Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Monaghan posted:

The big ninja war already seemed bloated as gently caress in the manga, I cannot even imagine how it'd be in the anime if they were padding it out even more.
Ok so like, imagine you get to the point where Goku and Vegeta are about to fight Kid Buu.
But instead of showing that it randomly goes into 2 or 3 episodes of an alternate timeline where Goten was the main character.
And then again for every single side character possible, for weeks on end. Over and over again.
And then when that's finished, Goku powers up to SS3 but then it suddenly goes into a boring 10 episode backstory segment for Babidi.
Basically something like that but make it as uninteresting and insignificant as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

HGH posted:

And then when that's finished, Goku powers up to SS3 but then it suddenly goes into a boring 10 episode backstory segment for Babidi.

With narration by J.K. Rowling.

"Babidi was born child. His father, Bibidi, had passed on when Babidi was but a child. He was sent to live with his aunt and uncle, Ala and Kazam, who hated magic and anything related to such a unusual sort. They were normal and prided themselves on being so. To them, the Bibidi side of the family was an embarrassment and his little creation, Buu, a secret to be buried. How could one be so abnormal?, they would think. They took their dislike out on poor, young Babidi. They didn't give him a room like their actual son, Abra, and instead had him live in a tiny closet under the stairs."

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Covok posted:

I still remember all those people who decided to wear their headbands to school.

Raxivace posted:

We had those people at my school too.

...poo poo, maybe we really are the same person after all.

I remember when those headbands were valuable items in some private Ragnarok Online server I played on as a kid, and wanted some purely to get Big Numbers.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Raxivace posted:

We had those people at my school too.

...poo poo, maybe we really are the same person after all.

They were at a LOT of schools.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Mordaedil posted:

Not saying it's exactly like that, though I am surprised someone would give it any time of the day now a days, but then again even the prequels had their fans.

I'm watching it now and enjoying it a lot, and cutting out all the filler episodes. I get that it's popular to poo poo on Naruto but it's pretty good. I'm in Shippuden.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Aurora posted:

I'm watching it now and enjoying it a lot, and cutting out all the filler episodes. I get that it's popular to poo poo on Naruto but it's pretty good. I'm in Shippuden.

How far in?
And you enjoyed the 10 episodes of chasing after Deidara at the beginning of shippuden?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

They were whatever because most of those episodes were Sakura and Chiyo vs Sasori...?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Aurora posted:

They were whatever because most of those episodes were Sakura and Chiyo vs Sasori...?

So you enjoyed Sakura still being useless after 2 years and requiring a pilot to do anything?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Kild posted:

So you enjoyed Sakura still being useless after 2 years and requiring a pilot to do anything?

She wasn't useless though :confused:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

sakura was pretty useless after sasori at least. she seriously does nothing after that until like the last fight

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

sakura was pretty useless after sasori at least. she seriously does nothing after that until like the last fight

I mean that's probably true but also we've all watched DBZ which does the exact same poo poo

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Naruto is interesting in that while DB forgets women are a thing, Naruto actively sets up them doing a thing then goes lol nope at the last minute.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the way naruto handles sakura is pretty different from how dbz handles its characters. even chichi is a better, more dignified character than sakura. at least her husband likes her

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Manatee Cannon posted:

the way naruto handles sakura is pretty different from how dbz handles its characters. even chichi is a better, more dignified character than sakura. at least her husband likes her

Hey her husband likes her! He is just insanely abusive.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The rescue Gaara arc of Naruto was good + fun and there were several fun and good moments and arcs after it. Too bad about the godawful ninja war which was like the last 100 or more chapters of the series and especially the fight with Tobi and Madara though. There were moments in that where it was worse than Bleach.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I saw Guy vs Madara so that was pretty cool

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I like the ninja war but yeah once Madara enters the scene it becomes look how cool and smart Madara is. And they fight and job to him for a long time.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

there are some good moments in naruto post timeskip (shikamaru vs hidan for example) but a lot of it is lame and the ending is incredibly bad

another fun naruto example: tenten, that character you don't remember, has gotta be one of the most underused characters in shonen history. like drat girl, chiaotzu had a better run than you. remember when she picked up that super special fan thing and it was hinted that she'd do something, then never showed up again until the epilogue? that was cool

