Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
So is the name of the translator gonna be the 8th that Adam Goldman is going to reveal, or was he included in the 6 we previously heard about though not identified?

Last i heard on CNN and MSNBC they hadn't updated the count to 8.

Goddammit this is confusing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Skex posted:

lots of words & effort

Our guy, Glowing-fish, broke the 4th wall recently. Just ignore his schtick.

glowing-fish posted:

There are so many cliches in American politics, like "Fly Over States" and "Red States", where people from places like Connecticut just lump West Virginia and Utah together, that I wondered what would happen if I just did the opposite.

People who had been repeating stereotypes and cliches for a decade about how Indiana and Arizona are basically the same were shocked by the geographic ignorance of someone saying that Pennsylvania and New York were a lot alike.

Most of the Republican Party's power base is in suburban/exurban areas. People assume that places like Montana look like Appalachia, when there are several demographic ways that that is the opposite of true.

Someone who has never seen a frontier area, someone who has never seen a wilderness area, someone who has never been in a place where it is a day's drive to a metropolitan area, can't understand what places like that are. They just file them under "West Virginia", even though parts of West Virginia are actually part of the Washington, DC Metro.

I am just reversing decades of stereotypes, being more accurate about it, and it drives people crazy.

M&Ms are great though.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Covok posted:

Inb4 thread derail on how body shaming is bad and being mean to facists never work and we should simply politely disagree as they destroy the country but never insult.
if scientists found a way pad out McCain's backbone with trump's extra chin the US would be in a better place

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Watters' lack of journalistic solidity is an entirely different flavor than other Fox hosts'. Pretty sure this guy thinks he's the next Andy Kaufman, with some of the bullshit he's released as news.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

boner confessor posted:

too bad they can't register to vote again later

better hope they remember.

lol if this act of outrage gets forgotten after the next trump fart and they forget they ever deregistered.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Nowadays, whenever I see RT I tend to think about Russia Today. I mean they do have that URL.
By the way Have some new from an unbiased outsinde source. They're calling DTJ "Baby Trump".

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jul 14, 2017

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Cowering behind a shield of hope and Obamanium
Thank god we're done talking about Kellyanne's looks, can we now please go back to discussing her putting her shoes on a couch! On par with tan suits and treason, imo.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

pahuyuth posted:

So is the name of the translator gonna be the 8th ...
Are we actually sure it'll stop at just 8?

Yesterday it was pretty damning when there were like 4 people, we started making jokes about the room being crowded when it was 6, now there was 8...

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

pahuyuth posted:

So is the name of the translator gonna be the 8th that Adam Goldman is going to reveal, or was he included in the 6 we previously heard about though not identified?

I have no idea and am similarly confused. gently caress, maybe I was at this meeting. Maybe you were. Maybe we all were as a distraction while the real poo poo was going down outside. There's just no way to know.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

If Donald Sr. was the 8th man in the room I literally may die laughing

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Filthy Hans posted:

If Donald Sr. was the 8th man in the room I literally may die laughing

yeah

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

pahuyuth posted:

I think people might be double counting Akhmetshin Rinat, the Russian lobbyist/provocateur guy?

So far we have:

Trump Jr.
Kushner
Manafort
Rob Goldstone
Russian lawyer with ties to Kremlin (Veselnitskaya)
Former Russian counterintelligence officer and current Russia lobbyist Akhmetshin Rinat
Unnamed Translator
?mystery #8?

also the reporting has been that there are *at least* 8, so could be more

my money's on Priebus

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

This is strait up a two minutes hate. I wonder why only the black person was disagreeing with what was being said? :ghost:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

highme posted:

Our guy, Glowing-fish, broke the 4th wall recently. Just ignore his schtick.

That post is dumber than if he had just been sincere in the first place

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
8th person was Hillary, compiling a list.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

8th person was mccain and he will be very concerned when he learns of this.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

GOP voter suppression methods now include scaring voters in to giving up their right to vote.

He's just reading down a list of right wing conspiracy theories. :stare:

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Pellisworth posted:

I think people might be double counting Akhmetshin Rinat, the Russian lobbyist/provocateur guy?

So far we have:

Trump Jr.
Kushner
Manafort
Rob Goldstone
Russian lawyer with ties to Kremlin (Veselnitskaya)
Former Russian counterintelligence officer and current Russia lobbyist Akhmetshin Rinat
Unnamed Translator
?mystery #8?

also the reporting has been that there are *at least* 8, so could be more

my money's on Priebus

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/885959922101387264

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Dude its soo easy to register to vote in CO. Theyll be fine

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

okay cool

I'm pretty sure we still have a mysterious 8th person who might get identified shortly. It would be obnoxious to make a big show of revealing the name of the translator.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/885964899763056641

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Ugh, so now journalism is basically these twitter blue checkmark fuckers telling us to stay tuned for news and failing to deliver 70% of the time, ok.

nerdz fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jul 14, 2017

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I hate this Trump bot, he shows up in every hashtag.

Also, it is extremely presumptuous to think that the US killed the Soviet Union. This dude seriously needs a reality check.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

streamlined al sharpton is still a weird visual for me

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

Mit Piss und Eisen

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Pellisworth posted:

okay cool

I'm pretty sure we still have a mysterious 8th person who might get identified shortly. It would be obnoxious to make a big show of revealing the name of the translator.

ya just sayin the translator has been named. so duder #8 has potential still

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Soviet Unions decline started in the 60's and largely due to the incompetence of its leaders/communism not being an efficient means of resource distribution

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

nerdz posted:

Ugh, so now journalism is basically these twitter blue checkmark fuckers telling us to stay tuned for news and failing to deliver 70% of the time, ok.

Just wait until they learn about f2p games and realize they only need to be correct 1% of the time.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Alright is 5pm, where's my drama?

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Crain posted:

Alright is 5pm, where's my drama?

give it 30min or so

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Pellisworth posted:

okay cool

Hello friend let me introduce you to journalism in the age of twitter.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Survey says...

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
New Adam Goldman tweet is up!

https://twitter.com/adamgoldmanNYT/status/885963698145292288

How DARE you!

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I hate this Trump bot, he shows up in every hashtag.

Also, it is extremely presumptuous to think that the US killed the Soviet Union. This dude seriously needs a reality check.

Its taken as a basic fact in the states (even by democrats / centrists) that the Soviet Union was brought down by eternal God Emperor Reagan. That's going to be hard to change.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

nerdz posted:

Maybe stop freaking out and assuming that if a reporter says on twitter that there is another name to report it has to be a HUGE BIG DEAL.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Despera posted:

Soviet Unions decline started in the 60's and largely due to the incompetence of its leaders/communism not being an efficient means of resource distribution

The oil embargo of the 1970s was really the only thing staving off their demise (and the massive ppb drop in the 80's really hastened it)

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

This is a good problem to have.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Hello friend let me introduce you to journalism in the age of twitter.

thread: I've learned the name of the 8th person (1/17)

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Buca di Bepis posted:

That post is dumber than if he had just been sincere in the first place

Right? Speaking for the rest of the Western-Americans, we don't claim him either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Covok posted:

This is a good problem to have.

The issue is mainly liquor distributors demanding they get to distribute weed too and gumming up the weed distributor licensing process.

• Locked thread