Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
If anyone owns a house in the Mists, either plot 4 or 6 or subdivision 34 or 36, and is looking to dump it for a Shirogane house can you contact me in game? I'd like to grab one of those lots, I can't give you gil in exchange but I'm 70 in all crafts and I'll gladly lend a hand in crafting furniture for your new place as thanks for letting me get first dibs on the property. Lela Katra in game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hobbesmaster posted:

Piling bardam's to the first boss however is just annoying.

Depends, do you have some healer food, eye for and eye up, 9 lustrates ready to go, and selene hanging out?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I did my first siren song yesterday tanking and let me tell you, if things continue the way they do I dont know if I would bother doing multipulls. The summoner was content with dropping the ground targeted aoe and the red mage forgot they had aoe in the first place for 3/4 of the dungeon.

Throne of Bhalz
Dec 11, 2003

Anyone have a current guide to SCH? I've cleared Omega with some ease, and I'm starting to do EX Primals. Although my fight mechanics are sound, my numbers aren't where they should be, I think.

Specifically, I'm thinking I need to consult some outside resources on how to better my game - specifically on learning to take manual control of Eos. It seems daunting, but I want to read up before I make further judgments.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Toshimo posted:

My rule of thumb is that if you don't care for something another player is doing, you communicate to them like an adult instead of being a giant manbaby. It's had a pretty good success rate.

Speaking as a tank I have a 100% success rate at controlling the rest of the party's actions by just typing something quick into party chat between pulls. "This is a double pull", "This guy is a single, then doubling the next two", "pulling up to (x)". I don't think I've ever gotten a complaint about it, so far everyone I'm with seems to trust that I know what I'm doing (even if it's singles), as long as I tell them what I'm doing in advance.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I did my first siren song yesterday tanking and let me tell you, if things continue the way they do I dont know if I would bother doing multipulls. The summoner was content with dropping the ground targeted aoe and the red mage forgot they had aoe in the first place for 3/4 of the dungeon.

Going into a dungeon with people I don't know I spend the first minute checking levels (if it's sub-70) and then gear. Based on the above and the dungeon I'm on I do either a single or double pull at the start to test them out. If it goes well, I pull big. If it's a shitshow, I pull singles. And same deal I'll always end that pull by typing something like "well that went well I'll pull big" or "that was rough, I'll stick to singles" and it more or less keeps everyone behaving. You sort of intuit how well a pack goes based more on how fast it dies over how low your hp gets - because a good group will have the healer contributing as well.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Throne of Bhalz posted:

Anyone have a current guide to SCH? I've cleared Omega with some ease, and I'm starting to do EX Primals. Although my fight mechanics are sound, my numbers aren't where they should be, I think.

Specifically, I'm thinking I need to consult some outside resources on how to better my game - specifically on learning to take manual control of Eos. It seems daunting, but I want to read up before I make further judgments.

You can bind keys to the pet hotbars. The trouble is training yourself to remember that you're now in charge of those spells, too. Something like Advanced Combat Tracker's Special Spell Timers would be very helpful to alert you when those spells come off cooldown.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Any eurogoons on the EU datacenter want to join a raid static for omega savage and various ex primals? We raid at 18 UTC / 19 BST / 20 ETC / 21 EEST on Mondays and Thursdays. We need 2 dps, preferably one melee but everythings welcome

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Meiteron posted:

Speaking as a tank I have a 100% success rate at controlling the rest of the party's actions by just typing something quick into party chat between pulls. "This is a double pull", "This guy is a single, then doubling the next two", "pulling up to (x)". I don't think I've ever gotten a complaint about it, so far everyone I'm with seems to trust that I know what I'm doing (even if it's singles), as long as I tell them what I'm doing in advance.