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

there are some good moments in naruto post timeskip (shikamaru vs hidan for example) but a lot of it is lame and the ending is incredibly bad

another fun naruto example: tenten, that character you don't remember, has gotta be one of the most underused characters in shonen history. like drat girl, chiaotzu had a better run than you. remember when she picked up that super special fan thing and it was hinted that she'd do something, then never showed up again until the epilogue? that was cool

Tenten got more focus in the anime then she ever did in the series (hell, her two major fights in the series weren't even shown in the latter). Her existence is literally pointless aside from filling out Team Guy (she's basically a talking background prop rather than a character), it's kind of ridiculous really.

As alluded to, She's in a lot of anime filler though (which is the only time she ever gets a chance to actually do something noteworthy) to the point where I'd almost think the writers felt sorry for her. Even at the end of the manga she winds up alone and running a weapon shop that nobody visits.

Funky Valentine posted:

Pretty much everyone who wasn't on Team 7 got absolutely shafted. And even then, Sakura is an incredibly pitiful character.

Where's Naruto but told from Shino's perspective?

Ah yes, and Shino is about a step above Tenten as far as relevance goes (though he does at least get a fight or two and he seems to have a bit more prominent role in the Boruto series).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jul 14, 2017

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Pretty much everyone who wasn't on Team 7 got absolutely shafted. And even then, Sakura is an incredibly pitiful character.

Where's Naruto but told from Shino's perspective?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEEoYVMybtI

skip to 2:37

I love the Super Dub :allears:

Caros
May 14, 2008

New freeza is so bad. :(

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

He's actually pretty great.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'm struggling to wrap my head around a character being less dignified than Chichi. Surely this is an exaggeration, right? Right?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Chris Ayers is much much better than Linda Young.

Though we'll never get a proper "HOW RUDE" again.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's an alright impression. it does remind me of why they need a new va in the first place tho and that's a bummer

Momomo posted:

I'm struggling to wrap my head around a character being less dignified than Chichi. Surely this is an exaggeration, right? Right?

no. read the salad gaiden stuff

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Caros posted:

New freeza is so bad. :(

actually, youre bad

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Momomo posted:

chichi got the happy ending she wanted, up to gohan growing up to be a huge smart nerd

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Momomo posted:

It's not.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's an alright impression. it does remind me of why they need a new va in the first place tho and that's a bummer

Why what happened.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Why what happened.

https://www.facebook.com/christopher.ayres.3/posts/10158952499650370

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Oh I thought you meant something happened to Linda Young who was Freeza's original english voice.

I know about Chirs Ayres illness and needed surgery. That is Chris Aryres in that clip that was shown. Those episodes were recorded before he reported his illness.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Momomo posted:

It's realllllllllly bad not to mention what happens to Hinata invalidates her entire character arc. Naruto's author has some interesting opinions on women and it shows in his writing.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Unpopular opinion, I really liked King Kai's japanese voice from the first episodes of Super.

Like there was a certain charm to the guy sounding so chill while yelling at Goku for killing him and never reviving him.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

lezard_valeth posted:

Unpopular opinion, I really liked King Kai's japanese voice from the first episodes of Super.

Like there was a certain charm to the guy sounding so chill while yelling at Goku for killing him and never reviving him.

Didn't he have like throat cancer? Like it was bad.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Yeah I know. Still think that despite all that the voice actor did a good job and the voice worked well with the character

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Momomo posted:

Chi Chi's husband is never home.

Sakura's husband tried to murder her at least twice and is never home.

I'm mean poo poo Goku has more legitimate reasons to be away than Sasuke does.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Aurora posted:

So you finished the good part. I mean I didn't really give up on Naruto anime until the end of the Sand village arc you're at, mostly because fillers really really sucked, but I stuck with the manga for good while longer.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

It's all pretty good :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
naruto is my favorite dragon ball character

• Locked thread