Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Petr posted:

Don't people get disbarred for doing things like sending death threats to randos?

I'm not sure "watch your back, bitch" could be argued as a death threat, but here's hoping he suffers some consequences for acting like a drat fool. That's not professional way to carry yourself with the credentials he holds, or any job, really.

Flying luckdog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Liberals are trashing the environment.

quote:

Millions Of Policy Proposals Spill Into Sea As Brookings Institution Think Tanker Runs Aground Off Crimea Coast

YALTA, CRIMEA—In what is being called the worst environmental disaster in the region’s history, millions of policy proposals gushed into the Black Sea on Thursday after a Brookings Institution think tanker ran aground off the coast of Crimea. “Cleanup crews are working around the clock to contain this massive flood of position papers on economics and global development,” said Brookings Institution president Strobe Talbott, adding that booms had been brought to the site to halt the spread of the nonpartisan research while skimmers had been deployed to collect the policy briefs from the ocean’s surface in hopes of preventing currents from dispersing them over a far greater area. “We’re doing our very best to limit the exposure of marine habitats to the analyses of sub-Saharan energy infrastructure, universal basic income, and automation in the labor market, but it could be months before we know the full extent of the damage.” Talbott went on to say that the Brookings Institution had already pledged $200 million toward cleanup efforts.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

Putin has an actual track record of killing people who pose a threat to him, though.

The Seth Rich conspiracy banks on you believing that the Clintons have been secretly murdering people for decades.

Putin's typical methods involve muggings, straight up murders or poisonings. I can't recall hearing of a single example of someone supposedly killed by the russian government in an apparent suicide by huffing helium after leaving a suicide note.

If there was something to suggest foul play, go nuts, but this is sad.

Caros
May 14, 2008

KickerOfMice posted:

I'm not sure "watch your back, bitch" could be argued as a death threat, but here's hoping he suffers some consequences for acting like a drat fool. That's not professional way to carry yourself with the credentials he holds, or any job, really.

Flying luckdog.

"I know where you live" starts getting into the threat aspect however.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/AshleyRParker/status/885654635553452032

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Super-large liquefied liberal policy tanker. I don't know why I find that funny.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Sinteres posted:

If he sticks with this, people will have to stop saying he's all talk. We'll see.

https://twitter.com/sangerkatz/status/885647082043973632

If it fails 49-51 and McCain is a no I'll give him a huge break. If it's failing anyway and he votes no he's just padding his "maverick" credentials with another meaningless vote on a bill that's gonna fail with or without him.

McCain loves to play the part but when he's actually needed he's as dependable as anyone else. That's why it was such a shock earlier this year when he spite voted no on rolling back some methane regulations from the Obama administration.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Caros posted:

"I know where you live" starts getting into the threat aspect however.

Oh it's an obvious threat, no doubt at all. A death threat though, Not so sure. And you could lawyer the gently caress out of that, back and forth.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jul 14, 2017

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Your Taint posted:

Interview starts at 28:35. The further it goes the worse the bearded dickhead on the left gets it. Fred Astaire would be impressed by this guys tap dancing.

https://youtu.be/4Zjxo16G0k8

He looks a LOT like a Chicken McNugget from McDonalds.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Caros posted:

Putin's typical methods involve muggings, straight up murders or poisonings. I can't recall hearing of a single example of someone supposedly killed by the russian government in an apparent suicide by huffing helium after leaving a suicide note.

If there was something to suggest foul play, go nuts, but this is sad.

There was the "spy in the bag murder." Never proven to be anything to do with Putin, of course. Or even a murder.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...kmail-plot.html

The guy who was killed by polonium (definitely a Russian hit) dies show us that Putin does appreciate a little super villain stuff. His assassins aren't always efficient get-the-job-done guys. They do like a little drama.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

lizardman posted:

He looks a LOT like a Chicken McNugget from McDonalds.

I will never, ever get used to fat USians' obsession with goatees

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

moostaffa posted:

I will never, ever get used to fat USians' obsession with goatees

It gives the illusion of a single chin.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
In case anyone still thinks that Jared is the moderate voice of reason in the Trump admin:

https://twitter.com/tarapalmeri/status/885641444282781696

https://twitter.com/tarapalmeri/status/885642798174810112

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

There is a very real chance that Gerrymandering gets shot down in the near future.

As a thing in general? No, not at all? In absurdly skewed situations? Maybe. If Kennedy actually accepts the evidence he said the court needed in the past (the WI case is literally built on the exact thing Kennedy asked for in the past).

Comedy option: Gorsuch reveals that he is against Gerrymandering and sides with the liberals in striking it down (he won't).