Going into a dungeon with people I don't know I spend the first minute checking levels (if it's sub-70) and then gear. Based on the above and the dungeon I'm on I do either a single or double pull at the start to test them out. If it goes well, I pull big. If it's a shitshow, I pull singles. And same deal I'll always end that pull by typing something like "well that went well I'll pull big" or "that was rough, I'll stick to singles" and it more or less keeps everyone behaving. You sort of intuit how well a pack goes based more on how fast it dies over how low your hp gets - because a good group will have the healer contributing as well.

This seems like a lot of work, lol.

I normally just pull what I've determined to be good groupings and 99% of the time no one ever says anything. Sometimes someone will request we do bigger pulls (or they say something at the start), and it's super rare I ever get anyone pulling things because I don't. If they do pull things, depending on the situation I'll either grab it because it's not a big deal, or I let them get killed.

The current EXDR dungeons hit fairly hard for our current ilvl (especially since you're getting fresh 70s in there often) so I don't string together too many pulls these days. Same goes for leveling dungeons, since you can never outgear them, I generally keep it to single pulls or maybe grouping 2 smaller pulls. I've yet to have anyone complain and we still finish things quickly. Once we get the new tome gear on Tuesday and our ilvls start rising above the dungeons I'll start doing more grouped pulls.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SettingSun posted:

Let's talk healing for a sec. I'm dabbling in SCH as I level SMN so I can get some sweet queue times. I normally tank so this is a big departure for me, as well as being pretty intimidating. There are some times (especially in newer dungeons) where I feel like I simply can't keep up with the healing when the tank pulls more than one mob. I blow all my aetherflow and I'm stuck desperately casting physick. What's the general rotation for SCH, or more to the point, how does one manage bigger pulls when doing the newer content?

General tips:

Remember that, at the end of the day, a Scholar is not going to be able to do everything by themselves. If a tank is doing big pulls but not hitting defensive cooldowns you are just probably not going to be able to keep them alive. This will happen more often than you think and there's minimal you can do about it.

Your shields are a lot more powerful than you think. Just because a tank is low on HP doesn't mean they're about to die. You have some breathing room to use other abilities. Do not overcast shields if you can avoid it. Once you get a feel for how shields last this becomes a lot easier but it is poorly communicated.

*Manually control Eos.* This is super-important. Do not underestimate Eos. Using Rouse + the AoE heal is absolutely essential to getting the most healing out of your Scholar. Eos should never ever be on anything but Obey and you should really be treating her skills like your own cooldowns. (On a similar note: use Eos over Selene unless you're incredibly confident in your co-healer because you're leaving an absurd amount of healing on the table.)

Aetherflow stacks should be used pretty regularly but primarily on Lustrate and on your tank. The rest can be situational but it depends a lot. You don't want to blow them mindlessly. That said don't horde them either. Beyond a certain point you WANT to spend them because otherwise you're losing out. Having 9 Aetherflow stacks on standby can be super nice mind you so it's something you need to get a feel for. Aetherpact tries to encourage you to spend points more readily and you are leaving some healing on the table by not doing that but Aetherpact also is a little awkward at the moment so you need to find your comfort zone.

If your Fairy's abilities are on cooldown and you're low on Aether stacks, remember Dissipation. It isn't worth using every single time but gaining an extra 3 Lustrates can be the difference between success and failure. Just consider the fact that you'll need to resummon your fairy afterwards and you'll be losing Aetherpact and Embrace for the duration. Also remember Swiftcast works on Summon and should be used if you need to get your fairy back up quickly. While it's worth saving Swiftcast for Res in some situations if a pull goes badly res isn't going to save it in most situations. (On a similar note: don't forget Swiftcast for regular healing spells! Again, situational but a swiftcasted Adlo that saves the Tank is better than a swiftcast Res that revives the tank.)

