Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

2008 Obama ran as an outsider, so he probably could have won 2016

2012 Obama mostly won because Romney was completely incompetent tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Fallen Hamprince posted:

👏NATIONALIZE 👏 THE 👏COPS👏

yes, actually. you wouldnt believe what poo poo sheriff departments get away with

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Regardless of anything else you may think about Obama, you cannot claim he didn't take campaigning seriously, or that he didn't know how to keep things running out on the trail.

All of the campaigns his staff have worked on since 2012 have completely eaten poo poo

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

My Gourmet Hot Take is Obama would have done slightly better than hillary but still lost 2016

Lol he would have rolled to a victory on historic margins, man where do you get these ideas?

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Venom Snake posted:

My Gourmet Hot Take is Obama would have done slightly better than hillary but still lost 2016

It really depends on his senate record between 08 and 2016, that said he had charisma to make up for it and win.

Also the US would have 99% sure invaded Iran with either Clinton or McCain in power, and with the housing crisis it would probably be a lot more chaotic than it ended up being even without the explosion of far right groups aimed at Obama (and Clinton was still going to be a target, even if slightly less so).

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vox Nihili posted:

Lol he would have rolled to a victory on historic margins, man where do you get these ideas?

why would you expect a 20-year-old former hillary staffer to know turds from poo poo

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
The wikipedia article on Beto says his wife runs a charter school.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Venom Snake posted:

that is an extremely hot take

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

zeal posted:

why would you expect a 20-year-old former hillary staffer to know turds from poo poo

Someone, hand the lad the favorability numbers at least!!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Venom Snake posted:

All of the campaigns his staff have worked on since 2012 have completely eaten poo poo

He's not been personally invested in any of those races, which I'm just guessing here, but he probably would be if it was his own rear end on the line.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

loquacius posted:

2008 Obama ran as an outsider, so he probably could have won 2016

2012 Obama mostly won because Romney was completely incompetent tho

2016 Obama would be very dependent on his Iran war vote. That said he could probably still push the outsider thing even if slightly less so as a two term senator.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

papa horny michael posted:

The wikipedia article on Beto says his wife runs a charter school.

oh good, now the centrists will accept him

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Venom Snake posted:

I don't see how that's possible since the margin of victory in the key states couldn't even fill a football stadium

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Venom Snake posted:

this is not actually true though

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Agnosticnixie posted:

It really depends on his senate record between 08 and 2016, that said he had charisma to make up for it and win.

Also the US would have 99% sure invaded Iran with either Clinton or McCain in power, and with the housing crisis it would probably be a lot more chaotic than it ended up being even without the explosion of far right groups aimed at Obama (and Clinton was still going to be a target, even if slightly less so).

the main downside of the impending nuclear war is that it will rob me of the chance to smugly post "Hillary is the REAL war monger!"

I mean I guess I'll have like 15 minutes while the missiles fly

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
bahaha i was looking for an old post and ran across this

https://twitter.com/HFA/status/758079742675419136

So touching! except...oh god...no please....

IT'S A GOD DAMNED BERNIE BRO IN DISGUISE!!!!!!

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

zegermans posted:

the main downside of the impending nuclear war is that it will rob me of the chance to smugly post "Hillary is the REAL war monger!"

*frantically posts "BUT HER EMAILS" just before being reduced to ash*

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
hillary is a warmonger

altho she must be pleased with how libya went since she can buy her slaves there now

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

GalacticAcid posted:

lmao how did I miss this happening

:abuela:

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Obama would have coasted to a third term against Trump but would not have substantially stemmed the nationwide losses the Democrats had seen under his presidency. At best he would have seen his party temporarily recapture the Senate (which would of course have been really important), but the situation in the House and the state houses would not have improved.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

I like that the democrats have decided they'd rather rule with republicans over a mud puddle than rule over a nation where you don't die because you contracted a curable disease

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

quote:

Allam told The Huffington Post she thought Clinton’s campaign was wrong for “trying to shape me as a poster for her, using my hijab and ethnicity to her advantage without verifying.”

It would have been really cynical of me to characterize the tweet this way myself, but since she said it, yeah it fits

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
what i liked about obama was what a natural actor he was

that time he managed to shed a single tear in public over the sandy hook shooting was five star work

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

loquacius posted:

It would have been really cynical of me to characterize the tweet this way myself, but since she said it, yeah it fits

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2014/01/the-bad-kind-of-unionism/ lol look at the fake author's name. you got owned

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

zeal posted:

what i liked about obama was what a natural actor he was

that time he managed to shed a single tear in public over the sandy hook shooting was five star work

The Sandy Hook gun bill dying seemed to be a turning point for him when he went into full dgaf mode in terms of working with congress.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

zegermans posted:

The Sandy Hook gun bill dying seemed to be a turning point for him when he went into full dgaf mode in terms of working with congress.

was that the one expanding the powers of the no-fly list? cause good riddance :lol:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Ruzihm posted:

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2014/01/the-bad-kind-of-unionism/ lol look at the fake author's name. you got owned

I made it, retard

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

zegermans posted:

Yes, I sure am glad to know Clinton has Israel's back even during egregious bullshit wars like 2006.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vox Nihili posted:

I never said it was a good take; just a gut feeling

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

zegermans posted:

she agrees with trump's wars. she would've spent 100s of billions doing superficial damage to a runway too lol

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
gently caress da police

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Obama would have won, easily. Michelle Obama would maybe have beat the 2012 totals if not 2008. If they had just run her instead of for ~decorum's~ sake skipping a very short period of time between them being back, Trump would not be the president.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I mean if you had to deal with the amount of WE NEED MORE OBAMAS poo poo I deal with daily you would sour on the idea too.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
yeah their enduring appeal prob would stop them beating trump when you think about it :thunk:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Venom Snake has earned the right to be as cynical as he wants IMO

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

jBrereton posted:

yeah their enduring appeal prob would stop them beating trump when you think about it :thunk:

Obama oversaw what was pretty much the total collapse of the democratic party on the state and congressional level so again; I'm skeptical about how actually effective politicians like him are in the long term.

EDIT: In a nutshell I guess what I'm getting at is beating the GOP =/= winning an election against Trump

Venom Snake has issued a correction as of 19:12 on Jul 14, 2017

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

obama will be rememebered forever....

as a lame-duck stepping stone for fascists and monarchists :bagl:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Whenever anyone brings up Michelle Obama running for office I instantly know to disregard any political opinion or analysis they have

She despises politics and has no instinct for reading the political winds. She would be an incredibly bad candidate if you even somehow got her to agree to run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Venom Snake posted:

I never said it was a good take; just a gut feeling
It depends.

Outsider Obama promising the same stuff he did in 2008 would've won bigly
Establishment Obama who already promised the same stuff and delivered poorly(Literally what Hillary was trying to do) would've barely lost in EV for a third term, if at all.

• Locked thread