Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

binge crotching posted:

I'm actually hoping they add the option for authoritarian empires to convert. I want to be able to do a special project that forces my pops to become hive minds or leave.

Revoke the Privilegia (of thinking)

Also inb4 the egalitarian voice is swedish because of course it is.

The authoritarian voice better just be a trump impression tho.

Playstation 4 fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jul 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Splicer posted:

Unless I'm missing something we've only heard one line. If it's all history's greatest cliches then yeah, ugh, but unless there's more samples I missed we really don't have enough to jump to conclusions.

e: we don't even really have enough to extrapolate the bloodthirsty psycho assumption. Personally I'm hoping that reading's the bloodthirsting baseline but given the quote it could easily be peak bloodthirst.

Yeah, I too am hoping it isn't as bad as that one line, but consider: The devs apparently were proud enough of that line to use it in this preview video, so I fear that jump isn't as large as I would hope.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Playstation 4 posted:

We're going to build a wall around the sun. It is going to be the best wall, and the sun is going to pay for it. We'll be putting solar on the wall. So much solar. It will be the best wall.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Libluini posted:

Yeah, I too am hoping it isn't as bad as that one line, but consider: The devs apparently were proud enough of that line to use it in this preview video, so I fear that jump isn't as large as I would hope.
Cry Havok is such a staple though it may have just been the "well duh we're using that one". I hope, because I like the voice and I know my wife will too.

But I'll always have hivers so!

Psycho Landlord posted:

gently caress that's what Stellaris needs

Research accidents

Get on it Wiz/Mune
More research triggered events would be pretty cool tbh, including a few generic ones.

Language setting people on fire would be a bonus.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Splicer posted:

:same: I want to hear "Tile blocker ANNIHILATED" *several seconds of deranged cackling*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU94q9xoMr8

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Pyroi posted:

I really hope it's that over the top for doing everything, not just military things.

"BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!"

"TRADE TREATIES FOR THE TRADE THRONE!"

gently caress yes, now I want that Warhammer mod to be completed even more. I could see it making sense that the militarist AI is a bit bloodthirsty. It's not like it's going to take over the military, right? It's basically just an advisory cheerleader. Gotta keep them spirits high!

Maybe those are the fanatic versions though?

quote:

More research triggered events would be pretty cool tbh, including a few generic ones.

The community mod has a few neat ones. Including several that blend into existing ones. Having a science ship disappear from space and not know if they're secretly Unbidden infiltrators when they re-appear from the hell dimension they're from is a nice bit of paranoia fuel. It also gives you some incentive to not just accept them back.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Jul 14, 2017

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
The militarist advisor being bloodthirsty is fine in my opinion since that's the only ethic where it really fits (well, that or Xenophobe but the one they picked for xenophobe is really good as well) so it's good to have for variation. If you want calm and methodical then i'm 90% sure that the Authoritarian and Materialist advisors will fit that perfectly and you can switch freely apparently.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Libluini posted:

Someone evidently mistook Militarist to mean "crazed and bloodthirsty", holy poo poo!

Um, mistook?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Nosfereefer posted:

Um, mistook?

Well, evidently opinions differ! But eh, I can live with it. Nothing forces me to take Militarist as an ethic, after all. I can have a militarist nation without the game supplying me a written sign saying "militarist" on it, after all!

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Crazy voices are good. Does the VO come up for NPC empires, like in the diplo menu?

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Please make it happen when we phone up the angry xenophobic militarist bird they're peeping in rage.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Urgh. Just had a war in heaven. I got all of the warscore for my side. No exaggeration all of the warscore came from me. Once we won my fallen empire gave gently caress all. As soon as the war ended everyone else joined the unaligned federation and the game ended about two minutes later. So frustrating

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Last week I finished a loooong game for the Suffer not the Alien achievement (As a xenophobic Empire, purge all other sentient species from the galaxy) and as soon as the last droid was disassembled (they count as xenos too per the achievement it turns out) my xenophobe and militarist factions vaporized, leaving 50 or 60 pops out of almost 3000 split between the materialism and pacifism factions. Somehow the less than 1% of the population in the suppressed pacifist faction was now adequate to embrace pacifism, so that's what we did, earning the Peacekeeper achievement (As a pacifist Empire, have all other independent Empires be pacifist as well) :lol:

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

genericnick posted:

Crazy voices are good. Does the VO come up for NPC empires, like in the diplo menu?

Sounds like it just replaces the handful of situational barks:

'Tile Blocker Cleared'
'Enemy Fleet Spotted'

etc.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I'm fine with the militarist voice, though I think a better choice would have been the VA for Kaine from Nier.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

If Tim Curry is still alive have him do it.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Playstation 4 posted:

the devouring swarm voice should be the swedish chef from the muppets

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Is there some way to increase the odds of the End of the Cycle event? I've played a bunch of loong spiritualist games, but have yet to see it ever come up. It's not locked out by another crisis firing is it?

PS Paradox please allow us to toggle on/off specific crises, I would love to get something that isn't the Unbidden for once. I know the patch was supposed to make it better, but if you're making an effort to secure Jump Drives it's still the only one you really see.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

PittTheElder posted:

You guys are nuts, the militarists shouldn't be over the top primadonna types, they should be a cabal of professional officers constantly reminding you of assorted weapon gaps, and how you need to drastically increase military spending.

Uh, no, they should be Full Klingon. Give me Chancellor loving Gowron and his crazy motherfucking eyes and incomprehensible screaming line delivery!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGRbSaTSdQI&t=31s

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jul 14, 2017

MilkmanLuke
Jul 4, 2012

I'm da prettiest, so I'm da boss.