A lot of it is just getting a feel for your various mitigation tools and knowing when to use them. You'll probably be skirting the edge of health sometimes but Scholar encourages that with big beefy bonus crit-Aldo. Just remember that those big beefy shields give a LOT of effective health.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
This discussion is why I rerolled from tank :(

You people urging me to join a FC, is it worth it even to join a random one for leveling? I'm guessing you get some passive bonuses. If I'm gonna play this game again I think I'd want to transfer to an European server, so no (re)joining the goon guild unless there's space on the new server goons fled to (still wanna know why I'm "too late" for that migration)

I.. . I just wanna play with the cool new jobs :negative:

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Throne of Bhalz posted:

Hey scholarchat, I'll :effort:post.

Eos control pretty much amounts to "Figure out where to have the drat fairy stay (Middle of the arena for Lakshmi EX, no issue just tagging along behind you for all other current content so far, including Susano), and keep on "Obey".

Keep in mind that because the fairy will still single target heal, you want to start hitting your AOEs right as the single target GCD is coming up. If you just click it once, your fairy will have a fairly vague idea of when it should do things. (Click once, and enjoy the Whispering Dawn going off after Ukehi has long passed, for instance).

Generally what works for me is knowing the fight and starting to yell at Eos to start doing things about 5 seconds before the ability will hit. Like, Ukehi has just started the cast bar, and I'm already spamming whispering dawn. Goes off a second early? Not a problem, we need that mitigation.

Whispering dawn: Raidwide AOE DOT heal. Meh. Use it, your AOE healing is really limited anyway.

Fey Covenant: Situationally useful extra mitigation.

Fey Illumination: Use in conjunction with whispering (and rouse) to pump out some disgusting healing numbers, or as an "oh poo poo" button when you need the fairy to heal tank harder.

It's been mentioned before, but SCH really shines when paired with an AST or WHM. DoubleSCH on susano EX for instance is an exercise in pain and frustration worse than double-AST cardgames.

Oh you want to know about DPS on SCH? Uhh... Chain Stratagem should be on cooldown pretty much always (again, know the fight and know when there's an effective time to pop it. Susano EX for in most groups for me is opener -> second sword -> as much as I can last phase. )

Otherwise, throw a dot here or there, weave in a broil/broil II as you feel more comfortable with the fight and when you know when the damage is coming. Try not to overheal. If you're healing Ex endgame content for the first time, DPS if you can, but don't make it a priority. This isn't a levelsynced Titan HM where you can just semi-afk. While an extra howevermany DPS from you is good, it's not as good as the 2-4k out of an actual live DPS and/or Tank. And if your DPS isn't pushing out numbers your numbers won't really matter in the long run.

If you're comfortable with content/your group, Eos stays at home, and a Sicced selene comes out. For the record I do this for Deltascape 1, 2, and 4.

None of this probably applies if you're an actual engame raider though. I just pug this poo poo.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Fey Union/Aetherpact is so loving bad lol

Kobata
Oct 11, 2012

Your Computer posted:

(still wanna know why I'm "too late" for that migration)

The EU goon group is on the first of the two new EU servers to open (Omega), where SE was offering free transfers and bonuses for making new characters.

Enough people in general switched -- probably a significant amount of the EU players previously still on NA servers after the NA stuff got moved to California -- that they opened a second new server, and then disabled transfers to the first one entirely. You can still make a new character and get the new character bonuses, but transfers are out. I do believe the free transfer and transfer bonus is still in effect to the second new server, however.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Minrad posted:

Fey Union/Aetherpact is so loving bad lol

v0v Hey look the main tank is no longer taking any damage while I can res the dumbass redmage who won't even feed me mana.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Your Computer posted:

This discussion is why I rerolled from tank :(

You people urging me to join a FC, is it worth it even to join a random one for leveling? I'm guessing you get some passive bonuses. If I'm gonna play this game again I think I'd want to transfer to an European server, so no (re)joining the goon guild unless there's space on the new server goons fled to (still wanna know why I'm "too late" for that migration)

I.. . I just wanna play with the cool new jobs :negative:

"Too late" means that you missed your opportunity to switch servers while transfers were free, so now you can still switch but it'll cost you real human currency.

edit:

Kobata posted:

You can still make a new character and get the new character bonuses, but transfers are out.

