Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Nichael posted:

I actually do think they should do this should the Democrats, on some slim chance, overcome the assault on voting rights and win back the legislature and executive. Flood the Supreme Court with the youngest and most radical left judges imaginable. gently caress it, decorum is long dead.

pretty much. oh look a radical leftist court voted that investors are criminally liable for corporate crimes 19-6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Nichael posted:

I actually do think they should do this should the Democrats, on some slim chance, overcome the assault on voting rights and win back the legislature and executive. Flood the Supreme Court with the youngest and most radical left judges imaginable. gently caress it, decorum is long dead.

the EIT project with Jerry McGuire, but instead of building a shrine in the desert, it's every box set of the West Wing hurled into an active caldera

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Feldegast42 posted:

Take house in 2018, pass leftist dream legislation and slam Trump and McConnell on all the good stuff you could be doing for the country if not for them, run on economic populism, take the rest of government in 2020.

how is it even possible to win the house with the gerrymandering at play? Dems won 52% of the vote in 2012 and were 30ish seats from the majority.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

that's the "repeal now, replace with nothing" bill which alienates some others

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

Significant Ant posted:

It only took Corbyn 2 years to whip the party into shape and run one of the biggest upsets in British election history

Anything can happen

Completely and totally different system.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Brother Friendship posted:

how is it even possible to win the house with the gerrymandering at play? Dems won 52% of the vote in 2012 and were 30ish seats from the majority.

actually its pretty straightforward if trump's problems continue in white suburbs.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

why the gently caress is he turning into a establishment democrat????????

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Zyla posted:

"mike pence" rhymes with "dyke fence"

purveyors of only the finest stolen dykes

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
MSNBC chyron guy gettin' frisky

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Schnorkles posted:

actually its pretty straightforward if trump's problems continue in white suburbs.

Play with the balls while you're at it.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

The inside of Rand Paul's mind is probably as foreign to me as silicon based alien life with radial symmetry that communicates through flashing lights.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

basically if the dems take back the house in 2018 its gonna be a bunch of sun belt suburban types

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Schnorkles posted:

as if trump would ever set foot in the suburbs :smugdon:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

deathbysnusnu posted:

The inside of Rand Paul's mind is probably as foreign to me as silicon based alien life with radial symmetry that communicates through flashing lights.

it's actually fairly simple to understand

he wants no government at all and will absolutely not compromise on that for any reason

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

gerrymandering can hilariously backfire during wave years. Spreading out the dem vote works normally, but if they get energized while your base gets depressed then whoooops have fun fighting incumbency

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

i guess the supreme court could end partisan gerrymandering too, but i don't think that's gonna happen

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

A lot of the seats are gerrymandered GOP, but at just a slight advantage (I think average 5 points). A big enough wave could knock over a crap ton of seats if you have the right message and campaign. Of course the Democrats suck at both of those but with all the work that the Berniecrat wing is putting in (along with the economic populist message slowly but surely growing in the bad dems) its possible.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Schnorkles posted:

basically if the dems take back the house in 2018 its gonna be a bunch of sun belt suburban types

Ossoff lost

I think there's going to be more leftists and left-liberals than people expect. A lot of people are signing up to run, either because they're outraged over Trump or because they saw that you don't have to have political experience to win political office

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

thanks buddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFI4okNVdPs

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
The personal lawyer of the president of the United States sent a series of threatening emails, probably while drunk, to an internet troll and that's not even the top news story for the day.

I'm sorry I ever thought nothing could top 2016z

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Yinlock posted:

or put term limits on everything

Nah, make the Supreme Court 45 judges, and 36 of the judges are carbon copies of Hank Azaria's Julio in The Simpsons

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

skaboomizzy posted:

MSNBC chyron guy gettin' frisky

flight of the bumblebee is rly the only russian piece id consider a standard 🤔 :thunk:

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Trump is so powerful he will take us to maximum entropy.

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER

peeonwe posted:

Is there really that big of a difference between being peed on by three perfect russian prostitutes and inserting a cigar into a vagina? At least Trump had the respect to not have his sexual peccadilloes in the white house but instead he did it in a completely different country, one the liberals say we shouldn't have any respect for anyway! So why are they so worried about the stains on sheets in Moscow?

please don't give them ideas / source your quotes

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
https://twitter.com/gregpinelo/status/885522352418816000

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Yinlock posted:

he wants no government at all and will absolutely not compromise on that for any reason

he's the kind of von Mises initiate that believes you have the right to kill someone if they try to start a conversation you don't want to have

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

SKULL.GIF posted:

Ossoff lost

I think there's going to be more leftists and left-liberals than people expect. A lot of people are signing up to run, either because they're outraged over Trump or because they saw that you don't have to have political experience to win political office

GA-06 is on the redder edge of what you expect to be doable. VA-10, PA-17, CA-49 are much bluer but follow similar dynamics

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

SKULL.GIF posted:

Ossoff lost

Leftist causes are always going to have an uphill battle because it takes paragraphs to explain while the average person enjoys the easily digestible America, god, guns, and freedom good, government and big words bad.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nichael posted:

Nah, make the Supreme Court 45 judges, and 36 of the judges are carbon copies of Hank Azaria's Julio in The Simpsons

also acceptable

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

wait pa-17 might not be right, I could be getting that mixed up

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

MODS CURE JOKES posted:

please don't give them ideas / source your quotes

they are definiitely going to say it is computer generated fake news when the vid comes out so they won't even have to bring up monica

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Schnorkles posted:

trump has something like an +80% with his base

even now

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

I can't keep track of every district in the country okay!!!!

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Basically Democrats should be playing to win. For the last few decades they have been playing to not lose. That obviously doesn't work.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Yinlock posted:

I think, if the question was put to him correctly and he had no other options, he'd accept a recreation of the Confederate government, albeit with some objections.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Average household income is $73,000 but median income which is the better centra tendency measure in this case is about $51,000

lol median household income where I live is $28,000 and it's sad as hell

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

deathbysnusnu posted:

Leftist causes are always going to have an uphill battle because it takes paragraphs to explain while the average person enjoys the easily digestible America, god, guns, and freedom good, government and big words bad.

nah, Corbyn pulled off the upset because he kept it simple and to the point:

"Rebuild healthcare, make everyone's lives better," "Nationalize public transit, make the trains work again," etc.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

GA-06 is on the redder edge of what you expect to be doable. VA-10, PA-17, CA-49 are much bluer but follow similar dynamics

and yet he underperformed Hillary while all the people to the left of him in the other special elections pulled off massive improvements over 2016.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

Ossoff lost

You are politically naive if you think the dem leadership will leave a leftist insurrection unopposed. They will try and crush it and likely succeed, then point to the impediments they helped create as reasons why centrist moderates should be run and then vigorously support them.

gently caress, they may just outright cheat to get their way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Schnorkles posted:

Worked super well in GA-6

• Locked thread