Sinteres posted:

If he sticks with this, people will have to stop saying he's all talk. We'll see.

https://twitter.com/sangerkatz/status/885647082043973632

If he knows there's 51+ no votes without him he'll probably vote no. If it's 50 no and 49 yes, with him as the last vote, he will absolutely vote yes because McCain's "maverick" persona is all for show so that he can be seen as the Adult In The Room. He's one of the most loyal Republicans in DC.

JailTrump
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

He's making millions off all his cronyism with his hotels and foreign powers why the gently caress does he need them to pay for it?

What the gently caress are we missing?

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo

JailTrump posted:

He's making millions off all his cronyism with his hotels and foreign powers why the gently caress does he need them to pay for it?

Have you heard of the man, Donald J. Trump?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

JailTrump posted:

I don't think you understand the mentality of massively greedy shitheads.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Evil Fluffy posted:

Comedy option: Gorsuch reveals that he is against Gerrymandering and sides with the liberals in striking it down (he won't).

Fun fact though: Justice Thomas of all people sided with the liberals in striking down NC districts on the basis of racial gerrymandering

JailTrump
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Caros posted:

Ugh, Maddow is running the suicide story this evening.

Leave it and the conspiracy poo poo to the conservatives. This is barely better than the Seth Rich nonsense.

This is why Democrats lose. They're too drat smart to blindly believe left wing conspiracy theories and rally vote.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

JailTrump posted:

This is why Democrats lose. They're too drat smart to blindly believe left wing conspiracy theories and rally vote.

Yeah. At a BBQ with friends this week, we got into a fairly friendly liberal firing squad after a couple folks said they no longer trusted Maddow because of the tax return thing. So many libs internalized "they go low we go high" to such a degree that they're willing to throw the baby out with the bath water

It's why even some super woke people still bend over backwards to praise McCain for not being a hell devil rear end in a top hat; so many libs are obsessed with a very particular type of rhetorical "fairness"

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Mustached Demon posted:

Show your liberal friends how fried his brain is.

Those friends probably also bring up "Oh boy even Beck thinks this is insane."

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Waffles Inc. posted:

Yeah. At a BBQ with friends this week, we got into a fairly friendly liberal firing squad after a couple folks said they no longer trusted Maddow because of the tax return thing. So many libs internalized "they go low we go high" to such a degree that they're willing to throw the baby out with the bath water

It's why even some super woke people still bend over backwards to praise McCain for not being a hell devil rear end in a top hat; so many libs are obsessed with a very particular type of rhetorical "fairness"

Context: Bunch of liberal hippies in California. There's a drought and water usage restrictions.

Liberals can't even tell millionaires to not waste water during a drought without worrying about being judgemental.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jul 14, 2017

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

DaveWoo posted:

In case anyone still thinks that Jared is the moderate voice of reason in the Trump admin:

https://twitter.com/tarapalmeri/status/885641444282781696

https://twitter.com/tarapalmeri/status/885642798174810112

Man, the photographer caught one of those instances where you can tell precisely how a young person is going to look when they turn old here.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Context: Bunch of liberal hippies in California. There's a drought and water usage restrictions.

Liberals can't even tell millionaires to not waste water during a drought without worrying about being judgemental.

love too yell at people about wasting water

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Waffles Inc. posted:

The real problem is that people misunderstood "they go low we go high."

They go low, you don't follow them down and wrestle, you go stay high and just start kicking them in the loving head while they're down. :colbert:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

JailTrump posted:

Real estate is a business with enormous debt loads. Kushner is something like $500 million in debt on a single building even after having a big company come in and buy half ownership from him.

The reason he was so eager for the Anbang deal is that he's had to roll over a tranch of loans at a higher interest rate. The building is losing something like $10 million year.

Real estate people are often one refinance away from bankruptcy.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

lizardman posted:

Man, the photographer caught one of those instances where you can tell precisely how a young person is going to look when they turn old here.

That's not a photograph, it's a painting.

For some reason it was just lying in the attic.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Waffles Inc. posted:

Democrats have successfully branded not being horrifically lovely as a political position rather than a default state, so lots of people are still really unwilling to see the Republican party as the bastion of insane regressivism that it actually is. There really shouldn't be any quarter given to a party that holds so many openly horrible positions, but yet a lot of people are still desperate to find Republicans that they can safely not hate.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Waffles Inc. posted:

What thing? She milked two pieces of paper for 20 minutes and then Steven Colbert made fun of it.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Your Taint posted:

Interview starts at 28:35. The further it goes the worse the bearded dickhead on the left gets it. Fred Astaire would be impressed by this guys tap dancing.

https://youtu.be/4Zjxo16G0k8

Has anybody bothered to ask why there was an ever changing series of lies for over a year about this, depending on what was publicly known?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Paradoxish posted:

Democrats have successfully branded not being horrifically lovely as a political position rather than a default state, so lots of people are still really unwilling to see the Republican party as the bastion of insane regressivism that it actually is. There really shouldn't be any quarter given to a party that holds so many openly horrible positions, but yet a lot of people are still desperate to find Republicans that they can safely not hate.