Oh... well rip I guess.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I don't think I've ever seen a dps or healer pull stuff on their own. Everything else aside I'd much rather have a smooth run than a fast run.

That's really all I have to say about that.

I've been leveling black mage again from 60, now 65, and it's a lot of fun. Far easier to manage than I thought it would be (I didn't BLM much at 60). I feel like an engine of destruction when I get into the groove, and the biggest idiot on earth when I gently caress that up because unlike loving up a mudra my dps comes to a screeching halt if I drop enochian without realizing it or cast the wrong thing because muscle memory isn't there yet and whoops now I have no mp and no umbral or astral anything. That happens more often than I'd like.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kobata posted:

The EU goon group is on the first of the two new EU servers to open (Omega), where SE was offering free transfers and bonuses for making new characters.

Enough people in general switched -- probably a significant amount of the EU players previously still on NA servers after the NA stuff got moved to California -- that they opened a second new server, and then disabled transfers to the first one entirely. You can still make a new character and get the new character bonuses, but transfers are out. I do believe the free transfer and transfer bonus is still in effect to the second new server, however.

Oh man, free transfers? Why didn't I learn about this sooner :(

If the other server still has free transfers, where do I find out about it and what do I do to get it? It would be nice to play with goons but :rip: that idea if I have to create a new character since it already took me months just to get to 40.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Leal posted:

If anyone owns a house in the Mists, either plot 4 or 6 or subdivision 34 or 36, and is looking to dump it for a Shirogane house can you contact me in game? I'd like to grab one of those lots, I can't give you gil in exchange but I'm 70 in all crafts and I'll gladly lend a hand in crafting furniture for your new place as thanks for letting me get first dibs on the property. Lela Katra in game.

I'll be (hopefully) moving to Shirogane and my mists house is in one of those plots (I think).

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Just unlocked SAM and poked around on it a bit on a dummy plus the level 50 quest.

It'll possibly change later, but for AoE trash would you want to get the 10% speed and damage buffs up before doing AoE or is the time taken STing those combos gonna cost damage?

I guess if there isn't a boss soon you could use Meikyo Shisui to apply the buffs quicker.

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013
Just the damage. You'll usually run out of TP anyway, so doing it faster isn't much use.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
I've been meaning to ask... how much of this story stuff is original to the game, and how much was added/changed for ARR? Like, I kind of assumed "the Calamity" & the anonymous Warriors of Light was meant to be an in-game way of acknowledging all the stuff that changed from the 1.0 version (ala WoW's Cataclysm), but not being familiar with the original I'm starting to wonder. Is all the story stuff basically the same as it was from the beginning?

Still enjoying, early game is definitely pretty slow (which is not helped by the fact that I apparently just cannot resist the temptation to dick around in side classes when I'm already pretty committed to Pugilist... to say nothing of crafting/gathering professions!).

quote:

High level sam play is all about gauge management. You want to be dumping kenki into shinten but you also need to have enough kenki to kaiten your midare's and huge bananas, you want to keep some around to yaten/gyoten as needed, and you need to keep below or above certain thresholds depending on if hagakure or guren are about to be up.

Can I just say, I genuinely appreciate how loving incomprehensible it is to read you guys' discussions of high-level play. I'm being geniune here, it makes me really excited to get to the point where classes have interesting decisions to make on a rotation-by-rotation basis. (Same's true for all the class discussions, I just picked a SAM quote for bonus incomprehensibility with all the gratuitious-Japanese names ;) )

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

OWLS! posted:

v0v Hey look the main tank is no longer taking any damage while I can res the dumbass redmage who won't even feed me mana.

in practice it heals the tank once then they need to move for a gimmick and your fairy stands there doing nothing until you manually disable the ability

I feel like it would at least not be obnoxious to use if it only disabled embrace, and not all fairy abilities.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Ghost of Starman posted:

I've been meaning to ask... how much of this story stuff is original to the game, and how much was added/changed for ARR? Like, I kind of assumed "the Calamity" & the anonymous Warriors of Light was meant to be an in-game way of acknowledging all the stuff that changed from the 1.0 version (ala WoW's Cataclysm), but not being familiar with the original I'm starting to wonder. Is all the story stuff basically the same as it was from the beginning?

