Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

qirex posted:

my work machine is an elitebook, it is bad and the corp image which disables all the function buttons and breaks audio makes it even worse

y'all have terrible people behind your imaging processes, I swear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

SO DEMANDING posted:

1366x768 screens

lol if these are being sold in tyool 2017

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

qirex posted:

my work machine is an elitebook, it is bad and the corp image which disables all the function buttons and breaks audio makes it even worse

my corporate image actually works :mrgw:

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
Like what kind of half-assed operation deploys an image that doesn't have a functioning audio driver?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
you don't need audio to get work done.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

preload that bad boy up with some muzak

speaking of new laptops, where can I get that yospos css that adds all the extra features?

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Silver Alicorn posted:

you don't need audio to get work done.

No GUI. Terminals only. Final Destination.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

Like what kind of half-assed operation deploys an image that doesn't have a functioning audio driver?

it will play audio out of the built-in speakers fine but if you plug in even headphones it says it needs a driver and adding drivers is admin-only so you get a bunch of UAC prompts

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

there are entire operating systems that do not support audio at all

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

qirex posted:

it will play audio out of the built-in speakers fine but if you plug in even headphones it says it needs a driver and adding drivers is admin-only so you get a bunch of UAC prompts

:lol:

Skim Milk posted:

there are entire operating systems that do not support audio at all

No poo poo, we're talking about laptops. Audio is a basic assumed function.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Silver Alicorn posted:

my corporate image actually works :mrgw:

we don't have a corporate image :smugmrgw:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

is there any laptop + dock combo that doesn't cause several apps to freeze when undocking? because lenovo hasn't found it yet

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

carry on then posted:

is there any laptop + dock combo that doesn't cause several apps to freeze when undocking? because lenovo hasn't found it yet

Haven't ever seen that. Is it a physical snap-in dock or a hosed up USB one?

If it's a snap-in dock there's chipset firmware you can upgrade on the laptop for that.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

swapped it out at the Microsoft store. take two

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Rex-Goliath posted:

swapped it out at the Microsoft store. take two

im predicting that this will be "number 2" in more than one way!

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

some people just have to learn the hard way

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

are you loving serious

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

I can't plug the wall cable into the power adapter. it literally doesn't fit. what the gently caress

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
:allears:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

I'm loving livid. how do you gently caress this up? I handed it to the bartender to make sure I wasn't going loving insane and he looked at me like I was insane. 'no seriously try to plug it in' he tries to plug it in and laughs and says it just straight up won't fit.

what the gently caress. who makes a defunct power adapter

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

taking this back tomorrow and not looking back. Jesus loving Christ

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Haven't ever seen that. Is it a physical snap-in dock or a hosed up USB one?

If it's a snap-in dock there's chipset firmware you can upgrade on the laptop for that.

it's a w540 and the 170w ultra dock, windows 7

i think the real reason is i have it in "always use the quadro for external displays" and half everything's ui is all hardware accelerated now and welp

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

I keep going back to it and trying to plug it in because my mind won't accept that it doesn't fit and what the gently caress

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

some people just have to learn the hard way

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

img-razer-falling-apart-like-:dice:.gif

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Rex-Goliath posted:

I'm loving livid. how do you gently caress this up? I handed it to the bartender to make sure I wasn't going loving insane and he looked at me like I was insane. 'no seriously try to plug it in' he tries to plug it in and laughs and says it just straight up won't fit.

what the gently caress. who makes a defunct power adapter

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
check this out op: http://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/yoga-book/

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
laptop? gently caress off. check this out OP: https://www.sentio.com/

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

I DONT WANT A LARGE FARVA I WANT A GOD drat LITER OF COLA

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
lmfao the windows yoga book is $500 haha iomagine spending 500 buckeroos on that useless POS. Godlmine. GOLDMINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ide buy a yoga book for $200, tops

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

I'm so pwned right now. just completely wreked

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

little bitch beetle nerd defeated by a god drat plug. how the gently caress. :cripes:

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe
just buy a mac's book

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

RISCy Business posted:

just buy a mac's book

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

necc0 quit you are laptop

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Rex-Goliath posted:

I'm so pwned right now. just completely wreked

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

this is some goon in a well poo poo

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Rex-Goliath posted:

I keep going back to it and trying to plug it in because my mind won't accept that it doesn't fit and what the gently caress

pics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
buy a mac after u take pics 4 us

• Locked thread