Also I'm pretty sure McCain essentially is the hell devil rear end in a top hat given that he knowingly wears a mask of deceit for political gain.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Dogwood Fleet posted:

What thing? She milked two pieces of paper for 20 minutes and then Steven Colbert made fun of it.

Yeah it was that. They admitted they didn't watch the segment and based on watching the Colbert bit on YouTube they assumed that she was basically a hack on par with Fox News

A lot of libs are incredibly worried about being hit with the accusation of hackery, fakery and hypocrisy that we accuse the right of, because the left eats the left on account of fakery and being a hack. but the right not only doesn't suffer any consequences for it, but their base seems to gain energy from it

Discussing politics with other likeminded lefties is often even more of a minefield than talking politics with the right because at least I know where I'll stand; who knows if telling a lib that punching nazis is ok is going to illicit a "hell yeah agreed" or a "tsk tsk violence is never good and there are moral absolutes and we need to reach out to nazis"

Waffles Inc. fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jul 14, 2017

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

BarbarianElephant posted:

There was the "spy in the bag murder." Never proven to be anything to do with Putin, of course. Or even a murder.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...kmail-plot.html

The guy who was killed by polonium (definitely a Russian hit) dies show us that Putin does appreciate a little super villain stuff. His assassins aren't always efficient get-the-job-done guys. They do like a little drama.

The ones that are dramatic are meant to send a message, "you are not safe anywhere. Putin will find you."

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

lizardman posted:

Yeah you can also tell why he never shows his teeth when he knows he's being photographed

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Waffles Inc. posted:

Yeah it was that. They admitted they didn't watch the segment and based on watching the Colbert bit on YouTube they assumed that she was basically a hack on par with Fox News

A lot of libs are incredibly worried about being hit with the accusation of hackery, fakery and hypocrisy that we accuse the right of, because the left eats the left on account of fakery and being a hack. but the right not only doesn't suffer any consequences for it, but their base seems to gain energy from it

Discussing politics with other likeminded lefties is often even more of a minefield than talking politics with the right because at least I know where I'll stand; who knows if telling a lib that punching nazis is ok is going to illicit a "hell yeah agreed" or a "tsk tsk violence is never good and there are moral absolutes and we need to reach out to nazis"

IMO it's largely because "owned libs" is the end goal for the right more than anything else, where as the left don't really have an equivalent. "punch Nazis", sure, but by god we want to hang on to our sense of decorum and talk it out.

silly mane
Nov 26, 2004

pacerhimself posted:

Has anybody bothered to ask why there was an ever changing series of lies for over a year about this, depending on what was publicly known?

Seriously. Watching this, all I could think was how this fucker was taking Trump Jr.'s words at face value over and over, when it couldn't have been shown more clearly in the past week that he will lie and obfuscate endlessly until the jig is absolutely up.

It's the same thing as Kushner, Sessions, Bannon, Flynn, etc. blatantly lying on official docs and then going back and changing them when they get caught in it. It's loving bullshit.

Speaking of that... can they REALLY get away with this poo poo? A lot of this stuff has come out into the public eye. Of all the illegal corrupt things going on in and around this administration, the thing where they go back and redo documents when their lies get exposed seems like the most blatant. Surely cases are being built on these kinds of things and it's only a matter of time until the other shoe drops -- right?

silly mane fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jul 14, 2017

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

silly mane posted:

Seriously. Watching this, all I could think was how this fucker was taking Trump Jr.'s words at face value over and over, when it couldn't have been shown more clearly in the past week that he will lie and obfuscate endlessly until the jig is absolutely up.

Plesae, this fucker AND his dad could be on the way to the gibbet for shoplifting, both shouting about fake shops.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

pacerhimself posted:

Don't know if you've been watching, but i've seen it pointed out literally dozens of times that the story changed many times.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Waffles Inc. posted:

The Sartre quote on anti semites knowing that only their adversaries are obliged to use words responsibly continues to be the most accurate analysis of republicans today. It's so loving easy to argue from a right wing perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Your Taint posted:

Don't know if you've been watching, but i've seen it pointed out literally dozens of times that the story changed many times.

I really try to avoid cable news so it's good to know it's been asked.

• Locked thread