Still enjoying, early game is definitely pretty slow (which is not helped by the fact that I apparently just cannot resist the temptation to dick around in side classes when I'm already pretty committed to Pugilist... to say nothing of crafting/gathering professions!).

Can I just say, I genuinely appreciate how loving incomprehensible it is to read you guys' discussions of high-level play. I'm being geniune here, it makes me really excited to get to the point where classes have interesting decisions to make on a rotation-by-rotation basis. (Same's true for all the class discussions, I just picked a SAM quote for bonus incomprehensibility with all the gratuitious-Japanese names ;) )

2.0 is 5 in game years after 1.All the stuff that happened in 1.0 is still canon. Watch it on YouTube of you are interested..

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ghost of Starman posted:

The story stuff is, more or less, the same from the beginning. Everything that happened in 1.0 is canon and you'll run into a lot of references to it. Obviously things got mildly retconned but they've tried to keep as much as they could.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

UHD posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a dps or healer pull stuff on their own. Everything else aside I'd much rather have a smooth run than a fast run.

That's really all I have to say about that.

I've been leveling black mage again from 60, now 65, and it's a lot of fun. Far easier to manage than I thought it would be (I didn't BLM much at 60). I feel like an engine of destruction when I get into the groove, and the biggest idiot on earth when I gently caress that up because unlike loving up a mudra my dps comes to a screeching halt if I drop enochian without realizing it or cast the wrong thing because muscle memory isn't there yet and whoops now I have no mp and no umbral or astral anything. That happens more often than I'd like.

I think the only time I've seen DPS/healers pull stuff on their own is when I was first starting out as a babby tank learning the ropes in sastasha or something, and people would get impatient and run ahead. And also one chucklefuck in a DD run who was purposely trolling by running ahead and pulling all the packs and dying (we booted him as soon as the game let us)

And yeah I'm kind of tempted to get back into BLM with the new changes. I didn't like it in 3.0 because juggling enochian AND astral/umbral buffs was TOO MUCH MAN, but making enochian a thing that just lasts forever as long as you don't drop astral/umbral solves that issue for me, personally. And the move that lets you immediately teleport back to your ley lines is a nice touch, too.

That said, I already have a dps at 70 and still want to get a healer & tank leveled up, so the idea of grinding another dps from 60-70 is just not appealing right now.

Ghost of Starman posted:

Man, I play samurai and I still don't know what people are saying when they describe the moves in words.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Your Computer posted:

Oh man, free transfers? Why didn't I learn about this sooner :(

If the other server still has free transfers, where do I find out about it and what do I do to get it? It would be nice to play with goons but :rip: that idea if I have to create a new character since it already took me months just to get to 40.

It should be Louisoix and you transfer there by logging into mog station and trying to transfer as usual, when the price tag comes up it should say 0.00 instead.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

But...like.... there probably won't be many goons on there fyi.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
What causes the wildfire spike in Retainer Fantasia prices? I see it every so often (it's always when I actually feel like going to buy one, of course), but it happens in factors of 10.

I guess the most recent one would just be the general population bump, but going from 4k to 70k in a week or so seems wild for what is ostensibly not the most uncommon item from quick ventures?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Ghost of Starman posted:

All story quests you are doing are original to 2.0, there is no leftover 1.0 content save for two dungeons later on.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The lingo is obtuse and the resources around the game leave a lot to be desired (there are basically 3 or 4 half completed wikis) and one of the main knowledge dumps is Reddit.

