbage

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
MiniDayZ seems really hard and random even on the lowest difficulty.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

FistEnergy posted:

MiniDayZ seems really hard and random even on the lowest difficulty.

Yeah you pretty much need to watch the ad for the loot box I think.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runic_Games

It looks like Runic was bought by Perfect World, and two of the co-founders jumped ship a few years ago.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

RBA Starblade posted:

Yeah you pretty much need to watch the ad for the loot box I think.

I have tried this twice and both times the loot boxes were empty, or didn't land correctly, or something. I just gave up.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cidrick posted:

I have tried this twice and both times the loot boxes were empty, or didn't land correctly, or something. I just gave up.

Oh. I was on an airplane so I didn't try, but there's so little food or water that I just assumed it was nearly mandatory.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

So it's like real Day Z, hot trash

Hopefully mobile PUBG is better

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Does Crazy Taxi Gazllionaire have Cloud Saving?

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

RBA Starblade posted:

Oh. I was on an airplane so I didn't try, but there's so little food or water that I just assumed it was nearly mandatory.

It definitely sucks a lot less if you can get a gun on the first island, but it's still kind of a crapshoot and it's really frustrating to not be able to get off the first island because the looting RNG isn't going your way.

I'm still playing it though because it's a decent timewaster and I love flawed loot-for-your-own-survival games ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
What are some cool base management games? Clash of Clans was fun and Fallout Shelter was almost neat. I've been playing Tactile Wars but it seems... Empty.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
There's a new Layton game called Layton's Mystery Journey coming out July 20 which you can pre-register for right now.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

mrkillboy posted:

There's a new Layton game called Layton's Mystery Journey coming out July 20 which you can pre-register for right now.

Not found.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

The journey of mystery has already begun

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Agoat posted:

What are some cool base management games? Clash of Clans was fun and Fallout Shelter was almost neat. I've been playing Tactile Wars but it seems... Empty.

If you liked CoC, Boom Beach is p. fun and you can join the goon guild Boat Pirates.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

IAmTheRad posted:

Not found.

http://www.laytonseries.com

Click the giant in yo face banner

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
There's a new Humble Bundle out consisting of JRPGs (and one shooter) from Kemco and HyperDevbox.

Mighty Steed
Apr 16, 2005
Nice horsey
Thanks to whoever pointed out that Just Starve was on sale, it's a lot of fun.

Still trying to figure out how to make enough food to make it through winter. Ran out about day 30.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Mighty Steed posted:

Still trying to figure out how to make enough food to make it through winter. Ran out about day 30.

Uhh... :stare:

I mean, I suck at the game, so that ends up happening to me anyway, but...

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

[quote="“Mighty Steed”" post="“474252849”"]
Thanks to whoever pointed out that Just Starve was on sale, it’s a lot of fun.

[/quote]

sounds like you’re playing it correctly!

Mighty Steed
Apr 16, 2005
Nice horsey
Whoops, of course I meant Don't Starve.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

^^ Yeah, I know, but it's funnier this way.

Does it blast through anyone else's battery really quickly? I'm playing it on my G4, feels like it goes through a % point per minute. Obviously, I'd rather play it plugged in.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Mighty Steed posted:

Are you playing it on a phone or tablet. I am intrigued by the game but not sure how well it'd play on phones.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Scipiotik posted:

Are you playing it on a phone or tablet. I am intrigued by the game but not sure how well it'd play on phones.

I actually think it works pretty well on my phone. Look into the options to see if the virtual joystick is better or worse for you. I turned it off, so dudebro (forget his name) walks here I point to, instead of which direction I've moved my thumb.

Plus, you can hold the buttons on the side that activate when you're near something that can be foraged or fought, so that dudebro (Wilson?) will keep at a certain task, or keep after an enemy.

Speaking of Klei games, man, I really, REALLY wish that Invisible Inc was on Android (and not just tablets :argh:)

Mighty Steed
Apr 16, 2005
Nice horsey
I'm playing it on a phone and it works well with the screen joystick and two action buttons. Some tasks can be fiddly but it's perfectly playable.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm impulse buying an Amazon Fire tablet because its Prime Day and the sale is pretty ridiculous. I'm mostly going to use it for TV and for help with cooking, but is there a list of games somewhere that will run on it?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Montalvo posted:

I'm impulse buying an Amazon Fire tablet because its Prime Day and the sale is pretty ridiculous. I'm mostly going to use it for TV and for help with cooking, but is there a list of games somewhere that will run on it?

