Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Keru posted:

Brokebrains as gently caress. He just wanted to listen to some metal. :smith:
So in the infamous "No you shut the gently caress up dad" episode there's like a minute of dead air where kuuenbu muted the feed. Someone extracted that one area and turned up the gain far enough that we could hear what was going on.

Kuuenbu went absolutely ballistic on his dad, it's frightening to listen to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

His dad was probably so protective of his special son that he stood there and took it too

I'm 32 years old and if I started yelling profanities at my dad he both could and would beat the poo poo out of me

Pulchritudinous
May 19, 2005
It means "to reduce by one-tenth."

syscall girl posted:

Tony Danzas Ho just had a namechange :ssh:

I'm not sure how well it holds up now (or how funny it actually was), but her drawing of GE Cafe's butt falling out story always made me laugh.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Jose posted:

avshalom having a big meltdown and getting permabanned because these forums are boring now reregging constantly since is a bit weird
At least her re-regs are entertaining, unlike Gurf's.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Kelp Me! posted:

His dad was probably so protective of his special son that he stood there and took it too

I'm 32 years old and if I started yelling profanities at my dad he both could and would beat the poo poo out of me

What a pussy if you didn't engage your father in hand to hand combat at the age of 16 over who mows the lawn and won --- he'll never respect you.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

CannonFodder posted:

So in the infamous "No you shut the gently caress up dad" episode there's like a minute of dead air where kuuenbu muted the feed. Someone extracted that one area and turned up the gain far enough that we could hear what was going on.

Honestly, a part of me feels real bad for Kuuenbu, because he never stood a real chance, inbetween his parents a) divorcing then getting back together, b)them opting for 'swaddle the precious, what if they get hurt' and, primarily really, c) industrial goddamn strength autism. There's a lot of gbs-fm regulars, admins and mods that tried to help him over the years, but ultimately it was all for nothing because we're not really the people he'd listen to, or we're drowned out by all the other poo poo around him.

His dad in that voiceclip is the sole voice of reason, I know for a fact a LOT of goons in chat were egging his meltdown on by either purposefully voting his show down or talking to him in IRC to make him freakout harder. I don't think I ever did poo poo like that, but it's something like 12 years ago at this point, I just hope I wasn't that kind of a shithead to someone who really only needed friends and social connections to level out.

This is kindof beside this point, but Kuuenbu doesn't have an indoor voice, regardless of how many times people have told him he doesn't really need to talk at full volume at all times on VOIP or during call-ins to other DJ shows, it just never made it into his skull that what he wants to talk about, at full volume, isn't the same as what's currently in discussion.

Edit: it's a constant battle between 'I could've done more for him' and 'Theres really nothing I could have done, realistically' is what I'm saying.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

purple death ray posted:

Who was the goon with like a crater in his chest? I remember a guy, I think he posted in hell dump, who had a genetic condition or maybe he was in an accident, but he had a sunken part on his chest. He was a good sport about it and people used to make jokes about him eating cereal out of it.

not sure of their SA name but that was a guy from goonfleet in EVE called Furnok Dorn.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

CannonFodder posted:

He didn't mute it. His dad cut off his feed. That's how I interpreted it anyway.

Keru posted:

Honestly, a part of me feels real bad for Kuuenbu, because he never stood a real chance,

I suppose but he didn't do himself any favors putting it all out there like he did and as far as I can tell he never really took any strides to fix anything that was wrong with him and, worse, seemed to take on a bit of an arrogant attitude everywhere he posted. I wasn't around for everything that led up to his callout thread and only registered once I started reading it, but I won't lie. It was fascinating to witness.

I get what you're saying about kind of feeling bad for the guy but then again, 10 years later, it seems like he's still in that same motherfucking basement going on about metal and, worse, pretending to be smarter than everyone else - at least from what I've been able to glean with just a bit of mild, cursory research.

Could be a case of me just finding someone way more hosed up than me and a roundabout route towards self validation (re: at least I'm NOT that hosed up). God knows I have my own issues I'd never want my entire life history or my search engine terms posted everywhere willy nilly but Wes seemed to do it voluntarily. It was like a cry for help but he wouldn't accept any that was offered.

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Man it's been while and I'm probably repeating poo poo but:
-SomethingAwful vs. Ebaumsworld for stealing content or some dumb poo poo
-super ornery mods resulting in one well deserved prob for me and one for making fun of goons. I remember being afraid to post for awhile
-actual good photoshop phriday postings
-Tuyop's bwm saga that actually had a good ending
-Slow Trains amazing slow train wreck thread in BFC
-taking part in the weirdest thing by getting in on Second Life safaris and becoming a ham person (in game) then helping by turning Baku into a Zelda themed play land.

I've been doing these dead gay forums for too long I can't even remember everything that's gone down.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Higgy posted:

Oh I remember that. SA responded by putting increasingly larger and more intrusive watermarks that took up like a quarter of the image.

I called Ebaum a fag over AIM. It was a simpler time.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Higgy posted:

-super ornery mods resulting in one well deserved prob for me and one for making fun of goons. I remember being afraid to post for awhile
-actual good photoshop phriday postings
-Tuyop's bwm saga that actually had a good ending
-Slow Trains amazing slow train wreck thread in BFC
-taking part in the weirdest thing by getting in on Second Life safaris and becoming a ham person (in game) then helping by turning Baku into a Zelda themed play land.