That said, high end stuff is high end stuff, but half of the lingo is just synonyms for stuff that you'd find in other games (dailies and leves, guilds and free companies, chat rooms and linkshells, etc).

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Aquapolis 2 looks to be more of the same, but with some new gimmick coming in 4.1?

Apparently there's Rowena's new outfit and catfish minion to get in there, among other things. Can't wait to get screwed by RNG.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Rainuwastaken posted:

Aquapolis 2 looks to be more of the same, but with some new gimmick coming in 4.1?

Apparently there's Rowena's new outfit and catfish minion to get in there, among other things. Can't wait to get screwed by RNG.

More of the same is good with me, Aquapolis is some of my favorite content to do with my friends. I seriously can't wait for The Lost Canals of whatever

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Xun posted:

It should be Louisoix and you transfer there by logging into mog station and trying to transfer as usual, when the price tag comes up it should say 0.00 instead.

Ah, thanks!

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

But...like.... there probably won't be many goons on there fyi.

Yeah... :rip: Goons are always great to play with, but having a 250+ ping is just not fun. It's a shame I missed that transfer to Omega though.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Rainuwastaken posted:

:swoon:

The lil catfish dudes were my favourite part of SB.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

OWLS! posted:

If as a healer you aren't telling your tank "Pull until you find a door" then I just don't know what to say.

(Three pulling Castrum Abania and Ala Mhigo is fun, ok?)

and then your dps dont aoe and you go oom an the tank runs out of cd's and you wipe. the end.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Your Computer posted:

Yeah... :rip: Goons are always great to play with, but having a 250+ ping is just not fun. It's a shame I missed that transfer to Omega though.

Any content you can queue for can be done cross-server as far as I know, so you can still play with goons. It'll just be slightly more of a hassle.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Hey tank chat, just have a question about when it's good to drop into DPS stance while tanking. Back in HW I would play Warrior and drop into Deliverance all the time. Defiance doesn't have the damage received reduction and the extra DPS meant I could bloodthirst crowds and keep my health full on big pulls. I've swapped to Paladin for Stormblood but I'm finding myself cautious about dropping Shield Stance while doing big pulls because of losing out on that 20% damage received reduction; trash can have some serious damage in big packs, after all.

Bosses aren't a problem. I start in Shield, do my threat line once and go back to Sword/DPS lines. I can't see myself losing threat, and I'm thinking I may not need Shield to start. I'm worried that I won't have that initial threat burst to keep ahead of DPS while they unload their openers. Am I being over cautious in these situations?

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

cheetah7071 posted:

If I'm a summoner paired with a blm I would gladly give them mp if they had a macro saying "mana shift me now so I can flare more"
:same: whether I'm Summoner, Red Mage or even another Black Mage.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

i am tim! posted:

Hey tank chat, just have a question about when it's good to drop into DPS stance while tanking. Back in HW I would play Warrior and drop into Deliverance all the time. Defiance doesn't have the damage received reduction and the extra DPS meant I could bloodthirst crowds and keep my health full on big pulls. I've swapped to Paladin for Stormblood but I'm finding myself cautious about dropping Shield Stance while doing big pulls because of losing out on that 20% damage received reduction; trash can have some serious damage in big packs, after all.

Bosses aren't a problem. I start in Shield, do my threat line once and go back to Sword/DPS lines. I can't see myself losing threat, and I'm thinking I may not need Shield to start. I'm worried that I won't have that initial threat burst to keep ahead of DPS while they unload their openers. Am I being over cautious in these situations?

I don't drop shield when doing trash packs unless its 1-3 mobs. I keep shield on for my halone at the start then never go back in unless half the raid is dead. You should be fine what you're doing. I've also parsed at 94% on Lakmishi as a pld doing this process. And 80% on susan because my group doesn't have the tanks dps the sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I have yet to try Aquapolis. I thought it was more of a gatherer thing?