Its a pretty great tablet for the price. It should handle anything not 3d. My kid has one and it runs the Mario runner game really great. Chugs a little on Magikarp Go?

Note, you need to sideload playstore on it, then you have the whole play store available and don't have to go through amazon app store. No rooting required.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I ended up splashing on the 8, maybe that one has slightly better performance? I'm not too picky about games; but I would be over the moon if I could run the Baldur's Gate series on it.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Montalvo posted:

I ended up splashing on the 8, maybe that one has slightly better performance? I'm not too picky about games; but I would be over the moon if I could run the Baldur's Gate series on it.

Pretty sure those run on potatoes. I got an ancient free tablet (generic brand 2gbs of memory and 512mb of ram and it runs Knights Of The Old Republic flawlessly.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Sweet. Between the Baldur's Gate series and HoMaM 3, I should be set for ages.

ItsNotAGirlName
Jan 9, 2011

Montalvo posted:

I can run Planescape just fine on my Fire, so I assume the BG games are the same. Sideloading the Play store is kind of a pain, but there's guides all over the place so it's not that bad.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

ItsNotAGirlName posted:

I can run Planescape just fine on my Fire, so I assume the BG games are the same. Sideloading the Play store is kind of a pain, but there's guides all over the place so it's not that bad.

Awesome, they are super great for the insane price. At $30 a pop I consider getting a few to leave lying around the house. Dedicated one in the kitchen for recipe's. Cheap digital picture frame.

Almost at the Star Trek level of tablet = piece of paper.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Does it blast through anyone else's battery really quickly? I'm playing it on my G4, feels like it goes through a % point per minute. Obviously, I'd rather play it plugged in.

Honestly I got it and after being impressed with the game itself I was surprised at how well it runs. I'm guessing a lot of games use some platform like Unity that runs hot even for very simple stuff, but this doesn't seem like it hits the battery much at all. I get a bit of slowdown later when there's a lot going on on screen though

Controls on a phone are good considering, except inventory management. If you drag something out over where the joystick is your dude starts running off with the item in his hand and all you can do is put it down and pick it up again. It gets to the point where you might need to move an item into a slot to the right to be able to use it

Also the attack button has some... interesting choice of targets. I didn't need that defensive wall anyway!

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
A Planet of Mine is a promising new 4X game that just came out. It's a bit unpolished (and the English translation is not great) but it seems quite cool. There's only a few races and a single timed mode available in the base game; you can unlock the rest with a $5 IAP.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Wow that's a cool design. It works so well as a portrait game, and it looks like there's a ton of depth.

I really wish they had a proper tutorial though, between the lack of explanation and the awkward English it's been a struggle. If there was a proper getting started guide/a wiki this game would be so much more accessible. As it is though prolly still going to put in the time to figure it out, it does seem like it'll be worth the time spent.

Thanks for posting it!

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

foutre posted:

I really wish they had a proper tutorial though, between the lack of explanation and the awkward English it's been a struggle.

I have to agree, these are by far the biggest issues with the game. I think the tutorial might be ok if the Pandipedia was actually useful in teaching you the systems.

I hope the game is successful enough for the devs to fix these issues down the road. There's definitely a decent game in there.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jul 12, 2017

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Just wanna thank whoever posted Minesweeper Collector, Hexagonal Minesweeper is the best thing I've ever seen.

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001

YggiDee posted:

Just wanna thank whoever posted Minesweeper Collector, Hexagonal Minesweeper is the best thing I've ever seen.

I find the hex levels to be the worst. There's almost no deduction to be done.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The hex ones are really easy, but they are still fun. It's a nice change from the usual minesweeper grid. The problem I have with the game is that the fields are usually too small. It tries to do various object shaped playing fields, but they tend to be much smaller than I had hoped they would be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

binge crotching posted:

The hex ones are really easy, but they are still fun. It's a nice change from the usual minesweeper grid. The problem I have with the game is that the fields are usually too small. It tries to do various object shaped playing fields, but they tend to be much smaller than I had hoped they would be.
Have you gotten to the Hardcore stages? Or tried online? The hardcore stages are pretty large and significantly more difficult, while the online fields are enormous. Though obviously you're not going to do one of those fields by yourself.