Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
http://www.myajc.com/sports/college/paul-johnson-scheduling-complaints-lead-acc-rules-change/pLg2pHxtj5HjwcpqyNHx4I/

The ACC's approved a scheduling change that limits each team to having at most one conference opponent per season coming off of a bye week while not rested themselves. Thank God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Speaking of which, kudos to Wake Forest for the Worst Scheduled OOC Opponent Ever:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

D.N. Nation posted:

Speaking of which, kudos to Wake Forest for the Worst Scheduled OOC Opponent Ever:

I'm surprised they don't play more often considering how close they are to each other

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/BellyoftheBeast/status/885577222014332928

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Auburn is actually one of the best teams in the country which is why when OU beat them in the sugar bowl last year it proved ou was the best team in the country

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Scarf posted:

I'm surprised they don't play more often considering how close they are to each other

Wake and App State played just about every year from 1980-2000. App won 6 of them

I found my way to highlights from Sanford's win over USC in 2007 and I found out Richard Sherman played some WR for that team. he got jacked up near the end.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

D.N. Nation posted:

I can see Wake playing at App State. This is also a reminder that Miami played at App State last year.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

swickles posted:

I can see Wake playing at App State. This is also a reminder that Miami played at App State last year.

I mean, who wouldn't want to go play a game at a stadium called Kidd Brewer Stadium? Pretty great name.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
App also isn't FCS anymore. They're 90 minutes away, it's a no-brainer scheduling move for Wake.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

If Florida rarely to never leaves the state for OOC games why should any NC school not do the same?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Games should be chosen randomly over four nights by one of those big machines they use to choose the powerball numbers.

You get all excited when they pick Florida and "@" but then get disappointed when your team has to go to New Mexico State.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Quandary posted:

Auburn is actually one of the best teams in the country which is why when OU beat them in the sugar bowl last year it proved ou was the best team in the country

Lol OU lost to a team that finished 6th in the American. So there must be 6 American teams better than OU last season.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

The Notorious ZSB posted:

If Florida rarely to never leaves the state for OOC games why should any NC school not do the same?

Bc our in-state opponents are football schools

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

D.N. Nation posted:

Yeah others already mentioned App being really close by for them.

Also holy poo poo what a brutal couple games for them before the bye week

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
If Wake was smart and realistic they'd see that as a whole month to prep for the TO.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

swickles posted:

We beat them so bad their color guard made up a complaint about a miami player pushing them even though there was no video evidence on any of the cameras in the stadium.

:getin:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Wake and App State played just about every year from 1980-2000. App won 6 of them

I found my way to highlights from Sanford's win over USC in 2007 and I found out Richard Sherman played some WR for that team. he got jacked up near the end.

Not even some, he was exclusively a wide receiver until either his junior or senior season

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
IS IT FOOTBALL YET

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amazing

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol at lsu kneeling on the one.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

SB Nation with the hard hitting journalism we all want and crave

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

lol at lsu kneeling on the one.

Some more LSU-related kneeling

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jimbo. :unsmith:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

this is great

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
What a loving cheater. Face your baldness and shave your head like a man, coward.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

So is SBNation the modern Polygon of football? Their best stuff seems to be batshit insane with a central tie-in of football. Sort of like the better parts of fivethirtyeight.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

https://twitter.com/DavidHaleESPN/status/885930686338682880

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

D.N. Nation posted:

and 2013 Auburn is the gold standard for Luckiest Team In Human History

Now hold on, did you forget about 2012 Notre Dame?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Jordanis posted:

Now hold on, did you forget about 2012 Notre Dame?

2007 LSU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Undefeated in regulation.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

When you think about the 2007 season as a whole and it's fuckery and how every single team was bad and just pushing their luck week-to-week then it's really no surprise Les Miles came out on top in the end.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Crotch Bat posted:

When you think about the 2007 season as a whole and it's fuckery and how every single team was bad and just pushing their luck week-to-week then it's really no surprise Les Miles came out on top in the end.

Tebow winning the Heisman with 3 losses and an unprecedented dual-threat explosion (amended bc he was awarded before Michigan gutted us in the bowl game). Those several weeks of #2 teams falling. Ohio State losing to an SEC team in the title game again.

Lots of reasons to love 2007.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

2007 hurts almost as much as 2012 does :smith:

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Herbstreit can suck infinite dicks forever because of how he changed his tune between 2007 and the loving terrible Alabama Lsu rematch year.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

vikingstrike posted:

Herbstreit can suck infinite dicks forever because of how he changed his tune between 2007 and the loving terrible Alabama Lsu rematch year.

It took ESPN all of one season to change their tune; when USC lost to Oregon State early in 2008, they were already making arguments midseason that the Trojans would deserve the BCSCG even if they didn't win the Pac-10.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

vikingstrike posted:

It was the 06 season where he went nuts pushing for Michigan - Ohio State title rematch because "I just know these are the best teams in the country."

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Watching replays of SEC media days and Finebaum is talking to Dan Mullen and Mullen has spent the entire time talking about how he shouldn't be compared to Urban Meyer.

Coach O is up next and I'm pretty stoked for it

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Watching replays of SEC media days and Finebaum is talking to Dan Mullen and Mullen has spent the entire time talking about how he shouldn't be compared to Urban Meyer.

Coach O is up next and I'm pretty stoked for it

Don't worry, Dan. You're in no danger of being compared to Urbz.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

LeeMajors posted:

It was the 06 season where he went nuts pushing for Michigan - Ohio State title rematch because "I just know these are the best teams in the country."

I forgot this too. What an rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

How dare someone try to drive ratings up.

Now let me tell you why Alabama is the best team ever and the SEC is the best. :ironicat:

• Locked thread