I've been doing these dead gay forums for too long I can't even remember everything that's gone down.

Wanna know more about slow trains

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
There was like this whole "coalition" between SA, 4chan, fark etc. To ddos ebaum. poo poo was weird.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
There was an animated music video about how hard SA was gonna own ebaum`s or something. poo poo was magical.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

sunken fleet posted:

There was an animated music video about how hard SA was gonna own ebaum`s or something. poo poo was magical.

Oh my god you made me remember that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BijChf8ROJU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Oh my God, I haven't seen this since the year I registered. I'd bring it up once in a while to see if anyone else remembered it, but no one ever did.

Bless you, goon.

So that's the step mom and presumably the goon in the background, taking the picture? Hahaha, what the gently caress. What situation would even have to occur for that scenario to take place?

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Holy poo poo that's some nostalgia.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

I remember there was also drama about the image of Zeus (from the Disney move). Since the point of the song was against piracy but also "stole" Disney's work.

So this is the updated version that adds the Disney copyright as a compromise where the original didn't have that.

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Wanna know more about slow trains

Slow Motion. The whole thing was a trainwreck I just conflate the two. :cripes:

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

sunken fleet posted:

Yeah they got owned hard.

Wikipedia posted:

The site was owned by Eric "eBaum" Bauman and co-owned by Bauman's secretary and father, Neil. They sold the site to ZVUE Corporation in August 2008 for $15 million cash and $2.5 million in stock, with further payouts upon performance.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Lagomorphic posted:

Yeah they got owned hard.

Quitters. :rolleyes: :smithicide:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Well at least lowtax didnt sell out and now look at him!

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzCMHFNt7pw
I stumbled upon this again

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

RagnarokAngel posted:

Well at least lowtax didnt sell out and now look at him!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Thanks for reminding me of those text-to-movie videos on YouTube. Here's one acting out Ferretball's "rape is sometimes justified" post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubbbNj0ZpA4

I don't know if this was a post, but it's called "Welcome to LF" and it's funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux3IPRGK6F8

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The dance really makes that video

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Keru posted:

Kuuenbu once decided that a poo poo he took looked a lot like a phoenix and decided that needed to be photographic evidence and decided to share that with the gbs-fm IRC.

Oh is that why there is/was the "no poop talk" rule?

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

The goldmined fyad thread "Post Your Fav TCC Moment" is loaded with great goon sagas, like the 2-yo at the crack party and the time some goons GF took all his joose and was in a coma for a few days, but he refused to take her to a hospital because he was also watching a football game. And its from 5 years ago so misses some good ones

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Permanently banned from the Alamo
So, I might regret asking this but what happened to forums user Pick? I saw a few people in GBS and a few other boards saying that they "missed her already" or stuff like that, and heard there was some kind of meltdown. What happened?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
All I can muster about pick is an emphatic "who cares"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

UWBW posted:

So, I might regret asking this but what happened to forums user Pick? I saw a few people in GBS and a few other boards saying that they "missed her already" or stuff like that, and heard there was some kind of meltdown. What happened?

Nothing. Like literally nothing. She's already back talking about herself in every thread again.

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Permanently banned from the Alamo

Solice Kirsk posted:

Nothing. Like literally nothing. She's already back talking about herself in every thread again.

Well gently caress, that was disappointing.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

UWBW posted:

She briefly left and came back pretty quickly

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

purple death ray posted:

She briefly left and came back pretty quickly

Too bad attention whores never leave willingly

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Glenn Quebec posted:

All I can muster about pick is an emphatic "who cares"

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Pick is either extremely funny or alarmingly broke brained depending on how much of her gimmick is exaggerated

I thought I knew how it broke down but I'm not sure anymore

putrid aidsman
Apr 13, 2017

by Lowtax

get that OUT of my face posted:

Thanks for reminding me of those text-to-movie videos on YouTube. Here's one acting out Ferretball's "rape is sometimes justified" post.

This one was far ahead of its time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hq2rOEwnIU

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

purple death ray posted:

how much of her gimmick is exaggerated

I thought I knew how it broke down but I'm not sure anymore

Now? None of it. It was before her huffy leaving, but after the return you can tell a difference and it's all poo poo. It's sad.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Higgy posted:

Slow Motion. The whole thing was a trainwreck I just conflate the two. :cripes:

He was the BFC guy who was in a crippling amlint of debt and didn't give a poo poo right

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Oh is that why there is/was the "no poop talk" rule?

I would love to say that was the only reason, but I'd be lying. It's a big reason for it, but there have been an alarming amount of Bristol Stool Chart discussions over the years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Higgy posted:

I had some fun with W-Hat; I remember a time when someone built a hideously tacky white-and-pink love motel/ridiculous fake world dating service building, right up against Baku, so we spent a day making parodies of it across the street

The got mad and called in the Lindens who were split between "that sucks but its their land" and "lol that's awesome and its their land"

I was lazy and made a tiny masturbation shack in the same style and for a couple hours we were all gliding around doing wanking animations, good times