Baus is boss.

OwlFancier posted:

Uh, no, they should be Full Klingon. Give me Chancellor loving Gowron and his crazy motherfucking eyes and incomprehensible screaming line delivery!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGRbSaTSdQI&t=31s

EXPERIENCE BIJ!!!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

I want every single voice line for a Devouring Swarm to just be a barely-comprehensible alien throat screaming "EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT!"

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

OwlFancier posted:

Uh, no, they should be Full Klingon. Give me Chancellor loving Gowron and his crazy motherfucking eyes and incomprehensible screaming line delivery! Christopher Plummer spinning in his chair, cackling out Shakespeare.

https://youtu.be/_XvYq8i6_9o?t=4m54s

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
One thing people might not be realizing.

VO addon means that VO mods could exist. So you can have anything.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

PittTheElder posted:

Is there some way to increase the odds of the End of the Cycle event? I've played a bunch of loong spiritualist games, but have yet to see it ever come up. It's not locked out by another crisis firing is it?

No, it's not technically a crisis so it's not locked out by other crises. The opportunity to make a covenant just has a really low (around 2% IIRC) chance to come up with each time a Psionic Ascension empire (including an AI one) contacts the Shroud. I suppose you could mod the game to change that chance but aside from that it's just RNG.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

I remember asking this question earlier (it instantly got buried under unrelated replies), but would it be possible to let players selectively deactivate certain species portraits for galaxy generation? I'm always annoyed when I play humans and meet the various Star Trek humanoid aliens that got patched in some time ago, but they WOULD on the other hand make good choices for when I branch off a gene-modded subspecies. That way I could make sure the picture isn't already taken.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

IAmTheRad posted:

One thing people might not be realizing.

VO addon means that VO mods could exist. So you can have anything.

People will just make anime voice packs.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Hopefully someone just ports all the SOTS voices.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Kainser posted:

People will just make anime voice packs.

Why did you write this in future tense?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=699768748&searchtext=anime

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

Hopefully someone just ports all the SOTS voices.
We are coming, carbonites!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

...If someone made a mod that changes VIR's voice clips to sort of appropriate Leonard Nimoy in Civ quotes I'd probably play with it.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
As someone who fell in love with the Imperial Guard in the original Dawn of War, I believe absolutely everything should be shouted. "If you will not serve in combat, then you will serve on the firing line!" etc.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Gonna have to port in the Drive Me Closer line for attack order barks now

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Shugojin posted:

...If someone made a mod that changes VIR's voice clips to sort of appropriate Leonard Nimoy in Civ quotes I'd probably play with it.

"Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep."

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

It would be nice if fleets always had the emergency FTL option available. I was called in a defensive war with one of my allies against an empire that controlled the entire cooridor of the galaxy from core to rim. We won the war, and after I sent my fleet south a ways to clear out a system for an event, only for my defeated opponent to close their borders on me and strand my entire fleet. I wound up spending a few years sending them to find a leviathan in order to use the emergency FTL to get them back in my borders in the forsee able future.

MilkmanLuke
Jul 4, 2012

I'm da prettiest, so I'm da boss.

Baus is boss.

turn off the TV posted:

It would be nice if fleets always had the emergency FTL option available. I was called in a defensive war with one of my allies against an empire that controlled the entire cooridor of the galaxy from core to rim. We won the war, and after I sent my fleet south a ways to clear out a system for an event, only for my defeated opponent to close their borders on me and strand my entire fleet. I wound up spending a few years sending them to find a leviathan in order to use the emergency FTL to get them back in my borders in the forsee able future.

As long as you don't have territory there, the return command will emergency jump you home.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

MilkmanLuke posted:

As long as you don't have territory there, the return command will emergency jump you home.

Oh, for real? I tried hitting the fleet order buttons to repair and upgrade, but must have missed that one.

Well, mystery solved I guess. On the bright side I ended up dumping the funds I was saving for a science nexus into a second fleet, so I guess when these wayward chucklefucks get back I'll have the galaxy's premier doomstack.

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jul 15, 2017

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I'm looking forward to the sound stuff. Anything that improves immersion is good. :shobon:

Nosfereefer posted:

As someone who fell in love with the Imperial Guard in the original Dawn of War, I believe absolutely everything should be shouted. "If you will not serve in combat, then you will serve on the firing line!" etc.
By my light, we shall purge this wretched, tainted land! Unbelievers...MUST....DIIIIIEEE!!!

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

GenericOverusedName posted:

Please make it happen when we phone up the angry xenophobic militarist bird they're peeping in rage.

It's just angry birds sfx on shuffle

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I just recently got this game (steam summer sale) and have been really enjoying it so far.

I'm trying to federate up the galaxy with my prosperity gospel slugs, but while everyone wants to have association status I've only got one actual member and we're both staring down the barrel of some space-bible bashing freaks, who just gobbled up the next best candidate for a member, so I want more loving members pronto.

Anyway I have some questions. About sectors. I put some planets in a sector and the governor does absolutely gently caress all about all the tile-blockers, even though I have the technology (to dredge up the seaweed with a net and a poolboy).

1. What gives?
2. What is actually needed for a sector to get on with the job of doing things... does the sector need a governor, as well as individual planets?
3. Is it even possible to see what a planet is doing / is planning to do / has done in a sector?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
I think sectors only get rid of tile blockers when they run out of unblocked room, so they won't get rid of them proactively. When you're in the planet/sector menu there's a little thought cloud thing next to the sector settings you can mouse over to see what the sector is building/trying to build next.

• Locked thread